Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
nihongonobaka.com/little-charo-the-best-video-game-for-japanese-learners/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want to marry Aoba!

nice op

>tfw too lazy to read
At least my reps are done.

Gonna sign up for a japanese class with a friend at my uni next semester.
What am I in for, /djt/?

Lots of fat redditor weebs.

A waste of time. It's something better taught to yourself.

People who take languages in college, don't learn those languages. It just doesn't work. Did you take a langauge in high school? Do you know it? I didn't think so.

That artist does cute faces but otherwise completely ruins most of the work with cancerous fucking guro shit.

Start following the method in the guide and treat the classes as a supplement to your studies for speaking practice and asking the teacher questions.

So he'll fit in just fine.

Why is everyone so mean in these threads?

maybe reddit is more your speed bud

I'm not mean :3

エクスキャリバ~
エクスキャリバ~
フロム ユナイテッド キング
アイム ルッキング フォ ヒム
アイム ゴイング トゥ キャリフォルニァ

Doesn't matter, I have to take a language for at least one semester anyway and I don't really want to learn something like france or spanish.

Yeah, I kinda had this in mind

Because you can't learn Japanese.

Must be that hwayangabang.

Good post.

I feel like that if anything, that class you'll be attending will just build some bad habits regarding Japanese. To learn Japanese you need a lot of discipline, and unless you're in a specialized school like ones you can find in Japan with extreme exposure for multiple hours every day, you'll just end up wasting time.

Same could be said about art : have you ever learned anything in art classes? I don't think so, because here again if you wish to learn art through school only expensive private schools will ever manage to teach you anything - even art colleges are all shit and infested with feminists.

Learn from /djt/, whether the bad shits or the good shits, to ultimately learn from yourself and build your own understanding of the language. A few years ago I was a pleb at all of this but I owe a lot thanks to this place now.

I'm ranting too much but whatever.

So you can make it just by browsing Sup Forums?

Maybe so..... but reddit people are very easy to talk too even for you. Maybe I don't have the guts for Sup Forums yet. I can browse here just fine some days but it can get to you sometime, some of the things people say on here.

>some of the things people say on here.
no shit really? people on Sup Forums arent chasing internet points and the sum of their post is their only merit? who fucking knew

if you don't like reality, stay with reddit

It's been the opposite for me. Reading is fun but doing my reps is killing me, and the idea of mining words is just too damn annoying.

You say that as if people on Sup Forums don't treat others like shit just because they can. Both this site and reddit have horrendous userbases, you're deluding yourself if you think otherwise.

かりふぉるにあのほてるは

ちぇっくあうとできないんだよね

こわいね

It's fine when you learn to not take this shit personal. Especially with how pointless it is, since we don't have usernames.

>will just build some bad habits regarding Japanese
Isn't it more likely to learn bad habits by doing it on your own?

Also, some of you guys seem to have had some real bad teachers or just a general fucked up school system if you didn't take anything with you from your art or language classes.

>ちぇっくあうとできないんだよね
チェックアウトできるよ
でも帰られないよ

質問がる。
正直なんであなたがまだここにいってさっぱり分かりません。もう一年たったかも。失礼なつもりはないけど・・・もしかして英語を慣れる目的とかあるか?ここのコメントとかを読むってわけ。

それとも、別に特別な意味がないかも。

まあ個人的にどうでもいい、あなたがそうしてうれしいならいいけど・・・まあ、どうかな。

might as well ask why a native now runs this place

Sup Forums.org/japanese

She is her, and She isn't her.

Has anybody got Steins;Gate 0 to work with a text hooker?

No Jamal, there's a difference between a Japanese person coming here to talk like Japanese peoeple do in the Sup Forums thread and someone roleplaying with imouto.jpg avatars in 平仮名.

I'm with you... but I do read every example sentence though. Maybe I should stop doing that?

I took classes from native Japanese speakers at a club for Japanese immigrants using books made in Japan to teach the language to foreigners. And while I wouldn't say that I took nothing from it, I wouldn't say I took a lot either. Frankly, it feels like I just wasted my time. If I had known about this back then, I would probably be fluid by now.

