Why are we constantly spending our taxdollars on Narcan and EMS services for drug abusers?

Why are we constantly spending our taxdollars on Narcan and EMS services for drug abusers?

If you’re dumb enough to try heroin and get addicted, why should the system come save you? Maybe once, but two, three, ten times? Absolutely not. Let those fuckers die. It’s obviously what they want anyways.

Not even their own children’s life matters to them.

Police revive pregnant woman who overdosed twice in one hour: ajc.com/news/national/police-revive-pregnant-woman-who-overdosed-twice-one-hour/QeMzXuHtAEeyREg84Ld2LL/

Other urls found in this thread:

nydailynews.com/news/national/ohio-sheriff-won-deputies-carry-anti-overdose-drug-narcan-article-1.3313151
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Emt here. As shitty as it is, I still do it. Half the time they get pissed and take a swing at you once they come to. Can't take narcan off the trucks either because people accidentally overdose on meds all the time who aren't junkies.

Can't ask ems to use discretion when saving lives either, you'd have a retarded amount of lawsuits, not to mention emts don't take the job because of politics. We're there to do a job, and we don't get paid nearly enough.

You have guts user. I could never stomach that job.

You can’t tho

You can’t tho

Watch A Scanner Darkly

It's probably cheaper than letting them die.

Pretty much this and it's the law. I feel for you EMS workers. You guys have a he'll of a job, constantly on call, constantly being trained for shit and the pay isn't nearly what the job deserves.

Pretty much this and it's the law. I feel for you EMS workers. You guys have a he'll of a job, constantly on call, constantly being trained for shit and the pay isn't nearly what the job deserves.

It's called basic human decency. If the nonwhite retards in Afghanistan are noble enough to help wounded Taliban members we can help some bottomfeeders.

The main problem these days is heroin with fentanyl or carfentanil. If drugs were legal this wouldn't happen. Also if drugs were legal people could have narcan on hand and not require EMS.

Cut with*

I was a piece of shit addict that turned my life around. I know a lot of people that have turned their life around.

It's a hackneyed premise, but if it saves even one life, I'm happy to support it.

in Surrey the junkies play a game called yo-yoing

what they do is get as whacked out on heroin as they want to, inevitably OD, get brought back with narcan, and then do it all over again eight hours later, sometimes people get stabbed because the recently revived junkie is pissed off they can't get high for at least the next six hours after revival

this is clearly a win-win solution for everybody!

im a paramedic and wow if you think drug overdoses are worth getting upset about, let me take you on a tour of medicaid for poor black people.

imagine having poor genetics, poor diet, doing drugs, saving no money, then having your kidneys fail, your blood pressure spike, and get diabetes. now the government pays for all that. lets say you go to dialysis by ambulance each way because you had a stroke.

350 dollars paid each way = 700 a day
times 3 times a week - 2100
times 52 weeks in a year. over 100,000 a year. just on ambulance. diaylsis itself is another 72,000. then consider all the healthcare, meds, ER visits, etc. paid for by the government.

how many people by the time their kidney's failed have contributed close to half a million just to medicaid? none

Don't reply to yourself

Or your ID hopping son ever again.

didnt based joe arpaio stop his county from using that bullshit and saved taxpayers thousands??

Give me one good reason we're not better off letting the junkies OD?

Takes care of the addiction problem, don't have to waste public funds on drug addicts.

I was an emt in baltimore for a while and I can't describe how much it made me want a race war

I don't know of any sheriff that can dictate ems protocol. I'm calling bullshit.

How would you go about That? Giving EMS discretion over who is worth saving sets a dangerous precedent, and is just asking to be abused, especially considering "letting junkies die" is an abuse itself.

good thing im not EMS id go full walter white and watch them die.

NYC myself. and yes, a year in EMS, i went from liberal college democrat to right wing/alt right trump supporting card carrying republican

there are oxycodone/naloxone combination pills out there. that would have prevented so much harm..

NATURAL SELECTION. KILL all retards, people with brain fuck ups, drug addicts, people who can't figure out how to use a fucking lighter. GEEEAWD! People spend millions of dollars on saving the lives of retards, and why. I don't buy that shit like "oh hes my son though!" so the fuck what, he ain't normal, kill him, put him out his misery. He is only a waste of time and money, then people say "But he is worth the time, he is human too" no he isn't, if he was then he would swallow a bullet cause he would realize what a fucking waste and burden he was.

i got confused it was this sheriff from ohio

totally based

>A four-milligram dose of the life-saving overdose antidote Narcan costs just $37.50 — but the sheriff of an opioid death-riddled Ohio county won’t let his deputies carry it, citing cost and safety concerns.

“All we’re doing is reviving them, we’re not curing them,” Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones told NBC News in a recent interview. “There’s no law that says police officers have to carry Narcan ... Until there is, we’re not going to use it.”
nydailynews.com/news/national/ohio-sheriff-won-deputies-carry-anti-overdose-drug-narcan-article-1.3313151