Why are there no bicycle lanes in America?

Why are there no bicycle lanes in America?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HEEJyYtCsLQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

But there are. They've been becoming increasingly prevalent in cities with lots of cyclists.

because what that retard biker is doing is illegal and he's not supposed to be on that fucking road.

and yet if somebody just plowed into this jackass, the cop would ARREST them!

we do have bicycle lanes but they are only in gay cities like san fran, sacramento, etc.

denver has them

also, this would unironically be a great thread for you would get a much better answer there.

Government failure.

When you sneak over the border with your faggot meme flag you will see them

You can drive literally anything as a bicyclist except high ways.

It's called freedom.

youtu.be/HEEJyYtCsLQ

Because we're not gay.

There is one on the mainroad outside my neighborhood you fucking inbred eurocuck

Only gays ride bikes. We try not to encourage homosexuals.

Because we aren't faggots

because we hate fags and only fags ride bicycles.

There are and fuck bicyclists anyways.

How many times have I seen some asshole on a bike just speed right through an intersection? Fucking cunts.

Because we aren't wasting money on faggot bike riders who clog up traffic.

>have bicycle lanes
>often see cyclists riding on the other side of the road instead of using them

That guy should be pulled over, beat with a nightstick, and thrown on jail.

we tried them they just ride in the street anyway, the fucking cunts

This, fucking cycle niggers.

Implying a cyclist would survive on the open road in the USA without being riddled with bullets.

In my city they're supposed to be in the street if there isn't a bike lane. Actually works pretty decent because they aren't cunts and it's not too crowded to pass them most of the time, so the car people aren't cunts toward them.

Then 3rd worlders show up and mow pedestrians down on the sidewalk.

You can't impede traffic Abdul

>Germcuck telling me about my countries laws

There are

There's no bicycle lane on roads anywhere in the world (because bicycles are vehicles like any other) , only in urban streets.

Because bicycles are for faggots.

Only dumb faggots risk their lives to ride on the roads

we have dedicated bike lanes and bike paths and they still go in the street with those tight little shorts so you have to stair at a gross ass going 10 an hour in the street. fuckin bastards

Yeah I don't know what magic it is where I live that keeps tensions low for the most part. I guess tensions never escalated badly enough to produce lasting grudges. The cyclists will almost always get over whenever they can to let the cars through, and that makes car people more likely to tolerate the odd situation where they have to go slow for a bit because they can't safely get around.

I used to cycle a lot, have cycled cross-country twice. I love cycling and I support cyclists' rights (e.g., safe passing distance, etc.), but it pisses me off when cyclists run stop signs and red lights. Fuck em, I hope they get hit.

Cyclist in OP's webm is probably in the fucking zone and doesn't even realize there's a line of 20 cars behind him. But it is polite to pull off and let cars pass when it's safe.

Ultimately though, being held up a couple minutes by a cyclist isn't the end of the world. I treat all slow traffic that way when I'm in a car: I'll get there eventually, another 5 minutes delay won't make any difference. Gives you a chance to look around and enjoy what's going on around you (even if it's a bunch of cars and buildings). Live your entire life with this sort of mentality, IMO, and you will experience much more satisfaction

You're a faggot.

Fffffuuuuuuuuuccccccccccckkkkk yyyooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Incorrect. Bicyclists have as much right to normal streets as cars do in most of America.

Note: it is legal to pass slow moving vehicles across a double yellow in all states as far as I'm aware, whether it be a farm vehicle, disabled vehicle or bicycle

>But it is polite to pull off and let cars pass when it's safe.
California Motor Vehicle Code 21656:
On a two-lane highway where passing is unsafe because of traffic in the opposite direction or other conditions, any vehicle proceeding upon the highway at a speed less than the normal speed of traffic moving in the same direction at that time, behind which five or more vehicles are formed in line, shall turn off the roadway at the nearest place designated as a turnout by signs erected by the authority having jurisdiction over the highway, or wherever sufficient area for a safe turnout exists, in order to permit the vehicles following it to proceed.

He's actually required by law to pull over

And yes, that is in California
I recognize the road near the Rock Store

> behind which five or more vehicles are formed in line

it used to be just 3. hmm...

Does this look like a highway? Do you want to point out where designated pullover point is in the video?

SUVs are too wide

You pull over to the side when there's no oncoming traffic and motion people around.

Even if you're in a slow motor vehicle this is considered to be common courtesy when the right opportunity comes up.

>idle along 5 feet behind him blaring my 4 tone air horn the whole time

It's Mulholland Highway
>or wherever sufficient area for a safe turnout exists
literally any point on the road

wtf just drive around him.

>Go for a nice bike ride in the outback
>Get mangled by dropbears

We do, they're called sidewalks.

My hometown has bike lanes. Not common but most newer cities have accommodated for bike traffic on bigger roads. Obviously not all roads have the lanes.

There's no way that wasn't intentional. They are probably following him for an event or something.

Solid yellow line, you can't drive around. Also there's police there if you tried it anyway.

Really the bicyclist should get out of the way for a minute and let the cars pass.

Because the streets are paved with cheese.

So put your mind at ease...

>faggots in sports cars being inconvenienced
Cyclists are worth suffering through just for this.

those are solid cuck lines that you can pass if you can clearly see there's no oncoming traffic ahead. police should be pulling over the bicyclist not whoever passes him.

Cuz a dead hooker won't fit in a bike trunk fag stick.

Austin Texas is full of them.

This fucking shitty bait topic again? It's been a few weeks since I saw the last "muh bike lanes in the US" thread

Amsterdamfag here

Get payed 250 bucks a month, travel expenses.
I actually use the bike on the god-tier cycle network we have, free moneyz

Biking is great here, avoid all trafic, get daily training, free parking

If the fucking americans would bike more, they would lose half of their fucking fatasses

Fuckwad, there are

>they would lose half of their fucking fatasses

and their bike if they leave it anywhere outside

The pullover point is literally right where the cyclist is on the inside of that curve. Where do you think the camera man is filming from?

>Why are there no bicycle lanes in America?
youre a low information retard,

there are countless bicycle lanes in downtown chicago

all the bicyclists do not give a fuck about bicycle lanes in chitown and ride their bikes like 5 year olds on crack

when they get hit by a car, they play the victim card

do your fucking research and visit downtown chicago bicycle lanes and rent a divy bike b4 posting on pol you fucking larper