+ Spicefag uses spices
+ Nosefag uses nose
+ Junfag junfags
- No Erina
+ No Mehgumi

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iaN_3CTTX_4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kind of related. How much does S2 skip over the manga?

>No Rindou.

It skipped a whole chapter and some not that much relevant scenes but yeah, it was pretty rushed.

Some irrelevant moments. They covered pretty much everything, but the rushing killed the tension.
The problem is that after the stagiaire there's a little arc and then the manga jumps the shark and goes to shit

Fuck off.

What, you mean you still like it? Lucky you, i'm kinda envious, i'd really like to enjoy this again.

What is she up to?

I'll bite, can you describe how exactly it goes to shit? It's still ridiculous and Edgeman doesn't really change that when he's just as ridiculous as the idiots he's in charge of

What's your favorite battle in the series? Pic not related, my favorite is the egg buffet.

>Shokugeki no Sales

Not really a battle, but I really like the Souma + Megumi vs the Aldinis at the training camp

Every time I post this the thread immediately ends. Maybe I'll get lucky this time

>Key Ingredient: Ketchup
In the Philippines, ketchup is made with banans instead of tomatoes. The resulting sauce is thinner, carmel-colored and tastes only subtly different.

Plantain Tostones with Banana Ketchup:

>plantains are cut into thick rounds, fried until cooked through, then crushed and fried again until golden brown
>Meanwhile, brown sugar, vinegar, banana liquour, soy sauce, ginger, allspice and aluminum free baking soda (this increases mailard reactions and thus makes sugars carmelize faster) are cooked down in a pan until fully homogenous, then bananas are added in and cooked until soft
>rum is added and flambeed, burning off the alcohol and adding more caramel notes to the mix.
>mix is blended a thick sauce is made. While blending, add in a few drops of peanut essential oils to add hints of nuttiness to the flavor pallate
>serve tostones sprinkled with sea salt alongside the ketchup

megumi vs kurokiba is a pretty good one. so is hayama vs the secretary. generally speaking anything alice competed in blew my mind and surprisingly so did any battle where soy milk was used (I don't even like it).

I don't think I really have a favorite, I just know Souma vs Eizan disgusted me. Who thought Ketchup Soup vs Boiled Chicken was a good idea

I haven't watched the whole S2 (or whole S1) but I downloaded the latest episode with Hishoko. They omitted a bit there, especially about how she knew about making digital reservations etc.

I got slightly mad.

Egg buffet wasn't really a battle, but it actually shed some light into how Erina cooks. We haven't seen a single Erina dish since.

>High class foods(eggs benedict is pretty damn fancy for a buffet) hopped up on luxurious-ingredient steroids cooked to perfect taste/texture. Not massively creative, but enough ingenuity to be considered original if you factor the small twist without damaging an already perfectly cooked dish.

Wasn't it just a small bit of ketchup?

Plus making that comment's pretty funny when you preface it with a description of what sounds like some pretty fucking good ketchup.

It was a zero-sum game where Erina threatened to draw all attention away from Souma and get him expelled along with half the room and to actually survive he had to do some extremely quick thinking to not get eliminated as a result of what she was doing.

Battles don't just have to be someone directly and explicitly facing off to be battles.

Don't know if favorite but Giganigga's matches sure were fun.
vs Takumi was a wild ride and vs Souma was really entertaining also best foodgasm

Oh yeah. My favorite battle is the 3 way battle during finals. It was a toss up and Souma didn't win.

megumi/souma v shino in the anime.

I only realized the irony after I hit post.

That said, I felt that fight just wasn't up to snuff compared to everything else. Eizan literally didn't even fucking try (actually, I'd say he was actually trying to fuck up just to humiliate Souma even more).

Souma's wings weren't bad, but the soup had no place in the dish. It was a pairing that made no sense, not the least of which was because the whole point was emphasizing the chicken's fat.

Maybe it's just because I'm from a western perspective and don't understand Japanese pallets as well, but if it were me in there, rather than using parmesan-type-cheese-food and a bottle of heinz, I would go whole-hog on the fat and render the entire rest of the bird and mix the schmaltz (yes, that's the technical term) with some sort of hot sauce to create a pseudo-buffalo sauce to toss the wings in. Naturally, making the stuffing for the wings blue cheese seems ideal, but in that case it's probably best avoided since the stank would overwhelm the schmaltz

Giganigga's fights were fun because of how psychological they were. I loved that element where literally every idea they had was topped before they even had it.

