Why is this terrible drug still being prescribed by doctors...

Why is this terrible drug still being prescribed by doctors? This """medicine""" is terrible and I'm half convinced that it's simply being pushed because they know people fall to it very easily.

It's highly addictive, even in a hospital environment. One round of this shit can have someone addicted, and the effects of it are devestating, causing high seizure risks and a myriad of other issues.

>STOP INFRINGING MUH RIGHT TO BUY WHATEVER I WANT HURR
This shit is almost on par with hardcore drugs. It ruins peoples lives and people scrounge up the money they can to buy it. I've seen MULTIPLE people, personally, have their lives ruined from this. Kids taken away, hospitalizations, car crashes, inability to even function on a day to day basis.

The worst part is that Doctor's fucking push this shit. They WANT people to take Xanax, despite its highly addictive and destructive nature. There's letting the Citizen buy what they please on a free market and then there is literally pushing a poison onto other people through your """CERTIFIED RECOMMENDATION AS A DOCTOR"""

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Yb0E-SNkXA
youtube.com/watch?v=oAZDZ6k6skQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

(((Big Pharma)))

Also, Lortabs can be put on the same level as this shit. Highly addictive, and destructive drug.

god i fucking love xanax

My fucking doctor won't give me any and I literally have anxiety and panic attacks. Been to the ER 3 times in the last 5 years because of it. "I really don't want to put you on them because people become very dependent on them." Well no fucking shit? I'd rather be dependent than having a heart rate of 170 and feel like im having a heart attack out of no where somedays. I should switch doctors.

Seek rehab bud, or have fun with seizure land.

Drs shouldn't prescribe it. Should only be used in hospitals for seizures. You can survive a panic attack.

it fucks your head up, tricks you into thinking you need it to survive and function.. then it fucks you up physically if you leave the bitch on the side of the road... its like good pussy. so good in fact you dont give a fuck about pussy after 4 bars. dont do it kids. its bad mmmkay

They put my 98yo crippled grandma with chronic pain on it and now she's pleasant to be around.

That's pretty fuckin awful, but I guess better than everybody being miserable or intentionally killing her off.

Get to a rehab M8 you’re gonna need to be detoxed. Been there.

Any doctor who prescribes that to someone a) for more than a week or two and b) who isn't suffering serious, debilitating anxiety, should have his or her license to practice medicine revoked. Just like any other benzo, it is only good for short term treatment of anxiety, and its short half-life makes it far more addictive than benzos with longer half-lives.

>They WANT people to take
If you willingly take it, you deserve what you get.

Ya instead of "MUH ANXIETY" you are just going to start having seizures, and barely being able to function. Like vidya? Good luck you'll barely be awake to play it. Work out? No energy, you'll be sitting on your ass until your migraines (withdrawl) comes back and you need to take more.

Then when you finally get fucking tired of it, right when you think you can leave it, you'll be hit by seizures.

Even short term prescriptions are bad. It's proven to cause addiction off of one prescription. So the Doctor puts you on it and then by the time you leave the hospital you are wanting more.

Then how do you effectively treat anxiety?

You fuckwit, your anxiety will be much worse after xanax treatment.
Dependency on any GABA modulator will make you much more susceptible to anxiety.
You will be better for a month, tops before the pills become an absolute necessity for survival while your anxiety returns to where it was before you started treatment, even while on xanax.
You will need to continuously up the dosage until you succumb to side effects/direct effects.
Trust me, you are much better off trying to resolve this without chronic medication.

anxiety and panic attacks....
kek

>almost on par with hardcore drugs
This shit IS on par with hardcore drugs. You can literally die from withdrawals. Since this new wave of xanax rap and upcoming hip hop artists promoting the shit out of it I wonder what their lives are like. Every one of these rappers must be going through complete hell or in and out of rehab and it just must not be publicized. Future talks about how he has taken 70 bars a day

Problem is people don't know, or don't do enough research on the drug. Doctors just say "Oh this can help." and people fall for it.

