PTSD?

more like PTS-meme. why did our grandfathers, great-grandfathers, and great-great-grandfathers not suffer from this faggiest of afflictions when they fought in the two greatest wars the world has ever see?

>trench warfare
>mustard gas
>tanks, planes, subs, zepplins
>concentration camps
>the nuke
>napalm
>my lai
>da nang
>tien shinhan

fast forward today and drone operators are getting diagnosed with ptsd from essentially playing the AC-130 mission in modern warfare 1 all day

why are "men" today so soft?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dNpw4ngXVhY
youtube.com/watch?v=ffaTOD8O-Qs
youtube.com/watch?v=_DQlzgPn7ok
youtube.com/watch?v=vuEQixrBKCc
youtube.com/watch?v=c2koHNN3QVE
youtu.be/hSp8IyaKCs0
youtube.com/watch?v=uAE6Il6OTcs
youtube.com/watch?v=lCsH1g5ZESk
youtu.be/k4Pd527GN48
youtu.be/9JRLCBb7qK8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They're putting something in the water... it turns the fricken frogs gay

They did, we just called it shell-shock.

I know htts is a troll, but I'll respond seriously: A lot of the "PTSD" soldiers are diagnosed with today is actually Traumatic Brain Injury. The VA doesn't diagnose it because it is much more expenxive to treat. Our Fathers and Grandfathers did not have near the rate of TBIs that we do. Look at footage of WW1 vets and how fucked up they are... they have worse TBI then we do.

The US military is made up of white trash, spics, and nigs. Are you surprised they'll do anything for gibs?

Old wars were percieeved as just and warriors came home heroes

Now people come home from murdering civilians without being given a reason to citizens who hate the military openly.

PTSD is about sacrificing yourself, learning your sacrifice was damaging, and being chastised for following through on a pure human desire to help.

Have fun paying for my succulent steak dinners for the rest of my life pleb. I’ll be sure to channel your quivering asshurt next time I talk to my doc and get an extra 10% disability to fund some surf and turf.

>wow i'm so triggered xd

make like your fallen brothers and die

its two different things that often occur together

explosions hear the head can cause physical damage to the brain that affects peoples behavior - psychological

PTSD is a long way of saying if you expose people to awful shit some of them get fucked up by it - psychiatric

my brother and my cousin both thing that "going out to bars at night" led to them getting ptsd. the "social stress" is simply too extreme, and of course, the (((treatment))) is benzodiazapines and not a fucking slap to the face.

how old do you think the term shell shock is?

They are exactly the same thing. Shell shock is not damage from nearby explosions it's a mental breakdown from stress.

It's the societal and religious framework which prevents or promotes psychiatric disorders.
Humans embedded into stable tribal environment can withstand much more stress and shocking events, while rootless humans within unstable multi-cultural degeneracy.are unable to cope even with simplest challenges.
This is intentional of course.

During the Iraq War I recall a guy on the news saying that because of the current state of body armour and vehicle armour, many soldiers survive explosions or "traumatic events" that would have killed a soldier in Viet Nam, or even WW2. As a result, there was no medical precedent for how to treat and rehabilitate these men.

You'll understand the feeling when you first commit murder, it starts out like a stone in your gut kind of feeling, your brain peels away at the sight of the blood, the lifelessness of the being you just rendered dead, whether it be by a gun or drone, you're gonna live with that person's blood on your hands for the rest of your life, it's rather subconscious, you'll feel a little guilt, a little queasy, or you'll have been so mentally prepared for it you'll feel nothing at all, one thing's for certain, you'll never forget the feeling of taking a human life.

GAAAAAAAYYY

meh
It's a failure of the culture to acclimate, not the failure of the veteran. Our country is going to crash and burn because it hasn't learned to acclimate to accomodating veterans after a war. This is mainly due to not wanting to accept the fact that our country has built off war and it's profits. Everybody has their hand in the cookie jar, but they don't want to accept where the cookies came from. It's a sick, hypocritical situation.

They did get it you utter knob

They drowned their sorrows with hard alcohol, womanizing, abusive to their wives.

Nowadays soldiers are opening up and demand help. Unfortunately they're given talk therapy and prozac to deal with it, so they're killing themselves off.

