So these reincarnation stories are usually bad. A few have piqued my interest by not being terrible...

So these reincarnation stories are usually bad. A few have piqued my interest by not being terrible. But then I found this; Dungeon Seeker. It is so hilariously bad I actually laughed at the intro's "twist". Anyone else seen this trash?

Other urls found in this thread:

mangatown.com/manga/dungeon_seeker/
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=120279
novelupdates.com/series/i-reincarnated-into-a-vending-machine
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Explain the twist

Ok. This was fucking bullshit. But too hilarious to not read. You have admit that much.

There have been countless threads about DS as well as many other of the trashier isekai series over the past few weeks.

Just read through chapter 2 mate. King of edgemasters.

mangatown.com/manga/dungeon_seeker/

dem traitor goblin faces

the ultrapowerfull random mobs in dungeon of doom, way stronger than the demon lord

gun out of the ass

is like arifureta parody

You know what, I'm not that mad at the twist, but what I really hate is how fast the got OP. One fucking enemy and he gets 180 levels? Yeah fuck that noise.

And then he dumps everything into one stat. And the special item/status he got makes that stat almost worthless u less I'm misunderstanding what "EVA" is.

He took outright evasion. His skill was basically resist everything.

At this point he's probably ultra fast, has long range due to the gun and is now all but immune to everything.

He did the right thing really.

>Dump all your points in ability to dodge
>His skill is being immune to damage

Feels like he could have distributed his points a little better. Especially since all his stats are supposed to be really bad.

This, the author basically made the mc into an agility tank God in the first fight.

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> MC is said to be skilled with martial arts but for some reason, why the fuck is he struggling anyways and he's OP?
> Harem is useless and nothing more mainly as cheerleaders.
Fuck this.

Isn't this that one series that the author stole the idea from some other webnovel?

If he's so good at it and OP, why the fuck does he struggle in the story? Around that line, something was bullshit here.

It's complete garbage. It's not even original garbage, it's almost a direct ripoff of Arifureta.

This is seriously making me mad. Just this page, it's such horrible fucking uninspired crap.

And I thought the one with the Mummy was bad.

As expected of Sakamoto666.

Yep.

How does this shit get manga adaptations

Not Dungeon Seeker author. Just another bad series.

This is the worst isekai I have read

Which is yours?mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=120279

Konjiki is pretty up there user.

You sure? Pretty sure he made another LN with the same premise.

Read that one, it certainly is pretty up there. Or down there.

Isekai was a horrible, monstrous mistake.

Yeah, the trend was a mistake. The genre is not necessarily.

The genre has fantastic works. The recent wave of SAO-imitators was a huge mistake though.

What are some of the better isekais out there?

Twelve Kingdoms.

Tsuyokute New Saga is arguably the best or one of the best of the recent ones.

Meh, is not as bad as the one where he just steals a guys party and fucks it for no reason. That one is complete garbage hardly any set up or pay off, just stupid power fantasy.

>Tsuyokute New Saga
>isekai
Stop being retarded.

And yet Sup Forums loves it.

True, fuck Lewis Carol.

Spider and spooky skeleton

> Sup Forums loves it.
Just that one guy who keeps bumping his own thread.
He already made 3 threads yesterday and it keep getting archived because no one interested in that.

I doubt he ever will, it's hopeless. I mean TNS is awesome but fuck if he wants to promote it he should just do it elsewhere.

>ABANDON HUMANITY YES NO

Fuck me thank you OP for this gem, haven't laughed at a manga in a while

I just start reading this due to this thread.

It was better than average fantasy story. The MC wasn't a creepy mofo at least.

Stop trying to push a proper fantasy story as an Isekai you idiot.

It has an air of isekai to it.

Shut the fuck up

Problem with Japanese fantasy is that we got way too many deconstructions, even deconstructions of deconstructions, when we didn't even have much of the straight thing.

Think on it, we have been seeing parodies and "your typical fantasy story WITH A TWIST" since the early 90s but we barely saw the "typical fantasy story". Well, we saw it but not in anime, in other media like games or lit.

That's why japan sucks much at it, they are deconstructing what they don't even know

Kumoko

I couldn't make it through the first chapter. The cliche was so thick it was suffocating.

>Overlord
>Re:Zero
>Konosuba
What else does Sup Forums like? I'm trying to be edgy.

What's so bad about this one?
I went through it and found it to just be bland, rather than anything extremely offensive the way I found in Dungeon Seeker or Arifureta.
They called some nerds from Japan and now they're helping. Is there something bad about this that I missed?

Dungeon Defense

Choose between Re Monster, Maou no Hajimekata, and Himekishi

>Konjiki

Hate how the narrative treats the other heroes.

this
novelupdates.com/series/i-reincarnated-into-a-vending-machine

Not everything is Isekai but here is my list of currently reading/recently read fantasy manga

-4 cut hero
-Spirit migration
-RE: Monster
-Tsyokute new saga
-Yuusha ga shinda
-Dungeon Meshi
-7th Garden
-Stravaganza
-Kumo desu ga, nani ka?
-Maou no Hajimekata
-Tate no yuusha
-Kekkon
-Mushoku Tensei - Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu
-SEKAI NO OWARI NO SEKAIROKU
-ISEKAI MAOU TO SHOUKAN SHOUJO DOREI MAJUTS
-GUNOTA GA MAHOU SEKAI NI TENSEI SHITARA, GENDAI HEIKI DE GUNTAI HAREM O
-TENSEI SHITARA SLIME DATTA KEN
-HOW I STALKED SOME DUDE WITH AN EXPOSED NIPPLE AND STUMBLED UPON THE ZENITHIAN SWORD
-Monster x monster
-Toaru-Ossan-no-VRMMO-Katsudouki
-Yakushoku Distpiari
-Witch Hunter
-Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu
-Isekai Tensei Soudouki
-Dark Air
-Prison Princess

Sorry everything is just so bad nowadays I could take a random show airing right now and get exquisite unintentional comedy.

oh fuck whats the name of this again?

this is where the guy is summoned as the chemical mage and is OP cause he understands how nature and shit works right? spirit art catgirl and archer elf princess?

