Rules, Regulation and Moderation on Sup Forums - Part 4

Hiro is asking for input from boards about how they specifically should be moderated and what improvements can be made.

#

Mods please don't be retarded and delete this, read the /qa/ thread.

Old Threads
More people need to see that Hiro is ready for change.

The problem with a lot of narcissistic people on Sup Forums is that they see the boards as extensions of themselves, so when the boards fail to reflect favorably on them, they lash out in anger, confusion and frustration. This is exacerbated by the fact that most of us here on Sup Forums have little social contact, meaning that it is imperative for the more reclusive of us to find satisfying interactions here.

Because nobody except annoying tripfags assert any identity, it's easy to maintain the illusion that everyone here is "like myself", reflects "my tastes" and, even if it is never openly said, "gets me". So when evidence to the contrary emerges, this isn't put down to the fact that maybe the whole idea of cohesion was inaccurate, it's put down to the fact that some alien force has contaminated the boards, that something foreign is degrading the quality of something which was once pure, cohesive and representative of "my qualities".

This is the origin of the "stop liking what I don't like" problem people here have. It's a vain attempt to rid an expanded version of ones own ego of contamination by that which you do not approve of.

There is nothing else to talk about.

A conclusion has been decided and the majority of Sup Forums want general to fuck off.

The end.

>anti-general general
fun times

Is it too late to ban naruto threads again?

Ryuuko thread?

Fuck off

other than Sup Forums posters causing problems here and there(and they'll gone after November), I don't think I have much to complain about to be honest.

Tell that gook to fix up /his/ first

posting in delete general general

>4 (Four) threads complaining about the same things over and over

It's like I'm really on Sup Forums.

Highlight of these threads:
Allowing generals without strict regulations will only kill this board.
1. A lot of people argue that generals are a form of containment, as it contains shitposting into one thread and instead of having a gorillion threads about the same show you simply keep it in one thread, while this is partially true it's also fucking retarded. The shitposting almost always spreads out into other threads, not necessarily the same meme spamming, but the very quality of the posts, people tend to forget where they're posting and they start to use terms that others fucking despise. Shit like "Tbh, Smh ..." was being spammed almost everywhere because generalfaggots consider it something normal to post inside their generals.
2. The circle-jerk that goes on, people start tripfagging and try to create a persona in these threads to get attention, not only does this not pertain at all to the topic of discussion of not only the thread, but the fucking board, it also further lowers the quality of the thread and the board.
3. Due to the intense shitposting in these threads, the worst kind of people get attracted to them all the way from reddit and tumblr. These posters tend to not lurk at all and learn the board culture, and further drag down the quality of the board as they get interested in other threads and invite more people etc. This is all because of the anti-elitists shitposting and spamming the "le sekrit club xd" shit whenever someone tries to point out what a newfaggot did wrong.
4. As time goes by generals increase, more people feel inclined to make their owned generals pertaining their subject of choice. And example of this can be seen on Sup Forums, which has over 40 generals active on the front page at this very moment. Don't believe me? Check it out yourself

Ban ESLfags (broken English and liberal use of BTFO as a verb should result in a rangeban), ban yurifags and yaoifags who type like they're on tumblr, and let people self moderate a little. Also, delete all generals that aren't buyfag and DJT since those are actually learning resources.

That's it.

there is no need for another thread, everything as been discussed and still nothing is going to change

To do list
-Ban:
>generals
>saucefaggotry
>notanime/manga
-Make clear where other shit goes so it doesn't end up here
-Delete shitposts massively
Anything else?

some people have just gotten off work you know.
god I wish I was still a neet...

People will continue on making new generals when old generals hang around even when all discussion is fucking dead, this will end up clogging the board and killing the desire to even spark up any discussion outside of generals.
Unless a set of regulations is made out specifically for generals to control them, they will keep on being cancerous and being a burden to this board.
Another user's post:
I'd like to add to your thoughts on general, with Sup Forums as an example.

The whole purpose of /vg/ was to clean Sup Forums up of reoccurring threads from filling the front page up. This was BEFORE the catalog existed, so /vg/ was a contemporary solution. After the catalog was made, /vg/ became redundant, and only existed to foster the idea of "generals."

Reoccurring video game threads were fine, because games come out and you play them for weeks, maybe months if it has multiplayer. After creating /vg/, generals began to exist for extended periods of time, years even. They became the apex of community of circlejerks; after you post with a group of people for a year, you naturally identify people and form cliques. This also negatively affected Sup Forums, too. If Sup Forums happened to like a game enough to make frequent threads about it, it would be labeled a general, then kicked off Sup Forums. Then people go "Sup Forums hates video games, see, there's no threads for games Sup Forums likes!"

In Sup Forums's case, you don't need fucking generals for an episode of anime or a chapter of manga. Just because the catalog exists, and there's no /ag/ doesn't mean you can circlejerk all day. Just have threads when content come out, is that so fucking hard?