Not to worry - "he FDA granted MDMA a breakthrough therapy designation for the treatment of PTSD in August 2017"

Their suffering is finally over.

>Have fun paying for my succulent steak dinners for the rest of my life pleb. I’ll be sure to channel your quivering asshurt next time I talk to my doc and get an extra 10% disability to fund some surf and turf.
Stank jew fur your cervix

Battle fatigue

i honestly could never fight in a war. i just couldn't handle the stress of chaos and warfare. like fuck i get stressed over the pansiest shit in life i sure as fuck wouldn't be able to live with myself after i bury a knife into the base of another man's skull. but you have to do that. you have to kill people or you'll be killed. that's the reality. i'd rather just run away and hide somewhere. i'm definitely not a soldier, but i respect the fuck out of all them and what all of you do.

to answer your question OP it's because we've been systemically weakened and more passive by our elitist overlords to make us more subservient and more "controllable" for the upcoming one-world government. everyone has spoke about it for years, but it's just seen as a meme now. but that's your answer. the new world order IS happening. whether or not they win is still undetermined though. people sometimes act like a one-world government will just *happen*, but there will be resistance. and it just might win.

in the civil war they called it soldiers heart.
it's just that killing people aint good for you.

war does fuck people in the head retard.. people used to just not give it a word

youtube.com/watch?v=dNpw4ngXVhY

Wrong you fagget

ww3 sign me up for airborne medical or drone division.

Probably because they knew killing Nazis was a black & white issue, so no regrets.

>Flag
>"stressed out pansy"
Sounds right
Kys

Yeah, Traumatic Brian Injury. Now when your tank/vehicle blows up you survive in one piece but your brain bounces off your skull so you have CTE which makes you basically crazy.

>tien shinhan

PTSD from WWI and WWII were horrible, it's just more talked about and dealt with these days.

Agreed, just a meme to justify spending money on, probably for both good and bad reasons. The world is harsh, war especially, but psychology memes are a different beast.

WHAT KIND OF PURE RETARDED FAGGOT WOULD START THIS THREAD?

These days people are plucked from community colleges advocating safe spaces to ensure feelings are never challenged in the slightest ways. See: microagression rules being enforced.

One year later they may need to sweep a building in the Syria and a six year old girl runs at them crying. user sees his best friend pick her up. Then she explodes and a now deaf and internally bleeding user is covered in best friend and six year old girl.

Safe spaces are like skipping vaccinations in terms of getting PTSD. The entire country has become a pretty safe space, regardless of how much people say it needs to be safer.

You're a moron, combat trauma similar to what's now called PTSD goes back to fucking Homer

My grandfathers did nutty shit like running across the only bridge in town towards nazi machine gun nests.

BUT they always had a pretty good idea of when they were getting into a fight.

The guys in Vietnam and other asymmetrical theaters had nothing fucking clue what they were walking into most of the time.

After the Vietnam war was over it was discovered that the VC basically picked every single engagement they were ever in.

The Americans would telegraph their presence with air, and then the ground sweeps would come, so the VC pretty much got to ambush at will.

And when my grandfathers fought Nazis, they KNEW when they were and were not looking an an enemy.
The enemy wore uniforms, there were distinct front lines and fire corridors.

The guys in Iraq, Vietnam ect did not always get that luxury.

Maybe it's a normal street today, maybe the people on it are civs looking to go about their day, maybe not.

Our grandfathers and great grandfathers went through hell and endured a fuck of a lot. But they knew when shit was over.

A modern soldier might not have to deal with the exactly same kind of intense hell but they can go through a lot of spooky shit, I'm sure that can fuck with a person after awhile.

I would say it is talked about more now than Let's say the 50s because of the culture of that time period. But I would say war and taking a human life or any life for that matter was a very normal thing for most people to witness or do through out human history. That was day to day life. Just look up how fucked the gangs of New York were during the 1800s. In today's culture most people have not experienced killing an animal let alone a human, so when they do get introduced to war, true reality takes a much harder hit on these individuals. It also doesn't help that they come back to a culture which is so alien to what they know and expierenced and that has absolutely no way to relate to them.

