Why is yuri harem such an underrepresented genre?

Why is yuri harem such an underrepresented genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nqKtzrCbiLc
dynasty-scans.com/series/tachibanakan_tolie_triangle
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because it goes against the concept of pure yuri.

because its a sub-genre of a sub-genre

Romance>Yuri>Harem-Yuri.

Plus Harems are really only around for male power fantasies.

Needs more sex.

There's not much yuri to begin with and there's not much reason to have one girl at the center of affection instead of a more complicated arrangement of potential ships between the characters

Has it ever been done well?
I have problems thinking of how the MC would be constructed to become a harem protag since typically they are some level of awkward/beta around their harem members.

As yuri becomes more mainstream and the bottom of the het-harem barrel gets harder to scrape every season, the dawn of the yuri harem is surely nearly upon us

Think Kampfer but with the MC not being a gender-swapped man for an example of what a good yuri harem could be like. Since "he" spent 90% of that show as a girl anyway it basically already is a yuri harem

It also needs a superhigh level of obtuseness from the MC who simply cannot recognize the obvious attraction of the harem-girls towards him, or in this case about yuri-harem, her.
This is what makes most harem shows frustrating.
But with no retardation (in this case, I don't mean being retarded, but the element of slowing the story down), the show would be over too fast.
Then again, hilariously enough, the way most of the writers of harem shows try to drag harem stories out is to make the MC retarded.
What would be superfrustrating when watching males do it (dude, fuck those girls who lust after your dick already) might actually work with girls being lusted after by girls because of the funny lesbian-archetypes.

There's a yuri harem airing this season.

Because yuri fans either want cute pure girls or drama fest with suffering, neither works with a harem.

Alma and Ele are only friends with Saya, and Stella considers her her second mum.

Definitely needs Saya-fugging-all-the-grillz. Or at least having it heavily implied like the incest-gurlz.

Because that's too degenerate for even the nips to like.

This.

And why the fuck should we give two shits what "yuri fans" want? There's no need to appeal to traditional yuri sensibilities when yuri harem is a subset of the wider harem genre, not the yuri genre.

Taroumaru of the dead.

I was hoping Cross Ange was going to be a yuri harem, but then it turned to dog shit.

Because you can barely tell who is supposed to be the protagonist in that situation.

Heck, that looks less of a harem and more of a aftermatch of lesbian orgy.

The look on the redhead's face is fucking killing me.
>Awww yeahhh, long as I got muh bitches, I don't need nothing else, just macking and relaxing

Are there a lot of yaoi harems? I think it's because people who interested in those genres aren't in there for self-inserting but for relationships. Any cute girls doing cute things show can suffice as shipping bait which harem essentially is.

Is this actually a yuri harem?
also source because google and wait doesn't give me anything.

Why exactly can't guys self-insert as the MC in a yuri harem? Yuri doesn't just appeal to lesbians you know

Murcielago does a good job with yuri harem shit it has.

Apparently, it's OniAi according to my gugure-sensei.

>also source because google and wait doesn't give me anything.
Have you tried searching the thumbnail?

It's OniAi

It's not a yuri harem but that character is bi and wants a yuri harem

You can self-insert into whatever you want, I'm just saying that most yurifans won't do it because they care about couples not waifus.

Okay sure, but what point are you trying to make here? Who cares if yuri fans don't like it, they're such a tiny niche market their option can be ignored.

Why would they make it a yuri harem then? A regular should be enough.

Is the normal anime as turbolewd as the specials make it look like?

Because regular harem has been done to death, and making it a yuri gives us another cute girl to watch.

Here's the OP, decide for yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=nqKtzrCbiLc

My interest has been piqued.

>LN translations never

I'd say it's up there with Highschool DxD for being borderline hentai

Why would you care about dense bluehead when there's far superior Kaede?

Dense bluehead will be lady Kaede's bitch in no time.

In the replies, you can see some names of those characters being dropped.
Try to search for them on google by putting all the names on the search field. Some of the links will lead you to MyAnimeList where this anime is indeed listed, others on fireden-archive where it shows the name of the show being discussed on Sup Forums.

I can also help you further by adding that one of the girls is named Elel, and not just Ele.

Harems in general are dying, I don't see why would you try it with something kinda niche as yuri

If Saya was a guy you'd just be calling him dense

dynasty-scans.com/series/tachibanakan_tolie_triangle

Soon

because it's shit

>Alma
>just friends
Certainly not.

Really?
There are always some each season.

It's a triangle though.

Yeah but they have been thinning out lately, at least that's my impression

Because Yuri is wrong.

Lesbians are not cute, nor sexy.

The Yuri Renaissance will come again soon my friend.

Fujoshits shall be feared of it's return

I think the other user was talking about harem series in general, not yuri.

>fujoshits hate yuri

>all the retarded yurifags who are going to pick up yuri on ice

it objectifies women and thrives on lesbianism to give males pleasure

>The Yuri Renaissance will come again soon my friend.
>Fujoshits shall be feared of it's return

Errr actually, I think those two can and will co-exist with each other

It's hetero haremshit that's in trouble

Isekai is the new harem user

Because dykes are fucking disgusting.

Fujos don't give a shit about yuri, since they're by definition interested in shows featuring hot d00dz. They want to see guys doing hot and cute stuff for female pleasure.

