Storytime: Konjiki no Gash!! AKA Zatch Bell: Volume 11

Continuing my dump of Gash bell.

Gash bell is a Shonen action/comedy series by Makoto Raiku. The basic plot premise is that there are 100 kids from the demon world who come into the normal world to fight until only 1 is left standing, who is crowned king;

I'll be making a thread every day (can't give a specific consistent time of day yet due to IRL bullshit) and will post 1 volume every day until the whole run is posted.

Opening 1: youtube.com/watch?v=I0Ir4LL9Bkc

Previous threads (Be aware deleted spoilers will still be shown in third party arcvhive links!)
Volume 1: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/146776390
Volume 2: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/146824912/#146824912
Volume 3: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/146873557/#146873557
Volume 4: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/146922715/#146922715
Volume 5: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/146977207/#146977207
Volume 6: Volume 7: Volume 8: Volume 9: Volume 10:

Other urls found in this thread:

n-u-l-l.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=Mc0JRy-JloM
youtube.com/watch?v=ew0YZqhjG_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>FAQ:

>Why should I be interested?
It has really fantastic art, good humor, great tactical fight's with great choreography and is really excellent at utilizing both positive and negative emotions for FEELS; admittedly the series is a little rough untill arc 2 rolls around where all the above really shines; the art in particular.

>Where are your scans from?
NULL's release. their site is here: n-u-l-l.net/ and they can also be found on bato.to and mangasaurus. EBJ has superior digital volumes for sale on their site, but they are japanese only, I'll be buying and ripping them eventually. There's also some really amazing quality Portuguese scans, but only for like 20 chapters halfway into the series, and, you know, aren't in english.

A-Destiny has really amazingly high res scans in english for the last 3 volumes, but they aren't publically available anywhere right now other then the last 3 volumes as jpgs on otakusmash, and the translation is generally nost as good as NUll's I feel in most cases. They also have 18-30, but thye quality isn't much better then Null's and the translation is still iffy.

>Isn't Zatch bell that kiddy pokemon ripoff?
You probably saw the localized anime. The anime is pretty not great, and the localization is fucking terrible. The manga is way better, but even it admittedly starts out only above average untill it gets into the second arc.

I encourage you to post and respond to stuff as i'm dumping pages. It's far more fun for me while dumping if I see other people reacting to stuff that's happening and there' conversations I can reply to.

HOWEVER, please do not post images till I finish so the image limit isn't hit before then, and use your judgement for how often you post/how long what you are posting is. Don't overdo it.

DON'T POST SPOILERS (IE ANYTHING PAST THE CURRENT DUMPED PAGE OF THE CURRENT VOLUME) OUTSIDE OF SPOILER TAGS

Shit OP you're on a roll.
Thanks for doing this OP.

I never knew someone loved Gash Bell as much as I did.

Also, for anons, this thread and last thread were made at wierd times, and last thread I had IRL issues so I stopped dumping midway through and resumed a few hours later

Make sure you actually read all of volume 10 and prior volumes and you aren't reading this one early by mistake

I may have to stop this thread tioo due to irl stuff but we'll see

OP?

he passed out, rip

IT BEGINS
Kid and Riddle are the best

out fucking skilled

this fucking chapter

REV UP THOSE CHEESY TOKUSATSU SHOW THEME SONGS

More top tier reaction image material here

kek

Thank you for that. I stayed up just for this chapter.

Worth noting that Kolulu, Baltro, and Kid here all share the "Ze-" spell stem,

The wiki justifies this as "It means something involving manipulation, ususally of the body", but that seems like a real stretch to apply to all 3, where Kolulu's spells are all about her claws or hands, Baltro's is about using flowers psychokinecttally, and Kid's, as seen here, is mechanical weapons and shit.

I don't fucking know man

>last panel
I'm gonna be seeing that face in my nightmares I swear

This is my favorite moment in the entire series and I'm sad it had to drop when most of Sup Forums is asleep.

People will see it when they wake up.

>most of Sup Forums
>implying most of us basement dwellers don't stay awake all night

Kid having Zerusen like Kolulu is literally the only thing that ties the 3 spell lines together beyond the "ze".

If not for this, Zer, Zeg, and Zeb would all be just seperate stems.

God damnit raiku. You even went to the trouble of having Kid's Zerusen be mechanical rather then organic like Kolulu's

whoops, should be quoting

Oh and Zeberuku also beibg "Zeb" and not "zeg"

>The anime Suzume is cuuuute
Even Raiku acknowledges best girl.

Also, WHY THE FUCK DOES RIDDLES HAVE ANSWER TALKER EYES

DID RAIKU INTEND FOR HIM TO HAVE IT TOO? IS THAT WHY HE "KNOWS EVERYTHING"

IS THERE EVEN A SINGLE CHARACTER IN THIS SERIES WHO DIDN'T HAVE A PROTOTYPE OF ANSWER TALKER?

Not sure why he;s coming to the realization in thought bubbles but riddle can somehow hear it

love this spread

The comedy in this manga is even better than how I remembered it

The eyes
THE EYES
Is it foreshadowing? Was it ever confirmed that he has it?

see
He doesn't actually have it but between him and Apollo and Sunbeam it feels like fucking every character had some sort of prototype of it that Raiku was working out

Probably all have some demon in them from the last fights, which give them some magic blood.

>everyone gets a description and a cool action pose

>Big Boing!!!
kek

Somebody stop this madman.

Can demons and humans even procreate?

Ask wonlee and jackie chan.

Gash should have gotten a spell that was a regular bolt of lightning from above, like a Zaker from the sky, that he could aim to got around shields, and whatnot.

But do they have babies?

the anime did this scene justice

youtube.com/watch?v=Mc0JRy-JloM

Now there's a riddle only your heart knows the answer to.

>That absolutely sexy engrish
>Big Boing
>Oh Yeah!

where the fuck did it come from, I heard it in other animes to

this one's from Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka
youtube.com/watch?v=ew0YZqhjG_o

Well shit. It must be Japans answer to the wilhelm scream.

Well, I mean, Kid is controlling machinery from his own body, as seen with a lot of his spells it involves manipulating large or complex weaponry from his own body.

I mean yeah but that's an extremely tenous connection with what Kolulu does

I really feel for Gash here. He seemed really depressed over that loss and to get a new spell that fits his personal desires so perfectly, it's like a wish come true.

This personally seems silly to me, to have a spell devoted solely to separating his body, especially when we see other demons later that have special abilities not related to their spells. I can only see it being explained as Riddle having unlocked so many of Kid's spells that outside of his strongest spells that he just unlocks a bunch of minor, mundane spells

I don't think it's anything to do with Answer Talker, I think it's just an intimidating eye style Raiku likes to draw. Professor Riddle knows 'everything' cause hes the Riddle Professor of course.

There doesn't seem to be a rule saying every demon has the same number of spells. I can see Kiddo having a good dozen or more so long as the total potential power isn't too much compared to other demons with less a quantity of spells. Just look at Umagon, he has what, two spells by the end?