What do you guys think about the FUNI/CR collaboration?

What do you guys think about the FUNI/CR collaboration?

crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-965101/crunchyroll-and-funimation-partnership-announcement

crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-965103/crunchyroll-and-funimation-partnership-faq

I'm hopeful this might mean the end of hardsubs,since CR will also offer FUNI releases.

Other urls found in this thread:

escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.342045-Court-Documents-Reveal-Anime-Licensing-Costs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't give a fuck about your garbage normalfags site for casual weebs.

Moron.

I'm obviously talking about the effect on the rips provided by horriblesubs here.

If it meant Funi rips would start to have better subtitles, I might be excited, but it probably won't. All it means is crossposting of their own content, and some more dubs I guess?

Seriously though some of funi's subs are awful. Look at Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan this season.

Ace attorney is getting dubbed so I'm excited

Doesn't change anything yet so far.

I was hoping this means more shows especially niche ones will be simulcasted but it doesn't seem to be that way. These shows will still left unsubbed and no actual sub group bothers to sub them as well.

Ultimately, nothing really changes for those who use horriblesub-rips and discuss stuff here on Sup Forums.
This thing concerns more the paying customers.

>Finally, we will be working together to distribute Crunchyroll titles through Blu-ray, DVD, and Download-to-Own, both dubbed and subbed.

I'm going to assume that Funi is dying and CR will eventually buy them out. I'm not entirely sure how this will end but I have a bad feeling it will have cancer.

Don't tell me that people really use horriblesubs

90% of the time they are the only option.

>28th year of the Heisei period
>Not knowing Japanese

All the time, baby. After all, who the fuck is so dumb and is willing to wait for dumb fansubs to come out weeks or even months after an episode has aired.
Anons want to talk about a show NOW while the impression of it is still fresh in their mind, not eons later when there's already other new shows to be amazed of.

Funi rips are garbage, I hope they won't affect CRs.

There's a chance funi will soon look better than CR.
We have a grim future ahead of us.

What I find disturbing behind this, is that the already highly monopolistic anime market, has almost become fully monopoly.

The only result from this will be even shittier quality subs and an ever spiraling descent into garbage.

>anime market,
No sir.
It's the anime localization market.

this kind of smells like someone from funimation got payed to come here to spread the news

anyways, want a serious opinion? yes, it might affect normal subs if they deliver everthing faster than the others but frankly, only weebs like streaming...then again, this site is slowly becoming the new reddit, in 10 years, all tumblrfags will become part of this site's main navigators and when this happen, then i'll be ok to ask if you are really exited about crunchyshit and funimation.

But user, how else am I supposed to participate in epique memeposting in here, because that's what totally the most important.

this

You knew what I meant.

Dude is your shift key broken? That must suck.

daiz already mentioned it but expect a drop in quality

Hope your knee doesn't hurt too badly.

So funi is in deep because they realized most people don't give two shits about all their dubs and needs crunchy money to help them get by?

Honest question, why would this mean an end to horriblesubs?
They rip from both funimation and crunchyroll, and they will still rip from both after these two streaming services are forming a partnership.

>an end
No one said that. We're talking about quality.

Hardsubs user.

If you support either of these two, you're a fucking IDIOT cancer killing anime. I'd honestly threaten people that aid CR or Funimation if I saw em.

Tough internet words.

CR is OK funi is shit but I don't pay for them.

I only do when there is no other option available.

This needs a tongue hanging out of the mouth.

Hopefully Funi rips will have better, non-hardsubbed subs in the future.

And two hands doing a V sign?

I know you're being sarcastic but its thanks to them that we can actually get more anime subbed instead of one single anime getting subbed by three fansub groups.

They didn't really kill fansubbing so much as break the legs of attention whores, there is still a bunch of anime that hasn't been subbed but they refuse to do it because its not famous enough and won't make their epeen bigger

>this kind of smells like someone from funimation got payed to come here to spread the news.

No,i just want to know if my shitsub rips will be affected by this change. Chances are that the FUNI releases soon can be ripped from CR's site,thus making them slightly better.

This is bad for the anime industry. It'll put an end to bidding wars, causing the industry to get paid less for their shows.
Only possible upside is that more becomes avaible on Crunchyroll, giving more exposure and higher sales of merchandise.

To be fair, for tv releases it doesn't usually matter too much unless it's funi or CR is fucking up harder than usual.

The more important thing is the terrible re-encoding they do for absolutely no reason.

What other competition is there? Daisuki?

Nigger, are you trying to say that selling the rights to show anime to the west affects their revenue? How fucking retarded can you possibly be?

Funi's subs aren't even the biggest issue, it's their god awful encodes.

CR, Funi, Daisuki, Hulu and amazon prime.

>What do you guys think about the FUNI/CR collaboration?

It's like cancer and syphilis have combined to a new super disease. Your body rots away while regenerating at the same time consequently keeping you alive.

You really think CR or Funi has enough money to compete with Amazon or Netflix? Hulu releases anime now?

Actually, yes, it does. We're talking about 2,5 million dollars for the single license of one popular show alone, paid upfront right now. And that's only from the American market alone. Add in the other foreign market, and it is proof that yes, streaming services are important for the Japanese IP owner.

Also, just so you know, there are more than 20 streaming services in Japan too making good and important money.

The licensing prices for anime almost hit market value - and that's the precise reason why these two are now planning to cooperate. They refuse to pay at market value for anime.

T-time to start

Netflix.

>2,5 million dollars
Does anyone have any goddamn stats on how much CR/Funi pay for shows? I hear a lot of numbers and vague statements thrown around but never any graphs or shit and I can never find any on google.

