Tony Podesta Stepping Down From Lobbying Giant Amid Mueller Probe

>Democratic power lobbyist Tony Podesta, founder of the Podesta Group, is stepping down from the firm that bears his name after coming under investigation by special counsel Robert Mueller.

>Podesta announced his decision during a firm-wide meeting Monday morning and is alerting clients of his impending departure.

>Podesta is handing over full operational and financial control to longtime firm CEO Kimberley Fritts, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the meeting. Fritts and a senior group of the Podesta team will be launching a new firm in the next one or two days. Sources said the transition has been in the works for the past several months.

>“[Tony] was very magnanimous and said, “This is an amazing group of people,” a source said of Podesta’s remarks. Podesta also told staff he “doesn’t intend to go quietly, or learn how to play golf.” He said he “needs to fight this as an individual, but doesn’t want the firm to fight it.”

>Fritts also addressed the gathering, telling staff that she is “thrilled at this opportunity” and that, “This is not about me, this is about y’all.” Several other senior staff spoke about their excitement about the future of the firm. The meeting ended with a resounding ovation for Podesta.

politico.com/story/2017/10/30/tony-podesta-stepping-down-from-lobbying-giant-amid-mueller-probe-244314

>Podesta Group did not respond to a request for comment for this story.

>Podesta’s decision to leave the firm came on the same day that former Donald Trump campaign aides Paul Manafort and Rick Gates were indicted on multiple charges, including money laundering, operating as federal agents of the Ukrainian government, failing to disclose overseas bank accounts and making false statements to federal authorities. Trump campaign foreign policy advisor George Papadopoulos pleaded guilty earlier this month for lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russian officials, according to court records.

>The investigation into Podesta and his firm grew out of investigators’ examination of Manafort’s finances. Manafort organized a PR campaign on behalf of a nonprofit called the European Centre for a Modern Ukraine. Podesta Group was one of several firms that were paid to do work on the PR campaign to promote Ukraine in the U.S.

Does this mean he won't be charged?

Hill Jills BTFO

>Does this mean he won't be charged?

Nope it means he is leaving a sinking ship

More like he's walking the plank to keep the ship from sinking. He's being preemptive to avoid what happened to weinstein and his company

This nigger is going into hiding
He knows Manafort is going to rat them out

More like he's just getting on his other ship.

IT'S HAPPENING

Lol the real ship that takes him to Tahiti

Holy shit. And just in time for Halloween.
>very spooky

Gargantuan if accurate.

Bump

bump

Woah

The time line is wrong in pic. Mueller was not on the investigation till after Comey was gone..

But let’s hope Mueller brings the ((cabal)) down.

>“needs to fight this as an individual, but doesn’t want the firm to fight it.”
pay attention, user. He's going down, and he's attempting to salvage himself while lying to his own people about their >sinking ship

Got it?

Time to dissappear to an undiscolsed island in the phillipines I guess.

my best friend works for the podesta group, wonder if he's fucked too

What's his timeline? Was he working for them during the Uone thing?

Your boy should have an exit plan in place when working for a lobbying group.

Don't worry if he has any actual involvement with anything criminal I'm betting he will be so overcome with remorse that he will suicide by shooting himself in the back of the head twice.

I see. The Foster farewell. Only happens if you work closely with the Clintons.