ITT: The mentally ill

What's behind the "mental health epidemic" we are facing? More and more people are diagnosed with mental disorders every year. What's the reason for this?

> My theory:
> Mentally ill person 1950: "OK, there are some dark emotions and impulses inside me, but I'll do my best to keep them in check and be a well functioning adult, because otherwise they'll put me into an institution and treat me with cold baths and electric shocks. And if that does not work, they'll probably poke a knife through my eye sockets, separating the hemispheres of my brain and transforming me into an emotionless robot."

>Mentally ill person today: "HEY SHITLORD, I'VE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH @disease of the day@, YOU FUCKERS BETTER DO WHAT I SAY, OR I'LL SPERG OUT ON YOU AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!"

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DsVzKCk066g
youtube.com/watch?v=q5jVqOWioFo
forbes.com/sites/legalnewsline/2017/04/10/philadelphia-flooded-with-new-risperdal-lawsuits-trials-split-but-include-massive-verdict/#45f1d2363188
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PPP1R1B
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The internet + kike influence has fucked society up.

100% of religious people are mentally ill

entertainment industry + smartphones = people becoming "instant gratification" whores with zero patience.

>implying a person can be "not religious"
everybody has faith in something.
even if that faith is in nature taking it's course.

believing that the sun will rise tomorrow is faith.
believing that science has proven that it will rise tomorrow is faith.

humans cannot escape religion because your thoughts are your religion.

Lack of good diet and enough exercise.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DsVzKCk066g

The Nazis were obsessed with fitness for a reason.

Most "Mental illness" symptoms stem from things like improper sleep patterns. Not many people seem to realize how important sleep is to physical health. How important it is that the sleep take place during the night, and not day.

Drugs society saw a massive increase in mental illness during the 1960s and 1970s continuing to today. Of course mental illness was present before and has always been present in human beings. But drug usage has been on the rise. Also the drugs people are using are different, far more hard drugs instead of alcohol and marijuana.

Alcohol is the hardest drug that exists.

It literally holds it's weight against crystal meth and heroin -- and directly modulates the brain's electrical system which is the cause of actual mental illness.

THIS

A good part of it is our DNA has been degrading since Home Sapiens came into being on this planet. Every new generation inherits mutations from their ancestors as well as creating new mutations of their own. Some mutations are beneficial but the majority are not. The same applies to every organism on this planet and is a major reason more species go extinct than develop into new species. It is an interesting case study that refutes a main aspect of Darwinism.

gaytheism spreading.
like this guy

Maybe it has something to do with society being garbage and everyone living a lie. That can't possibly be healthy

Those doctors need money, otherwise they went through 200000 worth of med school for nothing.

I've been in the psych wards lots of times. I believe it's the future of poltards who will openly criticize society. Can't have that, it's bad think.

I've met a ton of people in there for the stupidest things. One just wanted to be called God, not the supreme creator, but just the name. Religiousfags hate this so they'll lock her up. I've met a druggie slut. Normies hate this so she's locked up. I've met a guy who I can't remember how he got up, but he wasn't allowed to leave so he started acting up and slamming shit and getting physical.

It's just another part of the medical industrial complex used to lock people up.

Please show me more edge, give me that edge baby, put your edge in me. What a big edgy you have.

It's a good thing I'm not religious. I've been saved through Jesus Christ.

>T. Schizophrenic

No mental stimulation now. Everything is instant, requires no thought, no gratification or reward.

Consider some talking points going on these days. I’ll use gun control as an example.

>It’s ok to be mentally ill! Embrace it or you’re an ableist shitlord! Fucking everyone is mentally ill somehow so come get you some medication!
>the mentally ill shouldn’t have access to firearms

Do the math there. Guns are a litmus test. Schlomo Goldenstein and his wife Eva Titsberg are pushing for the acceptance of an “epidemic” of mental instability with all the cuddles and rainbows leftists love to introduce a narrative that you’re not to be trusted with thinking and acting for yourself.

Its just the way we are evolving so to speak. We used to be too busy with hunting and gathering and actually having to live a subsistence lifestyle whereas now everything is given to you on a golden platter. Theres nothing left to do or discover so your left with constantly having to be social and judge your self on your interactions. 100 years ago there was no Social anxiety or mental disorders of that nature. It's simply all a bi product of what this world has become. A technological hell hole.

>hey user, i have another disease for ya, one where you're multiple people!

Ya nah, lies, fake news.

He's actually banged up already. Probably stole an iphone off his guard whilst the guard butt rapes his arsehole. Many such cases.

ADHD is a myth. Unless you have an actual mental illness you're just buying into literal kike crap.

It's just another way of having them take your rights. Everyone wants to kill someone or beat them up at some point but if you tell a therapist that they'll take away your right to own a gun. Don't trust them.