As others said, they DID suffer from those things. PTSD just didn't exist as a diagnosis and their behavior was usually attributed to cowardice or having a weak mind.

You've never swung a fist at a human being. I guarantee it.

beat me to it

you're a god damn faggot

They had it too, back then it didn't have such a catchy term for it. They just called it other things like shell-shock and battle fatigue. Its always been around, its just now its been extensively medically documented with a catchy term to describe it.

I want to also expand on that in the past( medieval) when a solider came home from battle he would be still be surrounded by people who have similar world views, people who have seen death, murder, hardships etc. So he would come back to a people that understand him and what he expierenced. Unlike most today.

It's actually pretty fucking simple. Back then when men came back from war they had trouble adjusting to normal life, but they could still somewhat act like the military. Today's society is so feminized men and women are incapable of reintegration because normal life is so dull today

>why did our grandfathers, great-grandfathers, and great-great-grandfathers not suffer from this faggiest of afflictions when they fought in the two greatest wars the world has ever see?
Because our grandfathers, great-grandfathers, and great-great-grandfathers usually endured the crucible of combat, themselves. PTSD is an issue today because most people have no fucking clue what war is about; killing people with incredible amounts of violence and speed.

I'm sure ancient Rome had zero problem with PTSD in their legions, and I'm sure it has something to do with society being rougher on the whole. Warriors returning to a society of other warriors is all gucci. Warriors returning to a society who demands a safe space from words is no bueno.

rare?

I HAVE PTSD (Jewish sounding Breathing)
youtube.com/watch?v=ffaTOD8O-Qs

youtube.com/watch?v=_DQlzgPn7ok

This. Shell-shock was theorized to be what you describe at first, but it was soon realized that PTSD is way more complex.

My grandfather sure as hell had it from WW2, I read his files. He was on one of the hell ships to Japan, and ever since could not stand being in the dark with other people around, unsure of "what they might do". He was also severely perturbed by loud noises (they had the prisoners stand at attention during American bombing runs on Japan, and he saw combat before that), and often felt full after having eaten a bite of food due to the starvation that he suffered.

Estrogen mimickers

This makes a TON of sense. Shock waves rattle through your brain and cause micro damage to your cells maybe...

youtube.com/watch?v=vuEQixrBKCc

americans are all pussies. mad because we get free health care.

all i gotta say

fpbp

>implying they didn't

>whistle sounds
>OVER THE TOP
>every other man is cut down
>no food or sleep for 12 days and nights
>the shells whistle in, Wheeeee POW wheeee POW wheee POW
>CLACKA CLACKA CLACKA
>men scramble to get their masks on
>the ones that didn't get it on in time, the ones down in low places start foaming and coughing as the blood runs red on the ground
>machine gun fire streams overhead
>ZeeeePOW zeeeePOW zeeePOW, everyone is deaf, a third are missing their legs
>men gurgle out to G-d as they drown in their own fluids

>a hundred years later no one has any fucking clue what that mud was like

dude what movie are you quoting

Either I’m a psychopath or you’re not a good explainer because I feel nothing while reading your comment

If someone is walking with their backs against you and then you shoot him and they collapse and then you bail - do you start get depressed and shit? I mean at that point you’re inflicting the trauma on yourself because you were exposed to literally nothing.

no that is not a real flag it's a big ol meme

didn't your president say he met with the virgin islands? and that he's a great person and he's in talks to fix the situations with the hurricane? oh.. right.

youtube.com/watch?v=c2koHNN3QVE

LUL

Alot of things can cause PTSD. Not just serving in the military in a war zone. But yeah, most people are pussies now. Older generations literally grew their own food and slaughtered their own animals. Only a select few now live like our ancestors once did.

My great uncle fought in WW2, he was normal, but secretive about anything he did or experienced, had a 100 yard stare if anyone brought up the war, I'd say he probably had some demons and shit, fucking war fucks you up for real

Our exhausting march resumed amid the pitiable swarms of faltering refugees. Twice we were attacked by Soviet planes, swooping low and scattering missiles which had been designed to destroy tanks. Each impact tore long, bloody furrows in the dense mass, and for a moment the wind was tinged with the warm smell of disemboweled bodies. Above all, I feared for the children, who could no longer understand anything about their situation. They didn't know that the planes were enemy aircraft, or how urgently they were faced with cold and hunger. Everything was a misery for them, and each step a trap. The sky could make them suffer, and the earth hurt them. Their hands and feet made them bite their lips with pain. They were lost in a state of constant fear, which was justified by a world of horror which never let them forget their pitiable weakness. They stared about them with unseeing eyes at their swollen hands, which they wished were no longer attached to their bodies; at the people around them, who should no longer exist; and at the frozen grasses trembling in the wind, which they would never again enjoy as part of an innocent game.