I decided to make a summary of the last three threads
Sup Forums has too many insular threads. There are generals that are up 24/7 without any constructive discussion, since they have run out of content to discuss. As a result, they have degenerated into circlejerks with low quality posts and zero worthwhile discussion, and therefore deserve to get purged.
A new chapter once a month does not merit an around-the-clock thread. The primary issue is generals for shows that long since have ended.
DJT was mod approved and since Buyfag threads do not fit in with /jp/, they both get to stay. Those, together with Sad Panda and Drawfag threads, have been here for a long time and are part of tradition.

Nothing rules-wise should be changed. Recommendation threads should get redirected to /wsr/ and should be deleted as usual. Light Novels which already have anime or manga are allowed.
No board split of any kind. It doesn't need to be said, but as demonstrated by /vg/ and Sup Forums, where the majority of generals have devolved into chatrooms, there is nothing worse you could wish for than an anime general board.
A manga board is out of the question since manga is inseparable from anime discussion on Sup Forums. The problem of lack of threads that user likes can be solved by user making threads for series he likes, and not making new whole boards.
No sticky.

I'm late, let me join in on the fun.

Man, you subhumans and liberal retards are an extra special kind of stupid, aren't you?

Did anything even get agreed upon?

Because I'm unironically in favor of /ag/ if not just to move those threads out of Sup Forums

ban naruto

English is my fourth language. I'm safe?

there are benefits to generals,
but I do believe if someone wants to discuss a show outside a particular general they shouldn't be stopped.

Like 95% of the anons in the previous threads agreed that generals should be purged.

Fuck off.

>Also, delete all generals that aren't buyfag and DJT since those are actually learning resources.

Fuck off retard.

I used to be of the opinion that nothing should be done but I'm slowly being convinced that purging generals might be a good idea.
also public sage

I think that the best way to improve Sup Forums is by moderating other boards better, so we won't have that much problems with crossboarders bringing their cancerous culture to this board.

Though either of deleting generals, banning unnecessary tripfags, moving /c/&/d/&/e/-esque threads, warning crossboarders/people with low quality images/people who post non-Sup Forums related images would probably help.

>Ban ESLfags
>buyfag and DJT are actually learning resources.
Nigger hating blacks

English isn't my first language either, but as long as neither of us make a thousands threads about "HAHAHAHAH I read mistranslated spoilers on animesuki and now I'm going to greentext them! Xfags BTFO'd so hard hahaha!" then I think we're fine.

Ryuko is cute.

kill yourself faggot

>rules
>Sup Forums

jesus christ I hate you people if it fits the boards topic just let be

allow light novels
change all of the Sup Forums mods

Yes removing generals, specially those not anime related like DJT.

The problem with generals is that they're excuses for circlejerks because you have a series with no new content, or slow content and then people who want to blog and establish and identity flock there. DJT promotes learning moon and freeing yourself from the fan translation jew, and buyfagging is literally the one way people here meaningfully contribute to the industry, and since both of them aren't about a series they don't end up with "stale" content and attention whoring like a normal general.

I don't go in either, but they serve a purpose.

>a reasonable post
Fuck you user, I want to bitch and whine about threads I hate.

Sup Forums stats for the lulz

>/ag/
that is fucking retarded

^^^Case and point

>if it fits the boards topic just let be
How do you define that?

>GuP threads will finally be deleted
>I can finally kill myself

Nice knowing you lads. They were my only friends.

Just do this.

Is that what this is for you, a "lulz"?

Fuck off

all stats together

Fuck off one was enough

even if mods decide miraculously delete the generals their circlejerks will keep making them or just put another name and eventually mods will give up again

>General Anti-General
for what purpose
is Hiro even reading this

I like generals, I dont want to see them deleted.

Who said they were?

Futa/trap/yaoi/yuri threads have to go. There are boards for those things.

>Sup Forums more popular than Sup Forums
this put a smile on my face
does it fucking involve anime or manga

They are generals.

Ain't nobody touchin mah JoJo's.

Hurry it up, I want to make the next one.

not /qa/ so no

This must suck for the colorblind.

This user knows whats up

>Pretend you're mad because people go off on huge rants about the average black IQ being lower
>Someone says nigger or shekle in a thread
>Cry about Sup Forums
>Someone says to fuck off
>"See! It's just like I said!"
Anti-Sup Forumsfags are actually retarded. I sincerely mean it. You're not fighting pepe spam or white supremacy threads, you're just butthurt that Sup Forums exists and think any mention of politics in discussion about anime featuring politics, or use of the word nigger (a Sup Forums staple) is an excuse for you to cry and pretend the evil boogeyman is there.

No, of course not.
The OP isn't even from Sup Forums, either. They just took hiro's words on /qa/ as permission to spam meta threads outside of /qa/ and that's what they've been doing.

