What's your favorite Dragon Ball saga?

What's your favorite Dragon Ball saga?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Z6yGbkaxkY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

GT is canon

Goku vs Tien tournament.

I love the fortuneteller baba bit. The enemies are all gimmicky but they're fun, and they beat them in creative ways. The invisible guy beaten by roshi's nose blood from bulma's titties, the vampire beaten by garlick breath, the mummy who fucks up yamcha and then gets absolutely rekt by goku, spike the fuckin' devilman whose power doesn't work on goku since there is nothing inside goku's head for him to work with, and the final boss is grandpa gohan's fucking ghost? Shit man.

Red ribbon would've been my favorite if goku's friends actually helped storm the base.
What the fuck was up with that.

King Piccolo Saga. The ending is probably Goku's greatest moment in the series overall, plus most people who watched DBZ still have no idea where Piccolo came from outside of him being an namekian, so I get to be smug for having actually watched the entirety of Dragon Ball.

the cell arc is the best because Gohan is so cool lol XD

Android Saga for sure

Torn between the 21st Tournament and Commander Red sagas.

Though Red Ribbon comes close because of pic related

Shit I forgot that Red Ribbon and Commander Red were 2 different sagas

current one is becoming my favourite

literally just a "grand side story", Toriyama's exact words chump.

nobody cares about dragon ball

I liked the one with Roshi's training because as a kid I always wanted to train like that and become strong and shit but ended up becoming a fat fuck

>Dragon Ball
Tien Saga
>Dragon Ball Z
Cell Saga
>Dragon Ball GT
Super Android 17 Saga
>Dragon Ball Super
Goku Black Saga
>Overall
Cell Saga

Absolutely loved Super Vegeta and Final Flash, Piccolo/Kami, USSJ Trunks, Cell Games. It was all just so fun.

All of the Original Dragon Ball
also the Frieza Saga

>Dragon Ball
Red Ribbon Saga
>Dragon Ball Z
Namek Saga
>Dragon Ball GT
Baby Saga
>Dragon Ball Super
Future Trunks Saga
>Overall
Namek Saga

Best taste

Boo, because I liked that they brought back some facets of the early series, like magic and being a bit more funny/lighthearted. Also, because Goten and Trunks are my favorite characters.

The correct answer for everything ever.

That's some good taste there famalam

Best so far exactly my taste

>liking the Cell saga

please kill yourself

Saiyan saga, the battle between Goku and Vegeta is the best part.

Frieza

Goku became a man and avenged his race without meaning too. Beautiful point to end it and keep it going.

Buu Saga too watch gohan lovers suffer the most.
>Muh potential

>Muh potential
i think it's bullshit that Gohan had more Potential than Goku anyway

"barakku goku saga best saga

>Dragon Ball
General Blue Arc
>Dragon Ball Z
Boo Arc
>Dragon Ball GT
Baby Arc
>Dragon Ball Super
Goku Black Arc
>Overall
Red Ribbon Saga

The thing about the best toriyama block (saiyan - freeza - android) was how it transitioned nicely into the new one and introduced cool concepts (aliens with impact on MC, then space travel and new planet with impact MC transformation, then time travel, but another transformation was weak imo)
Buu would've worked if it had 2 more arcs, since toriyama timeskips need more. If it was buu -> DBS BoG -> tournament arc (golden freeza is eh) -> black arc

>It's a "people pretend to like the Red Ribbon arc because they think it makes them patrician" thread

Goku in that pic is so serious

Haven't seen him like that in Super at all, he's a fucking goof

>boo

this smug fuck needs more show time

Cell Games.

Gohan exploding into SSJ2 was the coolest moment in the series. Absolute goosebumps and chills.

These three

Namek, for the Kuririn-Gohan teamup and cuhrazy Vegeta

Buu saga.
But I loved every bit of future trunks.

DB
>the tournament with tien
Z
>saiyan or namek
GT
>baby
Super
>brakku

All the arcs/seasons:

1. Emperor Pilaf arc
2. 21st World Martial Arts Tournament arc
3. Red Ribbon Army arc
4. 22nd World Martial Arts Tournament arc
5. King Piccolo arc
6. 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament arc

7. Saiyan arc
8. Namek arc
9. Frieza arc
10. Android arc
11. Cell Games arc
12. Great Saiyaman / 25th World Martial Arts Tournament arc
13. Buu arc

Although Namek/Frieza, Android/Cell and Saiyaman/Buu can be considered as 3 distinct sagas if you want.

As for my personal favorites:
>Dragon Ball
I loved the 22nd tournament and the rivalry between Turtle school and Crane school. It had a Karate Kid feel to it.

I also loved the Pilaf arc as it was pure humor and adventure, it was comfy.

As a fan of DBZ I loved the 23rd tournament. The fight between Goku and Piccolo was brutal, and it ended with a nice marriage.

My least favourite is the RRA arc, it feels so drawn-out and boring. It had some highlights like the Muscle Tower and Mercenary Tao, but that's about it.

>Dragon Ball Z
I love the Android/Cell saga the most, Super Saiyans were still something special, and it felt like a solid conclusion to the franchise. Everyone looked like a badass, and Cell felt like a true end-boss.

My second favorite is the Namek/Frieza saga. The whole space opera approach is cool and is what most of us grew up with (Toonami DBZ re-runs, muscled guys in armour).

DB
>King Piccolo arc

DBZ
>Namek Saga overall, but Cell vs Gohan was the best fight

GT
>fuck off

Not up to date with Super

>daily db threads with 3-400 replies
>top viewed show every week
>you give enough of a shit to have the urge to at least make one shitpost a thread
sure senpai

DB
>beginning and tournaments, all of them

DBZ
>FTrunks/Android/Cell

GT
>kek

Super
>Black/ZAMASU/FTrunks
the movies are fantastic, but the retelling not so much. u6vsu7 tournament was kinda boring, although ssb kaioken x10 was surprising

will he ever come back?

When asked about him Toriyama said "who?"

Goku as main character is the worst. All the other fights in Dragonball are way more interesting.

At best the fights from other characters perspective as they try to figure out how to beat this monster are tolerable (Roshi, Krillin...)

Goku fighting the RR army is not just bad DB it's pure garbage.

>watched

Oh, child

Stay mad, mangafag.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Z6yGbkaxkY

Tree of Might

Not that user, but I actually prefer the King Piccolo Saga in the anime compared to the manga. They add a stupid labyrinth in Karin's tower, but I'd take that in order to get Tenshinhan and Yamcha actually having battles in the arc, unlike in the manga where Tenshinhan spends several chapters training the Mafuba just to never have a chance to even use it.

I think that's the worst DBZ movie discounting all Broly's re-appearances.

A-fucking-greed. Yeah, Namek was long as shit but Frieza was arguably the best villain in Z. Also, if you say that you weren't hype as fuck when you first saw Goku turn Super Saiyan then you're a goddamn liar.

This.

Saiyan Saga is underrated.

Saiyan Saga is overated.
ftfy

Excellent taste my friend.

>At some point after the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament, Master Shen and his brother Tao got mixed up in something and died as a result of the event. Due to them both being bad people, they were likely not restored to life.[1]