So what did you guys think?

So what did you guys think?

Too gridmark for a MSG series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CdHlWqZU2bw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I dont have a problem with the gridmark shit. The problem is its wayyyy toooo hamfisted. Its like Im being forced to care.

Good Soundtrack. Io Flemming is a shit MC.

>Too gridmark for a MSG series
Are you trying to trick me?

Its like you guys have never watched another gundam series other than this.

Io is the best Gundam MC
He doesn't complain, he kills cripples while blasting music, and doesn't afraid of anything

I liked it, it felt a little too rushed though.
Not the best UC OVA but not the worst either
I liked the way the music contrasted with each faction as well.

It was a nice change to have a MC that didn't care about some random woman or
>Hurr durr killing my enemy is bad Brighto san

>Living Dead Unit
More like cripple unit.

Call me a tumblrina whatever, but that the few female characters were all overemotional wrecks rightfully disregarded as "Women" bugged me.

Animation was gorgeous though, but that's par the course for a Gundam OVA.

Eh, I like Murder Shota better.

The romance was contained to each side and didn't have that allegiance switching tired old bullshit so I found it tolerable.

>Claudia is literally helpless. Not enough reinforcements. 100% of failure.
>Karla looses her bf while father is in jail. Ends up having to amputate her best friend twice in the span of 2 days.
>Witness everyone around you die one by one.

Kinda hard NOT to be an emotional wreck tbqh familia.

Its essentially Horrors of War (in space) the anime. Was aiight.

They're contrasted with ruthless killer pilots so it didn't portray anyone favorably.

Uso will always be the best Gundam MC.

>Hurr durr killing my enemy is bad Brighto san
When does that happen? Amuro was a death blender, and one of Kamile's last lines is basically "I have you kill you, you're to evil to exist."

This.

Aside from his first sortie, when the fuck did Amuro ever hesitate to murder the shit out of everyone?

It doesn't understand the UC. It lacks hope to too extreme a degree.

I heard this was produced in 4K. Why did Sunrise make it in a meme resolution while they're still doing 720p TV shows?

S P A C E

B U D D H A

Is the story complete ? manga is still running.

>10, 15, maybe less

So they can sell meme 4k blurays.

Ral, Char, and a handful of waifus.

Mika is too dull
Io knows how to have fun
Daryl does Ein's shtick 1000 times better

That little fucker bitched out when they got to Earth and actually ran off rather than fight. Take the goggles off, Amuro is one of the shittiest Gundam MCs to ever exist.

(You)

He came back and finished the fight. Amuro's angst is justified from his perspective since he was unwillingly drafted into the Earth Federation and constantly thrown into battle as a fucking teenager. But then he accepts his situation and grows up. It's called character development

fucking hell amuro

Earth was under a draft and had been for over 9 months. If he didn't like it so much, he should have changed sides.

I thought it captured what the core meaning behind Gundam is all about. That war is crazy and no side is right or wrong. In short 10/10

Even manages to tell off a bunch of kids straight out of the Academy that they're expendable bait for his mission

I liked Daryl way more than Io.

Also the music is fucking stellar.

He doesn't even consider them as enemies

Amuro was a citizen of Side 7, not Earth

Best MC, Best ship and crew, but worst love interest and enemy MS designs.

only watched the first episode but htis might be the first good gundam in 20 years

jesus fuck, why didn't they give it a series instead of an OVA

Because the story gets even more fucking stupid than it already is.

It makes them feel useful.

>Too gridmark for a MSG series?

So in Double Zeta Zeon drops a colony on the city of Dublin as a show of force, in spite of really having already had most of their demands met (the Federation has stopped fighting, it's just paramilitary groups like AEUG and Karaba resisting at this point.) The Federation leadership knows it's coming but doesn't issue an evacuation order to the general population because hey the earth's over populated anyway might as well let Haman do the dirty work for them. As the colony falls and AEUG and Karaba try to make a last ditch evacuation effort, Neo-Zeon forces are deployed to destroy bridges and roads out of the city as well as generally frustrate the evacuation effort, up to and including sinking an unarmed refugee ship fleeing out to sea.

Where the fuck are you getting the idea that Gundam wasn't already grimdark? Hell 0079 opens with descriptions of one third of humanity dead from indiscriminate use of weapons of mass destruction in the opening month of the war.

He means it's too edgy.

Turn A gundam was only 16 years ago faggot.

on episode 3, doesn't feel stupid yet. sunrise has a habit of that though

can't get over the fact that he has a nigger afro though. fucking jarring

turn a wasn't very gundam like, but fine

>Good Soundtrack.
Really? The music ruins it for me.
Jazz and gundam fights don't mix well together.
Can't even enjoy the fights

t.MyfirstGundamwasIBOI'msuchanerdxD

edgy kiddo, kys

just finished it. yeah, it fits grimdark. the first episode was pretty good though.

the jazz is stupid.

it's still better than anything else they've made for nearly 20 years

>Emotes
What, do you want a cookie, thinking you look ever so clever?