That's I had part b). Even then, you're right, it's far more trouble than it's worth. I might prescribe it for a week to someone who has lost someone suddenly in a car accident or who has witnessed the death of a loved one. I would never pass that shit out for "well, I'm feeling a little antsy and really kind of frustrated, and I'm so anxious because my kids are doing ballet and soccer at the same time, blah blah blah." type of bullshit that you get from bored suburban housewives. They get recommendations to read books on relaxation.

Smoke the weed mon..

Having friends / getting laid / life responsibilities. A beer or two is ok if that helps get you started.

I used to smuggle a shot in to work when I had to give presentations until I figured out that public speaking can be fun for everybody if you just let your inner psychopath do the talking.

If I ever make it to 98 i'll be taking everything they give me. Why not

Switch doctors. If you're having debilitating panic attacks there's nothing wrong with taking xanax. I was on it for 3 months and had no issues getting off. If you're retarded enough to get addicted you deserve it.

They used to have her on oxy, which was awful because she got all addicted to it and kept eating more to stave away the stomach pain and couldn't sleep and was generally a hellion.

It's a good idea to pick and chose what you want to go along with.

The root of anxiety is almost always lifestyle. It's a symptom of stress, depression, etc. If you're going to treat it with medication, benzos should be one of the last things off the shelf. Since they are indicated for anxiety by the companies that produce them, they are invariably the first things off the shelf. There was a problem with Valium in this respect back in the 60s and 70s, no one learned anything, and now there's a Xanax problem.

>what are pharmacogenetics
>what are pharmacokinetic profiles
>just do what i did bro

> feel like im having a heart attack out of no where somedays

have you considered exercising and weight loss, I'm assuming your doctor is afraid to prescribe medication that requires self control if the physical appearance of their patient shows a lack of self control

Xanax is garbage. I can't feel them for some reason, not like other benzos.

My elderly father nearly had his life and mind destroyed by this drug, was prescribed increasingly large doses of it for over 2 years for his anxiety about the future. When my mother and I went to the doctor to complain that the drug did nothing to help him any more and was causing him bouts of delirious agitation, Doc's response was to double his dosage. We got him the hell out of there and helped him get clean, slowly substituting other substances with the help of drug rehab professionals then slowly weaning him off.

Plenty of people don't have family members that give a shit about them like my father does, and all they have is the cycle of enforced addiction from medical professionals in bed with pharma shills. Shit's almost enough to make you want to go to bullshit crystal healing naturopaths, at least they won't actively kill me and my family members.

It does its job in cases of acute panic but prescribing this poison to anyone long-term is a spirit-killing soul-sucking fucking crime.

I had a crazy experience with my doctor once about xanax. From the start I've always told him i'm not interested in any medication but he has always tried pushing anti-depressants and shit on me. For the hell of once as he was walking out I asked him what he would recommend for extreme anxiety I get every once in awhile and he got this crazy smile on his face and goes "xanax, would you like to try some?" Freaked me out. Made me feel like he was some stranger on the street trying to peddle me shit

This shit fucks people up, it's like dealing with a severely drunk person but the drunk doesn't wear off.

You niggers are weak-willed fags. Xanax has wonderful properties if taken responsibly. I fucking love it when I have been over worked at the gym and I want something to help calm me down so I can rest better. A low dose helps me with the gains.

You dick suckers are just effeminate bitches who are susceptible to addiction and are terrified of a world that tests your personal responsibility.

Eat a dick.

Sackler family are kikes

Ok? You're saying anyone can get addicted to anything. At least xanax doesn't fuck up your brain like the alternative treatment (ssri's)

> pharmacogenetics
as long as he's not asian or black he should be fine taking xanax

blacks have fewer cytochromes 3A4's (the main metabolic pathway of xanax) and asians have more 3A4's than white people, both can lead to addiction if prescribed in the wrong amounts - especially for blacks

the only time i ever asked the doctor for this is when i had to take a flight it works good but i think you shouldnt take it as an every day thing only situational

People almost always come back for more. Some doctors like those 5-minute appoints where they refill the prescription. Get 12 of those a day and you've made 750-1000 in that hour. The stuff is probably the single most dangerous drug, inclusive of all the opioids, that I have ever seen prescribed the way it is.

