Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ho8ZgrX81ek
youtube.com/watch?v=V5ZFRBIeNZg
youtube.com/watch?v=CC73lD1pKqE
amazon.co.jp/ジャンル別Sup
tenso.com/en/
realkanji.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=GBnM6pdwZGQ
community.memrise.com/t/course-forum-japanese-drama-immersion-jdi-course-series/1756
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

F-first?

Let's work hard today all day.

Yeah. Seems DJT is dead at this time of night. I waited a long time to make one, thinking someone was about to.

You too, user! we CAN learn Japanese.

reminder that you never achieve your dream. Hard work is merely an illusion and self-doubt.

Crabs in a bucket. Adults can, and have, learnt a second language despite being monolinugal their entire lives.

Let's be a positive thread!

Just finished the first chapter of ココロコネクト, my first foray into authentic reading material! Feelsgoodman.

Good job. Yui best girl btw.

先輩たち出来る!

Good choice, though I prefer glorious Inaban. Anybody but Nagase tho tbqh.

チンポ舐めたい

Why does everyone hate RTK so much? It's recommended in your guide.

I don't hate it, but there's this guy who argues about anything that looks like a competitor and it's really fucking annoying.

Fair enough, Inaban is amazing. I liked her the most back when I watched the anime but I feel Yui's charm is conveyed better in the LN.

RTK doesn't teach you the real meanings, it's good if you have a hard time telling "squiggles apart", but kanjidamage is better.

kanjidamage is also bad, just in worse ways

the least time-consuming method for kanji study would probably be to take KKLC's keywords and do the RTK method with them instead of the KKLC method

避難訓練 anyone

RTK is a massive fucking waste of time. You don't learn the readings which is literally the most important part of kanji. You're better off going through something like kanjidamage or a similar deck which has mnemonics to help memorize the form and also teaches you the readings.

避難訓練より、非難訓練の方が重要です

In what way is KD bad?

I have to look into KKLC, but I dislike how you can study all of RTK, and not know a single meaning. Just seems like a waste.

Whats the difference between
Vうる and Vえる

well RTK's keywords are at least an attempt at reflecting the character's "meaning", they're just not as accurate as they should be because of the heavy emphasis on production

KD is bad because it's full of misinformation

KKLC is actually a vocabulary course targeted at people who think japanese is all about learning the kanji. KKLC has multiple words per kanji and has 2300 kanji, so it probably teaches people more words than core 6k does. I didn't count.

Some misinfo sure, like how he describes some as "compound words", and perhaps takes a more liberal view, but at least you, you know, learn the kanji

>KD is bad because it's full of misinformation
>full of misinformation

Nice hyperbole.

Sure, his rating system of the usefulness of a kanji or its reading is mostly wrong but there's no other misinformation. And you can literally ignore all that shit anyway since the only thing you should care about is the readings.

there's also the misinformation about component structure desu

that's probably my biggest pet peeve

What's the best way to acquire physical untranslated light novels in the US? Japanese Amazon? I tried looking through the buyfag guide but couldn't find anything.

Rather a bit of misinformation that will end up being corrected with experience than wasting god knows how many hours on not actually learning the kanji

i'd rather not tell people to learn kanji in the first place

おはようおねえちゃん

おなかがすいたよ

たこやきをたべたい

Learning kanji is important if you ever want to write/produce japanese.

just to be sure did you mean handwriting

>さっきの同じ画像

youtube.com/watch?v=Ho8ZgrX81ek
youtube.com/watch?v=V5ZFRBIeNZg
youtube.com/watch?v=CC73lD1pKqE

amazon.co.jp/ジャンル別Sup Forumsref=sv_b_1?ie=UTF8&node=465610
tenso.com/en/

This.

The only thing I even look at in the KD deck is the kanji, the mnemonic, and the readings. The rest is all irrelevant bullshit. Just use it as a tool to learn kanji as quick as possible and then have a separate vocab deck where you actually see the kanji being used in an actual context.

Though I will say that the mnemonics for some of the later kanji are really lazy as fuck and just plain awful.

why doesn't DJT make a kanji mnemonics deck?