This is only tangentially related to the topic at hand, but am I the only person with a distaste for these thinly-veiled recommendation threads? Or rather, not the thread itself, but the fact that people actually spoonfeed the OP?
This is a shining example of why spoonfeeding and recommendation threads are looked down upon. People who spoonfeed obvious requests are just as bad as the people that beg for them; all you're doing is encouraging laziness and reinforcing selfish behavior, leading recfags to believe that Sup Forums will adapt to them when it should be THEY who adapt to the board itself.

It hurts my soul to see people indulge this kind of behavior rather than telling them to fuck off.

HIRO mighty chink of chang please allow Light Novel discussion on Sup Forums, they are part of Sup Forums since the begining and are also a big part of Sup Forums

What happens at 1500?

>does it fucking involve anime or manga
I don't know does japan involve anime or manga?
Does high school anime clubs involve anime and manga?
Does videogames involve anime and manga?
You can make literally anything anime or manga related.

>those /vp/ spikes
The fuck it /vp/ doing?

It's simple then.
Autoban words synonymous with said generals until it's all over.

DJT is full of lazy idiots who can't read a kanji to save their life, attention whores who spam their "progress" and retarded apes asking idiotic questions which are then answered by actual retarded people who don't know what are the talking about

That's when all the kids come back from school

Dumb cumiko poster.

Ban DB Super general threads and force re-direct the underages back to Sup Forums.

Also delete unironic shitting on Naruto threads. They're just normies who haven't lurked for enough months and are just as bad as the Narutards.

It also has a fantastic database for learning tools that have helped people (myself included) to actually learn moon. Sup Forums doesn't do sticky's, but the DJT is essentially a floating sticky, even if the people posting there are actually retarded.

>don't go in either

And it shows, DJT is stale as fuck and it's all about reposting the same memes every thread and arguing about my learning method is better than your learning method ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

With many of those generals it is true, but generals for games like LoL, CS or Dota would exist anyway. There are people that literally play a single game for years, follow the competetive scene etc.

I also think it's a shame that there's pretty much no other good place for VN discussion right now.

Then put it on the wiki and delete them from/a/

see

Don't bully the Kumiko

But the Bible back in Sup Forums.

I'm still of the opinion that an anime board dedicated to the newest seasonal anime is fine and would help Sup Forums.
And once the show has ended, it gets banished back to Sup Forums for normal discussions.

>Shit like "Tbh, Smh ..." was being spammed almost everywhere because generalfaggots consider it something normal to post inside their generals.

Except Sup Forums, whose general problem is tiny compared to Sup Forums's, spammed those words the most.

To do list
-Ban:
>generals
>saucefaggotry
>notanime/manga
>-Make clear where other shit goes so it doesn't end up here
>-Delete shitposts massively
>Anything else?

>notanime/manga
add lightnovel to it and we can agree lightnovels were always a part of Sup Forums because most animes and manga base on them also they are basicly written mangas and LN disscusion were always a part of Sup Forums since the begining even Moot did disscuss LN with us back in the days.

you can say that about anything really,
if they arn't bothering anyone why bother?

And faggots from Sup Forums started spamming those words in said generals, and then the other posters adopted them and the cancer spread even further.

That shit is contrary to the laws of God, is eternal damnation appealing to you?

school lets out

Why the fuck doesn't /jp/ just take the torch with DJT?

It's definitely /jp/ related and it's not like them missing a slot for one of their wich 2hu wud u fuk threads is gonna hurt all that much, that place is dead.

This.

Fuck off.

If Sup Forums people come here and spout their inane bullshit where it's neither wanted or needed then yes the evil boogieman is here.

Man when you compare Sup Forums with any of the big board this place is like heaven.

Thats how bad the rest of Sup Forums is.

More like it shows how fucking paranoid you are. I can effortlessly derail a thread by asking sauce and then samefag and answer my own post.

sorry forgot first grapic is with all boards Sup Forums (brown top one) and Sup Forums and /vg/ below it included, they are the three biggest boards we have appart from Sup Forums

>is eternal damnation appealing to you?

Because no one in their right mind goes to /jp/ and the point of the DJT is to more people here learn moon and stop bitching about ESL scanlators and meme anime subbers.

The word nigger isn't inane Sup Forums bullshit, you stupid fucking newfag.

/jp/ already knows nihongi, just like Sup Forums knows how to pregramm

What do generals have to do with it? That's just typical poster mimicking other poster behavior. Generals are bad, but when you attribute every single flaw on Sup Forums to them you lose credibility.

We need a LN general, /jp/ sucks.
Also ban rec threads,

And a set of actions has to be taken to maintain and even improve the quality of this board. The first of these set of actions is to purge all generals.

redpill me on who you were quoting in your post

>general
It's just a one-time chain thread, it will be gone tomorrow.