I can't speak to the dish qualities because my cooking knowledge isn't shit, but once Souma actually goaded Eizan into participating he pretty clearly wanted to demonstrate just how good he was and utterly crush him.

I really can't comment on the dishes but everything else in that fight I loved, Souma played Eizan like a fiddle and finally turned things around when they were looking pretty bleak in the series.

This series died hard on Sup Forums didn't it

Yugi revived some life into it.

Giganigga vs Souma was pure hype. Shame the anime didn't capture it

The spoiler day threads are slow but nice now with less cancer, so there's that.

Honestly I'm still really enjoying it so I can't say I care, but being able to talk about it is nice

>the anime will end before or right on tea with Elites
>Tane-chan is on indefinite hiatus with mysterious illness
>another couple of years, if ever, before fan art and doujins of Rindou begin churning out in earnest
IT'S NOT FAIR ;_;

No season 3, user. EVER

I liked the tendies battle, because it made me hungry for tendies.

It skips a chapter with Souma and Megumi teaching kids to cook. It also skips some short character interactions for zero reason. Added fanservice with Ryouko and Hisako getting dressed which is funny.

Hishoko getting dressed was also on the manga.

Is this as good of a bomb for a character dynamic as we'll get in the manga?

It skipped a chapter, but to be fair, even season 1 skipped one chapter. Season 2 has to skip a lot of little things to squeeze everything it wants into one cour though.

Is there a reason why the anime flopped? I know WSJ manga adaptations generally receive mediocre sales (with the exception of the Big 3, KnB and AssClass) but Shokugeki's performance seems strangely dismal when you look at how well the manga is doing.

Megumi + Souma vs Shinomiya

BnHA also has the anime flopped. But in SnS case, I think it's because the manga is vastly superior. I imagined it like, the mangafags got turned off by the anime's art while the animefags mostly got converted to manga

Still gets at least 100 replies, good as far as I'm concerned.

I think the first season is actually one of the most well handled and faithful adaptations of a manga I've seen.

But maybe Japan didn't like that? Maybe they like when adaptations have more adaptation decay?

What chapter should I start reading on after watching the anime?

The last chapter of season 2 will probably be 116.

Like I said, it's just the manga is vastly superior. Yes, it's faithful. Yes it's really nice. But you'll get the more superior version when you read the manga. Thus the anime flopped, but the manga got huge sales boost

Manga only readers miss out on the great first OP and FUWA FUWA so I think just doing it that way would be incomplete.

The manga, especially after the first season is undoubtedly better, but holy fuck I am glad I hopped on through the anime first because Spice is an amazing song to have play in your head at the right times while reading through it, pic very related

I read the manga first before watching the anime, I found S1 really fun despite knowing exactly what happens. It's pretty solid though not Hikaru no Go tier. The OST and how they used it just wasn't catchy enough, merely satisfactory.

Haven't watched S2 though.

The track that plays when Souma first dumps the Furikake on the rice in episode 2 was literally all I needed, I love that track

The music might not have been top tier to listen to on it's own, but it was all used really well in the series and that's a big part of making it effective (and they succeeded).

Amazing page.

No I didn't imply that mangafags skips the manga completely, it's just that they weren't feeling like buying the BDs just because how superior the manga is.

*skips the anime

I love fuwa fuwa

Absolutely agree

Erina should just wear white clothes all the time, she always looks the best in them

We'll get one, ;-;

I kinda wanted Azami to rip Souma a new one right here. The only display of Azami's skill so far is his second year first seat, and that hokkaido prep course he did for the first years

I don't think Azami's skill is super likely to factor in, even if he used it it's skill forged from the old Tootsuki so his arguments wouldn't work. He needs other people to win to prove his ways correct.

Plus considering how clearly shitty things were for Erina there, it'd be a pretty crushing thing for the dad she hates and fears and the guy she strongly disliked until about 15 chapters ago to shit up the restaurant she took pride in to have a food fight.

I think it's more normal to point to his first year third seat. Which is absurd.

youtube.com/watch?v=iaN_3CTTX_4
pv out