Alderamin on the sky with diamonds

So now they are just 100% ripping LotGH but without the pacing, characters, setting, humanity or depth?

While I like "Legend of the Galactic Heros for kids", it could had taken more than concepts and situations. If anything LotGH shines because it's such a boring thing that you can really enjoy watching, it makes people talking and ships floating until they explode fun and exciting. Alderamin seems so rushed and it still isn't really going anywhere since all the stakes set at the begining are very tangential to what's happening.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_4HD1HgfKB4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>ripping LotGH
Nah. I think it's just generic, badly written fluff. It doesn't want to go anywhere beyond showing the awesomeness of the protagonist(s).

The thing that irritated me the most so far was the speech about how soldiers should be lazy.

Not really since Sup Forums is the only place still have people think this show is bad.

He cut off a finger for someone elses wrong doing
He is awesome

Yeah MC and his dick sucking are terrible.
>Sup Forums is the only place still have people think this show is bad
>**9,951位/**9,434位 (***,191 pt) [*,**1予約] 2016/09/28 「ねじ巻き精霊戦記 天鏡のアルデラミン」 vol.1 【Blu-ray】

I've seen people complain about how much was taken out of the LNs, I don't particularly care about that but I wish that it could had resulted in better pacing. It feels really rushed and at the same time barely anything happened.
I mean, a lot of stuff happened but the characters haven't really questioned themselves in any way nor was there any real change in the big conflict until now.
Probably now that there's a rival the pace should pick up, but if it was already rushed they either will take longer for each thing to happen (with a ton of monologues explaining why they do each thing) or they will rush it even more...

While Ikta is so very obviously inspired on Yang Wenli is obvious. Bringing LoGH into another setting is interesting, even if the execution isn't on the same level. It's an interesting show.

What this show really lacks is an antagonist. The guy they introduced at the end of episode 10 is perhaps supposed to be his nemesis? Yang Wenli doesn't shine at his brightest without a Reinhard to oppose him. And yes, it's all very rushed, but that's how anime rolls nowdays.

He's just teen Yang Wen-li replacing alcohol for women. Part of Yang's charm was that he was particularly mature about things as a result of extensive research and a love for studying. When you turn that characterization into backstory it just feels like an overpowered generic MC.
Arararagi meets Yang, I'd say.

>The thing that irritated me the most so far was the speech about how soldiers should be lazy.

Humans are lazy, the majority of human inventions are meant to make our lives easier.

They also don't questioned themselves in LN, because no reason for it, the war is in front of them, no time for thinking other shit.

And no it's not rushed at all, the complaining is fucking stupid.

Rival feels really Reinhard-y too. Burning as fast as possible to prove himself and all that.
As long as they don't make him plain old evil or dumb, I'll be okay with him. Yes, LotGH in a new setting is sort of interesting but if you take away the elements that made that anime interesting and replace them with generic villains, poorly though out scenarios and single action strategies then you just have a poor look-a-like.

>this show is bad.
Is not a good show either it is mediocre.

Also the main character is a mess, it feels more like a compendium of ideas of how a good main character should be rather than an actual character.

Every other character is pretty much a trope and at least until now they did not anything remarkable.

Not that I dislike the show, and I certainly thank that we got a fantasy anime that its his own thing and not some Dragon Quest LOTR hybrid and I love warfare stories but lets be honest here until know aside of the unique setting is pretty average-low.

His soldiers are charging into melee combat on a regular basis. Telling them to take it easy will get them killed.
You wouldn't need to tell soldiers to maintain an orderly formation. That's what drills are for. He even called them well-drilled.

What you do need to make sure of is that they don't get scared and run away. But his attitude isn't really helpful in that. There is a reason why honor or death slogans have been so popular with so many different armies for so long. That's what works.

>still think BD sales matters.
CR, Funi, Netflix etc already take the money earning job.

For what I readby episode two they had already taken out half a LN. I can see why people who like it would complain even if I don't care.

Each moment that requiered strategy so far has been resolved in half an episode, that's pretty rushed for a show entirely about how much of an strategist the MC is.

I mentioned questioning themselves just as an example of something that makes a narrative progress. If you focus on your characters they can do a ton of stuff but unless they grow they are stuck in the same place, if you focus on pragmatic developments then having them think too much about what they do is wasting time. So far this has had barely any of that, 10 episodes for progressing your story is quite a lot.

So you just basically against one of this series main point, what's the point of you still watching? and no LN is same as anime, it doesn't matter.

They could had turned it into a propaganda slogan, sort of
>If you follow me I'll make sure each one of you is happy instead of worrying about the empire
But his batallion just stopped being there after that episode. They do stuff but it's all off screen and they aren't mentioned at all.

I mean, I guess it's his batalion doing it. They could had been replaced and we wouldn't know.

>For what I readby episode two they had already taken out half a LN.
It's not.

>If you focus on your characters they can do a ton of stuff but unless they grow they are stuck in the same place,
I understand now, you think this is battle harem series that characters needs to "grow up", but you know what, they don't need to because they group up already since beginning, only princess need to grow up but it didn't happen til volume 8, which anime will never ever reach that.

