What's Sup Forums's opinion on the adaptation of Tales of Zest?

What's Sup Forums's opinion on the adaptation of Tales of Zest?

And who else likes that badass song in episode 5?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2yqUpypQwGs.
tieba.baidu.com/p/4741800179.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Great animation, cute characters, interesting story. I like it. I don't like the male protagonist though.

The greatest love story ever told.

Great homo, cute girls, girls who don't intervene in homo, great animation, shitty cliche story. That is all. 6/10

Cute homo, cute girls, good music and animation, but all the characters, the plot are objectively shit because they come from a shit game.

even when they're fixing the plot and overall giving a fuck you to baba the berseria episodes were still better.

I've only played Abyss and Symphonia, do all the later ones rip off old ones? Cause that's just Lloyd and Genis

why is it so damn slow?
Not even 20% of the game done so far, do they think they have 50 episodes?

Because Zestiria is really short, in reality the second cour will go by really fast.

Yeah most of the second half is a shitty fetch quest
Wonder why the decided to animate a game like this that barely has a plot

Not much actually happens in Zestiria. The manga even goes through 4 volumes to finish. The second cour will be very fast in comparison because it's more eventful. They're just dragging out this cour, giving Alisha all the screentime she needs before leaving to prepare everyone for Rose in the next.

>The second cour will be very fast in comparison because it's more eventful.
No, it's not even in the manga when it covers the second part there are very little events occur in the second part after Alisha leaves.

Because the game's story was rewritten to include Baba's waifu.

watching it for my cute homo OTP. think it looks nice and it's way better than the game so far.

That's because the manga deliberately cut out the elemental trials and even the war scene. We don't know what Ufotable will do in comparison.

Both of those things were filler so of course it was cut out.

they could probably get away with cutting the trials in the anime, or maybe just three of them. absolutely nothing of plot importance happens in the wind or earth trial except we won't get to see Edna teasing that guy, which is a shame and the water trial is only slightly important because of the sword thing with Maltran which will probably get dropped anyway. and of course they'll cut the late game memory orb hunt, too.

The berseria eps don't require much modifications because the source material is already good. Zestiria has to have Berseria be it's back up along with Ufotable trying to fix the game mess ups. It's an embarrassment as an 20th anniversary game hype up to be the culmination of the tale series when it's need so much fixing to make it seem decent.

Sorey in the anime is infinitely stronger than his game counterpart. Besides the trials aren't important to the story of Zestiria and only acted as an artificial way to extend the story. There is no reason for the trials to be shown.

(Sorey's my husbando)
Way better than the game!

I also liked the Berseria's segments, can't wait for that game.

will they do the whole killing melvyn thing? It came from nowhere
Sorey and co are far too bloodthirsty for being supposed to be pure

I'd just rather they completely rewrite the trials to reflect character development that the cast desperately needed and should've gotten in the first place then simply drop them.

Then again, I'm biased because I want to hear that delicious OST.

Well that's what tends to happen when you have a producer fuck over the story just because he wants to get his dick wet. Reading the Zestiria guide book they never really changed anything in Berseria.

the songs heard during the trials were just remixes of the characters' themes.

>will they do the whole killing melvyn thing? It came from nowhere
I hope not and I doubt it. Seeing them get owned by an old man was by far the funniest thing about late game.

anime Sorey can leap long distances between buildings and launch himself into the air like a superhuman to fight hellions before he's even the shepherd. it's ridiculous. i love it. and that's not even touching on how quickly his spiritual powers are growing, maybe Heldalf's domain won't make him fall to his knees and vomit in the anime.

i thought Mayvin had to die to show them the Camlann flashback, which is pretty important. guess they could change it. does anyone know if he died in the manga?

I like how Heldaf is the only character who get actual development, he is far more likable than anyone else in the cast.
Sorey is likable at the beginning but he ends up being brainwashed and the spirits never stops their "Look we are so superior while humans are dirty" shit

Yeah there's no reason for that to happen now. Makes me wonder how they're going to include Rose because now Sorey really doesn't need her.

Well they can hit the Seraphim with the ugly truth that malevolence as a concept in their world was created by a bunch of arrogant and salty seraphim the timeline hinted that malevolence wasn't natural to their world.

If Sorey is allowed to save one or two people without killing them then it would be more than enough to fix his character. But seeing as though they have no one breathing down their necks to have Rose be right they might do just that.

I like Velvet

Sorey never really needed Rose as fight backup, i think it was more like he needed moral support from another human not to mention they needed a second human for gameplay reasons. plus he had someone to talk to in front of other humans instead of talking to air and looking like a crazy person. wasn't Mikleo the one who convinced her to travel with Sorey?

The arrogant cast definitely needed to be hit by the truth.
It's funny how the seirei in Berseria are actually shit on by humans yet are infinitely more likable and humble.

But the tenzoku who stayed in their original world are the worst, they all need to die

Should I play the game or just watch the anime?

I'm an old man with time constraints

both are shit.

Both are shit. Invest in something better. The anime is fixing up the game but only until the end of this cour.

anime. the game has a lot of frustrating padding.

I don't remember this episode

In the game he needed fight back up, they went out of their way to make that clear especially right when she joined, and also afterwards. However, in terms of moral support, Rose is weird, they claim that she's there for moral support, but she never actually gives Sorey any moral support, all she does is make Sorey upset. It's actually Mikleo who supports Sorey morally, it was supposed to be a part of his character arc that he wishes to be human so that he could be with Sorey more, but that complex is the reason why Mikleo thought that Rose was needed.

But even in the manga that goes into it more Rose really just causes problems for Sorey.

Thats from the game

The only seraphim that weren't arrogant were Mikleo and the other Elysian seraphim (if you talk to them), and that dog and fat cat seraphim. The other seraphim in the group really did need to hear the truth about malevolence.

To be honest with Rose's backstory being the way it was I don't think that it would have worked.

it's from the game.

yeah, i didn't mean to imply Rose was good for Sorey, she's really not and her presence makes the other seraphim Lailah start to shit on his attempts to fix things. really the only thing she was good for was giving him a cover for when he talked to seraphim in public.

It's sad that Phi is served by such failures
Such a good boy

Lailah really needed a more experienced seraphim to just come up to her anytime she tried to shit on Sorey and go youtube.com/watch?v=2yqUpypQwGs. In hindsight her own prejudices nearly fucked over Sorey. At least Sorey by the end of the story (at least in the manga) knows that Lailah's beliefs were all wrong.

It seems as though the seraphim that were old enough or were worked under Zenrus really understood the situation. All the other seraphim were too young to know or just didn't care.

I hate those feathery earclips, but you've got bangin' taste in husbandos if Mikleo shares.

It is improving the game and that is enough for me to consider it good. I can't really judge it as I would judge a regular seasonal animu.

I think it would be kinda slow and boring for a clueless secondary.

it seems like Zaveid could have/should have filled that role. he's possibly older than she is, or at least as old, and he's seen some shit. and it would have been nice if he'd had more of a role in the party than Dezel's convenient hat replacement and hatstand and the perverted one in skits.

different user but he's still my husbando. the feathers grew on me after awhile. Mikleo can deal with it, sharing is caring.

He does in the manga, at least to tell her that she needed to tell Sorey and Mikleo the truth about Camlann. tieba.baidu.com/p/4741800179.

But I don't think that Baba would have allowed anyone to tell off Lailah since, them doing so would have made it so that Rose was in the wrong (more than she already was) and the characters wouldn't have any reason to like her or kiss up to her.