Clannad thread

Can someone sell me this series and it's unbearable dialogue?
Is After Story so good it justifies cringing my way through the QUALITY eye spacing, voice acting and contrived character interactions?

That's not from clannad.

Watch it and find out then make a thread if you want to discuss it.

Lurk for 2 years before posting.

I understand that, but is emblematic of the art style for character's faces.

If you like crushing despair, shortly replaced by happiness, then go for the After Story. It's all about Nagisa and Tomoya's relationship, marriage,childbirth, and parenthood
It's leagues better than the first series

I've """lurked""" since 08' and have attempted
Clannad about 4 times without getting past episode ~6. Fuck off faggot.

then stop putting it off and watch it if you want to watch it. if you don't, stop making threads you fucking mongoloid. lurk more

But does any of that payoff require trudging through the first series to develop some kind of investment in the characters? Why would I care about them or their kids if I didn't see the first series, or at least begrudgingly saw part of it multiple times.

Again, the point is that I have heard very good things about after story, but havent been able to stomach the first series and am trying to get a sense if it's worth it having now tried to watch it multiple times. Lurking has nothing to do it it, so fuck off with your buzzwords.

Is Sup Forums really such a bastion for quality posts that this thread cant exist?

Fuck off nigger. If you don't like it then don't watch it.

Great input cuntface

All of the time is devoted to the pair and her parents, so a lot of development goes down

>trudge through
>haven't been able to stomach
>"putting off" a show that aired in 2007
Your problem is you are pretending to like anime. If you don't want to watch a show, then fucking don't.

This thread is pointless. You just wanted to blog. Fuck off and lurk more.

I've watched plenty of anime, there's no pretending required. It is this specific, syrupy sweet anime that has manufactured emotions that I don't like.
And I've yet to ever blog, so kindly kill yourself on your way out.

I'd skip it. I watched when most people here did and while good, I knew it wouldn't sit well once the depression wore off. If I saw it today it'd mostly be out of nostalgia since it was one of the first anime that you felt a lot of people saw, and it was also the first "sad" anime people watched. There's just a lot tied into it that have nothing to do with the actual quality of the show.

Thanks for an informative response, ffs

kill yourself attention whore.

>sitting in this thread blogging instead of watching the show
>still blogging
Go watch the show you fucking autist.
>ffs
Lurk for 2 years before posting.

It's the only anime I have ever broken down crying for, but take that how you will
And I don't mean some tears leaking from my eyes, I mean full on sobbing like a bitch

None of my posts have exceeded three sentences.
> """"""blogging""""""

I've heard similar things about it for years, but I can't imagine feeling sad for starfish girl and her mild retardation.
I'm more likely to give it a shot now, thanks.

Fuko is not what makes it soul crushing. If anything, Fuko's story improves, with her waking up.
It's Nagisa, Tomoya and Ushio, their daughter, that makes it so tragic

That's not Clannad. I think that's from Air... early KyoAni really put a lot of emphasis on the eyes.

You need to go.

That's not Air, and that's not KyoAni.

It's utter shit IMO, but it's also very popular.
Might as well watch it, it's a very influential show after all.
If you thought the first episodes were "cringy" though, there's a lot more of that, so be prepared.

Was planning to see this after Kanon. But Kanon is really awful, and the only reason I want to watch this is because it's made by Kyoani.
Is the MC better in this than in Kanon?

>girl's fragile and shit
>"pls don't do anything stupid"
>mc-kun literally does nothing
>girl goes and do retarded thing
>"Waaah girl-san"
>*sad music plays*
lol no just drop it nigga