Storytime: Konjiki no Gash!! AKA Zatch Bell: Volume 7

Continuing my dump of Gash bell.

Gash bell is a Shonen action/comedy series by Makoto Raiku. The basic plot premise is that there are 100 kids from the demon world who come into the normal world to fight until only 1 is left standing, who is crowned king;

I'll be making a thread every day (can't give a specific consistent time of day yet due to IRL bullshit) and will post 1 volume every day until the whole run is posted.

Opening 1: youtube.com/watch?v=I0Ir4LL9Bkc

Previous threads:
Volume 1: Volume 2: Volume 3: Volume 4: Volume 5: Volume 6:

Other urls found in this thread:

n-u-l-l.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=XqMU61sRJCk
youtube.com/channel/UCCNFGHfqnprRnU1D-vMoamQ/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=RtpQ_05RsjY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>FAQ:

>Why should I be interested?
It has really fantastic art, good humor, great tactical fight's with great choreography and is really excellent at utilizing both positive and negative emotions for FEELS; admittedly the series is a little rough untill arc 2 rolls around where all the above really shines; the art in particular.

>Where are your scans from?
NULL's release. their site is here: n-u-l-l.net/ and they can also be found on bato.to and mangasaurus. EBJ has superior digital volumes for sale on their site, but they are japanese only, I'll be buying and ripping them eventually. There's also some really amazing quality Portuguese scans, but only for like 20 chapters halfway into the series, and, you know, aren't in english. A-Destiny has really amazingly high res scans in english for volumes 18-33, but they aren't publically available anywhere right now and the translation is generally nost as good as NUll's I feel. I'll work on trying to get them up somewhere for people who want them, though.

>Isn't Zatch bell that kiddy pokemon ripoff?
You probably saw the localized anime. The anime is pretty not great, and the localization is fucking terrible. The manga is way better, but even it admittedly starts out only above average untill it gets into the second arc.

I encourage you to post and respond to stuff as i'm dumping pages. It's far more fun for me while dumping if I see other people reacting to stuff that's happening and there' conversations I can reply to. However, please do not post images till I finish so the image limit isn't hit before then.

What volume does Bari happen

I forgot about this pair, I think he had a pretty neat design

DANNY BOY

>It's the mother fucking Danny Boy volume
Aww yeah.

I heard that in my head when I saw them again. I didnt like the anime but it had a prety memorable dub

12, I think.

It's right before the next arc actually happens

Surely Gash has fought and even beaten the most demons out of everyone in the battle so far.

Probably Brago.

>no Tia/Megumi or Kanchome/Folgore
I guess they don't show up much this volume?

Having some technical issues, may need to turn my computer on and off

The english version had some pretty nice exclusive tracks, never got released on their own. Heard this happened with a few other localized anime from that era. Looks like someone re-made them or somehow got really clean rips? This is really neat
youtube.com/watch?v=XqMU61sRJCk
youtube.com/channel/UCCNFGHfqnprRnU1D-vMoamQ/videos

Would you say Kiyo's 15 now?

It strikes me that there are only 3 possible humans that might have ever learned Umagon's actual name, and I don't think any of them would care.

youtube.com/watch?v=RtpQ_05RsjY

I doubt it. Its only been one school term and we haven't seen any mention of a birthday.

Yeah, I gotta restart my computer

kek

Was this part in the anime?

No clue, I don't into the anime

Get ready for one of the best fights in the first arc

Looks like they're uploaded by the composer himself

Oh, oh god.
This little guy is strong.

ladybug kid a cute

Before anybody asks, I don't think "Hey, the light's still red" is an error.

I recall in the viz translation, it said red and not green too. Maybe red means go in japan?

>the lights still red
I think he means the red pedestrian light. Red means don't cross, where as green flashing would be safe.

If the lights still red, then the kid should be waiting.

I guess this is a good a time as any to say the colors of characters books for new reader;s mental images, since you don't get a sense of it other then when it's shown on the covers

Gash: Red
Tio: Scarlet/Orangish red
Kanchome: Yellow
Umagon: Orange
Brago: Black
Reycom: Kobalt
Baltro: Army Green
Sugino: paleish Lime green
Kolulu: Pink
Mars: Charcoal
Fein: Lavender
Robonos: Turquoise
Kikuropu: Purple
Eshuros: darkish tan
Gofure: Paler, light tan
Yopopo: Green

>Lavender

Note Robonos in the bottom center here

Also, it's probably a bit late to say this, but people should be aware that this thread was made right after the last one ended

So it's likely that if you are reading this and only just woke up in the past few hours, that you missed volume 6 and you should read that first

Question for people who have already read the whole manga:

Does it bother any of you too that Apollo's precognition/battle sense abilities are completely unrelated to Answer-Talker?

It triggers my autism super hard that there's two completely unrelated yet extremely similar ESP abilities in the series when that's not the series gimmick

It doesn't bother me in that it's a thing, so much in that it wasn't explained. I mean you also have Sunbeam with his, enlightenment? And that one martial artist that can beat up demons. One off powers happen time and again, I just wish they got as much explanation as Answer Talker.

I never had an issue with Sunbeam's thing because that was at least building off the theme of having your heart connected to your partner. Answer talker and Apollo's shit is sntirely seperate from that or other book/demon concepts

Gensou is just a really fucking stronk dude I figure, no supernatural abilities there

H-HE'S FAST

'Meming aside, it's not that he's fast. You'll see it explained a bit more shortly.

Getting a fool's mate already... Step it up, Kiyomaro.

FUCK OFF RAIKU THIS IS LITERALLY JUST ANSWER TALKER REEEEEEEEE

Not really. Answer talker and apollo's thing were both caused by trauma. They might manifest in different ways but I'd say answer talker is just a more advanced version maybe?

There are a lot of answer-talker bait early on: Riddle Professor, Sunbeam and Apollo. None of them have actually all the answer talker abilities tho. My guess is that Raiku was still fleshing it out and deciding whether or not putting it in this early but decided to just discard it.

Wish I knew which song in the OST for the anime played during this fight