Dragon Ball thread

DB, DBZ, DBGT, DBS, anything Dragon Ball-related goes here.

Other urls found in this thread:

kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-book-version/
kanzenshuu.com/translations/episode-bardock-akira-toriyama-super-qa/
dbaf.wikia.com/wiki/Matt
kanzenshuu.com/2016/05/09/future-trunks-arc-announced-dragon-ball-super/
kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-history-book-akira-toriyama-introduction/
kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-web-version/
dbaf.wikia.com/wiki/Nappa
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pilaf is objectively the best dragon ball villain.

What is their relationship?

Inb4 DBS isn't canon-fags

kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-book-version/

>I’m really grateful to you. I never thought an artist like you would come along to draw the continuation of my story!

dbgt>dbs

Yes, because without him, there would never have been any Mai

God of Destruction and Kaioshin

Reminder that Toriyama said Saiyans don't really have the concept of "family".

Not even Goku thought Gohan and Chi-chi as family, but instead as friends.

> Interviewer: The Saiyans [as a whole] appear warlike, but what sort of personality does Bardock have?

> AT: Of course, Bardock is a Saiyan, too, so he is warlike, but compared to other Saiyans, who are cold-hearted and of simple thoughts, he also happens to possess calm judgment and a small measure of humanity. Because of his actions of “saving his companions“, which is rare for a Saiyan, he is greatly adored among a portion of the low-class warriors.

> Interviewer: Since Saiyans are supposed to have no affection for family or friends, does this actually make Vegeta, who holds his family and wife dear, an even stranger (kinder) Saiyan than Goku?

> AT: Vegeta, whose pride had been deeply wounded, sought help from Bulma, and little by little, his ruthless personality changed. Nowadays, you certainly might be able to say that. On the other hand, Goku might not have a sense of family members like Gohan and Chi-Chi except as one of his companions.

Source: kanzenshuu.com/translations/episode-bardock-akira-toriyama-super-qa/

Edgy butt-buddies

>Goku might not have a sense of family members
>might not
>No certainty
Well at least you tried.

> that pic

Goku using family terms doesn't mean he actually sees them as family.

He sees them as friends, and Goku doesn't want to see his friends hurt.

If Raditz kidnapped Krillin instead of Gohan, he would've done the same thing.

>Implying Black isn't going to backstab Zumasu, so he can get all of Goku for himself.

Goku's reaction to Kuririn being bitch slapped through a house
>whyyy you...!

DB Kai > DB > DBZ > DBS (so far) >>>> DBGT

Goku's reaction to Raditz trying to get close to Gohan
>if you take one more step, I'll kill you!

Well at least you tried.

If Krillin was kidnapped, Goku would've fought Raditz

Actually Goku probably would've fought Raditz regardless of any kidnapping

Kaioshin and God of Destruction, calling it now

See and

I just want Hit back

Why is he so perfect?

> Arguing whether what the actual author said is canon or not

What's objectively wrong about Zamasu's viewpoint?

See Pretty sure Goku doesn't fuck Bulma or his other friends.

dbaf.wikia.com/wiki/Matt

>Matt is an extremely powerful Super Saiyan. When he fought and defeated Zeel, it was found that in 20 years, he would become the next Super Saiyan 5!

>Matt only lived to be 29 because he died when he tried to go SSJ3.

>Matt was only 14 when he killed Zeel.

>Matt never got to go SSJ5 or even SSJ4 because he died when he tried to go SSJ3.

>The reason Matt couldn't go SSJ3 is unknown.

>Matt is the desendent of Future Trunks.

Fuck Zeel

Did you just fucking write that

>Turning the Super threads into a Dragon Ball general
>Gohan
>Fanfiction
Delete this garbage

Reminder that the DBS anime is canon, but not necessarily the manga (regardless of which is better).

When the DBS anime was announced, Toriyama only said he worked on the U6 Tourney script at the time. The Re:BoG chapters aren't his. Volume 'F' was a promotional tool for the RoF movie...way before DBS was even announced.

The manga was originally announced as a promotional tie-in manga for the anime (prob still is, although the anime is ahead now).

The DBS anime was also announced way before the manga was. But the manga manga was published two weeks prior to the TV series’ premiere (presumably to produce hype for it).

Also before the DBS manga, Toyataro worked on other promotional tie-in manga. DBS is no exception.

