Why don't people dress well for casual settings anymore?

why don't people dress well for casual settings anymore?

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f6ZDemlIJYg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I would have to go outside first

too hot

Because nothing is sacred as God has been totally removed from them. Nothing has meaning, so why bother?
The state of the west

I'm surprised some lunatic hasn't connected global warming to the change in wearing less layers in fashion.

Because capitalism industrialism and consumerism pushed us away from bespoke clothing and towards easily mass produced textiles the end

The ruffians in your pic look simply strange! Where are their breeches? Where are their wigs? I wouldnt allow such peasantry to clean my carriage.

Pic related is what a real gentleman should wear to appear palatable

TAVISTOCK, and the corporate creation of the counterculture of the 60s that led to the breakdown of decent civilization. Fuck hippies, fuck the Beatles, fuck everything about the 1960s. The world we live in is the direct result of the Aquarian conspiracy

People used to own a single set of clothes

Jews

i wish i was that guy :(

People barely dress up for formal events, forget casual. I see it at the courthouse all the time, niggers and white trash going to court in sweatpants, hoodies, t-shirts, jeans, flip-fops. Nothing is deserving of their respect, nothing is sacred anymore.

We're a culture and society in decline that no longer values good manners, honor, or dignity

on the bright side, since so many people look like shit, you look much better in comparison while putting in only a small amount of effort.

Because I don't need to pretend I'm a member of some high society when I'm well aware I'm a line cook. It was just a phase where plebs thought they weren't for a moment. Mostly got sorted out shortly after WWII babies started growing up and getting addicted to drugs.

The personal comfort of the individual is now incorrectly regarded as one's primary motive for doing things. Thus, t-shirts and shorts have replaced suit and tie.

this is pretty accurate
you have to go back, faggot
>nothing is sacred anymore
people were sold comfort but got slovenliness instead

These.

Here's the reddest of pills: The world ended in 2012. What were perceive to be our world is a satanic hellscape. Nothing will ever get better from here on out, because the world has ended. 2012 was the spiritual death of human civilization. We're just animals now. We have forsaken god, and chosen to walk on the path to our destruction. You cannot (((change))) anything. You cannot alter destiny. It has been foretold, and it will come to pass. Nothing you do, or will do matters.

It takes more effort to walk around like that, than actually wear the pants properly.

Niggers don't deserve to live.

Autism vaccines

Chinese (((sweat shops))) make clothes no one else can compete with prices on

88f in full suit?
No.

Because we are a nation of niggers who think a track suit is fashion. God we have sunk so low

This question isn't hard to answer if you think about it for a few seconds.
>more accessible cheap clothing made by the boat load
>vrs hand tailored suits that are actually comfortable to wear in long social/work settings
I'd bet more people were tailors back then then they are now.

Exactly
Also new dress clothes are comfy, stretchy, moisture wicking.
The true excuse for not dressing well is social embarrassment. You are afraid to stand out as a well dressed intelligent man. Better to blend in as a man child slob.
If you dress well people automatically assume you are better than them and should be in charge.

Cheap and easy to get shit tailored now. 15 bucks a shirt max. Buy 15 dollar shirt on sale, get it tailored, looks like 100 dollar shirt. People automatically think you are the boss because your shirt fits well.

It is part of the infantilization of the people/country/culture. We are kept in a perpetual childhood that amkes us easy to control. We now dress in oversized children's clothes (t-shirts and shorts), eat children's food (cooked by someone else, or quick fixes like cereal), play with children's games and toys (video games, collectable figures), Watch children's media (cartoons, super hero TV shows and movies). It goes on and on in every aspect of our lives. Create laws favoring women in divorces and drive a wedge between men and women so they lose any concept of responsibility. Create media that constantly shows men as foolish, out of shape buffoons who need women to do everything for them. Destroy the idea of a mother as the most sacred duty and tear it down from the highest honored position in society. Inflate the currency and bubble the housing markets to destroy savings and keep people from home ownership.

Look around OP. You will see it everywhere. Look around when you were out shopping at all the t-shirts and shorts, or graphic tees and jeans. Look into their shopping carts and see not ingredients for cooking but pre-packaged foods and sodas. If you still watch TV pay attention to all the ads and what kind of men they portray.