Classes are probably fine if they're intensive courses. As in at least a couple hours a day and daily homework. But I doubt a university course will be intensive. Hell, I also took obligatory French in my university and I sure as fuck can't speak French even though I passed all the courses. Learning a language is all about practice. The classes kind of don't really make a difference.

> I would probably be fluid by now.
Do we make you that wet user?

>Isn't it more likely to learn bad habits by doing it on your own?
Not if you genuinely want to learn and learn to carry an open-minded mindset about what you're doing. Simply having this thread bookmarked and open every day for a while and seeing how everyone does should give you some good examples. The guide is there for a reason, too.

Japanese classes at uni don't necessarily plan for the long term either, they often focus on conversational speeches and "what if you visit Japan soon" situations, which in my opinion are useless to focus on at first since the main goal is learning how to tackle the language as a whole and learn how to read it.

You can learn what uni classes teach you just by watching anime, honestly.

私は液体になる!

私が来ました この意味は
>I would probably be fluid by now.
私は今液体に成っているだろう

ですか? be fluidとはどういう意味ですか?

Also, what do you plan on doing once the classes end? You'll be left out on your own with no knowledge on how to continue studying. At best you'll be N4 level (at best), which is shit.

>聞いてない!聞いてないよ!
What else could this possibly mean? This is in a thought bubble. No literal interpretation of it seems to make sense, so I'm pretty sure I must be making some stupid beginner mistake.

>I'm not hearing this
>say it isn't so
>this can't be true
Nah, I don't know anything but I like to pretend I know a little.

本気なら・・・
fluidじゃない、fluent、ミスんだった。

Only a little.

Yeah, fluent. Whatever. Look, English isn't my native language either. I practice it every day with you assholes too. So thanks.

あいつは誤字したよ
"fluent in Japanese"というの意味は「日本語がペラペラ」

To add to what user said, it could also be :

"I'm not asking!"
aka
"I don't want to know!"

You should've posted the page.

>English isn't my native language either.
mine either, its australian so i have to cut back on the cunt rate significantly, fucken spewin ay

>本当は or 本来は

fluentね!分かりました、ありがとう

誤字と気づけるネイティブ? 流石ですね

いいえ
「本気に聞いたら、じゃ僕は答えます」と意味でした。
またダメかな?

えっと、「聞いたら」より「聞くなら」が増しだったかもしれません。

あなた、日本人ですか?

What is the prettiest word in Japanese?

I think it's 黎明.

マンコ

夜這い

>本気で私にその質問をしているなら
>If you really want to know that meaning.
ということかな? それなら納得です

本気で聞いていますか?じゃ僕は応えます

あのんくんのしているのは

質問じゃなくて

疑問なんだよ

質問にはこたえられるけど疑問にはこたえられないよ

イモウトよ クールじゃないか
どこでそんな文句を覚えたんだい?

はい、そうです。

ありがとうございます。

ちなみに、明快にするために  は僕もでした。

恥丘

Ah, I think I've figured it out now.

>You should've posted the page.
Ah, fuck, I should have, sorry. Understand it now though.

Mangos are delicious.
マンコは美味しいです。

どちも正解だ。質問と疑問、両のものだったってこと。

じゃ、答えなさい、imoutoのくせによくしゃべるね。くそビッチ。

>マンコは美味しいです。
その通りね

>tfw you will never be fluent

>tfw when people still post those

こちらこそ教えてくれてありがとう
I'm glad that I will not be fluid, and I have become a little fluent.

>can't even form sentences
気持ち悪い

くーるってけなされてるの?ほめられてるの?

しつもんとぎもんは、べつのものだよ

いたみときょうふを

あなたのこころで

まぜてはいけないように

実は私が知らない
魔法使いですから
ちなみに、マンコは女の果物という俗はいいですか

褒めてるんだよ

I hate you so much you retarded pedophile.

Fuck off Sup Forumsedditor.

How about you stop sucking le epic Sup Forums celebrity cock you dogshit sniffing squirrel fucker?

C'mon now, not everyone from Sup Forums is a retarded shitposter.

