L was so much smarter, Light was just lucky

Like serious, it takes what, 50 chapters and 35 episodes to take L down when you have the greatest weapon of all time.

It's simply pathetic that a normal human could stand so long against a guy who could wave his hand and kill people.

Light was retarded

he made a lot of mistakes because of his narcissism
but the ending was kind of an asspull

Light has alot of things going for him

-anonymity
-supernatural powers
-clear objectives

L only lasted as long as he did because he was smarter and a paranoid fuck

The whole beating L quest was irrelevant anyway. Playing games with L made it easier to catch him.

Just sit in your room, and use the internet to get criminal's names. Not even L can deduce which basement dweller is scribbling in a notebook.

Things Light did that were retarded:

>killed the FBI agent following him

Who the fuck does that?

>hacks iinto police server and finds out cops have profiled him as a student due to the hours the killings occur

>changed the time killings occur and advertises to the police that he has access to their files in the process

It's like he never even watched the imitation game.

L has the entire police force and the law with him.

Light was just a highschool kid and L failed to get him for ages

from his point of view he wasn't just trying to kill criminals but become a sort of deity so it kind of makes sense that he would smite anyone going openly against him
it would be more important than his judgements

How can you fail to understand that Light wasn't trying to hide like a rat? He wanted to BEAT L while getting close.

He was arrogant and had a big ego.

>I was being retarded on purpose guys

This.

Plus Killing L and then BECOMING L while being Kira is clearly the best position for him.

Has entire fucking access to names of all criminal for whatever country

Even if you're right, he still went about it retardedly. Even without the eye deal, he still should have had a simple time of killing L.

He beat L so i don't get your point.

how would you find out L's name?
it's not in records and he won't tell you himself

Through an asspull and it took way too long. And he also got fucked over by near later on, again, due to his retardation.

If we also ignore the asset of misa's eyes. (See how many advantages I just have to straight up ignore to make this less overpowered?)

Anyway, he knows the other task force member's names. You can control actions before death. Wrote an elaborate scenario of events that won't directly result in L's death, but will likely kill him. One guy locks the door before he dies, trapping L. Another starts a fire.

Or just hurls some grenades into his hotel room.

>Through an asspull
Hahah hilarious, eveything he did to getting his memory back was easily plausible and we all know rem was devoted to Misa, you're just a mad fuck.

He got fucked because the author ruined his character for a retarded reason

>Light
>trusting anyone
>ever

>You can control actions before death. Wrote an elaborate scenario of events that won't directly result in L's death, but will likely kill him.
they spent an entire episode to explain why you can't do that and how you can manipulate events before death
you're mistaken

You can't write:

Tom shoots L then himself

But I see no reason that you can't write

Tom pours gasoline on the floor, and then shoots himself in the head. Tim comes along and flicks a cigarette at the floor and then shoots himself in the head. Jim locks the door and then shoots himself in the head.

If L happens to die in the resulting fire, well...

he never tested it so thoroughly but it's heavily implied that any actions resulting in the death of a bystander will not be executed

Whatever you want. It's not an asspull then, but it's still a symptom of his retatdation that he even let himself get backed into a corner in the first place that he had to try that hail Mary.

Well, then just write that: Tom the arms dealer brings me a rocket launcher and then dies.

Then shoot up L's hotel rom.

I know that the "point" was that in the end arrogance is what got Light caught, but i was always unsatisfied with how comfortable he had gotten and that in the end he fucked up so hard that he may as well have shot himself.
post-timeskip Light was practically king of the world, so yeah his abilities had definitely dulled.

Or you could do the match yourself, and just have tom spread the gas and Tim lock the door.

But now that I think about it, I think I am right. In episode one, Light sees the girls about to get raped By motorbike hooligans and the method he uses to stop them is getting hit by a semi. We see the semi driver come out and say that the motorbiker came out of nowhere.

Same thing happens to the bus hijacker. Light can make people get hit by cars driven by humans. That is literally killing by proxy with the deathnote.

The deaths are supposed to be possible is basicly the only limitation. Also they can't have ideas that wouldn't "unnaturally" come to their head.
So creating an "accidental" fire to die in should be pretty easy to do honestly.

I have less of a problem with that. I can see someone getting lazy. Still retarded of course. But a little less so. He should have left the task force eventually and gone to Persia to be a king in some mansion.

You people are seriously thinking L had never taken such a thing to consideration when he knows vaguely what Light is capable of with his killings and would allow himself to die so easily.
If Light just killed him right when they were suspecting light then it would have just baited himself out after.

