Be major gaming company

>be major gaming company
>Ay lmao, people love wolfenstein let's make another one
>pander to lefties and communists
>game flops so much noone buys it because your core audience doesn't want propaganda in their beloved series
>3 year old based Polish game still has more concurrent players then your game on launch day

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MzI3jK-rK9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=UJvvy6RKaCE
youtube.com/watch?v=TYvyi-0GZqk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>40k+ owners
They did decently.

That's not decent by AAA standard

thats shit for how much they spent dude

for comparison, Middle Earth game sold like 450k copies on steam

40k for a AAA title? Hah, those numbers are literally studio-crushing. I expect those guys will close up shop in a few months at most.

Holy shit, is this real? Damn, I enjoyed the other Wolfenstein, but of course they had to try and shoe-horn Trump and shit. It doesn't work, it didn't work with the NFL, it didn't work for Hillary so why do they think it'll work by trying to make a connection between Trump supporters and Nazi's?

Also, the world looks so much more better and healthier under the Nazi Regime, meanwhile the "resistance" is just covered in graffiti and filth. Not sure what kind of message they thought they were sending, but I think it kinda went the wrong way.

40k+ owners on opening weekend is shit

again for comparison, Witcher 3 sold 600 000 copies in opening week in Japan alone, one of the most shit markets for western games

This "game" is basically just an interactive movie. Nobody in their right mind wants to play that.

Jews love filth and degeneracy, it makes them feel comfortable. When a company becomes all jews they stop remembering how to pander to the goyim. they forget what they want completley.

Yes goyim that's totally why nobody bought it.

>This "game" is basically just an interactive movie
So its a potential game of the year? (every game of the year the past decade has been walking simulators) combined with the political message it will definitely be game of the year

I fucking hate this new trend of playing "movies". Give me more platformers like Crash Bandicoot.

You fucking children annoy me.
I playe W3d when you weren't even born you braindead millenials.
I never expected the day the heroic ubermensch gets into fetal position because he gets shot in Wolfenstein.
If this game flops it's because there are too many swastika-terminators and robodogs instead of nazis, you whiny homo.

buy it now goys

One would expect they'd have already learned their lesson with previous games that did the same thing.

reminder that this game has 1 hour and 20 minutes worth of actual content - INCLUDING unskippable cut-scenes.

The marketing for this game is very irresponsible. Basically agitating low impulse control left wing extremists against what the powers that be consider "Nazis".

If you fuckers keep talking about it, bumping the threads about it all you're gonna do is give it more and more advertising. Let it die into obscurity and stop bumping, report the threads.

I'm sick of the alternate reality future bullshit. The 2009 Wolfenstein was the best they've made since Enemy Territory.

>speedrun
The game is shit but actively trying to beat it as fast as possible doesn't accurately represent how long it would entertain an average player.

We cant have games that everyone cant finish, thats discriminatory.

This. I wish they would make it a straight-forward nazi-killing WW2 simulator with over the top gory mechanics, great setpieces and not one single laser, robodog or alternate mecha-Himmler.

Remember when it was fun and 8bit and all you had to do was defeat mechaHitler

youtube.com/watch?v=UJvvy6RKaCE

>Crash Bandicoot
Fuck those were the days.

Reminder mentally ill cucks roam around this site crossposting and shitting up all threads getting off on this shit.

/tg/ in a ww2 thread
>While the sculpts are bad, I definitely want to run them in an army so I can imagine the Germanic qts they get to culturally enrich after they win. It's the same reason why I run Beastmen in Warhammer
Sup Forums in a wolfenstein thread
>The gors have been busy, I see. Careful white men. Beastmen are not known for being magnanimous in victory, or even having a concept of sanitation.

Samecuck

thats a speed run retard.

Jesus fucking Christ

>Wolfenstein producers shoehorn in trump
What? This is the first time I'm hearing about this
anyone fill me in on this

Sounds like what the Vox Populi did in infinite. They shit up the city because muh communism. Colombia was such a nice looking city. If you don't like it, go be a nigger on earth.

