New trad architecture thread

(I'm not that OP.)
Interior designs welcome, New Traditional is welcomed.

Other urls found in this thread:

usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/cameras/dslr/eos-rebel-t6-ef-s-18-55mm-is-ii-kit
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's political because it's huWhite, mods.

bump

I'm glad you created this because I just read your post on camera recommendations in the previous thread. I'll post some in a minute

here it's now officially political lol pic related

Thank you, have a pic of the Sanssouci exterior. The garden is just as splendid, but my photos of it all is meh. I'll download something good.

please post more of Sansouci , I can't find many on the internet and I'm designing a house based on it.

*are
We just say "är" in Sweden... Just pointing it out since I see fellow Swedes on here make this mistake a lot. Might clear things up.

your photos are great don't worry about it, I've looked for years online and there are only a few professional ones which are always the identical angles (water and stair gardens)

Solemn but extravagant idea for a big garden. An extra, but worth a post.

I only took a few photos of the actual building, but here's a nice (non-)corner. I like the sway of it, it's elegant.

I don't have any more photos of Sanssouci, at least not any with sufficient focus on the building. Have some more Berlin, if you please.

This is what boobs look like from the inside.

bump
something is making posting in this thread very difficult

Reposting the best snaps from the heavenly Berliner Dom. They make for good wallpapers, Anons.

> ywn get shitfaced with the goose at the tannhauser gate

beautiful, do you have any of the alter? (lol is there one)

So that's what Tannhäuser is? I only know of the name from the Wagner piece.

Sadly, no. It's a heart-warming altar, though. Have you visited?

Exterior with greenery. Posting more Berlin.

Humboldt University library.

do you have any pictures of this room

That's an insult, right?

naturally it had to happen lol
I'm my home internet lost power (storm) so I'm on my mobile now

I regret to inform you that I never took a step inside the palace. My interior snaps from that vacation were, ironically, mostly from the Stadi headquarters. Have some exquisite treasures as compensation.

usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/cameras/dslr/eos-rebel-t6-ef-s-18-55mm-is-ii-kit
for the price this is your best choice. Most cameras have advanced enough to be able to get great results though
this is a great option because you can upgrade the lenses

*Stasi, though the correction is not out of respect.

thank you for the new images. it's a shame you couldn't go inside. Do you plan on going back?
have you ever been to the Neues Palais?

I'll go with that one after some saving-up. Reviews look neat.

Not as of yet, but holy smokes, what a place.

based Bavarians

it's smaller than it looks ..so don't think you'll look too touristy with it lol
there's also a Sony Alpha model that are great (mirrorless tech) similar price but the it's limited in lense selection

Based Ludwig (although he was supposedly "crazy" lol)

Frauenkirche, Dresden.

Don't forget to like ''Architectural Revival'' on facebook

this was something else he had built

Based on your interest in that room, have you been in the Golden hall in the Charlottenburg palace? Might be a bit over-the-top for your taste, but similar in aesthetics. (Not my photo, I snapped naught in there.)

More Frauenkirche.

/polwg/?
Yes, please.

Bonus shitpost: art.

I haven't been anywhere else in Europe besides where I was born (Rom). the monasteries and castles are ok but not as baroque or intricate.

So fucking gorgeous.

Castle Bückeburg, to quench your thirst for detail and majestic impressions.

Stunning

Oops.

Haha no that’s the Brandenburg gate. I was just goose posting.

Sainte-Chapelle, Paris.

Have you been to Ottobeuren Basilika?
now my mobile network is glitching out

I knew that (well, it's one of them - there's a smaller but sweet one by the same name close to Sanssouci), just underestimated my volatile autism.

Yes, but I was too young to have documented it. It's really beautiful beyond words.

just added a few images to my phone

:) that's the one I was just about to post
the "marble" is really just marble dust with coloring and made by humans

Golden hall in Augsburger Rathaus.

nice

Sistine Chapel, old but gold.

the exterior of these churches are very modest and then you entire them to find this

what other countries in Europe have you been to ?

It's honestly breathtaking. Not to mention the scent. My local Catholic church is neat and modest through and through, but the incense alone is gorgeous.

I really like that room (the green and gold go well together) I've seen a few other pics of the room

I never thought about that (smell from the centuries of candles and incense). How is the sound effect (echo) during service?

Where's that?

I like to stay local, so only Norway (pic related, it's Nidarosdomen) and Denmark. I'm planning for the Alps, and maybe Rome.

Nidarosdomen, interior.

It's the Berliner Dom. Very, very divine - yet rather small.

now I'm getting jealous that you're within close proximity to so much culture and beauty (not just architectural but natural, alps etc). I'm in the South US where there's not much of either.

It's small, so not much echo. I have no photos of it myself, but I found this one. I hope it gives you some kind of estimate.

Jews eyes must burn at this thread

I'll lend you some Sweden in the evening.

Glasgow University.

it looks very inviting. Do a lot of people attend on regular days (non holiday)?

No sauce, but oh my.

where is this (the type of building)? is that a bell tower or something

Nope, just a band of old people. At least on weekdays. I don't know about Sundays, as I can't get to Mass on Sundays.

It was after hours in an unknown place, so I'm not aware of any usage besides climbing up the stairs and walking the bridge. Fresh, chilly air up there.

St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church of NYC.

Posting some local stuff from Argentina, i don't think we have anything that compares to some of the more impressive European structures but i always liked the aesthetics anyway, also, i'm not very well versed in architecture anyways so tell me what ya think about these buildings

do you want to email (nothing romantic lol) just ps, photography and maybe European related
remove the spaces in the email
tuesday 1984 a @ gmail . com

Peles castle, somewhere in Romania.

This is the teatro colon, we usually say here that it is commonly held as one of the best theaters in the world, i'm not sure how true that is, but it looks neat

I went to that a few times, the wood carvings inside are very nice.

Too bad about the pollution, but very nice, would visit.

Hm. I'd sooner propose Google Hangouts, if that works for you?

that's fine, the same email should work. I have hangouts installed but haven't used it. We'll figure something out , email if the hangouts doesn't work

The elegant Gresham palace of Budapest.

This is the Lujan Basilica
Funny thing is, the building was made mostly to store water for the city, so it is quite over-luxurious on the outside, also what do you mean by pollution? ( i don't really know much so i would love an explanation)

Woah, i never realized how shit that picture is, i'll try to find a better one

Skokloster castle, Sweden.