Anyways pretty sure halfway in the show Light decided he want to take L's position as well as kill him.

>He should have left the task force eventually
he was too cocky for that.
besides, iirc didn't he want a career in law enforcement anyway?
being on the task force made the most sense strategically (as Kira), since it put him in the position to immediately put down any threats.

Of course eventually it was gonna be supremely obvious he was kira/kira was on the task force...and it was.
he would have been better off just killing in waves instead of maintaining it as a regular thing.

Not him, but I'd say it wasn't an asspull plot wise, but in-universe it was something that L could have never accounted for IIRC. The whole rain scene was L saying "I know I lost, but you cheated, bitch"

L had far more resources

Maybe L shouldn't have gotten greedy and kept both suspects so close to him.

I honestly think it was unsatisfying how Light got caught. But at the same time his ego got too large for his own good.

>Light was retarded
Wasn't this the premise of the whole series?
He could easily rule the entire world by falling off the radar

That is exactly why the live action film worked better OMP... L knew that Light and Misa were the culprits the moment they became free and "suddenly" Kira started attacking again.

Light beat L just because they needed to prolong the series... if not, it would have ended as the live-actions films, which I'm sure was the original intended ending...

Technically L had already pegged him fairly early on. (it's the whole reason he did the whole school/tennis match) But L's problem was his own ego when it came to proving the guilt of a criminal.

It actually can't. The Death Note can't kill people whose names aren't written. If hypothetically caused a car crash due to Death Noting a driver, only that driver will die.

Up to what I know, you can't use the Death Note to make a person kill another person, even if you know the later's name.
However, using a detailed and well written description you can "bypass" this, like Light did in the film.

Except it did.

When?

Reading can be useful. Try being less of a faggot next time, cause spoonfeeding people ain't my business.

In other words, there is no source...

Light was at the end of puberty when he found the DN, of course he's going to be a lot less careful and more impulsive.

L died because even though he was smart he gave up some of his autism to continue social relationships with members of the HQ (which I think are the actual perpetrators of his own death, in the manga it's even more apparent) and was forced to play mostly by the rules.

Near and Mello wouldn't have any of that and that's why they won.

Note logic will just make any of those guys die of heart attack before they are able to put L into any danger.

Illiteracy doesn't make everyone else wrong.

But having no source just makes that user wrong, so...

>hey there Kira, you are a faggot. 1v1 me irl if you can
>kills him
>that was obvious bait and now his location is exposed
Light was a retard since the beginning. All he had to do was tickle his pride more to expose him totally.

>write "dude gets killed by car accident"
>dude dies by the hands of others
>somehow this is not writing the name

>have a perfect tool to kill people without getting caught
>still get caught

He was the dumbest MC ever

I read the manga and watched the anime, and I don't remember the case you are mentioning.

Mind telling me the episode or chapter number so I can check it myself?

>have the perfect tool
>make your alias known
>cause fear and lower crime rates
>get in to the best position you can get as being L

The series ended at episode 26 :)

You can't choose the driver, or the mugger who pulls the trigger, etc... you can just write a cause of death "death by car accident", "death by gunshot", etc... the Death Note will fulfill the rest.

Motocycle was in the first chapter, pretty sure the bus hijacker was chapter 7.

Manga > Anime

>The series ended at episode 26 :)

True, but in that case the series would have ended with L winning, instead of Light... that's what you get for writting a popular series, the editors force you to prolong it...

Did I ever imply that?

>muh series ended at episode 26

Why must you be in any legit DN thread on Sup Forums, which is like a huge Reddit/MAL sign because of your faggotry?

Pretty sure it was stated in the series itself that

L > Light = Near + Mello >> Near > Mello

We are in the discussion if the Death Note can kill more people than the names written on it, that was the reason we used the "car accident" situation. But some user keeps saying the Death Note can kill "collateral" victims, while refusing to give out the source.

Actually, stats mentioned Light being smarter than L.

Near + Mello > Light = Near > L > Mello

The rule clearly states that any collateral kill will be prevented by killing the guy in charge before it happens.

But you can't defy "Word of God":
When asked who is the smartest, Ohba said: "L. Because the plot requires it."
So...
L > Near + Mello > Light = Near > Mello

Light can't be equal to Near. The whole point was Near needed Mello.

Since "Word of God" was in charge of the stats written in the official databook, I must question where and when did the Ohba's quote come from.