If you have to take pills for a specific reason, then just go in there, say nothing to your shrink, and just tell him "Give me my pills bitch or I'll find another doctor." If you make this clear that you want nothing to do with them they have no choice but to charge you and give you a prescription.

does this theory have a name

What about personality disorders.

Chaos invasion is happening. These are the precursor signs that precede a collapse and invasion by demonic beings like what caused the bronze age collapse and iron age collapse.

Dgeneracy runs rampant, drugs, sex, hedonism, perversion all common place. Mental illness grows ranging from depression, to schizophrenics. Psychopaths/sociopaths begin being born in enormous numbers and preying on people as serial killers, politicians, businessmen etc.

There is usually a reaction after a collapse period to extreme religiosity, with purges of the mentally ill and degenerates that may last decades.

We are living during a collapse event. We are at the very beginning of it and you wont live to see the end of it but may if you live long enough see the worst of it.

oh boy here we go

Dual n-back can cure ADHD

I went to a shrink to get adderall. Don't even start honestly. They can send you to the clink.

Find someone else, anyone.

because it's viewed as shameful to have a mental defect. Life sucks man don't know if you know that but people that are "happy" really are just stupid. People lie to themselves and refuse to go to a doctor or therapist it really is an epidemic. God helps those who helps themselves so admitting there maybe might be an issue is the first step. If you can't afford it think about the things you look at online or on this site or in daily life. your reality and consciousness is in your control.

Read that.

>Personality Disorder

It's assuming that something is wrong with someone's personality ie: Who they are.

If someone's condition is genetic, then it's genetic, but I've seen a guy who had antisocial personality disorder get depressed because a girl didn't love him back. So yeah. Maybe he didn't have it. Maybe they diagnosed him with that because he didn't conform.

It's a slippery slope that leads to what exactly, again?

The ability to diagnose people who have personalities not congruent with society - IE: They don't conform.

we dont remove crazy people from society anymore, so more genetically defective crazies are born and are able to reproduce.

if you look at how society generally acted, wrote their thoughts down and spoke toward 1900 or so compared to today, its night and day with emotional control and focus, ability to reason and maintain composure. of course there was less sperg and openly sociopathic behavior.

you're an idiot. Sup Forums never fails to impress me with the utter retardation and lack of empathy I see on here.
you can't punish a mental illness out of someone. it's like saying you can scream at someone until their cancer goes away. or beat someone up until they can walk again.

fucking idiot. this is possibly one of the most idiotic regressive things I've ever seen on here. you're literally advocating for regressing psychiatric medicine.

From my experience most psychologists and psychiatrists just make things worse. They can confuse you further if you aren't careful. It's great to just have someone really listen to you when you tak about your issues though. I found Dialectical Behavioural Therapy most helpful in my case. Group based anything is always helpful makes you feel less alone.

everyone is being a pussy

youtube.com/watch?v=q5jVqOWioFo

yes

Explain further.

((((Therapy))) is nothing more than a social control program. Never trust a therapist.

That's why all those polite well mannered folks were murdering, and raping each other at rates dozens of times higher than current trends. And why we had 2 world wars and over twenty major civil wars in just about 3 decades.

Those people sure had their heads screwed on right.

rly makes u think

Your theory is retarded... like 5% of the population were able to read and write in the 1900s and they were also the highly educated members of society.

What we are seeing now is he by-product of mass education. Crazies weren't able to get noticed for anything other than their actions a 100+ years ago, but now they can have their very own blog.

crime isnt mental illness.

you should go back to making your playboy threads, unless youve been stripped. you stick out like a sore thumb and youre an embarrassment to your country.

It’s interestinng because 1st world countries are most prominent with mental problems, compounded stress is my guess.

Well... yeah. Thats the point. Or some therapies atleast. It's a social control program. To have control over yourself in social situations.

If (like I think you mean) Other people controlling you, how the fuck does that supposed to work? Like how is someone being given counting exercises to cope with their anxiety or PTSD in public part of some new world order control conspiracy?

>Crime isn't mental illness.

Conversation over.

>5% could read and write. where did you get that one? how would that change our extremely large written sociological record of that time period?

it wasnt the dark ages fuckhead

Story time, like 90% in psych wards are religious.

Everybody's pissed that they're there. Everybody tries not to sound crazy. Yet there was someone that was unabashed religious talking about the rapture and Jesus 24/7.

She was there super long. Eventually, she would break down a few times because days feel like weeks there and she had kids outside of the place. She starts crying and freaking out because a lot of people don't know how long they're staying and someone starts telling her "don't worry, pray to jesus. Pray to Jesus! Pray to the lord!" She starts breaking down and eventually falls on the floor crying and freaking out because she realize how crazy she sounded at that moment.

