Otoyomegatari 59

Short new chapter out. More Pariya/Umar shenanigans.

Other urls found in this thread:

bato.to/forums/topic/21409-romanticizing-ownership-of-women
exhentai.org/g/975122/f17ecb344f/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

POST IT.

Honor killings when?

THAT APPLE THING IS CUTE.

Well, now that Pariya's shenanigans are over for now, i hope they return to Karluk and Amir.

Just get married already!

Such adorable sexual deviancy, almost makes you not want to stone them to death.

Very short chapter this time but anytime Pariya is being cute is a good day.

I've always been conflicted about this manga, on one hand the artwork is great and the women are cute. But on the other, I don't like the way the women are treated. Tomboys are free-range, you can't coop them up inside a small room all day.

Are they Muslim, or Tengri?

Pariya has to work on her sewing for the wedding. She has no time to be free-range.

Muslims, looking at how they panic seeing Amira walking around in underwear.

Pariya is adorable.

Pariya promised Umar that she would be done in 4 years, so she has no time to wander around outside.

Then what's Amira then?

They almost brought shame to their parents!

THEY KISSED ! FOR FUCK SAKE THEY KISSED !

I kinda hope we return to the brit getting his waifu.

STONES

Every able bodied man bring stones to the village entrance

He'll probably be the last to get married.

/ss/ with Amira when ? The girl is thirsty as fuck, give her the D Karluk.

Jesus fuck, this series is so incredibly cute. Probably the biggest sugar rush I ever get, next to any Yotsuba chapters.

Why are the fathers even bringing this up? It's not like this couple had any objections to the two kids being friendly towards each other? Granted they are not siblings but even then was the situation really that weird.

They have clean their names, a girl and a boy not related and in age of marriage being out together alone isn't something respectable. Pariya would be seen as some kind of slut and her father as a weak man since he wasn't able to raise his daughter correctly.

It's becoming more and more apparent that the author is going out of his way to make ownership of women as though it were a good or at least acceptable thing.

Every story Arc save one has said this, and even that is related to such.
1. Dispute over ownership of a women with claims of ownership being that of marriage verses blood.
2. Side story of relative facing the unacceptable possibility of being older and not married, and their efforts to get her a husband.
3. Story about even the remotest of connections of a man in a womans life, meaning ownership of that women. Despite the man being only related by marriage to a ex-mother in law,(which is a exceedingly slim connection) he was able to decide who she was to marry and not marry, she was still his property, because he was a man, and she was a women(aka a thing to be owned). Now this wasn't specifically romanticized, but it was treated as inevitable/natural, the MC Mr Smith giving no effort at all to try to help the women he had agreed to marry and presumably loved.
4. Twins so desperate to get married, they resorted to "tomboyish" (gasp!) pranky behavior in their effort to to get married. Literally trying to catch husbands. Well its resolved when their father sells them off to the sons of his friend.
5. Women can't be with her friend and help her financially unless she gets her husband to marry her as a second wife. She was lonely in her gilded cage after all, and the only option is for another women to be trapped in the cage too, even with the nicest of husbands. (author says, see, polygamy has a good side too, I say, just let her visit her friend and provide her money)

And finally the invasion arc, which isn't directly something that makes ownership of women sound good or natural, but it's very much part of arc 1 which is about ownership of a women.
cont.

The couple probably don't really care enough to judge, but a teenage boy/girl who aren't related/aren't married together alone is pretty inappropriate in that kind of society. The fathers probably just felt awkward about it and didn't want there to be any rumors that there unwed couples screwing around in their village.

Part 2.
You want to say that's only about historical accuracy? I say that's BS, clearly the authors pushing the subject. But even if it were just about historical accuracy, fine, let that part of history burn away and be forgotten. It's a past ugly part of human nature, well it exists nowadays too, but to a lesser degree.

I blame having just woken up for not realizing that. Thanks.

(You)

I too remember that thread on Batoto. It was shit and OP was a massive faggot just like you for posting this here.

Yet he, and his hopefully wife, are the only two who might actually have a future to look forward to once they return to Britannia.

We know you got this from the batoto forums, here's the link
bato.to/forums/topic/21409-romanticizing-ownership-of-women

>his way

And ignored

Thats all well and good except you forget that in this setting the men are equally desperate to get married and have little to no say in who they marry.

Your bringing 2016 first world sensibility to third world 1800s of course everything is gonna seem awful.

What I find the most frightening is this part:
>even if it were just about historical accuracy, fine, let that part of history burn away and be forgotten.
One could easily reply that
>Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
But it's more than that, she (I assume a woman wrote that) is basically advocating that freedom of speech be limited so as not to offend some people's delicate sensibilities. We might as well burn all history books then.

> facing the unacceptable possibility of being older and not married, and their efforts to get her a husband.

Because women in those days NEEDED a husband, they needed to have kids early so that they didn't starve in rags when they couldn't work anymore, men did the herding, farming, construction, whatever they did to get money and food, and women took care of the house, whether that was cooking, general upkeep of the house, sewing basically everything they needed, clothes, blankets, mats/wall hangings etc.

If you didn't get a husband and create a family of your own, you would just be a burden on your family, you couldn't screw around in the old days and just stay at home, and you wouldn't have the time nor the skills to live properly by yourself, unless it was on a very small scale ((like the widow and her daughter, barley making a living in the middle of nowhere.))