Well if Chi-chi told him not to, he probably wouldn't

t. Cell
t. Superfag

goku fucking bulma because he doesn't understand the concept of cheating would make a great doujin though

>Hey Zamasu are you still distrustful of mortals after getting completely and utterly humiliated by a powerful one?
>Hey Zamasu, why'd you kill that barbaric dude that showed almost no signs of progress or culture after 1000 fucking years
>Hey Zamasu, do you mind if I completely avoid your questions whilst spouting pseudo-philosophical bullshit?

>Zamasu go make some tea

>This tea is shit make more

>More tea mothafucka
>More you tea bitch

>You're my fucking tea bitch brew me more fuckin tea even though you're supposed to be a prodigy in fighting or some shit

>Zamasu, I've noticed that the tea you're brewing is growing more bitter as for some reason the tea leaves we use reflect the brewers heart or some shit. I've also noticed your comments have become openly supportive of genocide. Have you heard of the Super Dragon Balls? They can grant any wish!

>Now go make me more tea
I hope he dies godamnit

We don't need a thread Dragon Ball thread 24/7, especially since there won't be a new episode for another week and a half. Right now this is a just a general with no discussion.

Reminder that both the anime and manga are canon.

Anime

kanzenshuu.com/2016/05/09/future-trunks-arc-announced-dragon-ball-super/

>I write an outline of the entire plot, then the script writers break it up into episodes, expanding on things, changing things around, or adding in new bits as need be.

>Even I haven’t checked the final script yet.
>Let’s enjoy this together (laughs)!!

kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-history-book-akira-toriyama-introduction/

>I had put Dragon Ball behind me, but seeing how much that live-action film ticked me off, and how I revised that script for the anime movie and complained about the quality of the TV anime, I suppose somewhere along the line it’s become a series I like too much to ever leave alone.

Manga

kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-web-version/

>Speaking of the manga, I want to ask you two about how you put the manga together. I hear Toriyama-sensei checks the storyboards for each chapter.
>Toriyama: That’s right.

>Back when Toriyama-sensei was drawing the manga, the animators would use his manga panels as reference, imitating the composition and things like that. And now it seems that the animators are likewise using Toyotaro-sensei‘s manga as reference.
>Toriyama: Oh, that’s good! That should keep them on track!

I love Vados-chan!

>And now it seems that the animators are likewise using Toyotaro-sensei‘s manga as reference.

Maybe months ago when the Manga was actually fucking ahead

99% Sure she's going to betray Champa at some point. She treats him like utter shit compared to Whis/Beerus and she seems to just hold Champa in contempt.

Do you think this is the face, Job-kun gave Bulma when they made Trunks?

>Bills: Is Zamasu acting weird, lately?

>Gowasu: No lol, I swear

Nah man

what do you want to see in dbs/would make it better
for me it would be
>vegeta going ssj3 while fighting for someone else (maybe bulma or the world)
>gogeta badass
>or vegito badass
other humans get a power (maybe a special/better form of the kaioken) that makes them as strong as a base saiyan

You don't remember Matt? what about Ize?

>His initial appearance is mostly the same as Frieza's third form, but eye and skin color are different, plus his chest and face have red markings. Because he built up a lot of stress during his long thawing period. Ize traveled around the universe looking for powerful foes.

>His body has enlarged and his power and speed have vastly increased. Even Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta wasn't able to scratch him.

>With a perfect body concealing power over 10 times greater than Frieza's, He's without a doubt become a foe stronger than any seen before.

I want some more story about Hit.
I want to hear his backstory, and how he came to have such a big title.

If he has family, and other friends back at home.
Just something more then, muh timeleap

>He thinks of Chi Chi first

Well who else is gonna make him that food?

>Bills

what the fuck is wrong with you

>reaching this hard
wew
Bulma is rich

He's one of those fags who romanticises words

Beerus---> Beers -----> Birrs -----> Bills

Is Garland the new mangaka?

No because if that were the case. Trunks and Mai would have expressed their feelings a long time ago

it can't be helped when you're stuck with this dumb fat cat and your brother gets to take care of the /fit/ one

So when it comes to social intelligence, Saiyans are like an earlier species of human? Or are they worse because they're monkeys?

this is how i see of him being this strong
you remember majin buu being born the same time the u7 is? he faced u7's version of majin buu perhaps.