>"Praise the lord! Praise the lord! Praise the lord!" the other girl trying to help, but kept yelling this out

It was scary to see. Those doctors and staff have zero sense of empathy.

un-diagnosed parasite infestations

for about a year i was having health problems physical and mental. Kept looking into it and came to the conclusion that i had parasites so i did a natural parasite cleanse and now i no longer feel crazy.

If you don't believe me that parasites can cause people to have mental problems look it up.

A lot of it is genetic. My sperm doner is a diagnosed bipolar schizo and gets gibs from the government for it. I can't hold a job, maintain a steady relationship or do fucking anything without eventually fucking it up because the moods from day to day are just completely fucking whacked. I don't get any gibs though, so I just do my best to live with it and not hurt anyone. I don't even know if it's what I have. Just been told by my mom and every girlfriend in my life something is definitely wrong with me.

well shit, you sure told me, plebbit

It certainly looks like this.
Add the legion of "philosophers" denying free will today, and the picture becomes even clearer.

Uneducated =/= Crazy

Weirdos/Crazies were shunned by societies before. Not anymore, now you take some drugs or get "therapy" and pretend everything is normal, procreate and create more emotionally/mentally shunted children

Not all of it is.

The fact of the matter is that even though you might have a pharmaceutical company that creates a treatment that cures schizophrenia, they might leave out the part where they perscribe it to teen boys who end up growing breasts for the rest of their life.

If you don't believe me, that actually happened:
forbes.com/sites/legalnewsline/2017/04/10/philadelphia-flooded-with-new-risperdal-lawsuits-trials-split-but-include-massive-verdict/#45f1d2363188

Your shrink is a drug dealer, plain and simple.

Would you trust your drug dealer with your darkest secrets? He's going to say.

"Here try this shit bro it'll fix you up"

those pills aint gona sell themselves

I'm a bipolar schizophrenic (schizoaffective, bipolar type) because my mother is a degenerate and drugged me as a child several times. He is now a mentally ill bisexual who is married to a women whom she beats and does drugs with.

Get drugs off the streets, please, and thank you.

Oh pharma companies I don't trust in the slightest, (unfortunately i have to take daily medication or ill die) but that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Pharmaceutical companies should be kept on a very very short leash.

>put me into an institution and treat me with cold baths and electric shocks.

Mental institutions closed down in the 70's. Now there are just prisons.

>He
she*
Very tired.

>unfortunately i have to take daily medication or ill die
must be testosterone replacement

Reagan and the patient's rights faggots let them all loose

I got chased a few years ago by a homeless schizo nigger who kept screaming that I was a servant of the primordials and trying to weaken his enochian powers

The entire standard now is just to let the loonies wander the streets until they flip out and attack someone

Autism does not exist, it's just bad parenting.

Well, cancer therapy has greatly enhanced the life expectation of anyone diagnosed with cancer.
Like in almost every field of medicine, progress has reduced the incidence and/or the severity of the conditions treated.

Except for psychiatric medicine. More and more people are diagnosed with mental illnesses, more and more people are treated, but most progress in that field lies in the reduction of the side effects of the treatment, not in increased efficiency.

Or we just know a lot more than we did in the 50s.

But degeneracy amirite?

Hyper normalization.
People aren't supposed to have neighbors (through a television window) that are rich, famous, murderous, etc.

I had solo sessions from a therapist. Be careful because a lot of them will try to coral you into meds when you're trying to stay drug free. Sometimes they won't even see you without the doc.

Find a good friend is the best advice.

Yeah I know the feeling.

I carry this gene:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PPP1R1B

Hence I've got some problems with reaching the right conclusions on things. I have to take Geodon every day or I'll get delusional in a month or less, thankfully no hallucinations. Luckily the gene is recessive so my kids will carry it, but not have it - as long as I don't marry a roastie with the same problem.

If anything it's made me more realistic as I had to sort out the shit that I knew was wrong from the shit that was.

Good thing is that gene therapy is blowing up so something might be done at some point to fix it.

Like cancer the best course of action is early detection. Nuerorsis digs into the pysche and continues the downward spiral. Then it's years/decades of trying to get back to normal

>Mentally ill person today: "HEY SHITLORD, I'VE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH @disease of the day@, YOU FUCKERS BETTER DO WHAT I SAY, OR I'LL SPERG OUT ON YOU AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!"
This

And this

The Internet is a catalyst for propaganda and awful behavior, among other things

Genetics
2nd Law of Thermodynamics

shut up faggot

wut

you're a retard, please kys

>> My theory:
>> Mentally ill person 1950: "OK, there are some dark emotions and impulses inside me, but I'll do my best to keep them in check and be a well functioning adult, because otherwise they'll put me into an institution and treat me with cold baths and electric shocks. And if that does not work, they'll probably poke a knife through my eye sockets, separating the hemispheres of my brain and transforming me into an emotionless robot."
That was certainly some part of it for me. My university's babying of me as soon as the word depression was mentioned, as well as society's general attitude toward the idea of mental illness certainly feels like it lengthened my recovery process.

