When will we get a neo-80s anime?

When will we get a neo-80s anime?

I doubt that Japan can into synthwave

Final Fantasy 7 is coming to a game store near you.
The whole first segment is a blatant rip off Blade Runner. But it's okay, because the game is awesome.

>Rip off
>Doesn't know the meaning of homage
Yare yare

What does that even mean?

The visuals, music, the story and the fictional world should resemble the 80s or the way the people of 80s have imagined the future.

Please watch Akira if you haven't.

But Gundam is already a thing.

DOMO Ninja Slayer-san.
user desu.

I already have watched Akira, Megazone, Bubblegum Crisis, classic Gundam and so on. I want something else, since a lot of the other shows seem pretty boring or poorly aged (all those low quality DVD and even VHS rips).

The only good things Unicorn has are visuals in general, Sinanju, Marida and Loni Garvey. The story is awful.

I don't want to spoonfeed you with titles. Just hang around /m/ for some time.

Marida a shit.

Being Marida is suffering.
I've been there too. And for a pretty long time.

I'd say it's a bit more than a homage. Even funnier was watching Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind after I had played the Final Fantasy games and Chrono Trigger. Now that's also homage (rip off) of a grand scale.

It is only a homage when Gainax does it. Otherwise it is rip-off.

in about 64 years.

Why 64

I´d say Gundam might be one of the few right answers. The problem with Gundam is that it is stuck in this old vision of technology. Thunderbolt for example has the attention to detail on animation and has its story based on already surpassed mentalities and technologies.

80s stuff was done when Japan had a shitload of money and could spend lavishly on animation for their scifi dreams. Those days are gone.

Really?

I could see someone like Takeshi Koike doing something like that. If i were a billionaire i would fund the shit out of it! Maybe a new version of Midnight Eye Goku

Was this a throwback to 90s stuff?