nausicaa.net/miyazaki/interviews/oshii_on_mt.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-Hp2y4WO-58
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>people on Sup Forums don't like stuff that I like

Why is this even allowed

>People on Sup Forums don't have the exact same taste and opinions that I do
This should be ban worthy

He's the anime industry's "old man yells at cloud" archetype

>people on Sup Forums shit on one of the greatest living directors not just in anime, not just in animation as a whole, but in film as a whole
>people on Sup Forums hold up shitty TV series nobody cares about on a pedestal because the more obscure something is, the more "patrician" and "hardcore" it is

Why is this even allowed

contrarianism

he's just an old angry hasbeen who can't get with the times.

>people on Sup Forums disagree with me and I can't handle the banter

Over the line tbqh

the times are garbage

anime was a mistake - Miyazaki, a real human
anime was a mistake - MItarai, a fictional character

Where's your God now?

I would like to shit on him, but I honestly can't think of a reason to hate his films, they're all very good.

Some people actually value animators

Because his films are mediocre and pretentious and he really only got popular because he got a head start working in the anime industry before it got as big as it is today.

So why hasn't he worked to change it?

I dunno
He's got a bit of money so if his kink so happens to be Cleveland Steamers, then I've no problem with it
I'd please old men for money

Hasn't Miyazaki said in the past that he's a feminist?

There's your answer for why everyone on here hates him.

because he has no chance of changing it, he already was being forced to change some of his preferred ways of doing things to stay somewhat efficient.

>op unironically sucks off Miyazaki

why do you do this

heck, that shouldn't even be done ironically, either

>projecting

wtf I love miyazaki now

What's wrong with feminism?

>one of the greatest living directors
back in a day

those days are gone

wtf I hate Miyazaki now

It has outlived its usefulness.
It is nothing but degeneracy now.

The modern day version of it is worthless but back in the 80s and 90s it was still needed to an extent.

>not arguing

Women were a mistake

FINALLY someone says it

>not liking old man dick
HAHA WHAT A GAY

Women are equal in the eye of the law but not in society, feminism is still needed.

>It is nothing but degeneracy now.
Anything is degeneracy if people only focus on the degenerate parts.

>3D Women were a mistake
ftfy

>Anything is degeneracy if people only focus on the degenerate parts.
We would, in feminisms case, but those nothing else to focus on.
>>>/tumblr/

>but not in society
yes, god forbid women put up with the AC being too cold and have to wear a sweater

>Women are equal in the eye of the law but not in society, feminism is still needed.
Are you for real? Most people view women as either being delicate flowers who can never be harmed or criticized or perfect beings who are superior in every way to men. Fuck outta here.

The fucking guy made Castle of Cagliostro. Clearly he's a genius.

but he's right

I'd show his films to kids who want a better Disney. He's just not for me.

There's nothing else to focus on because it's pretty mundane.

There's more double standards in Western society that disadvantage men than women. Most shit that men are criticized for is due to them naturally being like that, and anything women are criticized for is due to social conditioning and misogyny and is totally not their fault or responsibility.

>Are you for real? Most people view women as either being delicate flowers who can never be harmed or criticized or perfect beings who are superior in every way to men. Fuck outta here.
That sounds very equal.

I'd yell at the clouds too if they were actively becoming less enjoyable to look at

>perfect beings who are superior in every way to men
These folks are out of their damn minds.
But how widespread? I've only ever run into two in thirty years.

>Equality is giving women more privileges and power than men while also making sure that they're seen as superior to men.
Holy shit, I hope you're being facetious, otherwise you need to see a therapist.

>defending a disney shill.
why do you do this

different user but no one will ever be seen the same way through everyone's eyes unless everyone is blind, deaf, and has no sense of touch.

>There's more double standards in Western society that disadvantage men than women.
Those sorts of things are kind of tied to Women getting more rights, Men don't have to be the bread winners who work to the bone all day if women work too.

not even the best lupin movie 2bh

>is due to social conditioning and misogyny and is totally not their fault or responsibility

I think what he means in how men always get the short end of the stick in divorce settlements, even if the wives cheated on them, etc

Miyazaki definitely deserves praise for standing up to Disney and not letting them butcher his films.

But he is definitely a meme director. I wouldn't go so far as to call him a hack, but he is certainly overhyped along with Anno to say the least.

Of course I was being facetious, why would you bring up them being treated differently when the goal of feminism is equality?

WTF™
THIS LOAD OF CRAP IS SO STUPID
bumping this up on my backlog

Are you serious? Do you not understand the horrible consequences of new age employment/promotion equity? Get the fuck out of here.

Because it's not fair. Feminism in general has pretty much went from treating women equally to completely pampering them and treating them like children who never have to take any responsibility for shit they do or say, or like goddesses who can never be called out on anything.

That's mostly because the women don't work though right? Or do women get better deals even if they're equal earners?

>Do you not understand the horrible consequences of new age employment/promotion equity?
Please go ahead and explain them.

It's because the law views women as needing more assistance, in the same way that affirmative action imposes quotas upon institutions on who they can hire or admit regardless of better applicants. It doesn't always happen but it's still a glaring issue of double standards and not a real means of achieving equal opportunity.

They pretty much get better deals either way. Mostly because it's the "mothers should have her children, fathers are deadbeats" kinda thing. Most people see fathers as either being lazy or incompetent.

