Sakuga Thread / 作画を語るスレ

While we waiting for Gosei Oda to delivers on Mob Psycho today, could we talk about other things as well ?

What are you looking forward to in next season ? Reasons and expectations ?
Favorite piece of animation from this season ?

Who is the most moe animator ? Pic related for me. N-No homo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OZQ-EMIxM5U
youtu.be/4UqtXhDYNBs
youtube.com/watch?v=E9-7mns5vRc
youtube.com/watch?v=Izu1tiYukAc
youtube.com/watch?v=H0XssHL6ka4
twitter.com/usagi_rakuda/status/775341904716193792
youtube.com/watch?v=XOiIHHxMqE4&feature=youtu.be
mov3.co/en/tokyomx/
twitter.com/Barikios/status/775358810462363648
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder that Megumi Kouno is no longer pure.

Don't remind me ;__;

youtube.com/watch?v=OZQ-EMIxM5U

Will TNK ever return to Mob ?

邦画アニメ歴代興行収入
304億円 2001年 千と千尋の神隠し (邦画1位)
196億円 2004年 ハウルの動く城 (邦画2位)
193億円 1997年 もののけ姫 (邦画3位)
155億円 2008年 崖の上のポニョ (邦画5位)
120億円 2013年 風立ちぬ (邦画6位)
92.5億円 2010年 借りぐらしのアリエッティ (邦画10位)   
83.8億円 2014年 STAND BY ME ドラえもん
78.0億円 2014年 映画 妖怪ウォッチ 誕生の秘密だニャン! 
76.5億円 2006年 ゲド戦記 
76.0億円 1998年 劇場版ポケットモンスター ミュウツーの逆襲

68.7億円 2012年 ONE PIECE FILM Z 
64.6億円 2002年 猫の恩返し/ギブリーズ episode2 
64.0億円 1999年 劇場版ポケットモンスター 幻のポケモン ルギア爆誕
63.1億円 2016年 劇場版 名探偵コナン 純黒の悪夢
62.*億円 2016年 君の名は。 (9/11時点)
58.5億円 2015年 バケモノの子
55.3億円 2015年 映画 妖怪ウォッチ エンマ大王と5つの物語だニャン!  
54.0億円 1992年 紅の豚
52.6億円 2012年 ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:Q   

50.2億円 2007年 劇場版ポケットモンスター ダイヤモンド&パール ディアルガVSパルキアVSダークライ
50.1億円 2016年 ONE PIECE FILM GOLD (9/8時点)
48.5億円 2000年 劇場版ポケットモンスター 結晶塔の帝王 ENTEI 
48.0億円 2009年 ONE PIECE FILM STRONG WORLD  
48.0億円 2008年 劇場版ポケットモンスター ダイヤモンド&パール ギラティナと氷空の花束 シェイミ
46.7億円 2009年 劇場版ポケットモンスター ダイヤモンド&パール アルセウス 超克の時空へ
45.0億円 2003年 劇場版ポケットモンスター アドバンスジェネレーション 七夜の願い星 ジラーチ
44.7億円 2015年 劇場版 名探偵コナン 業火の向日葵
44.7億円 1994年 平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ
44.6億円 2011年 コクリコ坂から

>Who Is The Most moe Animator

Will she ever decide to be credited as Megumi Amemiya?

Probably not, but it's not like the show needs him anyway. Tanaka is old and busted.

Who's going the win the Yonema blow?
Tarou2 or Ebisu?

>bowl
Goddamn it.

Are animators supposed to be?

genius
youtu.be/4UqtXhDYNBs

>What are you looking forward to in next season ? Reasons and expectations ?
Flipflapper - studio 3hz is doing it
Hibike - Yamada
Soushin Shoujo Matoi- white fox
Popin Q - Wait what toei?

BahiJD - See what he's doing and where he's at
shingo yamashita - no reason

Favorite piece of animation from this season ?
SouseinoOnmyouji OP2
Kimi no na wa

Kek

Oh blessed atmosphere.

Looks like Kimura Keiichirou is animating Tiger Mask's ED.
youtube.com/watch?v=ttndwyst-Xo

Why is Okiura so perfect?

3 gatsu - shinbo

Pv looks like trash

Bahi is working on Kenji Kamiyama's upcoming movie.