Now think back on all these aspects of our life and ask yourself, Who is in control of them? Who is doing this to us? Who is trying to control and destroy us?

The only thing you can count on people to dress up for these days is a wedding, or certain high society performances like the symphony or a play, but even there there are always some dickheads who are way under dressed.

Global warming

They would dress as though they would wake up in a casket tomorrow. People these days don't have much reason to live... Looking at the only reason to live back then being imbibement in controlled substances.

We need to start having standards again.

Here's the thing: They wore that every day and smelled like fucking shit.

w e w
you're a fucking retard familia
and you have to be 18+ to post on 4chinz

>why don't people dress well for casual settings anymore?

Absolutely, and it isn't even hard to start taking small steps in that direction. I highly recommend starting a morning ritual of waking up and cooking breakfast. The sound of eggs hitting the pan and cooking in bacon fat is one of the most glorious experiences in life and gets you ready for the day. A proper breakfast will last you till dinner. You won't even think about food until late afternoon. It is easy to do and easy to build off of.

Absolutely hit the nail on the head

Graphic t shirt wearers should be the first to the chambers

because north american has terrible fashion and are lazy

This. I am not the lunatic to make the connection, but i am the tinfoil hat making lunatic to believe someone out there believes that ppls clothes changed because "muh green house gasses"

When I was in trouble I thought wearing a suit would help my cause but the judges really just don't fucking care.

I work at an airport.
Ive seen niggers walk so slow because every other step they gotta pull they shit up from they knees to mid thigh.
I hate them all

Captcha public station

Why should they care?

YOU let them to be alive. YOU let them to have rights. So you DESERVE to suffer.

post more 19th or 20th century fashion

Google it, nigger.

>being a fucking alcoholic
>(((standards)))
Sad!

>Against alcohol
>Flag
Turn off your proxy, ahmed

Because capitalism has replaced every aspect of our lives with low quality cheap mass produced shit. Ordinary workers can't afford do wear real clothes or eat real food anymore.

Fuck I hate hippies so goddamn much

Almost an hour and a half old, but damn user, that is a spooky ID.

Powerful image, and I’m not being sarcastic. Men acted like men, there were no women allowed at country clubs/gentleman’s clubs and you never heard any femcunts bitching about it. When smoking jackets were actually a thing

How come everyone used to have such big ears? Like even my family photoes from back then everyone has big ass ears but my family today has normal ears. What the hell is going on?

I was sitting outside the county district courtroom a few years ago getting ready to appear on a DUI charge. I was dressed in a suit. At least three guys came up and asked me if I was their lawyer.

Not surprised by this at all.

So the question I want to ask is this, how should a man dress if they want to look well and be presentable? Is it still a three-piece suit or is it something else?

who gives a fuck anymore, why don't you do it and report back to us how it went, would make for a much more interesting thread.

>Is it still a three-piece suit

if you're an autist, sure.

dress for the occasion. the only occasion a three piece suit is appropriate that you will attend is probably a wedding.

mostly because of boomers

the American boomer generation decided that wearing suits was for "squares"
and decided that they'd start wearing t-shirts and jeans everywhere instead
once they took over wearing jeans with a tucked in button shirt became "formal" wear

Start here brother. It is easier than you think.
youtube.com/watch?v=f6ZDemlIJYg

feel free to wear a suit everywhere, lol.

>casual settings
>three-piece suit

yeah, just gonna catch a beer with the guys at the bowling alley in my trusty tailored suit and vintage timepiece.

We live too long now.
We also aren't a real country anymore.

That's why people don't dress up for court, dingus.

Don't be afraid to stand out, user.

I always wear at least a blazer when I go out. I'm not a dockworker.

So their slovenly and unkempt appearance should be excused because they don't gain anything from it from others? You don't dress well for others, you dress well for yourself.

once i can afford a bunch of high quality suits i will
that doesn't solve the problem of a bunch of retard degenerates ruining fashion for the entire world

That wasn't Boomers, you idiot, that was Beatniks ie Shaggy from Scooby Doo that came a decade before. Goddamn you faggots just shit on boomers any chance you get with no idea whatsoever about the actual history of shit. When did all these "wahh boomer" faggots all decide to collectively show up here?