Try taking a whole bar at once. A dealer friend of mine gave me one for the lulz and I don't remember too much of what happened but everybody said I was chill as fuck.

Apparently I even started hitting on girls, but I only really remember coming down and wondering what everybody was doing in my kitchen and where the girls came from.

Have to say you don't know shit. I go to the hospital on the reg and they go into length about the harm of xanax and try to push things like clondine and one other i cant remember right now. My primary won't prescribe it. Says they are trying to get rid of prescription based xanax and are looking to help people addicted. But whatever. Most people can't see change until the tables are turned. The hospital/medical group i see is at Shands@UF.

What's the matter buddy? Need your Xanax fix for week 3?

I'm sure you are the same kind of person that argues that Heroin should be given via prescription from the Doctor's office. Have fun with seizures you degenerate junkie.

Benzos ruin you REM sleep.
You’re a drug-dependent degenerate.

this

My buddy was on a bunch of xanax once while we were out frolfing. For some reason I let this dude drive us back to my apartment and he could not get his shit together. He would make complete stops in a 45 mph road to do lane changes and then a few blocks from my place on some random street he parks on the side, turns his car off and was about to walk into some random house that he thought was mine for some reason. He freaked the fuck out and was like that has never happened to me before where are we? crazy shit

Either way, there is a frightening amount of people on it and those who took it in the first place and became addicted now seek it on illegal markets. I know people personally who will seek out people who have Xanax to buy it from them.

It doesn't fucking up your rem sleep as much as cannabis does, just saying.

Xanax does fuck up your brain.
Don’t take SSRIs either, they’re just as bad.
Different drugs have different ability to cause addiction, xanax is highly addictive.
None of this medication really works for mental disorders.
You need to get your life in order without using medication because in the end it will only make you worse.

Don’t use cannabis.
Go to sleep without drugs

I watched this girl have a seizure last year. We were just playing poker then she slammed the cards on the table and starting yelling like a spartan. Then she flew back into the couch and starting wiggling. Crazy shit.

man i tried that shit once in high school... literally had me roaming the streets breaking into cars and running around in the interstate traffic at like 2 am... took a week to regain half my memory, it was a total loss of time while i was on it at first...
this shit is straight poison, my first thought when i woke up the next day was "holy shit, they prescribe this to people"

I just black out on like 1/4 and never understood why take a drug you never remember anything on

Is Xanax abuse why Norm Macdonald always looks so shaky recently?

that's not a healthy way to use that drug though, you're going to end up 'leaning' that you 'need to take it' after exerting yourself physically - a task that requires discipline - and once you run out of a supply of that drug your ability to do tasks that require discipline will suffer enormously.

You're going to end up craving that drug every time you think of exercising and any other thought associated with the ritual of exercise.

cut it out faggot

It was a scary thought when I was younger and came to this conclusion. Growing up most kids have parents that take meds and what not and you just see it as normal. Then you realize you are literally on your own and any med you take is just a crutch that will fuck you up more

TONIC CLONIC

Would if I could. I spent 8 months drug free and I never received more than 4 hours of sleep a night. Now I use xanax and cannabis regularly and feel great. Drugs were made for a reason.

I don't get it, I used to have a reliable Xanny dealer. Would get the 2mg yellow bars and I never noticed much of a difference in taking them. I think the max I took at once was like 6mg. Tried snorting, parachuting, dissolving under tongue, tried everything but never really saw the widespread appeal of them.

and that reason is money

Xanax is the tits recreationally. But yea it's a cancer to society

Could be a lot of things. Sometimes old people just get essential tremors because they're old enough to start breaking down. But I get a strong feeling of hard drug/alcohol use that he never really entirely cleaned up from.

Although if we do believe that he quit chain smoking, that shows some pretty good resolve, or possibly chemical help.

