What am I in for?

What am I in for?

Boredom, and I say this a SoL/romancefag.

Salt

Really? Had this on my backlog for a while, is it worth checking out just to have an opinion?

shit ending

GUYS!

VISUAL NOVEL REFERENCE!

The parts covered by the anime are pretty great. A SoL/romancefag might consider it boring, because it is a comedy more than a SoL or romance show.

If you're unspoiled still, I'd say you're in for a good ride. May want to check out the manga as well after.

Shit ending. better go an read the manga.

Idk I actually just watched 8 or 9 episodes like 2 nights ago and got kinda bored

Pretty funny at times
Worth a watch

>What am I in for?
A decent parody of romance visual novels that manages to have some genuinely enjoyable high points.

Just be aware that it has a "monster of the week" vibe going for it (just replace monster with girl to be romanced) and that the focus is often more on that week's girl than the MC.

At least for Season 1. Season 2 decided to skip some plot development (that got added to mix up the story format and give it an overarching plot) even though they kinda made an OVA to serve as stop-gap explanation of the most important points.

You should probably pick up the manga after that until it reaches season 2 territory.

Oh, and be aware, because it actually became a harem manga in its own right later down the ride people got pissed off that the blandest girl got the guy (like is always the case with harem manga).

You can make your own guesses who that girl was as you get on with the story.

I watched it 3 times and read the manga. Its awesome imo.

Cheers guys

Season 3 dials it up to 11.

>10/10 protag
>Cute girls
>Good Humor
>Read the Manga Ending to season 2
>Read the Manga ending after season 3

they actually skip a lot of important shit between 2/3. Its fucking weird.

>blandest girl
This is what Ayumifags actually believe.

> blandest girl
only if you've got shit taste.

I can't read what this is. Which show is this?

While I am at it, I'll add that despite its limited budget the animation studio managed to do some very tasteful scenes marrying audio and visuals and the soundtrack knew how to play to the whole "the MC is a 'god' of making a girl's heart at ease in a romantic way"

Just be aware that you'll get more of the SHAFT treatment of powerpoint presentations rather than high-quality battle action

Ayumi is second blandest. Only followed by Tenri.

Any of the other girls I found about equally interesting.

>only if you've got shit taste.
I didn't route for any particular girl but I found both Chihiro and Ayumi very bland.
Particularly ironic given Chihiro was described by the author himself to be basically an upgraded background character with no actual personality, which is, I guess, what makes her the perfect final waifu based on many other harem series (or subplots) I have seen ending up with the least interesting girl (the Tenchiverse being an actually refreshing take despite its age given they just decide to run with the harem end).

First season is fun.

>background character
The story goes out of it's way to prove this premise wrong and it's integrally tied with Keima's character development.
Come on man. She definitely didn't win because she was the "perfect final waifu" and she isn't the blandest unless you are looking for that.

I'd say give it a watch, I really liked it. Pretty fun show. Remember to watch the OVA's as well, I think they are between season 2 and 3.
If you like it read the manga afterwards.

best girl winning

I HAD SUCCESSFULLY FORGOTTEN THIS SHIT UNTIL NOW

A pretty awesome series
Best episode is the final one of the first season, genuinely one of the best anime episodes I've ever seen

Anime wise it ends perfectly.
FOr the manga the last arc is not worth it just go read the last chapter it will do the same.

It's my all time favorite show, and I've never played a VN in my life. Really enjoyable story, characters, comedy, music (nobody ever mentions this). Has some of my favorite season ending episodes, just complete pure fun.
Season 1 starts off good with episode one, but IMO the rich girl arc is the worst bit of the show, and the glitchy game filler episode's shtick gets boring by the second rewatch.

You're gonna need to read the manga if you want the full story sadly, and the manga really, really drags when they go back in time. I looked forward to that shit every week, and it went on for an eternity, I was around for all the discussion and I cannot give you one solid plot detail about the entire part.

But back onto the music, holy shit why does nobody talk about it? The OP's and ED's are outstanding, and the BGM is fucking phenomenal, and we have 3 SEASONS of it. Not to mention the character songs, kanon stuff, it's amazing. Seriously one of the best anime soundtracks of all time.