The one demographic that yuridanishis must always fear and bow before like brave little peons are male hetero waifufags, who outnumber them by a bajillion to one.

I have a feeling you really have to go out of your way to hate two women making out

2D is not gay dude.

*adorable

Are you watching that fudanshi short?

>tfw it faded to black before I could get a good screencap

Because the beta faggots that watch ths shit can't self insert as a girl

You make no sense. All the animu and mango dykes I've seen so far are adorable and/or hot.
Because you might not possibly be talking about 3DPD, unless you're some kind of normalfag who cares about that stuff.

I like harem because I can self insert at least at a subconscious level. I don't like Yuri (at least not in the same way) because I can't. Yuri harem would have the same problem.

Yuri is fine. Being a yurifag is okay as long as they also respect normal waifufags lusting over the cute girls.

Being an annoying /u/-tard who whines about the existence of any male at all and repeating that fact over and over again is when people start drawing the line and pushing back.
That's when they must go back to the red board and stay out.

Man I've seen people calling the girls in Yuru Yuri of all things straight, and entire threads destroyed by people complaining about yuri while we only posted a piece of fanart, we really aren't the only ones to blame

>Pick any harem
>Replace MC with a female version
>Personality and everything else stays the same

Tell me it wouldn't work. Harem MCs are so one dimensional replacing them with a potato would work.

There's a picture like that but it's with a walking dick instead, also it features Dante from the Devil May Cry series

There are more good yuri harems than normal harems.

Koihime was great and got 3 seasons + few OVA.

It's funny because generic harem VN's that replaced the male with a girl did much better than standard adaptations.

You can move frame by frame in MPC.

Keijou!!!!!! is coming out soon OP dont worry we've gotten 1 yuri harem every year since mai hime

But it starts fading before it even gets to the top

I don't think you know what harem means, also Mai-hime only had ShizNat

In most cases, standard het harems are bad enough. Harem is just a terrible genre in general.

You can take multiple screenshots, connect them in Photoshop, and adjust brightness accordingly.

TL;DR: autism

How is it no one has mentioned Iono-sama yet?

I need more yuri harems.

Yurifags have a hard time for now on Sup Forums because of Mugino, other shitposters who make bait threads and then exalt the virtue of a male-less society and going on for hundreds of posts about it, and of course the Madoka-fags who make the most autistic threads seen on Sup Forums in recent times with the anticrackkun starting a several hundred post-war with other tripfags just because someone posted a fanart of two girls being cute together not approved in a combination by ACK, which is also spilling over to Nanoha-threads, surpassing hetero-waifu shipping wars by an order of magnitude not to be believed. The Euphonium-threads with the eternal question about if it's yuribait or not are also definitely not helping.
In short, it's always the extremist's fault for making it more shit for the moderate fans of a thing.

Ange Vierge-threads are perfectly fine and accepted on Sup Forums because everyone sees it as the silly comedic yuri-fanservice show that it is, and its fans are not barging in threads of non-yuri shows shitposting about how those shows suck and would be better if it were all females only like in Ange Vierge.

Who knows, perhaps in one year or so, things will have normalized a little bit, and yurifags can co-exist again with waifufags. As long as they of course know their place in the hierarchy.

Following current trends, in one year Sup Forums will be nothing but wall-to-wall waifufagging and 'i want to do x to y.'

I agree with most of what you said but this hierarchy thing is stupid shows like Nanoha and Madoka pander way more to us than to you (might even say the yurifag fanbase is way bigger in those kind of shows than the waifu one)

I hope so, this rampant gay shipping faggotry just invites underage b& tumblrinas in. Most of it is fanfiction and both yurifags and fujos have their own board for it.

So saying ''my wife Chino is so cute'' is not a form of fanfiction?

>not being able to self insert in yuri
Grow a bigger imagination.

It's as retarded as saying "Cocoa, please" in reply, but it's not as intrusive as projecting gay relationships that aren't there into actual show discussion, which shippers do all the time.

why does that boy have breasts?

There comes a point when discussion about strictly what's in a show comes to an end and people have to find other things to talk abour specially in SoL

Yes, because they have to have a general up at all times. And that's what I'm saying, do that shit on /u/ or /y/ instead.

They have? I can only see Madoka regularly with their turbo autism

It's too wonderful for this world.

Yuru Yuri had one for a long time, pretty sure Gochiusa too. Love Live had one since forever until they were kicked to the mobage thread on /vg/. There's /ak/ which is basically GuP. Probably more I'm not remembering, plus the few flavor of the season yuri pandering shows which will always have a thread up.

Is this an actual yuri harem?

Because it's bad

It's not like most of those were always up, also/ak/ bros translate of content, and nothing wrong about seasonal anime always having a thread up

just give female lead a dick, problem solved

>but it's not as intrusive as projecting gay relationships that aren't there into actual show discussion, which shippers do all the time
How is shipping a character with yourself somehow better than shipping them with another character from their series?

Because they don't insist it's canon while spamming fan art of it.

>they don't insist it's canon
There's plenty of waifufags who do
>while spamming fan art of it
Instead they spam text of their fantasies and dreams.

It's lewd/harem enough for me.
It's mainly a gag manga.