Berserk thread

Reminder that Rickert will most likely have a very important role to play in the story.

What could it be?
Will it be him that kills Griffith, and not Guts?
We have no proof that Guts can do anything to Griffith at this point.

Other urls found in this thread:

mangasee.co/manga/?series=Berserk&chapter=1&index=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rickert is going to start his own band of the hawks. Its going to be even better when Guts comes back, just like the original.

He showed that he is no longer a mindless follower. He used that past servile identity of himself to forge a new, independent self.

That is a very nice character development and he might have important part to play in the story but come on...

>Will it be him that kills Griffith, and not Guts?

...you're just shitposting

I seem to remember Skullie outright saying that Rickert would have an important role. I believe it was when he encounters him during the Eclipse.

>Rickert is the youngest member of the band of the hawk.
>He survives.
>He survives the festival.
>He creates Gutts artificial hand, the cannon, the magnet in the hand, the bombs, the repeating cross bow.
>He later makes a gatling gun.
>He defends off monsters while they are getting away to safety.

Its possible he very well is just as important, similar to the others who have come into contact with Gutts.

Lets look at it this way.

If Gutts is outside of fate himself, wouldn't it stand to reason that those he comes into contact with would also be pulled outside of their fate too, and outside the story?
The only reason the band of the hawk couldnt be taken from fate is due to Griffith, but he managed to pull Casca out.

Stop posting Slowshit Souls.

Guts is supposed to be fast, Souls is nowhere near fast enough for Berserk.

You're thinking of the fortune teller

Bloodborne is the closest From has came to Berserk combat. They could really do a good Berserk game with Bloodborne style combat

>Will it be him that kills Griffith, and not Guts?
Guts won't kill Griffith. Casca will kill him. It's more poetic that way.

Bloodborne is also way too fucking slow.
Watch the PS2 Berserk game to see how fast Guts is supposed to be.

Skull night protected only him the night the injured hawks got wiped out while Guts and co were saving Griffith.

TBF he didn't survive the festival because he wasn't part of it

There's going to be a timeskip. Once Guts and friends leave elf island, they'll find out a decade has passed in the real world, what remains of humanity has adapted to living in the new fantastical reality, Griffith is king of the world and manly, grizzled war veteran Rickert is the leader of the resistance.

The only reason the creator of Berserk had Farnese learn magic was so she wouldn't be useless once Caska got her mind back. Too predictable.

I know its still slow but I'm just saying that it is their closest to Berserk so far.

Sorry but no. Griffith will destroy Elfhelm. It's been already foreshadowed.

>Skull night protected only him the night the injured hawks got wiped out while Guts and co were saving Griffith.
Thats a good point.
Do you think he knows he has some part to play, or was it coincidental?

I'm going to call you cockgargler for trying to measure speed on a manga and saying others are full of bull for it.

Yeah, you're probably right. Just checked myself and Skull Knight doesn't mention anything about that in any of his encounters with Rickert, I just have shit memory.

>that far right apostle

Sounds like proof to me that Griffith was the one who sent Rakshas after him.

Locus seems very structured and obedient, so he probably wouldn't send him without Griffiths approval.

Rakshas has no motive to kill him on his own.

Griffith "just happened to" look at them fly away.
Griffith had Flora killed because she was a potential threat, even if she didn't do anything. The slap made him realize Rickert is also a potential threat.

I'm rereading berserk to freshen up on some things I have forgotten over the years, but I feel SK knew something. He always seems to be in the right place at the right time saving/protecting the right people up to this point. I don't think its coincidental because there were apostles around, but he is strong enough to wipe them out with no effort. So why only save Rickert has been on my mind for a while

Moments

it's possible, Guts can spin several times over while falling from 3 or 4 meter height, deliver a sword blow mid air, and still land on his feet

hell he fucking shot an armcanon and then spins it around quickly enough to fucking use the recoil to his favor

his speed was overhuman even before he put on the berserker armor, after that it's just insane

let's start with the fact that no human would be able to wield such a large sword with a single arm and move it quickly enough to be useful in combat, no mater how much training they do it's simply impossible

Guts speed and agility breaks the laws of physics

He might have come to see why so many Apostles were attacking this camp, and decided to save this kid who was there.

Its fun seeing really weird and dumb Apostle designs, especially during the Eclipse.

One of my favorite apostles.

(you)

I just want to add that it's stated several times over that the characters who observe Guts fighting can't even see his attacks. At which point in dark souls you can't see your character's attacks? such speed is something games can't have because gamers wouldn't be able to play them

don't forget this

>Griffith had Flora killed because she was a potential threat
It was literally explained in chapter 345 why he killed her and destroyed her house. And it wasn't because she was a potential threat.

It seems like he died during the battle with Ganishka.

One of my favourite drawings in the manga. It's pure nightmare.

I'm not sure. It's like in NSDAP, Locus can be Griffith's Himmler or Goering.

I'd like to point out that the last time he swung his sword faster that one could see was against Boscogn in the Golden Age, the first being against Adon in Black Swordsman.
I think there are a lot of things we should overlook from earlier arcs, his speed being one of them.
Another example being the opening to the manga. Do you really think Guts would bang an apostle? He hates their guts (heh) with a burning passion.

He is obviously supposed to be incredibly fast, at least when considering his weapon, but i don't think he's supposed to be faster than the eye can see anymore.

That bitch just has a penis head.

>let's ignore content because it's old because I don't like it because it doesn't fit my headcanon
Get cancer and die

perhaps he fucked an apostole as a way to getting close to her, just like he sometimes gets hurt just to shoot them point blanc

it's all in character

his high speed is canon as it has never been stated to be non canon. apostoles are known to have superhuman strength and speed and he would not be able to fight them, logically, if he didn't have such strength and speed as well

2 birds, one stone

if the goal was just to sever the seals leaching off the world tree, there would be no reason to hunt for witch herself, as she was merely a caretaker

She would obviously protect that place. It was her home after all.

but they stated many times over they are after witch also

>many times
One time. Skull Knight isn't omniscient, he didn't know what was Griffith's true goal.

