Will we ever create something as good as Katawa Shoujo again?

Will we ever create something as good as Katawa Shoujo again?

Other urls found in this thread:

katawashoujo.blogspot.com/2009/05/long-history-of-katawa-shoujo.html
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-09/Netflix-announced-it-has-pickedup-Katawa-Shoujo-and-GAINAX-will-animate-it-in-Summer-2017/.126321
youtube.com/watch?v=lOo55jYJlV8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lucid9 is probably the next best thing far as English VNs go. But yeah, Katawa Shoujo was a special game.

>we

>tfw KS threads are STILL ongoing

imagine if 4Leaf actually decided to keep producing content

>Posting worst slut

I hate used goods and no one can stop me.

All I want is a Hanako epilogue, I don't give a damn about the others.

Lilly > All

>we
I have never created anything. And neither have you.

hanako a big shit

>Emi
>Worst
Did you forget that Shizune exists? I refuse to believe there are people who don't think she is the most awful cunt of 'em all

I wish they at least wouldn't have put a ban on creating new routes/fanfics in VN format. I don't really care that much about reading fanfics the traditional text-only way.

emi a big shit

But I wrote a 2.1 million word story once, user.

They should just put it on Steam for super cheap, I'd buy it even though I've already 100% it.

Rin is the worst. Shizune is almost as bad, but she has Misha.

Not anime.
Sup Forums had basically nothing to do with KS by the time it got released, regardless of the hype. It was lackluster in every way, anyway. I doubt this community will ever try to make something again and label it as an Sup Forums production, but KS was certainly not one when it got released, even if it started as such.

They missed a good chance to make money from Steam retards. But I am under the impression most of them hated each other so it's no loss there.

I'm pretty sure one of the writers wrote a really trashy epilogue story her route that may or may not involve adultery and other garbage drama.

>Will we ever create something as good as Katawa Shoujo again?

After we finish translation of Mahoyo

I believe. When the stars align and our autism lie in parallel, we might have a bright spark of an idea to create something else.

lilly master race

>But I am under the impression most of them hated each other so it's no loss there.

Yeah, the behind-the-scenes production had a ton of drama that almost resulted in KS never being finished. Probably part of the reason that after putting out their product, most of the staff members basically disappeared and had almost nothing to do with the community.

Likes faithful dogs, dislikes faithful dogs.
Decisive battle: ruins and snow.

Whoever scanlated this was high.

Why do creative people always like to create drama?

Tell me more user

This place is filled with actual autism and the mods are pedantic rule-followers now; you can no longer expect OC of that scale from Sup Forums.

I invented a medical device and live off the patent royalties, how do you think Im able to afford my neet lifestyle?

>WE

>katawa shoujo was over 4 years ago

I hate that Sup Forums hates this now.,

Autismbux?

When there's an idea that grabs enough people.

>WE WUZ GEME DEVS AND SHEET

>we

meme'd keit-ai to existence

well before the whole patreon thing,
this much investment from conception to release was a big deal so yes we felt attached to it.

Yandere Simulator?

>Katawa Shoujo
>good

>hating Rin
How is it possible to have taste that shit?

Rin goes in the Bin

No legs was best, the others were a bunch of freaks.

Who /miki/ here?

it was a freak show after all

Too many drugs.

It's odd that they felt Hanako's route needed to involve raping her like that.

>Will we ever create something as good as Katawa Shoujo again?
Yeah, when we make Katawa Shoujo The Animation.

>want to finish this game
>afraid of the soul crushing depression that you will never experience anything like this is real life

>hanako route
>rape

go back to tumblr

get that kickstarter going

katawashoujo.blogspot.com/2009/05/long-history-of-katawa-shoujo.html

If you like this shit you should just kill yourself now.

And here I can't finish it because I get extremely bored when i try to play it.

It's not JUST KS. It's pretty much every VN I play. Always get really depressed after finishing one. Not sure why.

thats what happened to me after I watched aria

the first VN i played was kana little sister, I was a mess after that.