Speaking of Sup Forumsidya, has anyone here tried reading "Little Charo"? It's a Nintendo DS game made to teach Japanese people English, but works quite well in the opposite direction too. You're able to change between English and Japanese with 1 button press. It's also written for beginner learners so it's not terribly hard. Someone has ripped the script out in HTML format already: nihongonobaka.com/little-charo-the-best-video-game-for-japanese-learners/

The actual story is about a puppy "Charo" that gets separated from his owner in an airport and then the puppy goes on his own little adventure. It's pretty cute, might be good if you're not that interested in the moege / SoL manga that are usually recommended for beginners to start reading with.

I've just started on it, but it seems pretty useful for the (admittedly low) level that I'm at right now.

I have that game downloaded but I'm a bit wary because of the NDS's low resolution. What level are you at?

Taking classes is the best way to learn Japanese. I am not trolling. After 4 years of college courses you will be N2, that's way better than the majority of /djt/ posters (reminder that it's considered normal here to study for 7 years and still have difficulty reading Yotsubato). There's a reason that an enormous community of academics with PhDs have decided that college Japanese courses are best structured the way they are.

I know this is le epic bait, but I just want to point out that there are people who learned Japanese from here and passed N1.

>まぜてはいけないように
反省します。してねうぇ、くそビッチ。チンポを舐めれ

>There are about 1,300 kanji used in the game, and there is unfortunately no furigana.
>As far as the difficulty of the text in the game goes, it doesn’t really get any easier than this.
What?

ほめられた

うれしい

If you use the scripts (linked above) while playing, the resolution shouldn't be too much trouble.

My level? Hmm. I've gone through most of Tae Kim, and am ~1400 words into core 6k, though I have mined a bunch of stuff outside of that as well.

It's written in a careful way so it's easy to understand for beginner learners. The lack of furigana isn't a big deal if you can rikaichan hover the script as well.

Maybe I take the kanji total for granted, it seems pretty low to me, but I have the benefit of having gone through RTK so it's not a big deal in my case...

Does it work on a western DS? Or does it only work on a JP DS? I'll have to try. I remember reading about that game and being interested about it. I'll report back in a few hours.

Yeah I know I could use DeSmune but playing in my bed is much comfier.

Is it worth it learning Japanese to be able to play games and read manga or are most doing it for career related aspirations

DSのチャロは日本語ボイスはほとんどないよ
テキストは良いけどリスニングはダメ

英語文法解説はあるけど、
日本語文法の解説もない

I'm just in it for the Christmas cake.

Yes, DS is region-free.

>Is it worth it learning Japanese
how about a different question
is it worth relying on shitty translations or censorship for media you wish to consume, now and into the future?

I don't know if this question fits in this topic but I'll make it.
I've been living in Japan for about 6 months now.
When going into stores its usual to recieving a "thanks" after buying something. In my country culture (as well for all the west-culture i think) we usually reply. I replied once with "こちらこそ" even though the japanese clients usually ignore and avoid eye contact with the
clerk. When I replied the balconlady laughed at me so I can only think that this is an odd way to reply.

For me it's really hard to don't reply and it comes almost automatically when some says ありがとう. Is there any generic way to answer if I want to be polite but not strange? I think she was rude to laugh at me but I get that I might've done something strange.

If Japanese people don't say anything in that situation, then saying anything will be strange.

平和で長生き

They usually avoid saying anything but sometimes they answer something (even though I never get their conversation). I think that there should be a generic way of replying, even if it's not usual.

>When I replied the balconlady laughed at me
wew lad

So the girl fucking around during lesson hallucinating when she should be studying is a metaphor for anons wasting time on djt instead of learning Japanese?

I think the metaphor is anons wasting time learning Japanese instead of getting a job.

Just say ありがと too.

If you have to say anything, just say いいえ.
A quick いえいえ will suffice.

But I have a job that gives me lots of free time to waste. I could use all this time to read nihongo and do reps but here I am

oops, I've become fluid...someone help me

I think you'll have an easier time if you just let go of how you think things should be and just follow their customs.