Should I join the military at 24?

As the title says should I? I'm currently 22 and attending school but I was thinking about finishing up my prerequisites first and then join so when I get out Uncle Sam can pay for the final 2 years. What does Sup Forums think, any military anons here that can give me some advice? Is 24 too old to join?

bump

bump of truth

bump of bumps

24 is not too old. Just be in shape and study hard.

bump

Thanks, if you don't mind me asking did you join too or no?

Oh yes goyim!.We need more brave soldiers like yourself in order to defend our greatest ally Israel and secure it's existence

>cyprus
>implying I would fight in a war that I found unnecessary
I have more integrity then that lad.

Join the Coast Guard while you still can.

i joined after college. i fucking hated it. the military attracts people with something to prove, and especially people with fucked up childhoods. i am proud of the fact i made it through, but i hated every waking moment (and you don't get much sleep). looking back i've got some funny stories and sometimes i miss it, but the entire time i just wanted to get shot in the dome and end the ride. the worst part is you can't go back. you cannot reset your life and be a civilian again. maybe if you were chairforce or navy or some shit. but the corps turns you into an animal, and resetting has been a losing battle for me.

tl;dr, i cannot in good conscience recommend that you enlist or get commissioned based on personal experience. but it's your life.

Why? Do they have better benefits?

It's just staying at home for so long is making me feel like a bum, I figured after I finish my prerequisites I can join get some life back in my spark and have them pay the last couple of years for me.

Just make sure whatever armed services you join don't dose you with an estrogen injection and you'll be fine. Remember, the army is the largest employer of transgenders in the US (((and I wonder why that is??)))

If you ain't infantry, you ain't shit

The actual benefits are the same, but the quality of life is better. Getting in takes longer and they're more selective... Getting in is a giant pain in the ass, and there are hardly any enlistment bonuses. There's only one training center for basic so it takes longer to start. The other branches seem better at first because they pay you up front and get you in faster. But it also attracts people that are looking for handouts, and the standards are lower. Once you're into the CG, you're more likely to have a job you enjoy doing (and you actually tend to do the job you select) and you'll enjoy the people you work with and for more than other branches. It gets a lot of shit from people for not being "real" military but there are special forces opportunities, rescue swimming, border patrol, drug enforcement, law enforcement... The opportunities are much broader and you'll enjoy your time in more.

I miss when the army was that white. Everyone is brown or a tranny now. Sister just joined and was the only white straight person who swore in that entire day.

start ROTC training now for the branch you want then try to go in as an officer if you're going to be older than the average recruit

I see, well I've been on Sup Forums for many years and they've never been wrong before. I figure I just need to research a lot.

I'm in community college though, I don't think they have rotc for cc.

At the end of the day, you should talk to recruiters and find out which branch is right for you. But don't disregard CG simply because it takes longer to get in or because you don't get gibmedats, because it weeds out the lazy and people without determination and ambition. Which is pretty important, in my opinion, when your life may depend on the people you have around you.

The infantry is 90% white

I joined at 25 and it wasn't a bad deal. Just be in shape and study hard. It does get frustrating taking orders from younger people sometimes, but if you swallow your pride and aren't a fuckup you'll promote quick.

ROTC is a good way to do it. Officer pays better.

The big thing you have to know about the military is that your attitude is the biggest factor in whether or not you like it. I've had some shitty times in the military that were pretty awesome memories because of the people I was with and I chose to be positive. I had some times that weren't that bad that were fucking awful because I chose to be a whiny bitch and all negative.

Research all the branches and get a feel for the different culture each branch has. For me the Navy culture was the right one, and the Air Force and the Marines were wrong for me. I'd probably do ok in the Army.

The second thing is know what all the jobs entail before you pick something at MEPS. I can make any job in the Navy sound sexy as fuck, but a lot of them suck.

I've had really good and bad days in the military it's like any other job in that respect. Feel free to ask more questions.

And what's with the whole "real military" crap anyway? What does it mean? Getting shot up by a desperate raghead somewhere?

I guess it's just like that other user said - the military attracts people with something to prove.