Fuck that game for not letting me crush their rebellion before it started.

>report the threads
so all the cry babies from the neogaf fiasco start crying muh freedom of speech, muh censorship etc
yeah, let these autists get tired of the same shit on their own. considering this week will be filled with shit to post about nov 4, wolfenstein will get boring and fade away on its own

I haven't heard of anything in the actual game but the marketing has been full of shit like pic related.

"Punching Nazis" rhetoric as well.

It's really sad. What a waste.

I didn't say that you retard, I said they pandered to lefties in that they glorify communists and make it seem like they were the ones to fight the good fight during the war while in reality they were draft dodging cowards who were against US involvement until the USSR was invaded due to the Molotov-Von Ribbentrop pact

Every single game on the market currently is ridiculously easy when compared with the stuff you used to get back in the 80s. It used to be that it took months or years to get anywhere near good enough to possibly complete a game.

>Game is so devoid of content and broken that it can be speedrun in 1:20:00 a few days after release.

Wew

Don't play vidya anymore due to adulthood but Return to Castle Wolfenstein was a fond memory for the early 2000s era of PC gaming.

I assume they have just cucked the entire series up with this game?

for a big budget game you want millions of owners just to break even. now i dont know how big of a budget wolfenstein had but i bet they need atleast 1 mill+ buyers

>>Game is so devoid of content and broken that it can be speedrun in 1:20:00 a few days after release.

Lol This !!

Is it true this has only sold 40,000 copies

>decent
>60 x 40k = 2.4 mil
>Game cost millions of dollarydoos to make

Cuphead has 1million owners by contrast.

I got that feeling as well, and it was the same in Bioshock Infinite. It's odd how often developers accidentally make right-wing societies look nice. It sometimes makes me wonder if they secretly do it on purpose.

These guys also do a good job of making nazi hate look stupid and irrational

you retards act like there's varying quests and decisions to be made that would subsequently extend the game for an average player - there isn't. The game is move from point A to point B - which can be achieved in 1hr 20mins
Compare that to the Witcher in which any% speedruns have capped of at around 2hr 30mins (3hr 40min if you include the most recent patches) and still have hours of quests left.

This is an empty game.

Just putting it out there but maybe there goal was to ruin the series. Most people i've noticed in these threads seem to be unaware Wolfenstein was a series hated by the left.

steamspy is never accurate for the first few days. As much as I want this to flop I don't think it's going to happen.

Surprised noone has uploaded the webm where the topless pregnant woman saves the main character in the new Wolfenstein game.

I never understood why people like that genre of games in the first place, regardless of thematic content. They're all rip-offs. You get a shooter on rails that is just like every other shooter on rails gameplay-wise, a sub-par story that wouldn't even be able to pass muster on the Sci Fi channel or Cinemax, and you're done in about 6-10 hours of boring gameplay. It's just a terrible form of vidya. It blows my mind these games keep getting made.

Shame too be honest
What was once a game about alternate timelines is now being used as a political tool

Is this being overhyped?

I can't imagine this having more than a 5% effect; of Sup Forums type people boycotting the game or waiting for a sale

>40k+ owners
They did decently.

2.5 million sales for a AAA game would be "decent". Across all platforms they'd be lucky to get 500,000 owners.

estimated budget for a AAA title is around $60,000,000

I'm not sure they will even break even at $60/copy.

it was never really popular in the first place.

the ppl that will buy that game aren't the people celebrating its "agenda"

But Beastmen were retconned out of being rapey monsters.