It's not great, but it's good enough for me to enjoy watching each week. I really wish it was better though.

>His soldiers are charging into melee combat on a regular basis. Telling them to take it easy will get them killed.

You misunderstand the point, it's fundamentally a statement about using your brain instead of your body. There is a suitable adage in 'work smarter not harder'.

>what's the point of you still watching?
I don't agree with the message, because it's dumb, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the anime.

Explain.
You are not making sense yet.

It's similar to that meme where Bill Gates would rather hire a lazy person than a hard working person

>you think this is battle harem series that characters needs to "grow up"
Not at all.
Any story centered in characters progresses when the character changes, which doesn't mean growing up, getting better, learning new things or anything in particular; just change. It could be for the bad, it could eventually be a cycle back to the begining, it could be anything. If the character is the main focus then the world around them comes second, it's background.
On the other hand I'm fully aware that this story could retain the same characters and move the world around them, focusing on that instead is completely valid and, to a certain extent, is what LotGH does. But if that were the case then the episodes focused on presenting the characters were pretty much time wasting, we don't need to know their backstories if they don't affect the changes in the setting. We only get to know Reinhard's past becuase it shows how the Empire works, we don't get the same treatment for Yang or any other one in his side because we get that information by itself.

You can also do both, sure, but that's extra work that hasn't happened either. And you could do neither, but then you would have a permanent status quo like a 4koma comedy which isn't the point of this particular anime.

We are talking about soldiers here. Physical workers. People who have to rely on their reaction speed to avoid getting killed.
Explain to me how thinking is going to help.

He's telling his men the ideal they should strive for is to complete their objectives without needing to charge into melee combat in the first place. That the only way they can do that is by using their brains, thinking about how they can achieve the desired ends with as little work as possible.

>It's not great, but it's good enough for me to enjoy watching each week. I really wish it was better though.
100% this
But we all know how this works
youtube.com/watch?v=_4HD1HgfKB4

>the ideal they should strive for is to complete their objectives without needing to charge into melee combat in the first place.
Nonsense. That's not up to them.
It's up to the person in charge.

Again. They are soldiers.

While I understood the message, I have to agree that grunts aren't the ones thinking shit. They just follow orders. If they stop doing that to think better solutions then you don't have a chance.

Fair point, but I think the author wanted to focus more on the aspects of using brains instead of brunt.

Somehow like in the creation of Aikido. The founder used his brains and managed to formulate techniques to use an opponents force against himself.

Something like that.

>soldiers can't suggest tactics to superiors
>Ikta can't be trying to spread logical thinking "scientific" habits to the world through his unit

Your view is so narrow.

>The founder
Yes, there is a brain at the center of everything. But not every finger needs to do the job of the head. It's not fair, but it's what works.

In any case, this argument would matter if any of those soldiers ever did anything again. Ikta hasn't even acknowledged them again after that speech.

>>soldiers can't suggest tactics to superiors
I'm pretty sure a grunt can't make suggestions to a CO, and even if the CO did listen, it would be mostly unqualified because (ideally) the CO has been spending all the time crunching data while the grunt has no good perspective of what's going on.

>>soldiers can't suggest tactics to superiors
that's why Ikta didn't whisper his plan to his superior instead of bringing that up himself, because the army is an institution know for letting people speak out of order.

>But not every finger needs to do the job of the head.

But wouldn't it be better if the soldiers become autonomous to some degree. Similar to muscle memory, where the brain dictates and somehow the fingers remember things and do the job efficiently than before.

>the CO has been spending all the time crunching data while the grunt has no good perspective of what's going on.
In this setting their about even, most of the COs are incompetent as fuck.

>that's why Ikta didn't whisper his plan to his superior instead of bringing that up himself,

Are you actually retarded? Ikta whispering his plan to his superior IS a soldier suggesting tactics. The superior also suggested it to the base commander.

Further more even if a grunt can't make decisions, at some point in the future they might be in a position to make decisions.

Another thing that bothers me after the reveal of the rival is that all this arc has been the plan of a single talented guy. That shit didn't fly in LoTGH. Reinhard constantly asked and took advice from his officers, who often had supperior or alternative views from his. I'm not a fan of this shonen style super genius kind of deal.

>But wouldn't it be better if the soldiers become autonomous to some degree.
That's modern armies, with smaller groups of soldiers working independently. This change was only possible (and sensible) because of the evolution of the weapons systems.
When guns fire slowly and are unreliable, and you actually have close combat as the most common combat situations, you need large armies so that the soldiers can protect each other.
Large armies on the other hand means drills and strict order.

So you'd say his speech helped his team? How many of them survived? How many died? What did they do? Did their individual actions produce possitive or negative results?

They disappeared from the anime. It never mattered, it was all about making him look badass. If you think there is some kind of value in his words you're watching a different show.

>at some point in the future they might be in a position to make decisions.
Most armies don't allow a normal soldier to rise up all the way to the top. You need to start off as an officer and that means going to the academy.