You can't judge all of feminism on the fringe groups, they're just vocal minorities that do nothing but blow hot air.

Feminism is no longer needed in the west. The current form of feminism is harmful to women and society as a whole. Feminists like Christina Hoff Summers and Cathy Young actually agree with this.

Where feminism would be beneficial is in third world countries. Modern feminists will never do anything about this because it means that they would have to leave twitter and push for change in countries where there activities could cause them harm. Modern feminists don't give a shit about anyone but themselves.

Sup Forums likes to shit on him because Sup Forums is arbitrary and so many normalfags praise him. It's justified because he is not the best anime director and it's sad normalfags only know one director, also he criticizes otaku to the point it's annoying.

I think Oshii's opinion on him and Takahata is spot on nausicaa.net/miyazaki/interviews/oshii_on_mt.html

He doesn't let individual animators flourish. He's very old fashioned and his stubbornness both pushed his movies to greatness and pushed the people under him to a creative brink. I wish there was more information surrounding Mamoru Hosoda's time there, because he evidently had a bad time. It seems like a lot of creative talent was crushed under his directing.

Feminazis fuck off this is not anime

this

but if the west continues to become third world then maybe it will be necessary again

>It's because the law views women as needing more assistance
I understand this since women earn less than men but isn't it usually on a case by case basis? Or are divorce lawyers really this dumb?

>in the same way that affirmative action imposes quotas upon institutions on who they can hire or admit regardless of better applicants. It doesn't always happen but it's still a glaring issue of double standards and not a real means of achieving equal opportunity.

I've always thought of affirmative action as an economic aid sort of thing for poor black communities more than an equality thing, though I suppose it was probably more about equality in the past when racism was a much much larger issue.

>again
No. Change will become- heck- it IS necessary, but not what feminism brings.

most women don't even see men as their equals, they tell them that they're disgusting pigs all the time. why the fuck should you respect women if they aren't gonna respect you? treat others how they'd wanna be treated, but they won't do the same.

I haven't really thought about women getting custody more than men but maybe it's to do with helping the child live a life as close to the one prior to divorce as possible.

Sure is anime & manga in here

yeah, but if the woman is messed up, and this is not a raity, then leaving the children with the bitch is the wrong way to go

>I understand this since women earn less than men

People are salty that they called anime a mistake.
The actual estate if the medium does give that idea of mediocre entertainment, but I guess that's in the eye of the beholder.

He is right in the fact that most studios don't take their time to study human interaction tho.

>most women don't even see men as their equals, they tell them that they're disgusting pigs all the time
I don't know where you live but it's not like this in my experience and if anything it's the same who call women sluts and whores all the time.

>why the fuck should you respect women if they aren't gonna respect you?
Because not everyone acts like the caricature you've made up in your mind.

In that situation the man would get custody unless the judge was a huge asshole.

I fucking hate judges.

sage

Misandry is more socially acceptable than misogyny, and women calling men pigs is seen as empowering while men calling women sluts is seen as sexist. See the problem here? Women are allowed to get away with shitting on men but the other way around isn't allowed.

I remember someone in one of these threads mentioned how after reading Nausicaa he realized that Miyazaki is Anti-human. It is an idea that sticked out for me.

men get called pigs just for saying girls are hot or just farting/burping lol

I wouldn't really say this is true except in the case of someone saying it on live TV maybe

>Misandry is more socially acceptable than misogyny
Somewhat I guess, it's pretty much a non issue though.

>women calling men pigs is seen as empowering while men calling women sluts is seen as sexist.
If someone thinks that's empowering you shouldn't care about them or their opinion.

>Women are allowed to get away with shitting on men but the other way around isn't allowed.
Women can get away with this because people find it easier to empathise with women more than they can men.

Kill yourselves, this isn't Sup Forums-related in the fucking slightest.

There's a difference between calling someone a pig because they acted like one and calling all men pigs.

>Women can get away with this because people find it easier to empathise with women more than they can men.
Do you not think it's a problem that women are allowed to be sexist and chauvinistic?

youtube.com/watch?v=-Hp2y4WO-58

>Basic human functions makes you an animal.
Damn, we've really gone full circle huh?

So then it's ok if I call a girl pig if she farts or burps and won't be called names for that?

No, then you'd be called a sexist.

They're not allowed to be it, people just sympathise with women and don't want to be confrontational because they're emotional.

Depends who you're with and how you said it.

Do you guys just not think that women poop or something? If that were the case than most women wouldn't live past the age of 25.

I hold my bodily functions in to be polite and I expect others to do the same, if I'm with someone I know and they do it it's somewhat fine though.

>im insecure about my basic human functions and i'd rather be uncomfortable than be seen as rude
alright

also even when you do it in front of people you know you get called a pig.

>he sharts in the mart and is proud of it
sad!

>>im insecure about my basic human functions and i'd rather be uncomfortable than be seen as rude
Not insecure, I'd just rather not be impolite, maybe there's a difference between our cultures.

>also even when you do it in front of people you know you get called a pig.
Playfully though.

>sharting is the same as farting or burping
keep projecting, nerd

How dare americans of lesser repeating digits speak in such ways to me

There's a difference between being proud and not giving a shit about what others think. Are you dense?

see

please report this shit thread

Mods are literally dead. Four rec threads up right now.