youtube.com/watch?v=Qmrf9AHvI08
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

今日も一日ニガーぞい

>started mining deck 10 days ago
>1300 cards

>OP

じょうようかんじって

こんなに少なかったかなあ

Is it possible to get good listening comprehension just through watching anime with Japanese subs? Or is it absolutely necessary to watch them completely raw?

お疲れ様です

daily zoi thread

>Japanese subs
Completely fine. It's only the English subs you need to watch out for.

you don't have subtitles in real life

I started reading again and it's going okay. But I don't feel like I'm really remembering the words that I have to look up. Should I try doing core 2k? I don't really want to do a mining deck. Is core2k enough and then do the rest from reading?

>I don't really want to do a mining deck.
Then you can't learn Japanese sorry.

It will take like half a decade to remember enough vocabulary from just reading, mining speeds it up considerably.
Core2k is pretty much nothing compared to shit you'll have to remember, and it contains nothing but words that you can actually remember just from reading anyway.

Is the first line basically 'If you have an excuse, I'm not hearing it', in other words 'no excuses'?

>I don't really want to do a mining deck

Why? You kind of have to make one if you plan on using anki for more than a couple thousand words

yeah

Yes, also Ark dies in the end

why

Anons, I'd like to post the questions/comments that other anons have left on the site feedback page, answer them here and also get further input on these questions, if you don't mind. Due to size it is going to split over multiple posts. Hope it doesn't come across as spam.

I'm just messing with you, all I remember from this game is that the dude is called Ark.

Shouldn't joke about that kind of thing bro, that's not cool

>reinstate public view of feedback queue
The public view of the feedback queue, for both the site and for the DoJG site/deck QC link. I will be honest and admit that I wasn't even aware that the links for these pages were topsy-turvy, and to make matters worse it appears that I fucked up somewhere with the feedback page as the responses were not being forwarded to my email.
This has been fixed and you can now edit your posts, as well as see the other posts, etc. after submitting a post. There is another option that allows for limiting to one response at a time, I think, but it requires the user to sign in and I don't think having to have a google account just to leave feedback is very productive.
The default for both page links now is to go directly the the feedback spreadsheets, of which have links to the feedback forms. That is: I fixed my fuck up there and everything is back to normal. Sorry about that.

>The changes to the hub are nice but I can't really update the guide any more. The main guide was mostly static lately but I still make regular updates to the Resources page.
I am assuming this is the guide user. Hey user, please don't worry about that. You keep on doing your thing and I'll update the guide and resources periodically as you update the main page. I scanned through the pages and didn't notice any differences, meaning the current pages should be current as yours. Point out anything overlooked.
Oh, one note on the resources page: there were one or two website links which have since become defunct and return a dead page. One of them was a site for streaming Japanese TV and I think the other one may have been the link to that large Japanese language learners torrent, which was linked on pirate bay, or was it KAT? either way, both sites are now down. Is there a magnet link or otherwise reliable link for that torrent floating around?

>link feedback from CoR
The CoR and Reading list now have direct links to the feedback page.
That was a pretty stupid oversight on my behalf.

>people associate red links with "linking to a page that doesn't exist" because wikipedia
Changed the colour to blue.

>Delete the static sheet for the reading list. Why does it even exist in the first place
Not entirely sure what is being requested here. Delete the reading list itself or just the static page? The html version of the page has everything from the main page plus the unsorted entries from the dynamic page at the bottom.
Would you mind further explaining what you are after?

>It would be great to have some information on finding ways to talk to native Japanese. Especially speaking to them.
Time for the socialite LINEfags to shine, I guess. Can someone fill this user in with something useful in this regard? My idea of talking to Japanese people online is more along the lines of 双葉、but I don't think that's what user has in mind. Would anyone mind writing up a little bit on their more normalfag social stuff in respect to Japanese, so that it can be passed along to the user looking after the Resource guide and added to the html version of the page in the meanwhile?

>Could the grammar references for the basic DOJG be sorted according to frequency of use. So の、は、が and other fundamental particles be placed near the top? Or shit, optional sorting schemes of classification for all levels according to the relationship the expressions and particles have with each other. So you have a drop down bar and can sort by function.
That sounds like a useful idea. However, something I'd be looking to implement after finishing off converting the note images to text (in the middle of sorting out putting the Basic page notes together, they should have been all online a day or two ago but shit happened) and after the user who is working on checking typo errors in the main entry sentences to post his data, so it can be updated.
After that is done and the main content is fully digitised, I'm looking to merge the content into more of a singular page type deal, a bit like the Cornucopia of resources. That would probably end up being part of the offline package and not the live site, simple due to the page itself would be larger and may lag a bit, which wouldn't be an issue for the offline version loaded into the browser locally.
Not sure I've mentioned it but I'm definitely also adding a master index for all the concepts, so they can be all seen together and linked directly.

That's everything brought up.
What else?

phew, good to know
i'm not the user who posted that screenshot, but i was planning on playing that game sometime

regardless, maybe now you've learned not to carelessly mouse over spoiler tags

アンキはめんどくさいね

from the few panels i've seen of this manga and anime/eyecatch posts from imouto, its slowly cultivated a feeling of dread, and that last panel there is quite mortifying

nothing to do with imouto's posts of course but god damm these little girls are creepy

i don't think that really matters, if someone wants to spoil something "for teh lols xdddd" , most of the time they won't bother with spoiler tags

>but god damm these little girls are creepy
That's the first time I've ever read someone describe that Mashimaro's as creepy.
I mean, they're adorable; the whole manga is really adorable.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qmrf9AHvI08
Day 8 guys. You can do it if you try!