I don't understand - we all have an agreement here that military isn't exactly how it used to be. Very hard, if not impossible to maintain the illusion that you are fighting to defend your homeland and all that crap. Yet everyone shrinks back to the bootlicking attitude in threads like these. Everyone except for actual soldiers like , it seems.

You're on Sup Forums. You wouldn't pass the mental health screening.

*than
And you do whatever you're ordered to do. Don't join we don't want you

I'm planning on talking to them
Did you get a degree when you got out user? Also I don't plan on making the military a career, but a side note is do they rotc in cc because that keeps getting brought up.
fuggggg :D

FUGGGGG XD

The reason this is is because they make you take a written test one of the questions being "could you kill an American citizen" if you say no they don't let you in

There are only two branches of the US military.

The Army and the Navy.

The Air Force is a corporation and the Marines are a cult.

FUGGGGGGGGGG X DDDDD

I guess it's about exactly about getting a meat puppet for someone. Or being a mechanic but pretending you're infantry. In the mean time, CG is taking out pirates, fucking over the cartel, saving people from hurricanes and floods, breaking ice in the North and South pole to assist researchers. Military is what you make of it, no matter what branch. "Real military" is bullshit.

Why not go be PMC and make real money?

Here we go again. Guys like the one you linked are part of the group of people that the military isn't for. The real military is camaraderie formed in shitty, high-stress, low-sleep, situations. You'll have a fuck ton of boredom and a few moments of extreme excitement. You'll meet weird and interesting people and do and see strange shit. You'll also be a janitor and do bitch work. You either enjoy the lifestyle or you don't.

I'm still in. Dude I make 70k a year with half of it non-taxable after only 5 years in. AND I get full medical. I'd have to make 80-90k a year to make getting out worth it and I enjoy my job. I got my degree before I enlisted, but I joined back when the economy was bad and everyone was trying to get in.

I know a couple people getting their degrees now that they are out, and I know a couple that got their degrees while they were in. We have tuition assistance that pays for classes while you are in. It's slow, but it works.

I don't think CC has ROTC. You'ld have to look it up though.

True

They hire all the vets with experience that they meet in the sandbox. lol

would have enlisted if was merican t bh

I see, the thing is I'm want to get a degree in physics and maybe a ms as well but ten thing is can I attend physics courses while in the military. I looked it up and a lot of people said no because they require to much lab work.

My flag messed up lol

the* can't*

Brother once blew up a truck with 32 pounds of C-4. I wonder if they'd take that as a lab credit.

Yeah, you won't be able to do a hard sciences degree while active. The exception is if you join, then apply for an officer program that pays for you to finish your degree while you are in then commissions you. I know the Navy has one called STA 21.

If you want a hard science physics degree, I would tell you to look at the Navy. We really like those kinds of degrees because of the technical nature of ships and the systems on board them.

Career Officers all get sent to get Masters Degrees. My ex-wife's dad got two masters and a PHD out of the Army.

But applying for those programs and betting everything on being chosen is risky because it's very selective, right?

Dammit lol the track pad is messing me up

Any ausfags in the military? I did my OSB the other day and they rejected me for "Not having enough military experience". Meanwhile, they hired 3 girls, 2 of which failed the fitness test, and an Asian guy who, not only failed the beep test fitness part, but got shin splints from it.
Why is our military so fucked? Are we gearing up to fight women and unfit Asians?

Yeah they are. So it depends on if you think you are smart and talented enough to work your way to the top 10% if you want to take that risk. A lot of people don't want to apply for the programs to begin with. Some people like being enlisted. That said if you get picked up for a program awesome. If you don't then you have option two. getting out after your first contract and using the GI bill, it's not a bad way to go. Lot's of people do it and its honorable.

You can't really undo the changes you experience though. It's hard to reintegrate into civilian life, but you get along really well with other veterans so there is that. I wouldn't change that I joined for the world. It made me a much better person.

It isn't for everyone though. There are some people that love the military and some that hate every minute of it. Most of us fall in the middle.

I'm going to bed soon, my kik is Sovietbatman if you have more questions.

It's probably because your Navy is hiring Americans to work on the weapons systems you bought from us and because everyone knows the US shoulders most of the doing shit with militaries load.