Hulu had that VN making show a few seasons ago. It was even worse than Funi. Forgot about netflix. Amazon and netflix don't really go that much into the amine realm so I wouldn't really worry about them. The Shigatsu threads we have here all the time is the netflix normal fags coming to Sup Forums for some reason.

>We're talking about 2,5 million dollars for the single license of one popular show alone
Jesus fuck you retard
escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.342045-Court-Documents-Reveal-Anime-Licensing-Costs
Guyver 746,665
Comic Party 30,336
Jinki:Extend 91,000
Pani Poni Dash! 138,666
Utawarerumono 109,201
Moeyo Ken 43,335
Coyote Ragtime Show 224,000
UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie 21,335
Nerima Daikon Brothers 124,800
Air Gear 780,000
Sgt. Frog 408,000
Le Chevalier D'Eon 440,000
Ghost Train/Synesthesia 58,668
Kurau: Phantom Memory 960,000
009-1 325,000
Shin Angyo Onshi 130,000
Ah! My Goddess 2 (Ah! My Goddess: Flights of Fancy) 516,000
Innocent Venus 120,000
Pumpkin Scissors 780,000
Red Garden 660,000
Welcome to the NHK 240,000
Magikano 65,000
Xenosaga 120,000
Tokyo Majin 780,000
Project Blue Earth SOS 180,000
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (The Wallflower) 500,000
Air TV Series 145,000
Air: The Movie 20,000
Moonlight Mile 156,000
King of Bandit Jing in Seventh Heaven 50,000

They should burn.

>Asenshi

>no Naruto in the list
So there's evidently higher licensing costs.

>Shigatsu
Fuck you m8, I like it because its a music anime

I don't.

Only retards with zero patience take them.

I'm literally fucking retarded. How did I not find this.
Thanks.

And then you have the real big awaited hits like My Hero Academia.

Wew. I was so against learning Jap because I thought it would eb a waste of time and energy. I guess I'll do it on the side with my degree. It'll probably take me 5 years.

Is it ok if I pirate their rips?

>2012
>no super big hits on the list
So I guess 2.5M is pretty much confirmed then.

Look I'd just like to remind everyone funi often gets broadcast quality shit mailed to them on hard drives because Japan considers them one of the big boys and deigns to do so.

That I can rip commercial Jap blu rays and literally produce a better product in my god damn garage is actually one of the most triggering things in the world.

I would stab people to get my hands on those hard drives.

It is absolutely terrible in all aspects. The music you like has been around for hundreds of year. They don't even complete the scores because of emo tendencies.

>funi often gets broadcast quality shit mailed to them on hard drives because Japan considers them one of the big boys and deigns to do so.
Does Japan know what funi does with the hard drives?

Japan is literally oblivious to the outside world so you can't blame them for using Funi.

>being this normalfag

I bet you have a Jewbook account too.

They don't care. They care about the money. How gaijins view anime is the problem of gaijins.

On that front I do agree, its underwhelming and annoying how they always stop instead of completing the scores

best case scenario the western audience will start to even out the asian waifufags.
not saying basic bitches here have any better taste, it's just different and it might promote good stuff that happens to catter to their interests. I'm pretty bored that the only shows that take risks need moe girls to justify themselves.

perfect

Are you retarded?

Just kill yourself.

You're a fucking retarded newfag.

Not watching the anime is a stupid option.

Daiz is a fucking retard. The only thing Crunchyroll gets out of the deal is being the sole provider of subs and they get some Funi shows. Funi gets to provide simuldubs for its fans who don't read subs or are just casuals. They'll also probably get some shows from Crunchyrolls catalog.

>can't wait for the BDs

This is the true face of retardation.

Sorry, I like discussing anime with other people.

Of course. Crunchyroll-licensed shows like Mob Psycho 100, Orange and 91 Days are already confirmed to be getting Funimation-dubs.

>being this normalfag

You don't belong here. Please fuck off and kill yourself.

How else was CR able to announce that it's going into the home video market? It was either partnering with Bang Zoom or Funimation.

>If it meant Funi rips would start to have better subtitles
They won't. At best we get what are they now only not hardcoded, at middle ground we get Dasuki-tier typeset, and at worst harsubs with Dasuki-tier typeset.

nice false flag my friend

Don't simulcasts and DVD releases have different licensing costs? Or is that not right?

Well amazon contributed money for the production of Kabaneri, and Netflix got exclusive rights to the first season of Kuromukuro. I think that as these companies start to expand to a more global audience (especially Amazon as they already have a large overseas presence, especially in Japan, and as a former employee you see indications of JP Amazon's influence everywhere) so not being worried about Amazon or Netflix in anime might be a bit of a snap judgment. Those companies already have a catalog of older shows.

Simulcasts are cheaper while DVD licensing is more costly thanks to the increased pricing

Shit bait, friend.

>only weebs like streaming

Wait, the fuck? Lazy normies are weebs now?

>killing anime

How

>normies

So does funi/cr have to buy simulcasting and DVD licensing rights? If they do then they give more money to the east than I thought.

Surprised Nerima Daikon Brothers even cracked six figures

Simulcasting rights have recently spiked. They used to be really cheap, which is how CR got as big as it is today.

user, you misunderstand. I've been called a lazy normie because I like streaming. Now I'm a weeb, too? Which one is it? If I'm the weeb, what does that make the average Sup Forumsnon?

CR only bought simulcast with Funi choosing DVD but now that they are fusing I honestly don't know who they will split the costs but if the rumors of Funi being on a rather dire situation CR will probably fuck them harder than ever to buy them later

No, you misunderstand.
"normie" is not a term you use on Sup Forums.
Lurk more.

I have a CR account because I support the anime industry unlike you leeches.