It's not great. I did it for about a year in high school before my dealer got arrested.
I didn't get addicted but someone else probably would. There ought to be extra restrictions put on this shit. Not all anxiety and pain requires medication, although people seem to have forgotten.

>Drugs were made for a reason.
yeah, but those drugs aren't made for the why you're using them

your short term memory and attention span must be absolutely fucked dude

Half the scam of pharma is putting you on things that cause other issues that they can treat.

im fucked off 4 bars right now lol

Im om benzos, i couldnt function without them so they are good. Withdrawals are horrible though and I think overall theyve made my mental health worse

xanax is evil.

the fact that you can even get 2mg bars of it is fucking retarded. you should never need more than .5mg at once and even then it should never be used for more than two weeks at a time.

i have never met someone prescribed xanax who didn't either a) abuse it and end up fucking their life up by getting a dui or b) sell it.

god gave us the herb of the earth, the ganja, as a way to relieve our nerves and heal what ails us. (((xanax))) pulls us further from god

Yeah its a terrible drug. My dad had been taking it for years and it really affected him terribly. He was a fucking wreck on them, and I never knew why he was acting so agitated, weird, or just not normal for periods over those years (I was a lot younger and he sort of hid the meds he was taking). Two years ago he stopped being able to get them and went cold turkey, which resulted in a massive seizure one day - I remember he was pacing around the house, then just let out a weird yell and dropped to the ground. Almost cracked his head on the tiles.

Oh we always megadose. I think 18mg (9 bars) one night. It fucks me up like a retard but I do not feel it, if that makes any sense. As far as I can tell I feel normal and it is not enjoyable as a drug. Other benzos feel good to me like I am operating at 150%.

>people who have Xanax to but it from them.
It will slow. Worked on a number of other pills. Soma comes to mind.
People seek an end. Let this be theirs if they choose, they will just go and abuse something else. Until then, reputable doctors will do the right thing creating a trend among them and this xanax craze will die.

modern day herb is nowhere near what the original herb was like. by that logic god gave us the ingredients to make xanax so we should use it

Eventually those drugs will either stop working or start to cause adverse effects (or both).
Chances are they already have and you’re in denial.
Good luck getting off them when you realise you’re in deep shit

I believe him that he never drank at least, and I never really heard of any hard drug rumors. But I do know he talks about loving Xanax, so I'm wondering if years and years of using it is fucking him up a bit.

I would say a fair number of people get a mild euphoria from them, and a lot of them, especially stressed people, enjoy the numbness and "warmth" that they report. It's another Band-Aid solution and since they no longer feel any stress, even when the stress is healthy stress, they start to change their behavior. As more stressors build up and they get used to a certain dosage, they'll want more, etc. And then they find themselves with a huge benzo habit, their lives are crumbling, their excitatory/inhibitory systems are all dysregulated, and they're trapped. Getting off the drug is a long, painful process, they almost always get doubled-up, rebound anxiety, they can't sleep, and a lot of people I've seen with it end up in the nuthouse, getting pumped up with Klonopin, which just starts the process again. It's a vicious cycle. Xanax is also the hardest to get off of because of its short half-life.

>the fact that you can even get 2mg bars of it is fucking retarded

this, nobody 'needs' 2mgs

Having a benzo in your pocket "just in case" is a nice safety net for those prone to panic attacks. I've gone weeks with just the peace of mind, quellng the self fueling fear of "what if I get an attack on my way to work, waiting in the lobby, out shopping, etc.

use pregabaline, i was on xanax for over 3 years, can confirm OP post

weed affects productivity too much. less addictive, but not something you'd want to use all the time.

responsibilities and social obligations also make me anxious.
there must be something out there better than benzos. never messed with benzos since i've heard lots of bad things.

Short answer is yes. There's one really sad unfunny interview with him where they think he's drunk but he's actually off his head on a double dose of Xanax, you can practically hear the wheels creaking in his head as he struggles to come up with funny shit to say.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Yb0E-SNkXA

youtube.com/watch?v=oAZDZ6k6skQ

>this xanax craze will die

it's been going strong for well over 10 years. it's extremely easy for roasties to get since doctors just want them to shut the fuck up

>klonopin
Couldn't remember the other one besides clondine that they are pushing. thanks.