He must live in a house haunted by ghost lolis

いいなぁ~

if you say so man...i'll try and read it after finishing the easy stuff

100-Day Jouyou Kanji Challenge when?

anyone know where I can get old JLPT test papers?

The audience JapanesePod's aiming for would give up on that after the first day

>first ten seconds ad for own website
>"Hello I'm your host"
>stupid mnemonics
>anki session in the video
>"GREAT JOB"
>advertisements at the end again

You sound like a 憤慨

>not using ad block
end your suffering, heathen

you're retarded

a retard managed to install adblock and you didnt? say..

oh wow you're retarded too
I'm not saying you have to give them views but you could at least open the video for a bit before commenting

>Nihongo Sou Matone N1 Dokkai
>titles and explanations in Chinese

If you're N1 level why the fuck would you need translations

>I'm not saying you have to give them views
i dont have to give anyone views, you fucking cum guzzling cock munching turboqueer

use helium, it's painless

いいな、うらやましい

Because people who buy the books may not be at N1?

Goddammit FUCK are you telling me I'm learning Japanese just so I can get furious at shitty troll posts like this one?? I'm literally all sweat and heavy breaths right now. I really hope this doesn't mess with my retention during my upcoming anki sesh.

Thanks for reading my post

>死以外だと必ず経験出来る事に限られる

Particles are hard... what does this mean?

>be retarded
>use google translate to type
>type ううん
>look at the translation
>it decided by itself that i meant うん for no reason at all
how is this possible
i know i'm the one to blame for actually using this thing but

you said it yourself. you're retarded

something 出来ない about 死

Don't question the botnet, user.

What the fuck is wrong with you

>Going on google translate to see what the translation of ううん is

...Why?

Why are you getting furious? That's completely normal.

If it's something other than death, it is something you can experience

Context?

limited to things you can experience besides dying

It is true that as you learn the language and communicate more with Japs and learn about Japan you lose the illusion all weebs have about Japanese girls being any more pure than Western sluts

But is that really a bad thing? Recently I've come to terms to it and feel like I've become a stronger person as result.

Don't you know him?

But they're using it to study at N1 level. Why would you read it if you're not there yet?

Any reason why the same word is written two different ways in the same line here?

Are you retarded? You use the books to pass the N1.

Stop making up arbitrary terms like "N1 level". Signing up for the N1 does not mean you are "N1 level", The only thing that matters is that certificate telling you whether you passed or failed.

Repetition makes bad prosa.

he pressed space +-1 time

If you're studying for N1 you should be able to read explanations in Japanese, is all I'm saying.

Google translate is the easiest website to quickly enter Japanese and get a rough translation/let you use Rikai without needing to change your typing language to Japanese.

>ここには何か話しっていいの?
Is this a good way to say "what should we talk about in here?"
Not "should" in the sense of necessity (べき/はず) but just asking for topics.

>You keep on doing your thing and I'll update the guide and resources periodically as you update the main page.

Thanks. I just updated the Kodansha Kanji Learner's Course entry on the Resources page, You might also want to add the new scan of that to the CoR.

how can like two key presses be so difficult that someone takes a roundabout path like that?

By the way, you don't need to check, I'll let you know if I make any significant change.

>everyone's setup is the same as mine

Do you have to do a handstand and knock your feet together three times to turn on your IME?

It takes me about a second to open it in a new tab, once there I also have the option of drawing the kanji if I don't know the spelling.

All on the one page and it just works.

>聲

Fucking hipsters

In my case it's:

IME: 3-5 key presses (depending on what kana is needed) and finding a text box to type in.
Google: 5 key presses.

ここに何の話をすればいいのかな~

I usually use the reply box in this thread if I want to rikai over something

ここで何をはなせばいいんだろう?

You should say 俺たち話そうぜ so you don't sound like a fag

>ぜ
>so you don't sound like a fag

yeah because using の makes you sound so masculine amirite

この俺様のおならを嗅げくそ野郎

GOD DAMN IT. I discovered niihongonomori videos and I wanna be a beginner again just so I can waste time watching that Ekubo girl teach me the basics. She a cutie.

Anyways I'm frustrated. I only have enough time in the day to devote to anki and reading, and my grammar study is nonexistent. I don't wanna give up reading, since I get the most out of it, but it feels like I need to take a break to brush up on some intermediate level stuff. Frustrating.

You know it's very boring to ironically shitpost in Japanese pretending you're a stereotypical dumb tough guy, think of a new shtick or just don't post

First, it's 話して, not って. That sounds like you're asking "is it okay if we talk about something here?"

>12 year old that does nothing but talk about shit and farts all the time commenting on masculinity

I'll decide what's boring and what isn't thank you very much

This one has 耳 in it, unlike just 声, so it better fits the theme.

Woah why didn't anyone tell me there were キノの旅 VNs?

How important are production cards in comparison to recognition cards? By production I mean writing out the kanji on paper, instead of writing/pronouncing the kana
機械 This word is easy on a recognition card, but I probably couldnt produce it given just the english translation

It's a lot harder, but helps retention a lot more

DON'T SRS PRODUCTION
It's retarded and not viable in the long run.
If you want to write pick some paragraph and write it down every day and find some nip pen pals to talk to.

Grammar is so hard, I just don't get it!

What did tk mean by this? How do I add 「です」 to nouns/substituted nouns?

I don't know that feel but I want to cry along with you.
>MUH GRAMMAR!!

これはペンです
これはペンなのです

Adding in the sense of append.
Is English not your first language?

ううん/うん are no and yes? Why the fuck. Imagine if in english yees meant no, and yes meant yes. What the fuck Japan. Fuck you.