ITT: Share stories about getting someone into an anime

Doesn't matter whether is a particular anime or anime in general

My friend got me into anime with One Punch Man.

I got into anime when I saw a cool picture of SAO on 9gag.

Got most of my friends into the Monogatari series by showing them the scene where pic related happens. Even if it's completely pointless and fanservice-y with context, lacking context it's fucking great

reddit

I think I saw a good amv and decided to try it, definitely worth it.

>implying I have friends to even get into anime

I got into anime with Higurashi and Elfen lied because I was at that "angst, gore and tits are mature" phase.

Obviously I've watched Pokemon and Digimon before that but the real point of no return were those shows.

I used anime to break the ice with a friend of mine, but jesus christ I shouldn't have done that. Not only he had terrible taste, it turned out he was an edgy (with the true meaning of the word) fuck in private.

OP didn't say how you got into anime, just how you got someone into one single anime show.

Anyway, my brother asked me for a good anime with few episodes so I recommended him Shinsekai Yori saying it's kinda gay at the start but totally worth it. He ended up loving it and that's pretty much it.

I forced a friend of mine to watch Oreimo and he loved it.

My little brother tends to watch whatever I'm watching when we meet over holidays.
Last time we marathoned UBW and he seemed to like it.

The only show I know he watched without me is Space Bros.

Got my friend to read Oyasumi Punpun and it became one of his favorite manga of all time.

I've personally been watching anime since I was a little kid but didn't get into Animeā„¢ until my friends in middle school convinced me to read Fruits Basket and Death Note. It was all downhill from there.

Also got my little sister into anime because I made the terrible mistake of watching Ouran in the living room when she was pretty young. She started watching it on her own and from there fell down the slippery slope into hell.

I'm slowly getting my little sister into anime. The furthest we got was 2/3s of Umaru. The best (or maybe worst) part of it was reading the subs for her since she can't read yet and saying her name whenever someone says Umaru's names.

I'm slowly turning her into a 2D lesbian, too. She loves big anime tiddies.

You're a good man

My little sister got interested in anime and games all by herself, she's like 11 but she's played shit like Monkey Island and Fable and watched FMA:B and Shinsekai Yori with me WITH the gay scenes and stuff. I don't know something must be wrong with her, in comparison my 10 yo brother seems like a total fucking retard.

you're a great sibling, tell your sister i said hi

Got my wife into anime by showing her SAO

I got into anime by hearing a lot of good things about Shingeki no Kyojin.

Doing god's work user.

I got a friend of mine into Ichi the Killer, Battle Royale and Soil. I regret nothing.

You're friends with a bunch of incestfags?

I'm the only incestfag in my group of friends, luckily. Same goes for lolicon but to a lesser extent (somehow my friend who isn't even into anime is a lolicon. I don't know how I did it but me being around them is cancerous)

My sister only watches Disney channel and Minecraft YouTubers. She thinks anime is weird looking.

How do I save her? She's 10 now

He's not a lollicon just normal pedophile

All I told him was to think about how mature 12 year old girls really were. Then he noticed and the rest is history.
I ruined him

Get her into stuff that looks like anime, but isn't anime. A example would be those french anime-inspired shows for little grills. Lolirock is a good one.

My sister also does enjoy Minecraft Youtubers, but you gotta take that with a grain of salt. Find one that plays all kinds of games, including anime ones (no matter how entry level) and show that to her.

I tried to get her into shows like Wakfu and she said it looked weird, then I told her it was French and she softened up a bit

Best I've done with her is get her into Malcolm in the Middle, and what kid youtubers do you have in mind? She usually watches stampy the cat, fucking furry shit i assume

That's too adorable user

Wakfu is 10/10, but it wouldn't hurt trying to get her into something more episodic and less action-y, like Totally Spies.

Can't help with that, i only know about BR ones. Maybe try to find a grill youtuber that is into animu instead of hairy dudes.