The female ones, yes.

There are no fights in Mob Psycho's episode today. Sakuga your ass. It's just Mob one shotting every opponent and jobbing to a penis chin guy.

It's not like you can't make someone steamrolling his opponents look well-animated.

>Who's going the win the Yonema bowl
sushio

but she kind of gives off lesbian vibes, idk.

Fights are offscreen.

Yo sakugafags

Can you post your favorite sequences? webms and video links preffered. Also if there's anything good with 3D visuals that would be helpful.

>3D visuals
What do you mean? CGI?

Nothing's stopping Bones from adding new content.

They have no time for that. They have already been cutting a lot of content because of the past faced adaptation. They need to end the episode in the Claw boss reveal so they need to rush this dialogue heavy episode again.

Kazuto Arai confirmed he did key animation for today's episode, so there's bound to be some action at least since he's an action animator.

Man, I can't believe I'm actually kinda excited for the final episode.

They're not the final episodes, the anime will adapt side story novels after the big fight. Anyway, any animation enthusiast would be excited for the upcoming episodes given the staff. Naruto tends to deliver with its special episodes so here's hoping the teams will push themselves to make something spectacular. I must say Mob Psycho has set a very high bar this season though.

>studio 3hz is doing it
3hz is what catches you? Not Oshiyama or Kojima?

3D animation. I know there isn't much in anime and the few that use it doesn't look great at this point, but I'm sure there's something good out there

Bahamut, Yuri on Ice, Flipfloppers, Handshakers, Hibike S2. Thats about it animation wise.

Also - Mob Psycho animation is shit, as is Bones in general.

As far as full CGI in anime goes, check out Cassette Girl from the Anime Expo series. It's a good example of Kanada-style animation in CGI and looks quite convincingly 2D, thanks to Shigeto Koyama's supervision.

I can't believe anyone would look forward to Handshakers for any reason.

>Handshakers
youtube.com/watch?v=E9-7mns5vRc

The action scenes in this look worse than K's.

Whats wrong with "K-The not gay version with lolis"? It probably become a disjointed trainwreck and some of animation showcased in pv is choppy - but just as with K it also shows lots of great cuts and anime at least can be watched as fancy music video clip.

>Cassette Girl from the Anime Expo
Thank you! Kanada style was something I wanted to see and/or make with 3D animation, I'm very excited to watch it now

>tfw had it in my HDD for months with the other Expo files but never bothered to watch all of them

You should check out the Black Rock Shooter TV anime as well, the CGI action scenes are supervised by Imaishi himself.

I cant follow up on everyone in the industry. Maybe I'm not as exposure'd or just lazy to learn about more individuals.

Looks good.
youtube.com/watch?v=Izu1tiYukAc

Though because they obviously composed the scenes in 3d before animating to allow for such camera work, it at times look artificial. Still better than 2dimensional/static camera of everyone else.

Fuck I hated BRS. Any chance someone uploaded the scenes he was in charge of to youtube?

Just look for the fight scenes on youtube, Imaishi supervised them all if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure if Amemiya helped out too though.

Why? BRS TV was good. Both story/character wise thanks to Okada, and fight wise thanks to Sanzigen.

Its OAV that was complete shit.

So much fisheye lensing also It will look like hot garbage due to insufficient encoding.

>thinks Mob Psycho is animated like shit
>is looking forward to Hand Shakers
You can't make this up

youtube.com/watch?v=H0XssHL6ka4
>story/character wise thanks to Okada
lol

>K
K is kinda weird in that while the action is rather bad, the 'mundane' scenes have pretty good directing (yeah, I know, not sakuga but they do look neat) like the earlier episode with the guy skateboarding around the place.

He is too obsessed with realism.

Its not like they are new at it, so know what they are doing - [K] or even Seitokay Yakuindomo S2 ep1 show they are profficient.

Their visual style is their unique trait, present in many factors some of which can be jarring - but thats the part of their appeal.

What i`d complain about is not animation, but choreography - while camera work, effects and select sakuga are great: much of their fights in K was simple uninspired swords bashing. At least Handshakers shows quite some acrobatics, so maybe they learned something.

Thank you

OVA turned me off completely.

