Catholic General /CG/

CATHOLIC GENERAL: All saint's day soon edition

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life.

Today is the Monday of the Thirtieth Week in Ordinary Time. Here are your daily readings
usccb.org/bible/readings/103017.cfm

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Online Breviary
divinumofficium.com/cgi-bin/horas/officium.pl
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (Ireland)
latinmassireland.com/mass-listings/
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IQmodO2quW0
youtube.com/watch?v=DiYQzOypD9o
youtube.com/watch?v=rml5Cif01g4
youtube.com/watch?v=WYEzxD2kcGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vCp-ayAp7fE
youtube.com/watch?v=_l0Say2wMw0
youtube.com/watch?v=qIdCRanZZyw
youtube.com/watch?v=cv6JHGfB9Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=gldvim1yjYM
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shameless self bump
My pleasure, glad I could help

from last thread

God worked in the mysterious way of giving me a horribly abusive childhood and never speaking to me or showing any signs of his love or comforting presence or really ever helping me at all. I would sooner believe in a malevolent entity who has cursed my life than a god who loves me at this point.

Have you read about the miracles of the

>insert religion here

yes I have and no they aren't convincing because I based my beliefs based on what I see and experience for myself, as best I can. What I can see with my own two eyes and touch with my own two hands. What I can make sense of with my own mind.

And I didn't have doubts, I had "screaming for jesus to help me as my father beat me because the pain was too much to bear"

nobody has ever helped me but myself.

I am a very lonely person

> I'm curious as to what degree you're getting into
Conflicts immediately connected with the Reformation of the 1520s to 1540s:TheGerman Peasants' War(1524–1525)TheWars of Kappelin theOld Swiss Confederacy(1529–1531)TheSchmalkaldic War(1546–1547) in theHoly Roman EmpireTheEighty Years' War(1568–1648) in theLow CountriesTheFrench Wars of Religion(1562–1598)TheThirty Years' War(1618–1648), affecting the Holy Roman Empire includingHabsburg AustriaandBohemia,France,DenmarkandSwedenTheWars of the Three Kingdoms(1639–1651), affectingEngland,ScotlandandIrelandScottish ReformationandCivil WarsEnglish ReformationandCivil WarIrish Confederate Warsand theCromwellian conquest of Ireland
Nine Years' War(1688–1697)

While I agree, the church was being wrongly used to gain power, and needed reformation. The doctrine didn't need to change. And the church certainly didn't need to split into thousands of different sects that believe in different things
Not to mention the whole purpose of a holy language such as Latin was to have a common tongue among Christians of different nations
Muslims and Hebrews of didn't nations can communicate fine since they share a language they consider holy
Tldr Martin Luther was a retard who destroyed the unity of Christianity
Also thanks, I'll be praying for your as well, do you have a discord? I understand that the act of repentance is what matters, but I cannot excuse my actions. I only wish to better myself before the Lord.

That's horrible user, and I am truly sorry. But it's wrong to lay the actions of men at the feet of God. God did not send evil upon you, for that is against the very nature of God. Rather, it was men who freely choose to do such evil things to you.
Might I suggest at least going to talk to a priest? Not even for conversion or anything like that, but just so they can help you? You clearly want to believe but are struggling, and while I want to help as best I can, they are ultimately better equipped to help you.
>What I can see with my own two eyes and touch with my own two hands. What I can make sense of with my own mind.
Well then Thomas, what about saint Bernadette, who's incorruptibility was examined by a medical doctor 100 years after her death and described as the "not a natural phenomenon." full text of his report is as follows:
"I would have liked to open the left side of the thorax to take the ribs as relics and then remove the heart which I am certain must have survived. However, as the trunk was slightly supported on the left arm, it would have been rather difficult to try and get at the heart without doing too much noticeable damage. As the Mother Superior had expressed a desire for the Saint's heart to be kept together with the whole body, and as Monsignor the Bishop did not insist, I gave up the idea of opening the left-hand side of the thorax and contented myself with removing the two right ribs which were more accessible. ... What struck me during this examination, of course, was the state of perfect preservation of the skeleton, the fibrous tissues of the muscles (still supple and firm)
1/2

2/2
", of the ligaments, and of the skin, and above all the totally unexpected state of the liver after 46 years. One would have thought that this organ, which is basically soft and inclined to crumble, would have decomposed very rapidly or would have hardened to a chalky consistency. Yet, when it was cut it was soft and almost normal in consistency. I pointed this out to those present, remarking that this did not seem to be a natural phenomenon."

Daily reminder that Catholicism is leftism.

Thanks again bro.

That really put me in a great mood and lifted my spirits. God bless you.

Daily reminder that papists are traitors and will be killed on the day of the rope

Bless you too, I'll be sure to pray for you
and you as well user.
Now it's late here and I have classes tomorrow, so I'm going to have to say good night. It's been a pleasure.

Viva Dia de Los Muertos!

I wasn't raised catholic so I doubt going to see a priest would help, I would just feel uncomfortable.

My parents thought they were serving god by doing what they did, and he couldn't even be bothered to tell them what they were doing was wrong or comfort me in a moment of need.

shit god/10

Daily reminder that Thomas Aquinas was a hack and a plagiarist who stole the superior pagan philosophy of Aristotle, because Christianity itself is so vapid and childish and christcucks so low IQ that they cannot create their own philosophy. But then Aquinas bastardized the superior philosophy with christcuckoldry.