It was also a result of decades of specialized training becoming the standard. In the early 20th century you had the same guys making the trenches, keeping guard, doing recognition, sneacking in the enemy trenches, using artillery and so on.
You need specialized training for the soldiers to matter beyond how many of them you have shooting from your side.

It really depends on the setting, though. I remember in Storms of Steel that most officers were just picked from the masses by supperior officers and sent to training, but it was towards the end of WW1 and Germany had lost so many soldiers that they didn't have the numbers to be picky.

I think it was clear when they used Asterte tactics to explain the importance of tactics

also

>imperial date naretion

IIRC, Prussia in general had a system allowing soldiers to rise all the way to the top.

Still madhouse alwasy deliver in most of the Red girl fights. Also it's way more gory than i was expecting for a LN

Prussia was the first country that implemented millitary training as a thing at all. They realized that spending time to get each soldier to become better was a superior strategy to just having more useless pawns. A lot of the modern army comes from them.
Foucault wrote a lot about how they designed the modern strategy of improving citizens to improve your country.

I'm saying that there isn't anything wrong with the speech itself, that we don't see what effect it had on background characters doesn't really matter in deciding it's merits.

Further the writers could turn the unit into an ace brigade with over 6 million kills and no deaths regardless of what speech was given so the merits of the speech can't be decided through the effects on a group of background characters.

>most grunts will never be 5 star generals
>so no grunts will ever be in a position to make decisions

>>most grunts will never be 5 star generals
That's not what I said. Don't misquote me and then point out logical problems based on your mistakes.

His philosophy wasn't new information and it wasn't particularly insightful. If it had not results in the plot it was filler. He could had farted for 2 minutes and it would serve the same purpose.

>I'm saying that there isn't anything wrong with the speech itself,
Except that it goes against the way war works.

I was recently told that their most impressive feat was the flawless mobilization of their troops at the beginning of WW1.
If only they hadn't marched through through Belgium.

>Most armies don't allow a normal soldier to rise up all the way to the top.

That is exactly what you said.

>His philosophy wasn't new information and it wasn't particularly insightful.

For us, no. But this place seems to have trouble with basic tactics. You had soldier go into an 'abandoned' enemy fort and become surrounded.

>That is exactly what you said.
It is.
And it is not what you quoted.

It wasn't something that came out of nowhere, swtizerlad became iconic through its mercenaries who started as just random villagers but proper formations and a strong unity made them superior to better amred and bigger armies. Prussia just made it part of the state and standarized it, a small step but the first one for a huge change.

>But this place seems to have trouble with basic tactics.
Just because plot says so. There's no way to become a great strategist through study if you don't have sources to study.

>hime hasn't showed up in like 6 episodes

>when she appears again she will look like an adult because kids grow so fast and our cast is clearly made of adults.

Also, on the second point. The idea of a single great scientist is just hilarious. If you take out the extremely long process of coming up with simple ideas and improving on them you don't have anything resembling science.

Yes, the show is also going with the old myth that science was suddenly invented at the end of the middle ages.

It really feels dumbed down to a big degree.
You have a single great scientists that discovers everything the army would need from mechanics to sociology. You have a single strategist breaking through the most guarded side of the empire. You have a single medic, single super swordman, and so on. At least they had a sniper team and it included both sniperss and spotters, that's something I guess.

and he lost 50% strength in hand grip, so he can't grab old saggy breast anymore with that hand.

I usually never think of ln adaptations as a way of promotion till the very end and just enjoy the story, but with Alderamin I feel likfe too many things are left out of the picture.
Is anyone doing translations?

if anything saggy breast are still a possibility, but perky ones are no longer an option.

Do you really lose 50% from the pinky alone?

Since he has a stub of a pinky left, I highly doubt he lost 50%, but he wont be winning any strength tests. Making a fist without your pinky is suffering.

If you complain so much why do you watch this? What's in there that you like?

There are people who actually think this show isn't hot garbage? The latest episode started with a random as fuck flashback about MC and crazy brown chick from another country secretly being childhood friends.

yeah sure

It triggers me that Ikuta keeps insubordinatiing and making whatever he wants without getting punished.

This week he just punched a superior officer and pointed another one with a crossbow...isn't that a really big deal, like treason or something? Even considering they were gonna rape the girl?

That's a Mary Sue trait that I can't come to like with Ikuta, he do whatever he wants and never gets real punishment because "he is right"

I'm assuming they didn't report anything about it and since the commanding officer wasn't on the rapey team they didn't bring that up (and if the general or whatever had appeared first they would had ratted him out inmediately for not letting them rape her as they should). But yeah, really gary stuey.

well he is also a national hero, he probably can get away with it as long it's not a named character

Well, when I was watching it I was picturing two possible scenarios.
He could perfectly shoot them and say it was the enemy, they don't have the means to trace arrows so those officers were aware that it was a real threat. Maybe they conceded not talking about the issue to avoid the situation happening again.
That or explaining that someone stopped you when you were about to rape an important asset maybe wasn't gonna look good on their books.

At the same time I couldn't help but imagine that during the destruction of Nankin more than a few officers just had to have laughed while raping chinese women and calling it an experiment of their own.