Storytime: Konjiki no Gash!! AKA Zatch Bell: Volume 9

Continuing my dump of Gash bell.

Gash bell is a Shonen action/comedy series by Makoto Raiku. The basic plot premise is that there are 100 kids from the demon world who come into the normal world to fight until only 1 is left standing, who is crowned king;

I'll be making a thread every day (can't give a specific consistent time of day yet due to IRL bullshit) and will post 1 volume every day until the whole run is posted.

Opening 1: youtube.com/watch?v=I0Ir4LL9Bkc

Previous threads:
Volume 1: Volume 2: Volume 3: Volume 4: Volume 5: Volume 6: Volume 7: Volume 8:

Other urls found in this thread:

n-u-l-l.net/
ebay.com/usr/japan-ssdyuk?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754
nospoiler.com/y/D7GWqhsbypI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>FAQ:

>Why should I be interested?
It has really fantastic art, good humor, great tactical fight's with great choreography and is really excellent at utilizing both positive and negative emotions for FEELS; admittedly the series is a little rough untill arc 2 rolls around where all the above really shines; the art in particular.

>Where are your scans from?
NULL's release. their site is here: n-u-l-l.net/ and they can also be found on bato.to and mangasaurus. EBJ has superior digital volumes for sale on their site, but they are japanese only, I'll be buying and ripping them eventually. There's also some really amazing quality Portuguese scans, but only for like 20 chapters halfway into the series, and, you know, aren't in english.

A-Destiny has really amazingly high res scans in english for the last 3 volumes, but they aren't publically available anywhere right now other then the last 3 volumes as jpgs on otakusmash, and the translation is generally nost as good as NUll's I feel in most cases. They also have 18-30, but thye quality isn't much better then Null's and the translation is still iffy.

>Isn't Zatch bell that kiddy pokemon ripoff?
You probably saw the localized anime. The anime is pretty not great, and the localization is fucking terrible. The manga is way better, but even it admittedly starts out only above average untill it gets into the second arc.

I encourage you to post and respond to stuff as i'm dumping pages. It's far more fun for me while dumping if I see other people reacting to stuff that's happening and there' conversations I can reply to.

HOWEVER, please do not post images till I finish so the image limit isn't hit before then, and use your judgement for how often you post/how long what you are posting is. Don't overdo it.

DON'T POST SPOILERS (IE ANYTHING PAST THE CURRENT DUMPED PAGE OF THE CURRENT VOLUME) OUTSIDE OF SPOILER TAGS

user with the databooks here. I'm busy with school / work, so I won't be able to get to pics until Friday. They're both 200+ pages long though (longer than a manga volume), so I'm obviously not going to take pictures of the entirety of them, but I'll see what I find interesting. (I'll say now that the first one definitely looks like it has a lot more interesting information.)

I would definitely appreciate the translation help, since I've had these for a while and it's kinda sucked that I've had these sitting on my bookshelves without being able to read them.

Some great reaction faces on these pages

How much did you buy them for? Do you know if any place still sells them? I'll probably end up buying them when i buy the digital volumes if I can still get them/comission someboddy to scan and translate it for me

whoops forgot to post a page with this post

Looking back at my purchase history, I paid $4.80 each for both books, not counting shipping.

holy shit that's cheap. How much was shipping? Where'd you buy it from?

Shipping was $9.60 since it was from Japan and it was from this person on eBay

ebay.com/usr/japan-ssdyuk?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

This fight is actually pretty decent in the anime, so here's a link in case anybody wants to see it:

nospoiler.com/y/D7GWqhsbypI

The title technically spoils the Gash lookalike's name, but it gets revealed in a few pages anyways, so...

Here's for the guy who asked "why doesn''t ropes just stab niggas with the hooks" a few threads ago

I still think it's bullshit that two unrelated characters have two unrelated psychic abilities that allow them to predict and find soluiions to attacks in a series where psychic stuff isn't the focus

"Giga" here is actually supposed to be "Jiga".

This page both intrigues me and pisses me off so much.

Why was Dufoux getting a hotdog from a hotdog stand? Why did Raiku think this would be a good way to introduce one of the most important and powerful book owners in the series? Then there's this asshole Zeon calling his partner over for battle. Did he even get to finish eating the hotdog that he literally just purchased before the fight?

Maybe he was just hungry?

3edgy5me

Not even Zophise was that much of a dick.

douchebag kiyomaro best kiyomaro

Pears are a shit tier fruit

Coconut > Watermelon > Pineapple > Plums > Oranges > Honeydew > Cantaloupe > Apples > Cherries > Grapes > Bannanas > Blueberries > Peaches > Strawberries > Pears > Raspberries > Blackberries

fite me

Too much erries.

English is a shit tier languange

Okay for peeps who reading for the first time what's your theory for the "gash look alike"?

god dammit zeon. also roppes and apollo jobbed as fuck.

kiyomaru is such a great protagonist.

>strawberries and peaches that low
>kiwi's not even rated
shit tier list to be honest famalam

>wife sure is fat

Wow what a dick.

Ah, kiwi's go above bannana's but below grapes

God I love this glorious son of a bitch

Kiyo's anger here in hindsight is hilarious when you realize that he's swearing to beat the shit out of someone that eventually lives at his house with him for nearly a year.

>That fucking jump
I'm dying

He just instantly blames another student. Amazing

What is even going on

She's so sweet.