>重要です
確かにこのスレには
でも、どうやって?

Figures, thanks

Learning the characters themselves is a helpful foundation, and yes, some people would like to handwrite japanese as well.

well I don't think handwriting kanji is going to be of direct concern to the majority of people learning japanese through this thread, and in the cases where it is, it's going to be relegated to simple kanji (i.e. taking low level proficiency exams that involve handwriting)

Eh, in general I think studying kanji is worth doing.

In my experience, it allows for easier reading comprehension, and the base it establishes after 2k or so kanji make it easier to branch out to new things.

I think it's a matter of if you want to frontload your work and establish a good base, or else gimp yourself later.

天にまします我らの父よ、
願わくは御名をあがめさせたまえ
御国を来たらせたまえ
御心の天になるごとく、
地にもなさせたまえ
我らの日用の糧を、今日も与えたまえ
我らに罪をおかす者を、我らがゆるすごとく、
我らの罪をもゆるしたまえ
我らを試みにあわせず、悪より救いいだしたまえ
国と力と栄えとは
限りなく汝のものなればなり
アーメン

it's a good idea if you come up with on your own, but there are a very large number of people that are recommended kanji study as the first step (after the kana) to learning how to read japanese, and spend insane amounts of time on it

so, whenever I have to recommend kanji study to someone, I isolate them from resources that isolate them from things other than kanji, even if the resource seems less efficient. nukemarine's core is a great way to trick people who want to learn kanji into learning vocabulary, even though it's a shitty vocabulary deck; kklc does something similar, like said

It's best to ignore the opinions of most of the retards in these threads unless they provide some sort of valid reasoning for their opinions.
At the end of the day all you can do is try things out yourself and assess what works best for you.

You can't really isolate the study of kanji from vocab completely, and vice versa though.

It would be trying to study words without getting vocab in english. They're linked by their very nature, resources just tend to learn more to one side.

I think studying that favours kanji allows for a deeper understanding in the future, but should of course be alongside vocab. I'm not saying "oh study only kanji, don't worry about picking up any of the vocab", but I think that more foundational information will really aid you in your quest to understand japanese.

この風に

>realkanji.com/

For how long has this existed?

I love it.

This is the only real answer. It's fine to listen to what people have to say to forge your own opinion by either agreeing or disagreeing with them but you should be careful.

From experience DJT folks love to share their hot opinions about things they don't necessarily comprehend themselves or have straight up never tried first hand.

Watching anime is the best way to learn Japanese

youtube.com/watch?v=GBnM6pdwZGQ

If you don't understand this without subs you don't know japanese.

I do believe watching anime is extremely good for you.

And to add to my previous post I believe most methods work as long as you put work into them and do them properly. For example I don't like KD but I've seen people who ended up being quite successful with it. To each their own. On the other hand arguing for hours on DJT does you no good.

You don't have to give me any further proof that I don't know Japanese.

>tfw you can actually read that

on a sidenote, learning wapanese makes me very grateful to speak a language that uses an alphabet that doesn't look like the runes you find in skyrim

>Glorious Japanese mixed with filthy korean
Sounds like shit m8

Been at this for almost two weeks now. I already feel like my retention in general has improved. Did anyone else feel this way?

The guide, resource guide, reading list, cornucopia, etc. are all basically testament to the general acceptance that the best way to go about learning Japanese is the way you decide and with what tools you prefer. In many ways, a lot of the arguing over X and Y in these threads are overshadowed by the very nature of how everything in the op link pages have been set up, and that is the first place people are directed to.
Almost ironic in a way that the anons who created those structures can be often seen arguing against this sort of "what works best is anything you actually fucking use and keep using" type philosophy. Like ants piled upon each other in a large mound all claiming they despite the idea of an ant mound.

Literally less korean than Glorious Japanese, user :)

It's been SUPER rough, but yeah, I'm starting to remember the kanji. I was hyped when 'watashi' and 'genki' popped up in my Anki deck and I still remembered them from Kae Tim's course.

Any exceedingly simple anime to watch?
I really want to learn the anime dialect of japanese.

It's been tainted so it doesn't count as Japanese anymore

Teekyuu

But user, it is the most untainted of all, as it is pure and untainted above all.