Kent Hovind already debunked the theory of evolution.

Isn't universe 7 older then 1000 years?

And wasn't Buu, trapped for millions of years?

no u7 and 6 are twin universes born in the same time.

Goku went SSJ for the first time because of Krillin's death

They could use it as reference for other scenes. They see some fight choreography they like, they use it for a different fight, etc. It's not like they say they're copying it 1:1.

Well then. I accept your theory

dbaf.wikia.com/wiki/Nappa

>Nappa was resurrected by Vegeta who turned Majin once again but this time he had the power of Super saiyan 28, therefore the name 'Majin 28' on his forehead, which is almost five times stronger than Goku Super Saiyan 5.

>Bobadi , son of Babidi, turned Nappa into a Majin and gave him the power of a SSJ 4. Later , he was taught the technique of spirit bomb as he had a pure evil heart , by collecting all negative and positive energy of the universe.

>Goku SSJ5 and Gohan who had awakened his true power after 100 years, as a SSJ 100000000000 reached there.

>Goku was overthrowed by Nappa, but Gohan injured with one punch badly.Therefore, Bobadi gave Vegeta Majin 28 Uthara ear rings, a more powerful version of potara ear rings (Ten million times as told by Kabitishai ,son of Kibitokai).Vegeta and Nappa fused and they produced a superior warrior,Nageta and killed the Z fighters except Gohan and Goku. With Piccolo gone, Dragon Balls vanished forever. There was no way to revive them. Nageta later absorbed Goku with its tail and became Nagetoku. Gohan SSJ1000000000 throw a ki blast , killing Nagetoku saving the world and universe and the other world and himself and sister and brother who died ..........BYE

But Buu is millions of years old. He's at least several thousand years old.

Not saying he doesn't care about Kuririn, but clearly in that instance he was more protective of Gohan.

Literal retard

you mean Time immemorial age buu is order than the creation of the super dragon balls and old as the universe itself.

It's clear that both she and Whis hate their charges, she's just slightly more open about it.

I think he is as Whis said. A clone of Goku, also he got his earing from Zamasu after killing Gowasu. They both have them in the same ear

Also they traveled together again using the time ring to grant Zamasu the wish of immortality

Don't you have some shitposting to do on /his/?

Just you wait guys. The hero of this arc will be Roshi. He will trap Zumasu, and Black in his rice cooker.

He can't trap someone who isn't evil, and Black and Zamasu are right.

Black literally kills for fun

I get the feeling Whis somewhat likes Beerus. He at least doesn't despise him like Vados despises Champa. He's much friendly in their interactions and I'd say he almost likes him/

>Yeah, I seriously doubt that it was Toriyama's idea to include Gokuu's friends and family calling out his name at the end of the battle with Beers during Kami to Kami. That seems like the sort of thing that is inline with previous Toei adaptions. That Watanabe Yuusuke is still credited for the script makes me think he was still had influence on the script, too.

Jacob you here?

I wish. I hope he does a Trunks and Mai doujin, but Garland has been inactive for quite a long time now. If he's done anything new since then, it hasn't been scanned.

Does anyone feel like black looks a lot younger than Goku?

Facts don't care about your feelings.

The fact that it was mentioned earlier than episode 60, which makes it less possible to be true what whiss said, i mean, where would the hype be then?

how do i make these

agreed

It's where all the gotenfag theories come from

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that she is singlehandedly the worst girl in the entire DB universe? Goku should have married Suno instead.

>tfw no one will go back and remaster the series like this

It's a shame because it makes it look so much better

Look up "niggerwalks template" then git gud at paint

No.

>martial artist/can fight
>good mother
>knows how to cook
>great house wife

Can someone post the Yamcha one

She used to be so cute too ;.; I mean she obviously cares for Goku

whats the font?

She aged badly but she's alright.

it looks much better with that filter right?It seems that the coloring is what most of "db" fans hate about dbs

Aged bad?
If there ever was a Kamehatsura 2.0, with modern ChiChi, you would think differently

>If
face it user that artist is dead

>was a top tier qt and one of the best martial artists in the world as a teenager
>her genes contributed to the strongest child that has ever lived
>is able to take a punch from a super saiyan and survive
>puts up with all of Goku's bullshit

She's probably the best girl Goku could have found. Anyone else and the world would be doomed or Goku would be divorced.