I feared for these children, who were being punished before they had committed any crime, for whom the idea of existence would become synonymous with vengeance. I could do nothing but watch this tragic procession; even my life would be no help to them. I was not a redeeming Christ, and in any case I had discovered very good reasons for dying.

ptsd?
No
SHELL-SHOCK
youtu.be/hSp8IyaKCs0

They did, it just wasn't named.

fucking fag

ill kill for god and country and my kin group and even just my nigger neighbors any given day even if im unfit and will die. i love this country, the USA, and its about as close to the sweet freedom we dream of can get; id fight to keep my freedoms regardless of cost. reality is that the state exists, even if it isnt pleasant, there are still things worth fighting for, and if you dont have that hope for tomorrow, you shouldnt fight; you should fucking kill yourself.

new world order wont be better or worse than old world order. god is dead, and we have killed him. we wont be able to wash the torrents of blood off our hands. we cant absolve ourselves of fascism and communism, but tomorrow you can live for being a better human and personally whether its right or left, people have common values that if banded together could save us in the long run. if everything is a conspiracy then just kill yourself. youre a victim, right? its all about your individualist bullshit gay shit mindset, thats selfish.

ill fight tooth and nail to live, and by god, i dont give a damn about the consequences. to live is to die. if you run away from shit your whole life, youll never amount to a goddamn thing. fucking faggot pansy.

youtube.com/watch?v=uAE6Il6OTcs

youtube.com/watch?v=lCsH1g5ZESk

>why did our grandfathers, great-grandfathers, and great-great-grandfathers not suffer from this faggiest of afflictions when they fought in the two greatest wars the world has ever see?
They actually did and did so in great numbers. PTSD stems from the diagnosis of "Shell shock" that plagued soldiers in WWI. Men were only left on the front trenches a few days at a time and were rotated out like they do in lacrosse. This is because they would succumb to this affliction in higher numbers if left there for a few days as opposed to being left there for a few weeks.

In WWII they suffered the same effect. Men were left in battle for too long seeing friends they spent ages training with die in horrific ways and were facing some really fucked situations. Most these men never thought they'd end up in a war and the reality of said war really kicked them in the nards. This goes double for those who were in the Pacific who suffered from PTSD in almost universal numbers.

The reason why the older generations didn't suffer as much for it is because they weren't universally labeled as wellfare leaches or mama killers and baby rapists. They were beloved by the general population and constantly reassured what they did and suffered through meant something. This background support eased some burden. Also a lack of knowledge around the mental issues was seen as the side effect of being a soldier.

Many who came back from previous wars suffered from many symptoms we see now. "'nam flashbacks," alcoholism, wife beating, children beating, becoming cold and distant, suicide, all plagued people returning from war.

Cont

>HURRRRRR IZ SHELLSHOCK OPEY IT WUZ DIFRNT NAIM

why are you so predictable, reddit?

Our jostling and cries for help and screams of panic were finally obliterated by explosions. Everyone who was able to had run off the street. The slightest protuberance offered some hope of survival, as a wall of fire passed over the two thousand troops concentrated on that spot. The wounded, abandoned in the open, lay writhing in the dust. Through the uproar, we could hear the sound of disarticulated bodies falling back to the ground in broken pieces. As at Belgorod, the earth shook, and everything trembled and grew dim, as the whole landscape suddenly became mobile. The filthy hands of ill and wounded men resigned to death scratched the ground for one last time, and the lined faces of veterans who believed they had already seen everything were transformed by desperate, imploring panic. Quite near us, behind a heap of tiles, a Russian shell scored a bull's eye, exploding in the midst of eleven men who had huddled together like children caught in a sudden rain. The Russian shell landed in the precise center of their trembling group, mixing flesh and bones and tiles in a torrent of blood.