Animation was top notch. I want to see more of that. Also that first person view of the Zaku getting fucking rekt by the Gundam was amazing.

Also the main character wasn't a beta male going "Killing is wrong in a War!" Granted we haven't had any Gundam MCs with that mentality since Seed/Destiny. Never watched Age so not sure if they continued the bitching.

>Also that first person view of the Zaku getting fucking rekt by the Gundam was amazing.
Loved that scene. Especially with the accompanying Zeon debrief essentially going "We're fucked."

>Never watched AGE so not sure if they continued the bitching.
Well, AGE's greatest strength and weakness was its "Generational Storytelling", focusing on several sons of a single family progressing through a war.
First son? Made the Gundam. Lost his first love to the enemy when she was forced to pilot for them. Developed an out-right genocidal hatred for them.
His son? Major daddy issues. Not a [Series Name for Newtype]. Feels like a disappointment. Eventually accepts this under the mentorship of his father's friendly rival, strives to become a great pilot regardless. Has a friendship with a guy who turns out to be a mole for the enemy, but otherwise shows no compulsion against killing.
His son? After his father's mysterious disappearance, his Grandpa brought him up, essentially grooming him to pilot the Gundam and slaughter their enemies, which he does...at first. Then he was kidnapped, taken to the enemy fortress, shown things from their point of view, and becomes a pacifist who only ever disables enemy units, eventually bringing his grandfather out of his genocidal viewpoint too.

tl;dr: Started out like it might promisingly subvert said bitching, but eventually succumbed to it.

>tl;dr: Started out like it might promisingly subvert said bitching, but eventually succumbed to it.
"War is bad", says Japan.

Thunderbolt needs proper adaptation. Best Gundam since original.

No such thing as neutrals, you were either with Earth or against it and exploited against your will whether you backed Side 3 or not. Being on Side 7 wasn't going to shield Amuro from being impressed into service once Tem had delivered on his mobile suit design.

Man, Flit was fucking legit.

Loved it. Reminded me of older 80s action movies I grew up on also the older gundam ovas from back in the day. Hand drawn gundam alone in this day and age is truly a sight to behold.

Needed more drug use by my waifu. Maybe her sucking off some cadet for another fix

It was fucking great. Especially consider all the Gundam trash we've been getting lately. It was like a breath of fresh air.

Uso is a nice young boy.

This is real happened sending inexperienced stupid autistics kids to the front.

They gotta learn combat somehow

I enjoyed that and MC remembering about his pop

Would be a great series if you cut Mobile Suit Gundumb and put Fantasy behind if

>Dat top tier animation
Why the fuck /m/ & /gundam/ fag hate this series again? They even prefer IBO over this series.
Is the story so bad, though?

Flit "When I fight, its Genocide" Asuno

>Animation is good so it must be good right?
Why is Sup Forums full of fucking idiots?

Started ok then when to shit in the later episodes.

Beautiful animation and great soundtrack. The message is too heavy handed. It´s like the director is going
>SEE?? SEE? GET IT?
The relationships and characters are too melodramatic.

But the main problem is how dated the ideas and ideals of Gundam are. It is time for the fans to move on.

>it's still better than anything else they've made for nearly 20 years
Not even fucking close. I really do hope the rest of it gets animated so the people praising it can witness how fucking stupid it gets.

>It was like a breath of fresh air.
>Yet another UC told during the OYW
>breath of fresh air

I actually laughed at this scene. The girl going retarded was just silly. I guess they really wanted a "sad" ending and had to keep forcing it.

>But the main problem is how dated the ideas and ideals of Gundam are. It is time for the fans to move on.
>People are still copying Gundam nearly 40 years later and is still relevant
>dated

Great animation. As expected from a ONA/Movie.
Good soundtrack
Mediocre story. Gets really stupid after this point.
One dimensional cast.

Much like Unicorn newfags will dig the pwetty visuals and say Io is a breath of fresh air everyone else will probably be unimpressed.
>ut the main problem is how dated the ideas and ideals of Gundam are.
That's not Macross.

Back then, you saw Gundam clones everywhere and it was extremely popular among kids. Today what is popular among kids are martial arts/magic shows. The copies are usually for the same old guys who watched Gundam back then.

>Macross
Well, that one too.

After G-Reco, Try, and IBO I don't give a shit as long as it's actually good.

youtube.com/watch?v=CdHlWqZU2bw
Uso was fucking awesome

Hell, user from bizarro /m/.

You're missing the point so badly it hurts to read your shitposts

is tattooed tomboy still alive in the manga?

Thanks for proving me right, you fucking trash, get the fuck out of here.

good times