No it wasn't. The story and characters were the worst part. It would have been better if they cut those out and just have the 'fantasy realm' with no explanations on what they are, just cool fights. For all the digs at Zack Snyder, he at least had the sense to keep the human drama in Sucker Punch to a minimum and just focus on flashy video game fights.

>lol
Its essentially early Wixoss version. The story is good, not sure you even watched the show. Ocada succeeded well with the emotional and psychological drama and sense of mental discomfort that causes subconcious worlds to appear. The material was perfectly suited for her.

TLDR: litterally 2deep for you

>Whats wrong with "K-The not gay version with lolis"?
Everything? It looks hideous. I honestly don't understand what redeeming values there is to see in the PVs.

No, it was melodramatic crap that got in the way of the action
The OVA was better

>I honestly don't understand what redeeming values there is to see in the PVs.
It looks like [K]. Thats all about it.

There is some nice 2D animation underneath all that CGI and filters.

>The OVA was better
You should stick to watching AMVs on youtube.

Yeah, Japanese Sucker Punch is so deep and the metaphors are so sophisticated.

>Its essentially early Wixoss version
You're not helping your case.

It sounds like you've never watched much drama if that's all it needs to impress you.

> that causes subconcious worlds to appear
Oh and you also need to read more literature and understand how to subtexts. Funny how the person who plays the 2deep4u card is the one who takes things too literally or perceives it on a shallow level.

More people need to keep an eye on Fune wo Amu next season, it looks like it's going to have some real neat character animation

Probably won't beat Kimi no Na Wa's animation though.

What the fuck kind of comparison is that? It's a goddamn TV anime of course it won't

>A TV anime won't have better animation than a feature film
Great insight.

>What are you looking forward to in next season ? Reasons and expectations ?
Flip Flappers because studio 3Hz seem to love working with based Ebata.

Don't forget Iso will be there too.

Some of the 3DCG scenes in Etotama looked great.

Ebata a shit.

His solo OPs and EDs are pretty one-note, that's for sure.

twitter.com/usagi_rakuda/status/775341904716193792

Tachikawa hyping up the episode

FlipFlappers is going to kill Mob Psycho. Bonesfags on suicide watch. Iso >>>>> Yutameme

What animators can Oshiyama and Kojima bring along, besides Iso? Kameda managed to bring on a pretty impressive team for Mob Psycho, it would take considerable talent for Flip Flappers to match it.

FALL OF SAKUGA:
>FlipFlappers
>Izetta
>Yuri on Ice
>Occultic Nine
>Haikyuu
>Euphonium
>Regalia
>Matoi
>Classicaloid

Chikashi Kubota is confirmed. Ebata is likely coming since it's 3Hz.

Jokes on you, Yuta also working on Flip Flappers. It's already confirmed.

Proofs?

Don't forget Fune wo Amu
youtube.com/watch?v=XOiIHHxMqE4&feature=youtu.be

Aoyama is strong on this one

Okay, probably I'm half memeing, but I'm sure that he will do KA on it (probably under pen name again).

But here again, I'm trying to gather info on who's gonna working on it

Suezawa
Iso
Yuta
Kubota (confirmed)

anyone streaming here ?

Aoyama himself can't save the show and he'll most likely be spending time correcting drawings.

Tetsuya Takeuchi is action AD on Shuumatsu no Izetta.

mov3.co/en/tokyomx/

Too much 3dcg for me.

That's already on the list.

Kai Ikarashi
China (animator)

is that fire done by Arai ?

All Out by madhouse.

Keiichiro Watanabe ??

If the timing is bad, then it's definitely Arai. He's no longer in the industry though.

care to elaborate ?

If he's talking about Jun Arai, then he's implying that animator has got a poor sense of timing in his work.

oh, different Arai.
this is young webgen. But I heard Arasan is out of industry because many dislikes his attitudes.

twitter.com/Barikios/status/775358810462363648

LMAO at retards who don't read the manga. There are no action scenes in Mob psycho at all. Don't expect sakuga moments again in episode 11 and 12. It's all talk no jutsu from here.

Oh, I was right then.
Do you get the full credit ?

>There are no action scenes in Mob psycho at all.
Are you retarded?