Scanlation Thread

What are you working on?
What do you wish got picked up?
What do you need help with?

Other urls found in this thread:

pepperanon.blogspot.com/search/label/SCATTER
exhentai.org/g/960332/ef7751a5e8/
youtube.com/watch?v=JZpxaiNV_sM
dropbox.com/s/jc4ufbf3gr71eh8/(C84) [LOST RARITIES (Takapiko)] JAN (Shingeki no Kyojin) fix.txt?dl=0
img5.picload.org/image/rdgppalg/img047.jpg
img5.picload.org/image/rdgppali/img047_01.jpg
img4.picload.org/image/rdgppoai/img047_02.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cleaners - to denoise or not to denoise?

>What do you wish got picked up?
Yotsuya 13-shiki Shin Sekai Sounan Jikken, new scifi manga comic garden, you can find the first chapter raw at marumaru

No.

maybe

Yes if shitty magazine raws and you know how to not use it like a retard, no otherwise.

Who wants to pick up translation of Hoshino, Me wo Tsubutte?

Some people bothered me about it, and I don't really have the time or energy, but it looked decent enough.

Why? Did previous group drop it?

They asked me too. No idea why, didn't look remotely similar to anything else I do so I can't imagine why they thought I'd enjoy it.

It's an automated message, it's some group of chinks scrolling through random uploaders and their associated group(s) and sending out a message about that series.

They've been bugging pretty much every big group about it.

Do you have guides or learning materials like DJT?

Is there a way to rip from BOOKWALER?

BOOKWALKER*

They asked me in two separate occasions. I follow the manga, but the recent chapters are going in a bad way so I'm waiting it out

And there I was thinking I could be special. ;_;
You sure it's chinks? Their secondary translation is Spanish...

No idea if they actually are Chinese, I merely assumed from the quality of the English in their message.
Doesn't seem like they're only going for big groups either, we got like 2k followers total on Batoto, even less if you consider the overlap between two of our similarly themed series.

Anyone willing to work on Arai Hideki here?
He's the author of The world is mine and Kiichi.

Habanero scans did one volume of his work SCATTER of which has seven volumes already out. Its really good. They've asked for help for doing the rest.

pepperanon.blogspot.com/search/label/SCATTER

Do you plan to beg in these threads until someone finally agrees, or what?

To the user here , I was already asleep when you posted that, so if there's something you want me to change, please say so here. Doesn't matter if I see it or not, I'll check this thread in the archive later either way. And you're the TL, so of course, I will change whatever you want.

What would a good leading look like? This shit is killing me, it varies too much from font to font.

Another team should put the manga of Kagerou Days into scanlation again.

Roselia Scanlation website says it's on the upcomming releases, but it's been like this for more than a year now.

I was really big fan of this project.

>searching for Japanese TL's via your English releases

Literally why?

My friend wants me to edit: Gommensai's latest tank. exhentai.org/g/960332/ef7751a5e8/

I haven't editted in a while, I wanted to do this, even though I honestly hate cleaning.

3 pages in, my wrist injury is getting in the way of me finishing this. I'm a disappointment to lolicons.

How else would you do it? JP TLs don't just read raws, but a few translated series too. No one's in the mood to translate 24/7.

>group dropped new kumeta yasu manga
>they picked up some harem loveshit instead
fuck you

What? Just reading a raw isn't translating, how is it any fucking different to reading in English unless you're some machine translating scrub who shouldn't be translating shit?

I only read translated series when I'm picking up where someone left off. The only reason to go back to scanlations after attaining some level of Japanese fluency is if you're lying to yourself about how fluent you really are.

Working on trying to find a 2nd typesetter, a cleaner/redrawer and potentially another translator because our 2 1/2 man op is stretching itself thin

Wishing we could pick up any of the aforementioned

Need help with finding people who would like to do these jobs

#[email protected] or join[at]haruha.ru

Autism recommended

What projects?

If you aren't at the least N2, you can't just read them like english literature, because there will always be words/terms/phrases you need to look up and that's bothersome in the long run, so reading translated mango isn't that bad at all. Nowadays even N5tards translate manga.

What series you fucktard

Bakuon, Car Grafitti JK, Kanojo no Carrera - we're not called Te/a/m M/o/e without a reason

If you aren't at least N2 you shouldn't be translating in the first place.

>Nakuru Nee-san has 500 followers
>Hatsukoi Zombie has 5500 followers
Underdog brainwashed them into translating trash for attention.

N3 is more than good enough to translate shounenshit etc.

N5 is good enough to Duwang

>as a N2 you can't read some expressions so if you're at that level reading something badly translated by a N5 isn't so bad
Not sure you realize how retarded your post is.

>N2
N3 even.

>everything is translated by N5tards
Never implied that. You should be able to tell if the translation makes any sense in the first place.

fucking Underdog haremshitters

Just because it makes sense it doesn't mean it's accurate. Translators make shit up when they don't understand.

Take the first chapter a group translated from a series. Recheck the TL with the raw once. If it's good, trust them and read their scanlations, so that you can focus you're own time on translating other media for yourself. It's not that hard and saves you a lot of time.

>you can focus you're own time on translating other media for yourself
>you have to translate in order to understand
You're missing the point. See If you're so bad at it that you can't understand a single page without parsing every character then you're no better translator than google.