They tried forcing me to take this shit when I went to a mental hospital (I wasn't mental, I just had a fight with my parents). I had trust issues with medication and is a good thing I didn't take it.

>This """medicine""" is terrible and I'm half convinced that it's simply being pushed because they know people fall to it very easily.

only half?

People still think doctors prescribe medication for your benefit.

news flash, they do it because they get kick backs from the drug industry, big pharma.

big pharma doesn't properly research their drugs, and often times don't even understand how their drugs work. They don't hide this fact, they state it plainly as to not attract lawsuits.

but people still trust them, and believe they care. they don't

it's just about money.

AND JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WHAT IS WITH THESE GODDAMN CAPTCHAS YOU FUCKING MODS ARE ASSHOLES

I HAD TO SOLVE 23 CAPTCHAS JUST TO POST THIS. FUCK YOU MODS AND YOUR BULLSHIT WEBSITE

lol dude don't do that jesus

First one or two times on E I wasn't really feeling much other than that my eyes wouldn't hold still, but I'm glad I didn't get big in to it the way some of my other friends did. Shits and giggles is one thing, but that'll just fry you out after a while.

herb is herb is herb. i dont advocate taking bongrips of hydroponic alaskan thunderfuck but edibles, tincture, or small amounts vaporized is still using it as god intended. it won't hurt you. xanax will

re-read

>Having a benzo in your pocket "just in case" is a nice safety net for those prone to panic attacks

fucking absolutely this, I told my doctor this and she prescribed me a small amount without asking a single question

the idea that you can kill a panic attack if you really need to truly reduces the occurrence and intensity of panic attacks

weed doesn't stop working, i know someone who has been smoking it for well over 50 years and it still does the trick

I haven't done enough research or read up on big pharma to come to a final conclusion but I'm pretty sure of it.

I honestly just want them so I can take advantage of my obongocare while I can and sell them.
>pay $5 for a script of 50-100 polls
>turn around and sell them for $2-3 a pop
I mean, I really do have panic attacks and shit but it's usually after a night I went way to hard on the drinking. It's more my nervous system recalibrating than anything.

Doctors only prescribe things that can cause addiction and yield high profit. There is no such thing as medicine.

There are old Cold War studies that reveal that if you convince someone that they are going to die, they actually do die. The opposite is true. For most ailments, sheer willpower will get you through just fine. Never, ever walk into a doctor's office unless you're bleeding profusely and need physical treatment. Deny any and all drugs.

CBD oil apparently does the trick for a lot of people without needing to confront the THC question.

Fair enough. It is targeting such a young generation as opposed to other drug crazes in the past. 3-4 years of abuse. 6-10 years of rehab/relapse.

I'm not addicted though. Just last week I went in vacation for 5 days and didn't use shit the entire time. I got terrible sleep but I always do unless I'm on drugs. Maybe I'm just awesome but I don't understand how people get addicted to shit.

What?

tfw you can only get Ativan :(

>During this production were you encouraged to imbibe?

>Whuh? Imbibe?

>Whatever the term is for consuming alcoholic beverages?

>Oh god no, I'd die. *mumble mumble*

I see people on Xanax, Klonopin, and Ativan the most. Occasionally an older person will still take Valium (there's nothing wrong with it, it's just old) and rarely Librium.

Clonidine is an old blood-pressure medication that has been repurposed as an anxiolytic. It's not a benzo, and it's not as dangerous. Clonidine is actually a decent drug for people with mild to moderate anxiety that can't or won't be treated behaviorally.

>5 days
Try 5 weeks. You're not even going to get into the beginning of neural plasticity for a few months, and no real recovery for almost a year.

cbd oil isn't the best for anxiety. it does work very well as an analgesic, better than advil imo.

xanax makes the world go round hunny bun