So, Sup Forums, what's your screen's refresh rate?

So, Sup Forums, what's your screen's refresh rate?

I just switched from 60 to 75, and while there isn't much of a difference during normal web browsing, there is a a difference when watching anime. I have an old computer running on integrated graphics, and somehow, the screen tearing and the occasional stutters are gone (or barely noticeable)

>tfw my screnn can't go over 60
JUST

Just buy a new one.

Currently, it's 75Hz, and I could make it 85 Hz if I unchecked this box, but the disclaimer scares me - I don't want to break anything.

>the screen tearing and the occasional stutters are gone
What? Are you using VLC or some shit? Never happened to me on my 60fps monitor

>old computer running on integrated graphics

This happened on every player I used. I even tried VLC (the taboo player) at one point, but it was no good. mpv delivered the best result at the time, though.

Did you not add vo=opengl:interpolation to your config?

I was using direct3d because of my old-ass integrated graphics, though. Does it have an interpolation setting?

144Hz
As far as watching anime goes I don't see much difference from the 85Hz monitor that I was using before.

144hz
it's ok I guess

Reminder to keep your refresh rate a multiple of 24 to keep the time between frames consistently even.

Two 60 Hz IPS monitors.
I don't give a flying fuck about the refresh rate desu.
No stuttering or lag as far as I can perceive.

Well, I did say my computer was old. On a newer computer there won't be any difference.

Fuck knows, my laptop is like 4 years old.

My computer is 10.

My computer is nine. The prefect age for a first fuck from my niece.

It was at a hot spring in the woods and she thought it was better than school.

I just use cyber link power dvd 7 to play rverything.

144hz but I also have 60hz monitors.

Refresh rate doesn't mean jack shit as long as the refresh rate itself is a number you can obtain by multiplying 24 with an even number. So in that sense, 144hz would be better than 60hz for anime, but either way all you have to do is to set the display to 24hz.

I watch anime on my TV with Kodi anyway which has the option to adjust the screen's refresh rate to the same as the video which makes it butter smooth anyway. It's the best solution.

Are you guys watching anime on a freaking lcd monitor? Wtf?

>niece

Damn, I'm jealous. I had a similar encounter a few years later (11y/o), but with a childhood friend. We didn't fuck, but jesus christ was she a tease.
We were at a somewhat secluded beach (it wasn't that far for us, but people visited the "main" beach. There wasn't really a difference between the water, or the sand quality, but people didn't go there for some reason.
Anyway, we had both going to that beach together with a couple of her girlfriends; we had talked about it a couple of days ago. I have never felt more out of place in my life (and I still haven't). I mean, a single boy at a beach with 4 other girls, in their bikinis? My heart was beating like crazy seeing them like that. I was also overly conscious at first, especially about their gazes on my body. Where are they looking? What if they see my semi-erect dick? How will they react?

All those worries went away in a minute, when we started talking like usual. They didn't care about a boy like me seeing them half-nude, in fact, they appeared like they were okay with it. I sometimes looked at their slender figures when I was in the sea. I admired them from a distance and kinda regretted not being born a girl.

If only it was that simple. All monitors are shit, one way or the other. TN panels have good refresh rates but the colours look horrible. IPS has good colours but only a handful of models can go over 60 Hz and the manufacturers tend to skip QC so you end up with terrible backlight bleeding. Also, my current screen is 2560*1600 but most modern screens only have 1440p, so that would be a downgrade. 4k exists but seems to still have some problems and can't run with more than 60 Hz anyway.

IPS has good colours but only a handful of models can go over 60 Hz and the manufacturers tend to skip QC so you end up with terrible backlight bleeding.
Get a PG279Q or the new EIZO monitor on 144hz with IPS. Asus have a very nice warranty letting you replace basically any monitor until you get one without any problems.

I have a PG279Q without any backlight bleeding and it's probably the best monitor I've owned.

I nearly did when it was released, but didn't because of reports of non-existent QC. When did you buy yours? I heard they got most of the problems sorted out around March and everything produced after that date is fine for the most part now.

this.

Bought it when it was first released actually. I just got really lucky, I guess.

Mine can go to 144 but I don't go over 60 except when I'm playing games, the screen tearing is so annoying if I stay at 144hz all the time.

144Hz
:^)
I don't notice a difference in animation quality since it runs at 24fps