If we must discuss power levels, L was more of a balanced version of Near and Mello's strengths, with none of their weaknesses, albeit being a much nicer person than those two (which can be considered a weakness).

How to Use: X
1. Suicide is a valid cause of death. Basically, all humans are thought to possess the possibility to commit suicide. It is, therefore, not something unbelievable to think of.
2. Whether the cause of the individual's death is either a suicide or accident, if the death leads to the death of more than the intended, the person will simply die of a heart attack. This is to ensure that other lives are not influenced.

There, case closed you faggots

Equal in smartness, and not much else. Being smart alone won't do you any good against another opponent with much better assets and resources. That's when Mello came in, as a formidable asset which Gevanni couldn't probably compare.

I already know that.

the ending was an asspull too
>Near: I replaced all the pages of desu noto so mikami is just scribbling on normal paper
why the fuck would you ever not hold on to it 24/7

>I must question where and when did the Ohba's quote come from.

Ohba said it in an interview made for the official databook, and it is in the same databook. Ohba's statement was more of a joke on his part, but he is quite right, when Near and Mello entered the game there was already some info about the Death Note somewhere around the world. On the other hand, L had to make all his conclusions out of thin air, and most of them where actually correct.

>I already know that.
Then why didn't you post it and stoped the faggotry instead of promoting it?

I mean, I don't know why you think I don't consider L as nothing short of a genius, but what you said doesn't prove anything until we see Near in place of L in the same circumstances. Probably the databook stats were referring to adult Light? Even though his memory erasing stunt received a five-star rank in the same databook, gaining what I think was the highest score.

I already did in , just without actually copypasting the rule.

What did he mean by this?

Light wasn't as smart as he thought he was. That's one of the biggest themes going on in these kinds of manga.

Then you didn't explain it well enough, dude, like you didn't mention the guy would die of a heart attack to evade the collateral deaths.

>The rule clearly states that any collateral kill will be prevented by killing the guy in charge (of the colleteral kills) (by having him die of a heart attack) before it happens.

Then again I also mentioned it in so I explained more than I was supposed to.

this user still doesn't want to admit that everything would have been much easier, if he has just copypasted the rules from the beginning as that other user did...

I don't come here to do some tedious spoonfeeding work when I remember enough to put it into words.

Keep telling that yourself, darling...

>spoonfeeding
To me, that's just a made up word. A politician's word, so young fellas like yourself can post and feel intellectual, without giving a single damn source to defend your statements. What do you really want to know? That we understood your explanation?

There's not a minute goes by we didn't understood it. Not because we're especially intelligent, or because you explain it well. But because another user did your job of giving the source material for the statement, allowing us to confirm what you have just said.

Spoonfeeding? It's just a bullshit word. So you go on and rant about your gifted memory, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit.

Are you being serious right now? For one this is one of the few boards actively discouraging spoonfeeding, and most of these non-issue arguments happen because of spotty knowledge of the source material, which is often further hindered by only watching non-canon stuff like movies, specials, literal fanfictions (AN) and the anime adaptation.

If people are going to be dicks and prove the writing of something is retarded, they must be in control to the full extent of what is known of what they are criticizing. This applies to every discussion about any piece of work. But since it's funny to act like dicks it's much more easier to skip those steps and just blindly attacking something to grow your e-penis.

You should be thankful I'm actually a nice spirit and tried to instill curiosity by giving exact, straight explanations.

You do realize that is just bait, right?

Who cares, I managed to fire another shot at anything but manga faggots. They're what killed Death Note discussion and ruined its well deserved cult status.

It was the biggest fucking asspull ever. For what reason does giving up the Death Note makes you lose your memory? What the fuck was he even thinking after he forgot being Kira? "Well, I have this big ass gap in my memory, but I guess it's fine" The only reason the author added that was for Light to get out of an otherwise impossible situation. Also, L getting killed by a literal god was complete bullshit, he had no way to fight against it

>Also, L getting killed by a literal god was complete bullshit, he had no way to fight against it
That is why the live-action is far better, he actually finds a way

This. They barely even mention the fact that Light has a huge gap in his memory that spans several MONTHS, right the fuck out of nowhere. Him losing his memories was a convenient tool that Ohba thought up to keep Light from losing, like he should have right then.

Actually, by answering with those rants you encourage them to keep shitposting around, the best thing is to ignore them.

>well deserved cult status
you're kidding, right?

Yes

Baaait...

>For what reason does giving up the Death Note makes you lose your memory?