2016 OST releases when?

hey berserk fags.
I wanted to get into this shit, but when I looked it up there's an old berserk anime and then there's a 2016 version that's currently ongoing.
Where am I supposed to start?
Is this latest version like FMA:brotherhood or some shit? which means I shouldn't bother with teh old one?

manga only

I think it's this guy.

mangasee.co/manga/?series=Berserk&chapter=1&index=1

>shonen
>manga
no

?? anime has the same things as manga except less and worse

I want advice about the anime please.

Those are hands though, not legs

Rickert ~= Rocket
He will blow Goddo Handdo. Remember 9/11? Imagine it happening to the 5 of them.
With thermonuclear-magic bombs on magical flying beasts.
Rickerto bin Laden will strike them down!

Probably because he's in his combat mode and not lewd mode. It's a very similar design, though.

I agree to that as to why he came or at least why he was in the area, but then why save rickert. There was no need to, since he didn't fight, and he also was there when everyone else died.

RIP tail man

Because SK is a bro.

I was hype as fuck when human army joined demon army in fight against Shiva

It's one of the best moments in Berserk, next to Zodd and Guts working together.

Is Griffith human again???

I am only up to the bit when he is birthed from the egg, does this mean he loses his god hand powers and is no longer Femto?

Know what Rickert will do?
He will create a fucking sniper rifle capable of busting a cap on Griffith, the final battle will be between Guts and Griffith until out of nowhere Griffith has his head explode while Rickert is 2 kilometers away.

Fucker has already created a goddamn rocket launcher, you literally cannot stop industrialization

He's still Femto, he's essentially wearing a Griffith suit right now.

Yeah but i also just noticed he's connected the the head on the right.

OK
don't watch it

So he has all his reality warping powers?

Watch Golden Age trilogy. Then 2016 if you will be able to.
But yeah, read the manga. You could potentially skip what you watched if you really can't focus on reading.

Because Skull Knight isn't a asshole, did you forget how he saved that prostitue for no real reason?

You're right. I do remember that head from some earlier chapter.

Yeah, shame about burn scars. They were really showing that Guts is more and more destroyed. Kinda gave me this feeling "won't he die from the armour before even reaching Gryffith?"

Yes.

What happened to all the Apostles who died fighting the Indians? Do their souls also get consigned to hellfire for all eternity? That seems a bit ungrateful, since they were loyal servants of the Godhand fighting against traitors.

Maybe not HYPE BATTLE MOMENTS but Egg-kun story was so friggin' good. The way it was delivered, the atmosphere, his feelings and how Luca reacted to it. So good.

That bottom page still gives me the biggest erection.

Their bodies turned into white trees. I'm not sure if hell even exists anymore in the same form.

he is getting more destroyed from trying to protect a drooling retard then if he went for revenge path

possibly everyone who comes in contact with Grifith goes to hell, we have no knowledge of what happens to the souls of common people after they are briefly reunited with the living. However, they are absorbed into Grifith which can't be a good thing.

When you become a Godhand you lose your corporeal form meaning you cannot exist in the real world without an avatar that you take the form of. Griffith's rebirth is him gaining a completely functional corporeal body with his Godhand powers intact

is that a mod or an actual skill/class? never played a DS game

it also makes it possible for him to die for real

I think everyone ends up in a Vortex. Maybe after that some souls go to Hell (the place with Idea of Evil) and others somewhere else. But in both cases they become part of the collective of souls.

But I was talking about this. Ganishka consumed Vortex of souls and then later turned into the World Tree. It's possible that now all the souls end up in the Tree.

They all can die for real. Astral creatures can be killed in Berserk world.

didn't he just become a physical vessel for the Tree to manifest in real world? like egg kun for Femto?

that's basically the same thing

but not by Guts, whose most likely chance to kill Femto is now

I thought those trees surrounding Falconia were the corpses of the spawn that Shiva/Ganishka created.

no, if it's a vessel from something that exists in astral world it's different from turning into it

a vessel is just like avatar-the world tree still exists in astral plane, and it was always connected to the afterlife

Femto still has all his powers. I'm sure Guts and Casca's child will be the key to his destruction.

the world tree is just relocated into the physical realm lime a summon would do

They were, but apostles also transformed into them. It looks like this in the manga.

It comes with the first Blu-Ray release, which is October 28th.

so I don't have to watch the old series at all?

Ohh, I see. I haven't really paying attention to the apostles corpses when I read through that.

>Berserk
>shonen
Get

How could Rickert be outside of causality if he was never marked?

You should if you don't want to read black swordsman arc.
Also you would want to read it because it has Lost Children Arc.

It's magic. It's not supposed to be rational. The Idea of Tree is a reference to the World Tree - a motif appearing in many religions and cultures.

>Some scholars suggest that the world tree is programmed into the human mind by evolutionary biology. Human beings are primates, and lived in trees for around 60 million years. The idea of a vast tree as the entirety of the world is thus still implanted in our collective unconscious.[9][10]
Miura probably liked this idea.

Science bitch

I know that

I'm just saying that the world tree connected everything, afterlife included, even before the Chuthulu's body became it's vessel in the material world

Yes, but it existed only in humanity's collective consciousness. Now it exists in real world transforming it into the world from legends and myths.

He'll invent machine guns and modern weaponry which will allow humans to stand their ground against magical fairy tale shits thereby undermining falconia's function as a safe haven and Griffith's status as magical jesus.

I don't know anything about those arcs, are they good?