Played a couple levels, it's... Quite an expierence.
>game looks worse than DOOM while running, too, worse than DOOM
>you have very little health, the healthbar is small so it's easy to not notice you're getting shot BECAUSE THE FUCKING PROTAGONIST BARELY REACTS TO GETTING SHOT
>to get health and armor you have to actively mash E
>keeping the trigger down stops you from reloading the gun for some odd reason
>the gun selection wheel doesn't slow down the world and the selector stays where you've set it instead of defaulting to a no gun chosen area when you close the wheel, so in a fight you have to fucking hurry
>half an hour of gameplay into the game you're put in a power armour suit WHICH GIVES ZERO BULLET PROTECTION TO YOU DESPITE IT BEING LITERALLY BULLET-PROOF BEFORE YOU PUT IT ON
>you, a man in a high-tech power armour suit, cannot just break open a vent. You have to use a hatchet. Which is shaped more like a tomahawk.
>you, a man in power armour, are slowed down considerably by using a heavy weapon.
>half the fucking game is cutscenes half of which aren't actual skippable cutscenes but in-game plot shit, so you literally CANNOT skip them. You're forced to spend five or so minutes at the start in the flashback sequence, because OF COURSE I PIRATED WOLFENSTEIN TO FUCKING WATCH A REDNECK BEAT HIS JEWISH WIFE AROUND AND THEN SHOOT MY DOG
>it took the resistance, which was in control of a massive U-Boat with a FUCKTON of stuff on it, FAILED TO FIND AN ENTRANCE TO A WHOLE GIANT SECTION STRETCHING ACROSS THE ENTIRE HULL OF THE OVERSIZED BOAT. IN WHICH THERE WAS A NUCLEAR WARHEAD STOCKPILE. IT TOOK THEM FIVE MONTHS TO FIGURE OUT THAT IF THERE'S A LOCKER IN THE WAY THAT'S NOT WIELDED TO THE WALL OR THE FLOOR, THEN IT CAN BE MOVED.
>FIVE MONTHS.
>FIVE.
>MONTHS.

this

reminder dota is for 3rd worlders and cs:go is the whiteman's game

s-sauce?

> game flops so much noone buys it because your core audience doesn't want propaganda in their beloved series

Seems a bit of a stretch to me.

>it took the resistance, which was in control of a massive U-Boat with a FUCKTON of stuff on it, FAILED TO FIND AN ENTRANCE TO A WHOLE GIANT SECTION STRETCHING ACROSS THE ENTIRE HULL OF THE OVERSIZED BOAT. IN WHICH THERE WAS A NUCLEAR WARHEAD STOCKPILE. IT TOOK THEM FIVE MONTHS TO FIGURE OUT THAT IF THERE'S A LOCKER IN THE WAY THAT'S NOT WIELDED TO THE WALL OR THE FLOOR, THEN IT CAN BE MOVED.
Considering the fuck nuggets they have in the resistance that is believable.

More that the game just sucks on top of being forcefully political.

is there a comparison with other games?

youtube.com/watch?v=9VEPH_3wnQQ
Finished in 1:17:03

stupid antifa faggots are threatening to bash the streamer for making the game look bad

>on the first week of its release, Wolfenstien II was already beaten in a SHORTER TIME than the campaign of 2007's multiplayer-centered, Modern Warfare.

youtube.com/watch?v=TYvyi-0GZqk

Bethesdrones will STILL defend this shit

So what's the point? You saying the studio boned themselves by trying to make a AAA out of niche market material?

It worked for Fallout. I would like to think we have greatly underestimated the zyklon generation and the population as a whole. I think this is indicative of the pendulum swinging. Admittedly, I have confirmation bias.

welcome to Sup Forums

it always is

The game will clearly surpass 1m sales with ps4, xbone and pc combined, the last one sold 1.5m on ps4 alone.

Sure what do you want?

it's a console game for console gamers nobody who cares about that game is going to buy it on PC

