Is this the future of manga scanlation?

Is this the future of manga scanlation?

Other urls found in this thread:

bato.to/forums/topic/25877-non-contributors-who-can-add-chaptercomicgroup/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How do I remove that bar?

What the fuck happened to this website?

I just noticed these are fucking manwhas

Pay Batoto a greater amount than Saiko did.

Ublock element blocker.

>first the account requirement
>now this

>This is what scanlation has become

good thing I can read moon

Why is anyone even upset? Just get a batoto ripper and avoid the site. Problem solved.

What if I'm a uploader and have to see this chinese shit every day?

So now batoto is dead, what's the alternate choice?

Stop uploading there?

Just poke your eyes out, what's the problem,

Just use Kissmanga.

So, what are they going to do with all that filthy chinese money?
Hire some translators?
Acquire some Japanese liscences and titles?
Become the new Crunchyroll?
I can already see them charge for a premium account.

>make friends with otaku and cosplayers

Just straight from the groups' sites I guess.
Doubt there's any site that's as good as Batoto used to be and where most groups would upload.

>the future
user, it's already the present.

I took a look at some of those, the typesetting is so bad and every page is watermarked.

Did people really get paid for that?

Strangely there is nothing about this on their forum so I guess nothing changes and that's only advertisement of that site.

To launder money. This thing isn't going to actually make much money. The money obtained is laundered money. The (mainland) chinese is notorious with running money laundering schemes everywhere and through every means available.

BD rips in rmvb are still a thing in the Chinese community. They don't care about quality.

>rmvb

Holy shit, it's like I'm back in 2004 again

More and more places are mixing manga and manwha on purpose. Like all these korean boothes at JAPANexpo, that sell manga along with their shit so that people have no idea of what they're buying. I suppose these sites get korean and chinese money to do that. Now I never start to read something without checking the author and characters names before.

Well the Chinese kind of live in every tech decade from early 80's to present day.
For example, have you ever seen those plug-and-play video game "consoles"? That's what they advertise and sell as being hottest shit.
The whole country runs on bootleg commodities.

Fuck batoto it's run by sjw faggots who love keeping shotacon manga on the site but remove masterpieces like oretama because they find it problematic

To be honest, I think the format dates even further back than that. I can remember my brother watching Ranma in mvb back in high school over ten years ago (around 2004), and then I thought how can he watch it in so low quality.

It's certainly been longer than that, but I do vaguely remember that it's still a thing in 2004. Those were the days when VLC was the best option.

the future you choose

>all the years long batoto shilling on Sup Forums was worthless in the end
Oh wow

Nothing changes
bato.to/forums/topic/25877-non-contributors-who-can-add-chaptercomicgroup/

I wouldn't want to be too prejudiced and I'm sure there are at least somewhat decent reads in korean and chinese works as well.
It's just that all I have seen so far just don't look good.
I mean I have read shitty manga too. Getting your work published doesn't mean it's going to be great, but a great deal of these manhwas I've seen are webtoons and I just can't into those.

I don't think shilling has ever worked on Sup Forums. If Sup Forums actually likes a thing, Sup Forums would have jumped on it straight away (LWA being the most obvious example). Other wise, it'll just be shitposting and mockery through and through.

>webtoons
That's because those are practically on the same level as "self-published" authors. There's little to no quality control. The ones that are actually decent are chink comics from Taiwan and Hong Kong. That's where you get actual artists and not teenagers who dream of being an artist. That said, even then, they simply aren't as good as moon mangaka.

One of the comments on one of those says that the scanlator is a volunteer and just got the raws handed out.

Yeah that's what I've gathered.
Self-publishing isn't inherently a bad thing, you can mess about how you want without an editor butting in or caring about popularity ratings, but it does entail what you said and if you're good enough to get officially serialised and getting profit from it why wouldn't you.
I've understood it so that there are "official" webtoon publishings as well, but I'd imagine it just gathers the dregs that aren't fit for actual releases.

>I don't think shilling has ever worked on Sup Forums.

There's obvious shilling here all the time, are we on the same board?

>I don't think shilling has ever worked on Sup Forums.
Grand Blue got shilled for the last two or three days, m8.

If it's "obvious" then it certainly doesn't count as working. Especially since as I said, they get called out on it and mocked. Like the literal chinese cartoons threads that happen once in a while.

I never said shilling doesn't happen, mate.

>they get called out on it and mocked

just like all the "re:zero is aoty" and says that it's a masterpiece. I'm not really sure if it's shilling or just another board or something screwing with us, but it's pretty annoying.

Wait, so... who cares? What's the difference besides this bar up top?

Are you high or just dumb?

Points is that it worked that well that the shills literally came you to discuss it and got defended by other anons when they were called out.

It wasn't worthless, but every change batoto made drove Sup Forums away.

>More and more places are mixing manga and manwha on purpose. Like all these korean boothes at JAPANexpo, that sell manga along with their shit so that people have no idea of what they're buying. I suppose these sites get korean and chinese money to do that. Now I never start to read something without checking the author and characters names before.

They are literally parasite, cockroach.

I think we might have a fundamentally different idea of what shilling means.

The majority of the manhwa and manhua I've checked out were absolute shit for the reasons you've stated, the exception being pic related that I discovered on DM5. (And that exception is because the original manhwa is hidden behind a paywall.)

This is just me wondering if someone knowing gook would translate it.

Why is it dead, though? Shits still free and all. It's not like they're pulling a fakku, right? right?

Shill is an actual word. I using it in the context of what the dictionary says.

Goddammit.

Shilling is pretty broad. From advertising a service/site undercover to forcing threads about a shit manga you scanlate to generate unreal hype. So that more people "donate" and shill your group.

Real player was more like 2000-2002. After that divx 179 mb encodes took over.

There is a fundamental difference between Sup Forums and Sup Forums when it comes to shilling, and that's how a large part of the communities get their hands on their media.
Just about every single user is a pirate. There are a few retards who walked in here by accident despite having only watched a few shows that were legally broadcasted or that still rely on their CR account. By and large we are pirates.
Sup Forums has a significant amount of people who need to buy before they can test a product.

Shilling does not work if people try out a product for free before paying for it (if they pay at all).

>gook
That seems to be chink though.

People aren't expecting a fakku. They're expecting a CR.

Where would you upload your stuff if batoto was dead? I doubt anyone would find my wordpress

>I doubt anyone would find my wordpress
They might if you properly register your stuff on MU.

People still use this?

Of course.

This Golden Sparrow thing reminds me of Yokoyama's Sangokushi a little, but I'm still not terribly optimistic considering the manga right next to it.

Literally nobody know or give a fuck the banner

Chink and gook are really the parasite of manga & anime industry