People don't dress well at all anymore. People who constantly wear blue jeans with everything are the worst. I hate them so much and they are everywhere. Colors are just crazy and all over the place ever since synthetic materials took over. Green, orange and purple in the same outfit aren't rare. People just buy shit in awful colors and then wear whatever. They look like a rainbow barfed on them.

People used to dress so much better because they choice of color was much more limited and you didn't have mass produced cheap plastic shit in whatever awful color you could imagine.

Ugly cars are another thing, you can't even buy a well designed new car anymore if you aren't wealthy and shopping for a designer luxury car. All the affordable cars look ugly as fuck nowadays. Cars used to be pretty, not anymore.

Same with architecture. It feels like everything beautiful is being stomped out.

Its like somebody wants every last waking day in everyone's lives to be mundane and ordinary to the point they've casualized everything, I'd not be surprised to see people get married in fucking Crocs and sweatpants these days.

Not dressing properly for the situations at hand is also a sign of degeneracy! Not that dressing casually is degenerate, but that never giving a fuck about things you SHOULD give a fuck about is the degenerate part.

They absolutely do, in the sense that, just like cops, they'll give you benefits of doubt (when within their legitimate power) when you are dressed and are acting with respect to the situation you find yourself. Because judges just like cops, deal with feral fucking retards all day so it's refreshing when someone with some damn tact comes through.

Even a fat slob looks presentable wearing a decently fitting suit and tie

Most people don't have much sense of dignity and they never will unless it's trained into them.

What do I look like some kind of fast food reviewer?

That's exactly what I was saying, but seems to think that he should get rewarded for dressing like a proper adult. It may not get you a positive outcome, but it will never be to your detriment.

why don't people dress well for casual settings anymore?

>pic related

>If you dress well people automatically assume you are better than them and should be in charge.

This is a problem how?

I am 37 and I never thought I'd live to see an era when I'm running circles around an entire room full of people simply because I came there dressed like I gave a fuck about what's about to happen

Nigga, not all suits are 100% wool you dope. Get a linen suit, its very easy to wear in the warm weather

That's not exactly true, maybe some poorfag that only had one suit would, my grandpa said as a kid people had 3 or 4 suits that they'd rotate during the week and usually had at least one or two of them being drycleaned and pressed at a shop while they had one on and 1-2 other complete suits back in the closet.

Exactly. They lack discipline and direction. Like said, they're infantilized. Unless they have someone telling them "No, you're doing this wrong, you look like a slob, get your shit together", they regress to a disorderly, childlike state. It's disgusting.

Explain A Bathing Ape then! Your countrymen have a fashion label trying out outnigger urban American nigger streetwear

Sometimes I do this now and then, feels incredible. It feels nice to look sharp and elegant when you don't need to. No shit I am not going to play a pickup game of basketball in a suit and tie nor am I going to change the air filter in my car either but you get the idea.

Very few people actually dress up for the opera, unless it's some high end opening with tickets costing at least 5k

Back in college I took a public speech class to satisfy one of the Gen Ed's for my major and my first speech was absolute shit but the instructor she gave me an A for it anyway because she thought I looked sharp and I was the only person in class that actually listened when she said that everyone had to wear formal attire on the day of their speeches for the duration of the semester.

Because the white man isn't in control anymore.

He is. That's why everything you see is asking white men for more. "We need more Women in STEM" "We need more refugees" "We need more money for government programs" "We need more black/gay/etc representation in X" None of the other groups ever just get on with making their own thing, the beg and cry to the white man until he builds it for them. Things are the way they are because the past few generations gave in and gave everyone what they wanted. Then they wanted more. White men let themselves be taken advantage of, then failed to teach their sons any responsibility. Now we are in a place where white men don't even know how great they are, and greater still could be if they just stood up for themselves once again. Never forget we are still in the driver's seat, we just need to stop taking directions from the people in the back.