Chance, which continued to favor me, had driven me along with three companions to the shelter of a staircase in a roofless house. The building was hit on all sides during the bombardment, and the cellar filled with broken beams and other debris. However, thanks to our extraordinary helmets, our heads survived intact. When the thunder stopped for a moment and we heard the screams of the newly wounded, we looked outside. The horror of what we saw was so overwhelming that we fell back, as if paralyzed, onto the shaky stairs.

"God help us," someone shouted. "There's nothing but blood."

>fast forward today and drone operators are getting diagnosed with ptsd from essentially playing the AC-130 mission in modern warfare 1 all day
This is because of two reasons. One legit and one fake.

The legit one is centered around the absolute fact that despite humans being violent, it does take something out of us to kill another person, even more so when it's in large, indiscriminate numbers. Now more than ever pilots and drone operators are made aware of how many they're killing and they aren't killing uniformed soldiers, they're killing possibly innocent civilians just labeled "combatants" because they happen to be wrong place and wrong time. Imagine doing that. Pulling the trigger than kills 20 people, 12 of which were innocent civilians who just got unlucky. With a flick of a switch you ended 12 lives who did nothing to you or your country. You just committed a straight the fuck up mass murder.

The fake ones are for those who want out but want a lot of benefits they know they won't see when they retire early.

>why are "men" today so soft?
It's not a matter of softness but in military culture, general culture at large, the nature of warfare today, and knowledge about mental illness and mental issues from the stresses of war.

If you've ever seen Generation Kill you learn that the reason the Gunny is upside their heads all the time about the grooming standard is not because he cares but because he knew it'd take their minds off of all the killing and fighting and just give them something to vent and bitch about as they all started to get drained and emotionally worn out from less than a month of fighting.

no one is reading your bullshit, hemmingway

They did suffer from PTSD but it was called shell shock or whatever other name they had for it during the appropriate time.

Learn your history and respect your veterans you fuck.

After ww2 in Aus at least it was refereed to as "war neurosis" and suffers were given electric shock therapy

My grandad had about over 30 "treatments", he was a raving lunatic prone to intense fits of anger, would beat the ever loving shit out of random people for no reason, would yell and scream constantly, died quite early (54) from an anxiety induced asthma attack

What I've seen and heard and the damage it did to the rest of the family (my dad, uncles, aunts are all pretty "touched" by it still, broke up the family, grandmother turned to a life of crime etc), I would not recommend going to war.

>convicts acting like criminals
color me shocked

no abos actually

fire away.

Oh yeah and I'm a combat vet with PTSD.. come say that shit to my face and see how far you get. Some of the hardest men I've ever known suffer from PTSD.

Just because a few pansies use it as an excuse for gibs does not mean it doesn't exist.

I just said this you illiterate spic. I made a whole fake quote/reddit joke about it a few comments up. please try and keep up

Calm down beans. nobody made you pull the trigger.

hang yourself faggot

"Something of this kind is happening on the other side. As a people, we are fortunate in being somewhat less indolent than they. If someone tells us to examine ourselves, we at least have the courage to do it. Our condition is not absolutely perfect, but at least we agree to look at other things, and take chances. We are now embarked on a risky enterprise, with no assurance of safety. We are advancing an idea of unity which is neither rich nor easily digestible, but the vast majority of the German people accept it and adhere to it, forging and forming it in an admirable collective effort. This is where we are now risking everything. We are trying, taking due account of the attitudes of society, to change the layers of filth bequeathed to us by our forebearers. We can expect no reward for this effort. We are loathed everywhere: if we should lose tomorrow those of us still alive after so much suffering would be judged without justice. We shall be accused of an infinity of murder, as if everywhere, and at all times, men at war did not behave in the same way. Those who have an interest in putting an end to our ideals will ridicule everything we believe in. We shall be spared nothing. Even the tombs of our heroes will be destroyed, only preserving- as a gesture out of respect towards the dead- a few which contain figures of doubtful heroism, who were never fully committed to our cause. With our deaths, all the prodigies of heroism which our daily circumstances require of us, and the memory of our comrades, dead and alive, and our communion of spirits, our fears and hopes, will vanish, and our history will never be told. Future generations will speak only of an idiotic, unqualified sacrifice. Whether you wanted it or not, you are now part of this undertaking, and nothing which follows can equal the efforts you have made..." Captain Wesreidau's last speech to his men before his death on the Russian Front, 1943.