I barely got out of NEETdom and am in a coding class but I feel like I can remember stuff easier then when I was in school before being NEET.

Has anyone done this course?
community.memrise.com/t/course-forum-japanese-drama-immersion-jdi-course-series/1756

Can I save learning kanji till the end of 2k? Learning kanji sounds interesting but I really just want to do vocab and grammar so I can read something.

There's really no reason you can't do them in tandem, user.

Barring that, yes, you can put off kanji, but I would recommend you study it sooner rather than later.

If by 2k you mean core 2k, you need to learn around 1k kanji for those 2k words

>need
What do you mean need? Retaining the words by how they work is hard yes, but why would I need 1k kanji?

This is just atrocious. Atrocious.
Why do we keep on getting koreans trying to highjack the only DJT of a/ every.fucking.time? Go make your own board and fucking leave us alone!

>user can't tell korean from japanese
heh
That's japanese, user

Because the words are written out with kanji?

Hi, newb here (I think I'm around N4-N5 level). I'm currently reading through DoBJG as quickly as I can as user suggested here, and doing core 10k in normal pace. Since I'm almost finished with that book, should I continue to the intermediate one? Or would it be better if I start focusing on other things such as kanji, or start reading native materials, or even reading textbooks? (I have completed a book similar to genki I) The thing is, I cannot do too many things at once as I'm easily loose focused and overwhelmed.

I mean have I not been learning the words without 1k kanji? Why doesn't feel like I need them? I started two days ago on Anki cord2k and it's been alright not expecting it to always be this way though.

You should be attempting to read at all times. Only if you attempt to read at all times will you naturally start reading once you're able to. Once you're able to read, reading is by far the most important part of studying japanese.

thank you, user.

I don't mean you need to know 1k kanji before doing the deck, I mean you will need to learn 1k kanji while learning the vocab that use them

Most moe slice of life like Gochuumon or romance anime are good.

oh okay user. Thanks for clarifying.

Dang, looked up the language and it's actually pretty amazing. Even though it's Japonic it has a ton of crazy consonant clusters, e.g.:

>/sssu/ 'dust.ACC' (from ss 'dust')
>/pssma/ 'day'
>/kff kss/ 'the hook that I make'

I want to learn it :

>膣襞

How would you pronounce this word? ちつひだ? ちつへき?

How do I stop this from appearing on the front (highlighted in yellow)
Do I have to edit all the cards manually?

Finally going to meet my tutor tomorrow. I hope it goes well.

This thread is your blog

ちつひだ
そんな言葉覚えなくていいからAnkiしなさい

Mess with the template for front. Try removing "Kanji", and it seems to actually be the reading.

I'll be sure to keep you updated, senpai.

It's still there. :(

Check what each field on a sample card holds. Does the "Reading" field have both the furigana and the kanji?

Thanks for the confirmation, that is what I was thinking.

Yeah, I think.
It's why I was afraid I was going to have to edit all the cards.

Yeah you look SOL. There seems to be more fields, but unless one is just the kanji without reading you're pooched.

Is that for an autopopulated mining deck, or core something, or...?

It's a deck created by someone who made a frequency list (?) of the most common words/phrases in visual novels. I thought this would be more useful for me than the regular core2k deck since it won't contain business/science stuff.

I started on it a few days ago but someone told me it's not a good idea for the hiragana to be right next to the kanji so I wanted to start over.

Eh, I'd probably stick with the core, to be honest. The difference probably won't be that massive, and it's better to have a general understanding. That deck or core, you're gonna be mining a lot of words anyway, unless you get a deck based solely off one novel and read that.

>日本語で色々な思想が伝えられるのに英語だけで話す人
どうして?

Just read a lot, senpai, and ditch Anki. If you're learning the language to read a lot anyway, you really don't need it.
People seem way too dependent on that shit.

ないんじゃない?

>Ditch anki

Don't do this.

Anki isn't a cure all, but hell if it isn't a great tool.

It's a waste of time if you read a lot

Just wanted to say thanks to the guy who put up the DOJG neocities reference page. Very helpful.