>only good one is Dungeon Meshi

What a terrible list.

>is OP cause he understands how nature and shit works right

People should stop writing this.

wtf did you made me read OP?

Seriously though, what do you guys think was the first isekai in fiction?

Nigga, are you saying that Stravaganza is not good?

Hero Union BBS

I think it can be used in a decent manner.
Take Mushoku Tensei when Rudy passes his Water King? test by setting up the cloud spell to keep itself going.
or GATE where Leilei learns to apply physics to her magic and gets a decent power boost.

Being able to apply current knowledge about natural phenomena to an ignorant world's magic for better effect makes more sense than not being able to.
It can be overused and if not held to a reasonable level it can be shit.

No, he is OP because he grinded that class to max level when he played the game before he was summoned while native people in the world don't push their limit too hard since they have only one life.

yeah i remember him being level 200 and everyone else was like >60 is insanely strong
I thought i remembered something in there about him being stronger due to understanding natural phenomena. Probably wrong, its been a while.
Didnt realize they gave it a manga though

God I want an anime of this

Nah, animu medium won't be able to capture its charm. I just want a message board of this.

>Fights whats essentially scythe-wielding death
>drops a magnum revolver
The fuck

Ok, what is this.

I tried google but all results are cartoons.

nvm, found it. I guessed it from .

>Take Mushoku Tensei when Rudy passes his Water King? test by setting up the cloud spell to keep itself going.

And no one ever thought of doing that because reasons.

To be fair it has been a while for me too and what I recalled the main reason he is OP is that level difference and battle experience.

The manga adds something interesting too.

Barbarians m8. Its up to the reincarnated people to educate those scum.

>Its up to the Japs to educate those scum
FTFY

Its been a while but im pretty sure they explained he managed to do it because he had his previous lifes knowledge on how weather functions.
I think you are overestimating the scientific knowledge of a ~medieval world especially one that has magic.

reading it now

God that looks like shit.

>I think you are overestimating the scientific knowledge of a ~medieval world especially one that has magic.

If you have magic, you should even more knowledgeable in shit.

Well not necessarily. Having restoration magic for example hampers the research of medicine and so on, since all you need to do to heal somebody is to cast a spell and thats without even knowing how a human body functions and many other details.

They put less emphasis on technological research precisely because magic exists. Kinda how Elder Scrolls lore is set up(Not exactly the best example though) where Magic=techonology.

(dependent on magic system) but if you are a magician and trying to make a stronger spell, say a large ice wall, and between (ice will just appear) and (using the moisture in the air, ice will condense and form a wall) one of these two things should be a stronger mental image and therefore a stronger spell.

this

He is OP because no one specializes in chemical based magic (i.e. Explosion, Frost Blast, pretty much your stereotypical offensive magic spells) in that world. It was even stated in that world that when anyone decided to specialize in Chem Magic they are either an idiot, a pervert, or an incompetent.

sorry m8, that post was talking about Rudy in Mushoku Tensei.

As i am reading the manga now, i am seeing where I got the idea for Isekai Maou, which is when he describes/tests explosion and freeze using scientific terms.

For my part I really like how Kumo Desu Ga handles the "magic skill gap" concept, because there's no real advantage in understanding modern science, but rather from analyzing the principles of magic instead of relying on the World system and treating your skills as an appliance. The massive improvement Ronant shows, after being humiliated and spending just a little time observing Kumoko, even shows that this type of skill is something any of the natives could have picked up if they'd just approached it with a more analytical mindset. And it's relevant to real life because we see this exact thing with computers: People grow up knowing how to use them, but never realize they can analyze them and understand how they work. They just take it for granted that their appliances are reliable.

>Reincarnation
Is isekai, not reincarnation.

isekai is reincarnation in japanese

No it is not. There is an isekai subgenre for reincarnation tough.

Tensei is reincarnation. isekai is another world

Digimon

Mushoku Tensei best isekai
I thought it was Sup Forums's bait but it is really good

/r/ another isekai to read
Currently reading Overlord

IMO, Kumo ga desu ka, nani ka.

Nai wa bitches.

If only it was updated more often.

>is something any of the natives could have picked up if they'd just approached it with a more analytical mindset

That is even worse. You do know that medieval folks have scientists too, right?

>Mushoku Tensei best isekai

And they say Mushitkofags never brag about their series.

It sounds like most of these Isekai stories are just quirky /tg/ scenarios that the author played/ thought up and decided to publish WNs out of. Of course due to angsty neet feelings he has to throw in a tragic twist that victimizes the MC and makes hate-able bastards out of all the other characters. Like Shield Hero was.

Well, yeah, and so did this world. It turns out they're running around in the ruins of a technologically advanced civilization. Science and industrialization came and went thousands of years ago. The System was made after that, and in certain ways it incentivizes people not to think too hard about what's really going on. There are multiple conspiracies taking advantage of that. Most of the analytical-minded natives are involved with them. The rest of the overachievers generally wind up crazy, dying in the Hero-vs-Maou wars, or working for the Administrators.

Kumoko IS prejudiced against the natives and generally assumes they're morons, but this has nearly gotten her killed on occasion and it's deliberately painted as a character flaw.

These are pretty weak excuses. Your waifu a shit and her story is bad writing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't his goal to escape the place and avoid anything dangerous. If that's the case than I think the MC made the right choice.