Then I guess Hitler was a devout leftist

Daily reminder that Christianity is for cowards and Jews.

Become Orthodox.

Aristotle acknowledged one universal good that transcended the Greek pantheon

>I would just feel uncomfortable
What are you a faggot? Good God, why is my generation so afraid of confrontation. Man the Fuck up you dumb cunt. I don't even care if you convert, but your life won't amount to anything if you avoid that which makes you "uncomfortable"

Hitler was deist master race, like all good European men in history.

Yes, and? So did most educated pagans.

geez user I just meant I've never been in a catholic church, never done mass, never done confession, never talked to a priest

I have literally no experience with that kind of shit, it'd be like just walking in a jewish temple to talk to a rabbi. There's no point.

Don't do it. Cath*lic church is a far left organization

Liever turk dan paaps my friend

Daily reminder that Christianity is the true religion and what is written in the New Testament is real.
youtube.com/watch?v=IQmodO2quW0
youtube.com/watch?v=DiYQzOypD9o
The videos are long, but they basically come down to this:
1. The chain of custody is sound, the story doesn't change over time.
2. There was stuff in the Bible that was later confirmed by archeology(places, people, chariots on the sea floor of the Red Sea (Moses parting the red sea), snakes used to have legs, etc.)
3. There are even non-believers' accounts of some stuff Jesus did, just from them you can know a lot about Jesus if you piece it all together.
4. The differences between gospels aren't a bad sign, because witnesses rarely agree on stuff. If every eyewitness would say the same thing, it would be very fishy and would mean they probably talked to each other at one point.
5. The apostles died without getting rich, getting a girlfriend or getting power, they all died horribly. There was no point in spreading Christianity if they didn't believe in it. Why would they risk their life if it wasn't true? Why would they risk their life if it was all forged? Why would Paul try to join this new small church?
Also the only accounts of Romans getting Christians to change their faith was after the 1st century. No account of eyewitnesses ever changing their story.

New Testament Reliability:
youtube.com/watch?v=rml5Cif01g4
youtube.com/watch?v=WYEzxD2kcGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vCp-ayAp7fE
youtube.com/watch?v=_l0Say2wMw0
youtube.com/watch?v=qIdCRanZZyw
youtube.com/watch?v=cv6JHGfB9Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=gldvim1yjYM

You spelt Catholic wrong
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler
Take a leap of faith user, even my parents aren't as religious as I am. They practically didn't do anything except force me to go to Sunday school, which really made me dislike the church rather than strengthen my faith in it's teachings.
Life is about uncomfortable moments, like asking a girl out, or proposing to your soul mate. Lack of information didn't stop anyone who was willing to learn for the sake of it.
While you'd learn allot from taking to a priest or going to mass (though I'd suggest taking to a priest first) you don't have to start there. You can start by reading the bible, hell audio books will do. You have to start somewhere
And if it doesn't work out, what have you got to lose?
People like have been indoctrinated by evangelical pastors in the same way Marxist by their professors. They believe a bunch of lies about the church, but will never investigate it for themselves, usually because they will end up converting.
Just go to your nearest Catholic church, and ask to see a priest for counseling. If you don't like it, then don't go for another time. But if you really want to find your faith in a solid foundation, you'll find your home here.

>thread died
>"Okay, that's it I guess"
>come back and now this thread

Well okay then, evening everyone. Happy Halloween.

Our work never ends my dude,
Also I was this guy See

Laudate is a decent app. Could use some cleaning up/organization. Link to EWTN in recommended community links?

Bump

BROTHERS please pray for me I was just recently confirmed at an FSSP parish and I am working hard at my career so my aryan traditional girlfriend and I can start a family and have at least 4 white children for the greater glory of God.

There is hope for the future and I have found it in my darling. We are both Catholics and want nothing more than to live saintly lives, raise a family, and do what we can to combat the synagogue of Satan while glorifying God.

Pax Domini sic semper vobiscum, fratres!

Pic related, what our kids will most likely look like in the future.

Can't believe there are still people who think Christianity is a Jewish invention. Sad!

Pagans love to act like the Third Reich was some big solstice festival but in reality it was mostly catholics and protestants working together against the Jew.

inb4 "Muh Himmler" who killed himself after betraying Catholic Hitler to the Jews.

Non nobis domine! Tuo da gloriam sed nomini!
Only 4? Have as many as you can support brother, you're ahead of the game for allot of us. Carry on brother, what you've described is a dream amongst those still struggling with their demons.
Be a role model, live a good life. I hope we can change the world so we don't have to force the torch upon they next generation, like it was to us
Vade in pax

shiiiet even as a kid i new catholicism was a fucking lie lol.

>indoctrinated by evangelical pastors
Lol, I just read the catechism of the Catholic church, which reads like left wing manifesto.

I can't believe there are still people who are dumb enough to fall for christianity.

Let's hear it then
As long as the European spirit is still alive, so will be Christianity

Fuck off you papist cucks. It was, and still is, a mistake to have let you and your kind in.