I wonder what SJWs would react if they knew a lot of Japanese otome games (targeted at 18+ women) contain rape scenes.

>>even if it were just about historical accuracy, fine, let that part of history burn away and be forgotten.
It's the flatout refusal to acknowledge the parts of history that may be uncomfortable that bothers me. By that logic we couldn't have either Roots of Django unchained because both reference Slavery. We lose both a historical dramatization and an action movie because someone out there didn't want to be reminded of American slavery.

*how SJWs would react
Fuck me.

Kind reminds me of that tirade of people who tried to censor manga straight from the source which was replied with female mangaka slinging shit at them.

that's what this chapter is about. The parents were arguing about the wedding, but after this, it will be mandatory.

Is Pariya the best waifu?

>dat second panel
This seies is reaction faces goldmine

That is one delicious apple.

>Implying she can ever be better than Amir "Jesus Christ" Halgal.

Eh, the two kids have already taken a liking to each other, and if Pariya really can get her sewing shit done in four years then they'd be what, 17/19 when the wedding actually happens? Still younger than Amira was.

How old is Pariya anyways?

Yep, they can be actually glad that the whole event had so much visibility. If the events had not been made so well-know, someone was bound to discover anyways and gossip about it.
Now the whole town knows that they were alone for a full day because they were suppossed to run a short errand but went doing "good deeds" instead (something that in their culture and religion is well valued and basically the one only acepted excuse for deviating from normative behaviour) and not "fooling around" like teenagers in heat.

Sauce? Sounds fun.

Oh god
She is so cute
I can't wait till she is full of babies

Huge tips for that guy in that thread that told him off.

You dont understand, user. After the almost-scandal, the parents are almost certain to marry them post-haste instead of waiting 4 years, to avoid a REAL scandal.
Inb4 Amira fast-sweing all the stuff so that may happen.

Delicious /ss/ a best

I doubt it, that town seems like it's very far away, and the situation is already cleared just by them being engaged. The couple didn't really seem to care anyway, they only wanted to thank them, there's no way they'd go and spread rumors about them.

Amira helping out with a majority of the work would also basically ruin the point of the chapters centred on how important it is for Pariya to actually be able to do this stuff on her own.

I have no doubt that Amira and co will help out with the sewing, but Pariya will have to do the majority, and that will still take years.

Why isn't Karluk sexually active ? I was already kissing and groping girls when I was 13.

I kinda think that this arc was a setup for a time-skip.

We'll get a few year timeskip, to see Pariya done with sewing, while Karluk goes into teen mode, with Amira being pregnant or already holding their first kid.

It'd also make sense, since Russia is slowly going there to fuck'em over, and it'll take a few years, so skipping a few years forward makes sense.

Because Karluk isn't a degenerate user. Also he wants to get stronk first.

I think in the past, because of harsher conditions and worse alimentation, puberty hit later.
>I was already kissing and groping girls when I was 13.
r-reee

SInce they didn't make a fuss about the wedding, likely also Muslim (mixed religion weddings back them were a fucking big deal).
Nice how the mangaka has depicted the very different status of the woman in different Islamic countries along the Silk Road, from Amira's clan ('nuff said), to the patrilocal yet reasonably normal situation of most of the story (just look at GOAT Grandma and the huge RESPECT she commands), to the burka-clad women of that persian city (full Taliban mode). It would have been too easy to depict them all s the same, despite being from parts of the world distant from each other.

1) because many perfectly normal 12-olds can't yet get a proper functioning boner even if they can get mini-boners, and plainly he's one of them
2) yeah, sure

What's this manga even about? Just sand dindus being sand dindus?

Muslim. Islam is everything but uniform.

Was the grandma in the right when she killed Amira's father?

He brought war and was planning on starting over again. I'd say it was justifiable.

Tengri does just mean 99 realms ( of the heavens), it's a surviving part of that belief system not a religion of its own. Little information is left of the believes that go with it as the steppe nomads syncretized hard.

He was heavily wounded. He most likely would have died anyway. Also

Why is it finding their helpers so damn important?

Pariya a cute. Cute !

exhentai.org/g/975122/f17ecb344f/

But that wasn't in persia. I think that was India, wasn't it?

To thank them for saving his wife. Saving his wife was important.

>and I will probably publish in mid-november
Stop being so goddamn lazy, man! This chapter has been out for almost a month now ;__;

>I was already kissing and groping girls when I was 13.
Your cousin doesn't count, user.

It's about brides and their story. Duh.

Do not sexualize the Otoyomes! Leave that to Kaoru Mori!

>giving their thanks to the people that saved the wife's life isn't important

I just wish she's sexualize them a bit more...

Amira's oniisan is 2edgy4me

I think he`s pretty badass. Their father was the edgy fag.

don't you mean 2manly4me?

She seems to calm compared to the manga.

He's hot as fuck

We were a class full of horny/inexperienced boys and girl we never got to fucking but we did everyrhing else.

I wanna see him married.

>you will never live in a Kaoru Mori romance
how are you even supposed to go on living?

Don't worry, scandals like this can be resolved with a good ol' shotgun wedding.

too cute