>after you finish the seeekkkret hull section mission you are put in a hub area.
>One of first side quests you get? FEED A PIG.
>Pig is hungry.
>"No piggie food left," says the Jamaican-looking man with a knife.
>the pig is quite literally sitting in a room with the half-skull brainlet, and is surrounded BY BIG CRATES FULL OF WHAT LOOKS LIKE DAMAGED/SLIGHTLY ROTTEN TOMATOES.
>and no that's not humie food it sits in, because that's just fucking disgusting and the humans have lots of human food in the cantina.
>back to gameplay
>grenades kill you in half a meter range or so, beyond that they literally do no damage. I seen a soldier jump 'away' from the grenade I threw, while in reality he just jumped in the side, remaining the same distance away from the grenade, like two-three meters.
>survived, got zero damage, got shot to death by me. Truly a heroic SS SOLDIER WITH AIM SO SHIT HE CAN'T HIT THE BIG FUCKING HEAD OF A HALF-JEW HALF-POLISH CHAD WHO JUST STANDS THERE STARING AT THE GRENADE HE DIDN'T THROW YET IN A FAIR BIT OF DOUBT REGARDING 'IS THERE A LITTLE EVIL GERMAN ROBOT SITTING IN THERE REFUSING TO EXPLODE RIGHT' BECAUSE HONESTLY THAT'S THE ONLY FUCKING REASON FOR THE GRENADE TO NOT FUCKING KILL SHIT
Fair point that is.

dunno, top 10 recent AAA of the past year? of the worst performing major games?

This game is pure communist propoganda. Trust me. I live in a communist country.

also, what exactly is the graph? sales per hour/day?

Yeah, cutscenes should be equivalent to walking to the next hole in golf.

While I think the propaganda in the marketing campaign played a role in the abysmal initial sales, it's also just a bad game that completely forgot why TNO and Doom 2016 got such positive receptions, which led to word of mouth killing TNC completely. Fuck Bethesda, they killed Dishonored this year too.

lmao, nah like Wulfenstein had a decent, moderately sized fan base.

This game they just went full sjw, the ppl that like shooters like this aren't going to care for it. A lot of ppl are mad at how hard they're trying to push it.

Even IF they didn't do all this "propaganda" it wouldn't have sold well for what they put in, they put waaaay too much into a game that doesn't have a huge appeal.

it's game of the year to journalists, who hate playing videogames and wish they were actually movies that played themselves

coincidentally, the gaming press gave high reviews for wolfenstein while actual vidya players think it's shit, something like high 80's amongst "critics" while the public sees it as a low 60's game

low 60's in vidya is fucking awful. Anything under a 70 is basically unmitigated crap. Below 60 is unmitigated crap that doesn't even run properly. High 70's are "fun if this is your kind of genre", and only once you reach mid 80's do you finally start getting into the realm of 'this game is okay'.

vidya scoring scales work the same way women rate men. Everything outside the top 20% is basically shit.

Wolfenstein NO, Kreisenau Base: shit everywhere, untidy as fuck.
The torquely spin ball rips the walls off of an ancient architectral castle because lul ball. Try to get something to create the mold that fucks the concrete so that they can destroy all German buildings made post 1944 because lul Nazis.
Release dangerous prisoners into the world to rape, pillage and murder because KeK AllI3s Rel3As3d lol.

The game portrays them what they are: terrorists, instead of freedom fighters like was intended

There's a lot of games with very short speedruns simply because of bugs/exploits.

I think Morrowind can be done in 20 minutes. Meanwhile I've probably dumped 300 - 500 hours into that game.

still fucking waiting for reverse game
Nazi art direction is top

Technically you can beat Morrowind in 5 minutes.

Difference is there's more content to Morrowind, the main quest (and some who cares minor objectives) of Wolfenstein is all there is.

It couldn't be done in 20 minutes just a few days after release. The exploits had to first be discovered and the techniques and routes optimized.

That damn speedrun just made me remember another fucking thing
>man fires two guns
>hides in your room for cover, clearly not reloading his guns
>he gives you one
>the gun is full
It's a small detail but that shit just shows lack of effort put.
>music is nothing at all comparable to the DOOM's dynamic music stuff, in the very speedrun at 1:50-2:00 plays a funky song that would fit in GTA V during a stealth mission, not during a fucking ACTIVE BATTLE

They fucked up the way the game's meant to be structured. You got NPCs who you grow to definitely hate... And they're your mission-givers. And you can't kill them.
Instead you gotta kill the germans who are actually kinda funny and likeable, on the level of a common soldier at least, there's this one who helps you unpack, for example, there's a scene where two brothers chat and one calms the other about their chances of being found by you, since they've seen you, five months back, slaughter dozens and maybe hundreds of crewmen on their boat, and ever since they've been hiding in that secret section ALONG WITH LIKE FORTY OTHER NAZIS AT LEAST

just edit the protagonists's clothes to be nazi uniforms and then cut out most of the dialogue

Just play enemy territory, alot of the servers are still going strong. I play on the [GoC] server all day every day.