No thread theme? Let's fix that: youtube.com/watch?v=JZpxaiNV_sM

>If you're so bad at it that you can't understand a single page without parsing every character
No one has to do that, but it's completely normal to encounter bubbles you don't understand right away, so you write them out, mark all phrases, check the grammar and then look up the word you didn't understand. You can't tell me no one does that and everyone would be able to just read whatever they consume always without ever having troubles. Sometimes you have to translate a phrase for yourself to find something that equals the concept before you can replace it with japanese one.

Still disappointed only the first chapter of Nanaka 6\17 is translated. Hard enough to find the raw's, though after a bit of digging, I did. It might be too old now, but if someone translated it, I'd be eternally grateful.

Of course everyone does that but it doesn't mean you should translate if you're still at that stage. Reading with a dictionary and a grammar book doesn't make you a translator.

>Sometimes you have to translate a phrase for yourself
No. You understand the phrase, period.

Well beggars can't be choosers

>Of course everyone does that but it doesn't mean you should translate if you're still at that stage. Reading with a dictionary and a grammar book doesn't make you a translator.
Pretty sure it's good enough to translate children's comics.

>No. You understand the phrase, period.
Let's say you are a complete beginner and encounter:
>便所はどこですか
>トイレはどこですか
>手洗いはどこですか
Of course you look up what 便所, トイレ, 手洗い mean in the first place or rather why it's written differently when the intention is clearly the same, are you drunk? As a beginner you'd obviously try to find an english source explaining it and there's no fault in that. You don't look at a Kanji and then you know what it means, that's not how it works.

If you reach a stage that's comparable to N1 you'll probably be able to look shit up in japanese no matter what it is, but before that it's not always the case, especially if it's context bound shit where the jap definiton fucks yo up even more.

>you'd obviously try to find an english source explaining it
It's called a dictionary. You're changing goalposts and talking about words now but you wrote phrases in the previous post and that's what I replied to.

If you can't even look things up in Japanese then you shouldn't be translating. That's the whole point. If you're a beginner you should be spending your time reading instead.

>There are N5 - N4/s tl'ing shit RIGHT NOW
キモい

>What do you wish got picked up?

just one volume left... why god, why?

Yo, here's a better version:
dropbox.com/s/jc4ufbf3gr71eh8/(C84) [LOST RARITIES (Takapiko)] JAN (Shingeki no Kyojin) fix.txt?dl=0

The most glaring error was "didn't thought", I was even called out for that a few times before but it just slips out.
Other lines I just rearranged to make it less wonky (in my engrish-y opinion, that is).
And of course, if you see something off and can correct/improve it, please do.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

It's because you didn't think about it. You didn't put much thought in it.

So I was doing this recently, thinking how amazing the Patch tool is, and wondering how the people in the past did before it existed.
I can only imagine it was much, much harder to get a simple pattern like this without it, especially when it's odd.

I actually did, it's just that "didn't thought" equivalent is normal in my native language so it slips often.

Really depends on paper quality. Poor-quality paper (not limited to magazines, even TPBs can be printed on crappy paper) needs denoising, better-quality paper usually doesn't.

In cases like this one
>img5.picload.org/image/rdgppalg/img047.jpg
everyone will tell you not to denoise. You can follow their advice and not denoise, but when you level, it'll look like this:
>img5.picload.org/image/rdgppali/img047_01.jpg
Zoom to 100% and look at the black areas. If you're fine with them looking dirty, then leave it at that. Otherwise you still have to denoise.

Now I went and denoised the images before levelling:
>img4.picload.org/image/rdgppoai/img047_02.jpg
Zoom to 100% and notice how the black areas are uniform now. Also notice how the screentone patterns are much cleaner now.

So yeah, try both and then decide.

>きゅううう
>Twitch
Learn Japanese first before worrying about cleaning.

It was a joke cara

You forgot to say that when you denoised you killed the detail in the clothes. In the raw and undenoised you can see there's some kind of belt and the clothes look sharp but in yours everything is black and blurry.

So yeah, don't denoise.

Eu sei, mas eu queria chocar o fio de alguma forma.

>you killed the detail in the clothes
Which is, in my opinion, neglectable. Now I'm the kind of autist who likes a clean, smooth image. If the user who asked is the kind of autist who jerks off to the smallest bit of detail preserved, he can simply disregard my post.

Of course I could have just spend more than 5 seconds time, playing with the settings a bit, but I'm lazy.

It's not clean, it's blurry. Every single thing in that page that isn't a pattern dot is blurry. You're not an autist who likes a clean image, you're just blind.

>drop something due to getting bored of it and wanting more free time
>feel like picking something up a week later because of all this free time

>finally finish something I've been working on for months
>burst into uncontrollable tears

I'm not the only one, right?

typesetting Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai ch 25, alia's probably doing ch. 24

Blurry? Of course. Every denoiser applies some kind of static blur. That's why you either keep it to the minimum by finding denoise settings that work for you or you try to combat blur by sharpening the image.

Not clean? Now I'M questioning YOUR eyesight.

What's your job and how long does it take you every chapter?
How many hours a week?
Do you listen to anything while doing it?

>redrawing sound effects
>looks like shit and sounds like shit
What a waste of time.

It's even worse in Drifters

Why "rustling" and not just "rustle"?
Also that font doesn't look right at all.

Look at this shit