It makes sense, if you don't want to be a death note owner after a few kills it would only be fair if you completely lose memory of being it's owner and eveything regarding it.

>muhhh L died to because a supernatural being was manipulated to kill off L who was dumb enough to keep such suspects near him

The amount of times Misa forgot or there was a convenient chance that she couldn't go and tell L's name to Light was just bs.

You're probably exaggerating the memory loss, he never spends a whole day doing shit with the death note and only partial of it.

>that FBI women who so happened to be one who is engaged with the guy stalking Light who so conveniently had connections with L and was trusted by him and was 100% correct with her hunches weren't tools to fuck up on Light

[citation needed]

Misora wasn't a tool to fuck Light up, because Light killed her within two seconds. Like in the same scene that he met her, he killed her.

He should've been caught then too, because there's no way a seasoned FBI agent like Misora would have trusted Light right away just because he mentioned L. They try to explain it away as her having been weak emotionally because of her husband's death, but I call bullshit on that. She would have been depressed, obviously, but she's still not stupid. They god-mode (lol) Light so much, and he gets way too many passes by the story.

What? Are you insane? Don't you see >this is one of the few boards actively discouraging spoonfeeding, and most of these non-issue arguments happen because of spotty knowledge of the source material

>For what reason does giving up the Death Note makes you lose your memory?
>"Well, I have this big ass gap in my memory, but I guess it's fine"

Because, if you both knew the fuck you were talking about, you would be aware giving up note ownership makes you only forget about note-related memories. This has been stated since the fucking START of the series. Light remembers everything about what happened in the last year, but can't put it into context, so his brain fills in the gaps with the next thing that makes sense. He actually questions a lot of this stuff himself in a couple instances, but you apparently didn't know which just reconnects into what I said in about you guys lacking canonical information.

I don't have anything better to do, sorry.

As far as shonen goes, Death Note will always be one of the most eclectic and influential products, whether your the uninformed mind hive will admit it or not. If you don't like shonen that's okay, I guess. You just cannot turn down what DN achieved in that field.

>no citation
>continues shitposting
See How to Read

What the hell are you doing, man?!!! Don't you see you are spoonfeeding them? Didn't you read what you yourself shitposted here?

>He should've been caught then too, because there's no way a seasoned FBI agent like Misora would have trusted Light right away just because he mentioned L.

She saw him being called out as the chiefs son and then gave out information only the top people would and then had the same suspicious of how Kira kills like her. I don't see how it's unreasonable.

>Unfortunately, its worldly "cult status" was achieved due to the anime.

>She would have been depressed, obviously, but she's still not stupid.

She also mentioned Light reminded her a lot of L, and in hindsight I would see how, since pre-note Light had a strong sense of justice and he certainly doesn't lack detective skills. Light was just lucky he was also Kira, even he admits he dodged a very dangerous bullet.

Pic related, nice trips btw. I suppose they caught me.

You seem to know a great deal about Death Note... what happen with Light after he dies? If he can't go to heaven or hell? Where does he go?

Actually, as the Death Note rules clarify that when a human dies, the human can’t be brought back to life and that all humans when they die, they go the nothingness. In other words, they cease to exist and, as Ryuk said in the manga, are equal in death.

When Ryuk told Light: “Don’t think that a human who has used the Death Note can go to Heaven or Hell”, he meant that there was no rule excepting Death Note users from ceasing to exist like normal humans would when they die.

Now, of course, most faggots who has watched every Death Note product… except the original source material, the manga, believe that Light is the Unnamed Shinigami in the first “Death Note Rewrite” just because there are some “nods” to Light in his design. Ignore that and focus on reading the manga better.

L as the greatest detective on Earth. A book with specific rules isn't going to give you an automatic win.

You fags try too hard to shit on Light to make yourselves feel good when you know you wouldn't have lasted nearly as long doing the same thing.

Except it makes sense that way, faggot. All death gods are former Book users, original book was handed by the king of death. And when he means that you cant go to either heaven or hell he means you go in between.

Your explanation is contrived, pretty useless for Ryuuk to even state that otherwise if it isn't a warning, and the lack of heaven or hell makes no sense in a universe like that.

>this shit again
L already had a hunch where Kira was. That's why the broadcast was being aired in a specific area. More important than that was finding out certain things about the nature of Kira's killings.

Yeah Light has a big ego but it was to show who Light is up against. It was not obvious bait; no one could guess it was a decoy or that the real L was so far ahead.