>40k sales for an AAA pc game that cost propably more than 70-100 million $ to be made

Dude even EU 4 which is a hardcore game and from a small company have sold more than 1 million copies looool

concurrent players

I picked some recent releases, only south park is doing worse atm

Spise en fjert, norgemann

this is hilarious. theres fucking half blind amputees who play csgo and shit at a higher skill level than 99% of the players. git gud

Exactly, like it doesn't feel like the old ones at all. Its so obviously they are deliberately pushing the "killing nazis" thing so hard.

Like just lemme play the game without telling me to get a hard on for killing nazis

I wonder if it's possible to mod this game and remove all the cutscenes and press E to kill your dad scenes.
So you just have the shooting stages loading in sequence like an old game.

>they put waaaay too much into a game that doesn't have a huge appeal.

This. New Order resonated so well because it was a 90s FPS with a modern skin. Same with nuDOOM. Why Bethesda forced the devs to ditch the formula that made them gorillions of shekels is baffling.

actually steam cut 30% of sale
so it makes around 1.7m

The record is 7 minutes (or is that skyrim?), morrowind at least is not due to bugs or exploits, its simply that most of the time you would normally play is due to leveling up and finding out what to do since you arnt firced to do the missions in the way its presented. if you are strong enough and know where to find the boss and the right equipment you can just go collect it and kill him.

The difference here is that those are roleplaying games in an open world with most of what you can do sidequests. This is a FPS with completely linear levels.

Yep, I mean the propaganda probably hurt them more than it helped, but its a marginal amount.

The real killer is putting way to much marketing and resources into a game that didn't have that strong of a fan base to begin with, coupled with retarded narratives

Wew.
Has Todd finally been stumped?

Would be cool to play as the Wolfenstein Nazis and carve through Russia WaW style

What if it was a multi-million dollar narrative to make the left look even shittier and make us look better? Like someone dropped millions just for us?

i watched the speedrun mate all he did was sprint through everything

it's almost like gamers want to play games and not have their hobby polluted with political opinions from either end of the spectrum. maybe don't make your marketing a political statement especially one designed to appeal to people who don't even play games.

good point

cheers

I honestly don't give a shit about it actively telling you to kill nazis. That's the fucking point of the game, that's why it's so over-the-top, why there are concentration camps in 60s, why Hitler is so... Well, brown-eyed and is a fucking caricature.
Problem is, instead of embracing what it is, a cheesy 'kill those evil dudes' game like DOOM was, with plot being there but far from extremely important, you have
a
C I N E M A T I C E X P E R I E N C E
And I wish I was fucking kidding. It's focused on NPCs and their bioproblems like it's fucking the Walking Dead. The Walking Dead can't manage making the bioproblems look interesting and its' entire fucking point is a human's struggle in X bad situation, and here you have a shooter meant to be a shooter forced to be a fucking boohoo i cri everi tiem CAROLINE LEND ME YOUR STRENGTH CAROLINE I WON'T LAST MUCH LONGER shit.
That's what the protagonist mutters to himself whenever he is at a certain health point. Why Caroline? Cause she died in front of him EXACTLY LIKE A DUDE FROM A WHILE BACK and you are wearing her power armour to be able to walk around.
Yes, her power armour. Which is unable to protect you from bullets.
Because fuck you, you don't deserve a power fantasy where all the laser-gun robots would be an actual threat to you and the nazis with puny machineguns would be fodder, all you deserve is a four-hour 'shooter'
WITHOUT AN END-BOSS
WITH THE ANTAGONIST DYING IN A QTE.

so what? that's a legimate way to play. Dumb devs didn't put requirements in the game to kill enemies to proceed.
The funny part is he isn't even using glitches to do it he's using an upgrade the devs added to the game.