I knew a guy who was a chef during the Iraq invasion, he claimed PSTD for government benefits and his brother was approved as his official caretaker and received a check from the taxpayer as well. They were constantly drunk at strip clubs.

I believe this will actually work, because people with ACTUAL PTSD can recall traumatic memories while the brain is flooded with dopamine and oxytocin which will internalize the memory as non-traumatic. Lots of people already use MDMA to get over severe trauma, they just often end up overdoing it and frying some serotonin pathways slowing down general cognition.

All of them.

nigger they did experience it, but they learned to overcome it.

>what's shell shock

this happens all the time. military personnel are worse than niggers

>what is kike

No fluoride in their water piping and they took care of their irrigation systems back in the day.

ok blue falcon

if they actually got on benzos over that shit I don't know why you haven't kicked their asses yet

They did you faggity fuck. They just recently came up with a medical term for it. Some PTSD Soldiers in WW1 were charged and killed for cowardice, but most likely had PTSD.

Kick their asses now and give them a rude awakening. You don't want to deal with people who have fucked themselves with benzos. Their body gets so used to not having to deal with anything because they are mush heads on benzos that they can't handle everyday life shit without severe mood swings.

oh thanks for pointing that out. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet. with Sup Forums being known for its intelligent userbase and all I figured it would've been brought up in atleast the first 3 comments. I am disappoint

Not even worth a b8 image, leaf.

>PTSD isn't real
youtu.be/k4Pd527GN48

Although I do admit that plenty who claim to have it, including war veterans, don't. Social trends of treating soldiers as victims means many soldiers accept that mantle falsely. But it certainly is real.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT
youtu.be/9JRLCBb7qK8

my grand father just got strict and angry.
I think he liked his moonshine, but I never saw him drunk, he died when I was really young. He was a partisan and was captured by the germans

this really
they just didn't have all this psychology crap then
they couldn't diagnose anything like this

They did have it. My grandpa became a massive alcoholic after what he saw in WW2 in the Pacific. He beat the ever loving shit out of my dad and grandma fairly consistently until he was finally thrown out of the house where he eventually died fairly young (mid 40s.) Things were just swept under the rug back then. Same deal with nam vets I've known. They just crawled into a hole and died, found a way to cope, or became the homeless people you see.

>Why didn't soldiers from other wars get PTSD?
They did. They always have, through to antiquity (the suicide of Ajax etc). We just didn't have a DSM-5 back then.

They did. My grandpa fought in Japan and hid grenades all over his house for the next sixty years.

bullshit. read the Illiad, all those guys have PTSD and pass it off as 'a god made me do it'

yeah, no

>Explosive blast traumatic brain injury (TBI) is one of the more serious wounds suffered by United States service members injured in the current conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan. Some military medical treatments for blast TBI that have been introduced successfully in the war theater include decompressive craniectomy, cerebral angiography, transcranial Doppler, hypertonic resuscitation fluids, among others. Stateside neurosurgery, neuro-critical care, and rehabilitation for these patients have similarly progressed. With experience, military physicians have been able to clinically describe blast TBI across the entire severity spectrum. One important clinical finding is that a significant number of severe blast TBI victims develop pseudoaneurysms and vasospasm, which can lead to delayed decompensation. Another is that mild blast TBI shares clinical features with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Observations suggest that the mechanism by which explosive blast injures the central nervous system may be more complex than initially assumed. Rigorous study at the basic science and clinical levels, including detailed biomechanical analysis, is needed to improve understanding of this disease. A comprehensive epidemiological study is also warranted to determine the prevalence of this disease and the factors that contribute most to the risk of developing it. Sadly, this military-specific disease has significant potential to become a civilian one as well.

It's exactly what I said. PTSD is a psychiatric phenomena, what was called shell shock is a combination of any ratio including 0/100 of blast neurotrauma and PTSD. Have a nice day.