Is there a point to watching a show you know ends before the source material and won't get a S2?

Is there a point to watching a show you know ends before the source material and won't get a S2?

Other urls found in this thread:

thewertzone.blogspot.de/2015/04/a-song-of-ice-and-fire-hits-58-million.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Of course.

If you have fun watching it yes

Lately, I've been conflicted about that myself and I've decided not to watch series that tell not a full story. I prefer anime over manga or LN so the chances of me picking something up is low. I've only continued Gakkou Gurashi and Ao Haru Ride, while there are a lot of others that I have to read the manga to get the full story.

at least with manga you have a shot that someone is translating it. LNs rarely get translated unless the anime is super popular

all consumption of media is pointless

I'm not talking that far down the nihilism hole, user.

You are already questioning the value of 95% of the story if the last 5% is missing.
What is it exactly you enjoy about watching an anime?

The epic conclusions obviously

Then you must love the first episode of GaRei Zero.

Actually I did. That show really got to the crazy shit fast even if it was all a trick. Too bad about the rest ;^)

Its unusual first few eps' nature, however, still can't really top series that have epic shit at the end.

Don't use emoticons on Sup Forums.

Agreed.

Generally I don't know what is better or worse. Tons of new anime that the majority of them will never be finished or a few that are complete? I tent to believe the latter is better. I get "happy" when I hear about series that get more seasons even if I've never watched them.

It might make you want to read the source material. If it doesn't, then you know not to read the source material.

Why do Japanese go reverse in the level of budget they first experience and then transition to?

For example, in the west, no one is going to watch Game of Thrones and then read the novels. No one is going to be spurred to read Batman comics by watching the latest Batman movie. Yet for some reason Japanese are expected to take in an impressive, high budget work and then transition to a piddly shit book or comic to get the rest of the story.

That's because manga and lns still have cute illustrations to bypass people's ADD.

Depends what you want out of anime. If I know there won't be any conclusion in a show, that completely turns me off to it. I'm not an LN/Manga reader, that's just not my thing. So if there's no solid conclusion then I probably won't watch. Some people don't care and just there for the ride but I dislike not having closure.

>no one is going to watch Game of Thrones and then read the novels.
Do you have any data to support that?

>No one is going to be spurred to read Batman comics by watching the latest Batman movie.
That's because comics are not a respectable hobby in the US, and Batman is just capeshit.

There's actually a huge fucking glut of entertainment media in Japan. Like, really really really a lot.
That's why most anime serves as an advertisement for the source material, to make people aware that this thing exists.

Comics in the US have illustrations too, and they're even in color.

Maybe they should try putting ads for manga on trains or on the side of apartment buildings.

>Do you have any data to support that?
Of course not. But I can't imagine the normalfags reading a book after watching it on TV.

>That's because comics are not a respectable hobby in the US, and Batman is just capeshit.
Can you explain why Batman movies are respectable if comics are not?

>But I can't imagine the normalfags reading a book after watching it on TV.
Then you'll be surprised to know that popular movies/TV shows usually lead to new editions of the books they are based on, typically with art taken from the movie/TV show.

There is a market there.

>Can you explain why Batman movies are respectable if comics are not?
They are considered action flicks, which somehow passes the comic filter. I don't exactly understand how it works, but it's evident that it does.

>Maybe they should try putting ads for manga on trains or on the side of apartment buildings.
I can only hope you are joking.

They do that too. But a TV advertisement is always way more effective than just a normal billboard.
After all, the anime show shows you the content of the source material to make you more interested in it to buy it in the first place.

>Then you'll be surprised to know that popular movies/TV shows usually lead to new editions of the books they are based on, typically with art taken from the movie/TV show.
>There is a market there.
It's got to be a very small one though. They don't expect the boost to the "source material" to be enough to justify Game of Thrones as an ad for the books.

I'm wondering why Japanese are so comfortable going from more to less I guess I'm saying. With anime you have music, vas, movement, color. Then you are forced to transition to a black and white comic. I just can't really do it. I can read a manga that I know will never get an anime, but actually transitioning from an anime to a manga is jarring.

>For example, in the west, no one is going to watch Game of Thrones and then read the novels. No one is going to be spurred to read Batman comics by watching the latest Batman movie.
Neither of these two things seems implausible to me.

>It's got to be a very small one though.
thewertzone.blogspot.de/2015/04/a-song-of-ice-and-fire-hits-58-million.html
You are a fucking retard.
Shut up. Seriously. Shut up.

Yes? Are you five or something and still watch shows to "see what happens" instead of watching things to enjoy it throughout?

>That's because comics are not a respectable hobby in the US
Why not?

Bad reputation. Ask somebody from America. Though I guess any respectable American would be asleep at this hour.

Guess I don't understand the normalfag mind. Maybe they just use them as coffee table discussion pieces.

>normalfag
It works for fucking everybody.
There's a few kids that hate reading, and those won't buy the books. But anyone who likes reading is prone to this. It's only natural.

>no one is going to watch Game of Thrones and then read the novels
My brother did. I mean, he hasn't finished the novels yet, if that lends credence to some kind of point you were trying to make about the books being way more fucking boring than the show, but he found the show first and wanted to engage with the source material if that was your main point.

Pretty much this. Out of all the people I know who read the ASOIAF books, I'm the only one who didn't watch the show first.

I like reading and I'd never watch a TV show and then read the novel it is an adaption of because that'd be like experiencing the same thing twice and I have a backlog 20 miles long and only so much time to finish it in. Basically I'd choose: either the books or the TV, either or.

You are not supposed to finish your backlog moron. Your backlog is just there in case you are wondering what you should watch/read next.

>people thinking experiencing the same thing twice is bad
I don't understand your kind.
You're probably also posting in "what anime/manga do you want wiped from your mind for another first experience" thread.
Repeated exposure brings to light more details of the work. You are able to comprehend and enjoy it on a completely new level. But you are just hurrying off like all that matters are your MAL stats.

If you never finish your backlog you might have missed The Greatest 11/10 Series Ever that just happened to be sitting on your backlog

>If you never finish your backlog you might have missed The Greatest 11/10 Series Ever
That could happen to you just as well by misjudging it and never adding it to your backlog.

>that just happened to be sitting on your backlog
But I don't watch stuff just because it's on my backlog, I just watch whatever interests me at the moment.

Whatever interests you at the moment instantly gets added to your backlog

Exactly. I am saying that if something looks interesting it can skip in line and get an instant promotion from "potentially entertaining" to "gonna be watched tonight".

Well I didn't mean that backlogs had a mandatory order. Just that one day I'd hope to have no backlog but unaired things.

>Just that one day I'd hope to have no backlog but unaired things.
But then you'd be vulnerable to outside influences. If the season sucks, you can't watch anything at all.
If your internet is down, you're fucked too.

If you have even a minor backlog neither of those situations mean an interruption in your anime watching.

The despair of waiting for next season.

Both the examples you listed have only gotten shittier after the point the anime ended on so lucky for you I suppose.

Late night anime has become promotionals for their respective source material.