Any other americans on here second generationers from one (or both) of their parents...

any other americans on here second generationers from one (or both) of their parents? mom came here in the 80s from poland because soviet marshal law stuff

dad is generic italian american

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n7_oErIKHZw
youtube.com/watch?v=ySOaNW6wRKs
youtube.com/watch?v=QA-1gA7drl0
youtube.com/watch?v=CKDdxMevxgs
youtube.com/watch?v=kKNrOas1qIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SvBu9GMrEsI
youtube.com/watch?v=mGtPxb3vFSk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

intredasting. What did your mother do? Did she speak english good?

i am, but i came here the moment communism ended in 1991.
this place kicks ass, its like hitlers wet dream.

i literally havent seen a single nigger in the last 3 years, not a fucking single one, im driving a new Camaro and im going to see the new Thor in IMAX in like 2 hours.

ya'll niggas living in the wrong country.

...Nope, only third generation here, and only for one grandparent.

My family's been here since the 1630s

She barely spoke english and pretty much hung out with a bunch of other polish immigrants while working as a housekeeper in san fran, then moved to nyc where she met my dad

she speaks english fluently now, and she raised me speaking both langauges, i can speak it well but i have a hard time understanding some grammatical structures when writing it

i visited my aunt a few times where they live, (in a little town called strzelin) but i also fancy some chick from Slovakia who i met here when she was visiting, so i wanna go back asap

damnnn you PA dutch? haha most families of PA dutch people have been here for agggges

and how old was she when she gave birth to you?

Nope, family was pure blooded WASP up until my grandpa became a catholic. Spent a century and a half in some valley in Appalachia where there are distant relatives to this day

41, and im 21 now, so shes relatively close to babcia status. my parents are old lol

thats sick tho, thats pretty much trve classic american

so at what age did she emigrate? What family background did she have?

in her late twenties, and i dont really know alot about her parents. i know that my dziadek had a ukranian mother, and that my babcia was usually just typical polish housewife and all that.

dziadek was an engineer, had to join the communist party to even get that job and barely make ends meet. relatively poor upbringing but they were happy

Greetz bro. You're welcomed here.

if he was an engineer then he had it better than others anyway, I'm surprised she had to emigrate. So she was wandering around USA alone until she met your father in NY?

nope. when she left poland, she was still in europe for two years. she was in a refugee camp in austria until she came here with her then boyfriend. they lived in san fran for a year or two, and then moved to the east coast.

funny thing is, her and that guy ended up breaking up but still living together when my mom met my dad, and when my parents moved out here in pennsylvania, her ex ended up being in the same neighborhood with another polish immigrant and i grew up with their daughter

Wait, you met her in Poland?
Well that's quite weird, I don't know many people having a polish family in here. Just the Gorals but those guys are basicly poles lite.

Both parents born and raised in Poland. I speak polish and frequently go there, AMA

>ya'll niggas living in the wrong country.
ofcourse

youtube.com/watch?v=n7_oErIKHZw

Are You one of those Chicago Polonia? :D

no like here i meant USA haha. shes honestly a great girl, some of the things shes showed me of your guys culture is beautiful, like the slovak meadow songs and how alot of slovaks hate hungarians hahah

where they from?? my moms from strzelin

youtube.com/watch?v=ySOaNW6wRKs this in particular its so pure.

its really crazy, slavic culture is truly timeless and beautiful. usa never really had culture in this sense

Well yes, folklore culture is still alive here. We still have some festivals and we also got something like a "singing competetion" in national TV, but it's only folk.
>youtube.com/watch?v=QA-1gA7drl0
>youtube.com/watch?v=CKDdxMevxgs
And this is probably the most famous one
>youtube.com/watch?v=kKNrOas1qIQ
I'm east slovak so I sometimes visit some festivals close to me, it's nice to see it alive. Best thing are differences between Rusyn and East slovak folk, both are in diffirent language and dialect but both sound good.

Shame stalin/hitler killed the smart poles and not the dumb ones.

Not only still alive but its actually becoming more and more popular at least here in Poland xD

youtube.com/watch?v=SvBu9GMrEsI

youtube.com/watch?v=mGtPxb3vFSk