I'd say the other big reason is the lack of purpose or meaning in our lives today. Men can survive tremendous hardship in working towards some greater goal. Lack that, and having nothing but shallow consumerist hedonism, makes the inevitable hardships of life far harder to manage.

You are absolutely right. And as poltards, we all have the following card to fight leftism as a last resort:

>"HEY SHITLORD, I'VE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH AUTISM, YOU FUCKERS BETTER DO WHAT I SAY, OR I'LL SPERG OUT ON YOU AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!"

As if these people have mental illnesses.

I have faith that you will die in your sleep tonight, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen, eh?

t. Leonid Brezhnev

Oh yeah because everyone used to be so well behaved and peaceful.

>It was scary to see. Those doctors and staff have zero sense of empathy.
Personally I think that's one of the biggest issues with psych wards today. If someone's vulnerable and suffering like that, the least you could offer is kindness and respect.

bump

When I was in one, near everyone working wore medical masks. Even still, the disdain was clear. Not a good time. They'll outright lie to you. You don't feel human in a place like that. Prison or whatnot is probably similar.

Seems like 7/10 people brag about being bipolar - they're not. The school system in the US coddles and accommodates -the kids come out whiny and don't know how to cope with life, parents (same way) take them to therapists for pills, and psych meds become a lifestyle for entire families - "it's hereditary".

Big Pharma + govt - when (((they))) figured out their experiments worked and people could be programmed by drugs, that was it...look at opioids - it's an epidemic. This was a plan.

America has massive corruption - the government that promotes Big Pharma drug dependency will stop pill shilling - executive order signed last week will help. And I wish we could eliminate lobbying/bribery altogether.

I honestly don't think that many people are mentally ill. We just need friends to talk to. We had bigger families back in the day, and we had like 8 siblings to talk to.

That's mild compared to conditions in some other psych wards. Especially in developing countries (but also sometimes here) patients aren't even given physical privacy or modesty. Staff can be authoritarian and inflexible - the last thing anyone with mental issues needs.

(((They))) are pushing for more diagnosis to drug and numb the population. This is also gives massive shekels to (((big pharma)))

Poor food quality, lack of exercise, lack of purpose in life. Exposure to toxic chemicals, probably vaccines.

You get stuck in for twice the time that was said you were going to (a week), get needled, tied to a bed in isolation, and then can tell me how things are mild. That's just in a local hospital psych. I could at least keep my fucking clothes minus the dangerous bits. Fuck niggers in the third world. That shit is literally not our problem. Get homeless of our streets, get people to stop doing drugs, teach people the importance of eating right and exercising, get food to kids, fix how schools are run so kids want to learn things... there is so much shit that needs fixed over here.

I never said things were mild. They're terrible here. I was just saying how those aren't even the worst cases. Obviously we should focus on our own countries' issues though. What's going on is inexcusable.

Yeah that's some great fanfic there shitlord. Write up another one for the next thread.

Selection pressure for higher cognitive capacity coupled with maladaption to an unnatural society.

Genes for intelligence usually correlate with insanity. A more active brain has a higher chance to fuck itself up if it gets out of balance.

At the same time our society excerts massive pressure on us to fit into its rigid boundaries. Also, too high population density may trigger long-term stress responses in the brain. Urbanization may be one main factor for the rise in mental illness. Any studies on whether the rate of mental illnesses is higher in an urban compared to a rural setting? Would google it but have to go to work now, I'm already late.

B3 deficiency. Look up Dr Abram hoffer

Except belief in science is belief in logic where as belief in religion is a belief in miracles

And David Hardy, Canadian hog farmer.

me on the right

free dope, a gov check, and special snowflake parking for the disabled

The benches were soft and you could leave markings. I made sure to leave some nazi swatiskas. I wish there were specific white power symbols because I'm not particularly fond of Hitler.

I'm pretty much fed up at this point. I'm not sure how to not end up there. If I go back for any reason I'm just going to start calling the staff niggers, spics, and kikes and be super racist ala weev. What do you think?

Perhaps the recent rise in mental illnesses is a cry for attention. At the least, it can attribute to some of the cases.

Re-defining what mental illness is year after year will increase rates of mental illness.

Black Pigeon Speaks is confirmed controlled-opposition Jew!

GET IN HERE →