Why the fuck has there never been a serial anime about ww2 fighter combat? It's the perfect setting for an anime...

Why the fuck has there never been a serial anime about ww2 fighter combat? It's the perfect setting for an anime, what with the charismatic and varied fighter pilot personalities, the air combat, the rivalry of enemy and ally combat pilots. It's basically an anime waiting to happen.

And no politics or propaganda even need be involved in an anime about ww2 fighter combat. It's just two pilots going at it, their race and nationality is irrelevant.

It would be the perfect character driven, perfect battle, perfect muh honorable warrior, perfect everything to be made into an anime yet it's left pretty much completely untouched.

Other urls found in this thread:

anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4286
anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4287
anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5484
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah

> Strike witches

Same reason there are no anime dealing with other eras of history in a grounded, serious way.

Nips don't want to see it and it doesn't sell.

I'm just so fucking surprised that with their boner for honorable warriors, over the top characters, and people piloting cool machines, that they never made an anime about ww2 fighter combat.

It could take all the good traits of many genres of anime, and roll them all into one great thing. It's basically an easy bake oven for a masterpiece.

It doesn't have to be a warfare slog like any other war based anime would be, it would basically be like a mecha series, but with ww2 planes instead of mecha. Fuck, you can even have the mid-season frame upgrade. It doesn't have to deal seriously with the war front on the large scale, it would be about the individual battles between fighter pilots.

They should just either make Girls und Luftwaffe or the anime version of Top Gun.

All of their fighter pilots killed themselves.

>And no politics or propaganda even need be involved in an anime about ww2 fighter combat. It's just two pilots going at it, their race and nationality is irrelevant.
That's not how it worked back then or now user.

Also fuck bitch ass World War II, I'm tired of this shit. Go, World War I or nothing at all.

If you've ever read the personal accounts of fighter pilots, they saw themselves as heros in some story. They were basically chuuni, but in real life. The way they talk about their opponents, the way they describe their aircraft and their flying techniques.

>WW1

Fuck that shit. The peak of aviation fighting and dogfighting for planes was in WW2.

WWI was the revolution of air combat, gassing enemies. It is the greatest of the great of aviation history and dog fighting.

WWII shill go.

WW1 is cool, but WW2 is where it's at. In fact, most air/space combat in movies TV, and anime is based off of WW2 air combat.

WW2 is the most overplayed fucking conflict in the entirety of popular culture.
If you want muh close up gun fights, you can try the Korean War.

You couldn't even pull off high acceleration dogfighting tactics back then. It's like comparing wheelchairs to rally cars.

>Not Shown: The Ta-152 getting shot down by a spacefire that pops into existence a moment later

Awesome monoplanes > Shitty biplanes

The advance of tactics and technology in WW2 literally make the fighting in WW1 look like nothing in comparison to the aerial combat of WW2

It's Spitfire you inbred moron

Don't fucking misname it

But the Korean War hasn't come to an end yet, user senpai.

We can always go Vietnam Conflict for the US, lot of bombing campaigns in NV.

WW1 air combat is like when you have a black screen and a slash to represent someone cutting with a sword.

WW2 air combat is like a high budget over the top fight scene with no expenses spared

Not that the first one can't be done with skill, but you can only do it once before it gets stale.

Fine, pre-ceasfire Korean War.

Regardless, I've seen so many anime and manga about WW2 or an alternate history WW2 or even a fictional conflict that's pretty much WW2 that its gotten boring.

Plus, the Korean War had this beauty.

Yeah but I'm talking about WW2 air combat. That's a completely different universe from what the rest of WW2 fiction, and real life, was like.

I do like the korean and vietnam war for their planes though.

Everybody loves WWII due to it being the biggest conflict across the world, and most recent/destructive for everybody.

WWI imo is better than WWI especially considering how it started out with Serbia starting shit with Bosnian terrorist and rise of nationalism, and showing the destructive power of industrialized/new weaponry once seen in the US Civil War.

Everyone knows it gramps, but due to a sertain mmo where Spitfire mark 9 (and some mk14's) has climbrate of 26m/s sea level, and so it got a nickname of Spacefire as it is able to get to 7-8k before any other plane on its battle rating (as well as low stalling speed that make it look like a helicopter in vertical dogfights)

I'd much rather see a series about modern pilots in cutting edge planes, but that's just me.
You could also work in some cute girl that don't feel totally out of place if you make them cool enough.

I'm just fatigued from WW2 in general.
That too.
I basically love anything to do with jets though.

>Modern pilots in cutting edge planes
But, user all you're going to get is them raping the shit out of old 70-90's planes like its nothing. (If its a 1st world power using them)

801 T.T.S. Airbats
Third Aerial Girls Squad
Strike Witches

That's sad.
I wish we had a "Only old men are going to battle" remake or some memoirs adaptation.
Russians call they spitroosters or gayfires.

But that would actually be a pretty good way to justify why our hero characters are able to mow through 30 enemy combatants like it's nothing.

Why does it have to reflect reality?
You can have modern pilots in cutting edge jets face each other.
>strike witches
They don't pilot cutting edge jet fighters last I heard.

>he doesn't want these subbed
anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4286
anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4287
anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5484

Sounds terrible.

>Autism the comment.

But really, having one superior attribute in your plane gives it ability to teleport behind enemies while being invisible to eye and radar.

Of course Rheindars would still dodge everything.

so basically Strike Witches?

>anyone should call the spitfire my meme Sup Forums name
fucck off to your containment board

Name 10.

Post planefus.

That fucking climb. Normally it's the 190 sitting at altitude diving on planes below.

>not su-27

Disgusting

Maybe they don't they think the European fronts would attract a large enough audience, and the Pacific front risks glorifying shit they're reviled the world over for.

Just look at the controversy Kaze Tachinu brought without even being about air combat.

There has, you are just too much of a new faggot to realize it

>controversy
If you mean "butthurt burgers with a CI in the single digits calling a plane designer "war criminal"", then sure. Meanwhile, the rest of the world (burgers that weren't butthurt because they had a CI above single digits, and non-burgers) were enjoying the movie. Caproni best designer.

>CI
*IQ
gomen

I don't like to label discussion as belonging to this group or that group on a board without flags.

>I judge things validity based upon the nationality of who's saying them
Fuck off, Sup Forums

That isn't what he is saying captain single digit CI.

I respect all races and nationalities except Australians

Is this going to be a new meme?

>Macross Zero
What a pile of shit.

This

Japan doesn't want to relive the horrors of their own personal One Year War.

After they colony dropped Pearl Harbor they thought they had won the war, but they missed sinking America's White Base and suddenly America had the Gundam and beat back the Japanese Zeon.

Only this time the Solar Ray worked and was fired twice.