>kana little sister
Fuck man, that's rough.

Things got way worse during 2009-2011. 2007/2008 was strained, 2009+ was fundamentally broken.

You should just skip a few steps and kill yourself now.

Can't. Don't want to give someone the satisfaction of me being dead.

It's a miracle of universe something got actually done given it was all organized on an anonymous forum and there was no money involved. Something like 99,9% of game projects always end on the initial planning stage because everyone can be an idea guy, but actual content, whether it's coding/scripting, writing etc. takes actual time and effort. The thing is that people aren't too hesitant to just disapper if they work with strangers as opposed to people they regularly meet face to face and if they aren't working for salary there isn't much stopping anyone from leaving if things get rough since they can still pay their rent. Plus if you are dealing with amateurs there are going to be issues with schedules and such.

Never with post-08 Sup Forums.

what happened with 2009+ exactly

>used goods
How? All of them are virgin in the game until you pop them open.

spam wars

>KS
>good

Some people like to hate best girl.

No, she says you weren't her first boyfriend.

that krautchan vn was miles better than this trash

>It's a miracle of universe something got actually done given it was all organized on an anonymous forum
no it wasn't
development left Sup Forums as soon as possible
that's the only reason it ever got made in the first place

Agreed.

Ask me how I know you're a speedreader.

do you meant THAT vn?

It was my first VN as well.

I've played a few VNs and none of them left me as empty as Kana did.

t. kannagi shredder

>playing a VN about terminal illness
>not expecting to feel bad after

Now I want a VN that's not about cripples

WE

this
playing this game gave me a fetish for blind girls

Because you're trying to deflect from the fact that she's used goods.

I was like 15 and I wasn't aware what this game was about, I think it was one of those things I randomly got off Morpheus/kaaza.

I was a shitty brat who didn't know jack shit about VNs 12 years ago.

>kazaa
Fucking hell, you just took me back in time 12 years with one word.

>imouto
>illness
I know I miss out but this is the one VN I will never read

Rin has the worst relationship potential but she's the best character.

I dated a girl for years who was like a sciencey version of Rin. A terribly good person but unable to connect with human beings.

I've literally never played any VNs, and I've been here since 2010

>have to check because of this thread
>/ksg/ Thread #3152

>animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-09/Netflix-announced-it-has-pickedup-Katawa-Shoujo-and-GAINAX-will-animate-it-in-Summer-2017/.126321

why not?

Don't joke about these things, user.

>not dogakobo
what were you thinking user?

Not him , but the premises just don't interested me, harem shit were I have to pick and romance from a group of girls, i already see enough anine withthat premise,If it had monstergirls maybey I'd consider it
Till then no thanks

Kenji was best girl

Emi had the best route where Hisao wasn't acting like a total fucknugget. Also she was best girl in my heart.

Friendly reminder, all Katawas are best girl, and the bestest girl is always your waifu.

does this happen?

Search one of the Bad endings.

that was the twilight of the wild west days of the internet and centralized days of now

This basically.
Katawa Shoujo was a miracle it even happened. A fucking full-length multi-route VN absolutely FOR FREE with a comfy ass OST to boot.
youtube.com/watch?v=lOo55jYJlV8
Does anyone else just open up the game to listen to the menu music or watch the FMVs?

after all these years i still havn't read any of bromonts stuff

I really want to finish her route.
But god damn Hisao is such a pessimistic asshole in it I can't stand him.

Yes, the Keit-Ai VN
Someone make it happen please

That VN was also really fucking good.
Funny and actually fapworthy compared to KS.
Annemarie best girl

Some of it is hit and miss but it was definitely the community aspect of being there during these funny ass CYOA threads.
>Punching paintings in the face.
>Summoning shining gundam.
>Getting murdered by said painting.

Also watching a bunch of Sup Forumsirgins and Sup Forumsutists get the roof-top ending was breddy funny as well.

why did Sup Forums suddenly developed a hatred of CYOA
what was the catalyst for that?