Is this show any good?

I wonder too. It's been on my "A lot of edgelords on Sup Forums and other chinese cartoon forums love this, maybe it is something I should see" list for some time now.

Yes.
YOU DON"T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND

Only if you seem to be an honest man.

A SHAME YOU SEEMED AN HONEST MAN

Keyword: edgelords

Absolutely.

AND ALL THE THINGS YOU HOLD SO DEAR

Shows aren't usually still being recommended and discussed 18 years after they aired for no reason.

Oh god I'm so old.

Lets all love Lain!

WILL TURN TO WHISPER IN YOUR EAR

Yes. It's actually a masterpiece. Literally, no exaggeration. One of the greatest things to ever come out of anime.

No, but the opening is.

It's great. There's really nothing else like it in Anime. It nails its atmosphere and asthetic perfectly and while the story can be confusing it's reall smart and thought provoking.

if you can distance yourself from the threads then yes it's a good watch

Yeah, this is probably the most heavily intellectual and/or pretentious series I've watched.

If you are just looking for quick entertainment probably no.

I would recommend not binge watching the whole thing in one go either, but maybe watch 3-4 episodes a day.
I made the mistake of watching it all in one go and by the end it was actually tiring me trying to keep up with it all.

Also don't watch the dub version, in several places it differs quite a bit in conversations and makes Lain appear much more timid and frail than it does in the sub version.

>I made the mistake of watching it all in one go and by the end it was actually tiring me trying to keep up with it all.
As did I. It was the same with Texhnolyze, too.
I really should give both of these another go and do it right this time.

I always feel like I forget most of a show when I marathon it.
I figured this out some time ago and now I never watch more than two episodes of the same show a day.

Accept Texnolyze is much better than Lain. I marathoned it as well and it is in my top 25 anime of all time easy.

badly compressed bear

AND YOU KNOW I DON'T MEAN TO HURT YOU

>I always feel like I forget most of a show when I marathon it.
Yeah i have stopped doing that for shows where i have to actually pay attention to the plot.
Much better to have some time to think things over or everything just blends together in my head.

I watched two episodes a day at night.
>Watching the final 3 episodes wrapped in a blanket while it's raining outside.
Maximum comfy

Wow you went full faggot there and a nice bit of autism. Congrats.

thanks senpai

Liked the first few episodes because of how lonely everyone was. Then I stopped when it became sci-fi. Maybe I'll try it again.