Tipping and expecting tips is the cancer that is killing America

Tipping and expecting tips is the cancer that is killing America.

Ok, let's get this party started. I'll start: tipping is GAAAY.

A business model in which a large portion of your employees are not paid is a bad business model.

don't go place you're expected to tip, poorfag.
McDonalds is waiting.

Tipping was invented by Jews so they don't have to pay their help wages... And in true Jewish fashion, they never tip themselves.

> Gratuities are seldom included in Canadian restaurants. It is customary to tip approximately 15-20% on the total bill before tax, less for poor service, more for truly exceptional service.

A fifth of the bill for some surly pockmarked millennial who wouldn't know what good service meant even if it reached up and bit him in the ass.

is that suppose to spill everywhere when they go for the tip? seems easy to keep the pressure on the coaster and flip it back over.

What I can never understand is why the person handling food is the one that deserves tips and not the one cooking it. I'd much rather tip the chef after a good meal than the guy that said "YO CHEF I NEED A STEAK"

The girl who works at the coffee drive through I goto had a Red Sonja costume on today. Fuck yeah I tipped her.

Lift the plate
Hold the glass
Turn 360 degrees
Grab the money
Profit

tips are usually split between kitchen staff, wait staff and bussers.

> not knowing the difference between underpaying and not paying

And a bad business model for whom exactly? If you have a college degree in hand and are still dependent on tips that is exclusively your failing and not the business owner's.

This is the part I especially find stupid - minimum wage worker at cafe deserves tip, minimum wage worker in fast food place doesn't.

>let's make it EVEN HARDER to open up a restaurant by raising labor costs by more than 500%
>wanting the average net profit of 10% to go down to -25%

At the few restaurants I worked at in my youth, the tips were exclusively split between the host, waiter, and bartender.

Front office. They bring in the customers, and they are the reason why the business is alive. The cooks don't get personal with the clientele unless it's a super fancy restaurant and that's usually only for the main chef.

haha

The problem is the jew monsato GMO industry has made food super expensive.

> impying that the amount tipped should be part of the wages by default

No.

Everyone is aware. The dude was just being a jerk about it, dousing the money in beer.

No, welfare has. Every tax-paying dollar injected into the food industry raises nominal prices by .66 cents.

Are you saying that the business owner should have all rights to tips?

What I absolutely despise is the way it has come to be expected. Not tipping should be the norm, never the other way round.

It improves service when the person can make more than what they are being paid, even if it's at federal minimum wage.

Also, being a regular and ripping well means the staff go out of their way to make you extra happy. At bars, too. Also, over-tipping makes you look like a made man.

Economics 101: Elasticity

No, a tip should always be voluntarily offered by the customer for good service and not expected by the wait staff regardless.

Can you honestly claim that this culture of expecting to be tipped regardless has generally improved service in America?

>move plate over sink
>collect $40

This. only a brainlet would think that was full proof.

The correct way to do it would get a perfectly flat metal sheet and pull it out from under it after you place it down.

>expected

That's just you projecting, though. If they good service, tip them. If they don't laugh at your jokes, or aren't attentive when it's slow, then don't tip them. It's not a crime.

Everyone is throwing the same old arguments back and forth, while I'm just sitting here wondering why someone put $40 in an upside down glass of water

why even?

just flip the glass over and take the money out

A "minimum wage" worker at a cafe makes ~2.15 per hour. A minimum wage worker at McDonalds makes closer to triple that wage.

I don't take issue with the system, as it allows me to be treated like a priority. I can understand why people who don't have the means dislike the system. What I personally despise is that there are people who operate based on what they think the world SHOULD be, rather than what it actually is.

If you don't want to tip, either don't go to that place, or, if you DO go, don't expect to be treated like a priority.

>says the kike who doesn't want to tip

but let's say we do away with tips and the employers pay their employees more money then it's going on the bill anyway. you pay for it either way.
at least now you can choose to reward according to quality of services provided, otherwise it's a hidden add-on.

You must pay taxes on gifts too. Not claiming your gift and paying the tax is punishable too.

You only have to pay taxes on gifts if the value is more than $14,000.

A lot of people wouldn't even notice the water until its all over themselves.

I only go out of my way to tip the person who cuts my hair and if the waiter goes above and beyond with good service.

I went to Olive Garden, waiter came to our table multiple times to check on us and refill out water and give us bread-sticks. Loaded us up with lots of cheese, even said he'd come back and give us more if we wanted it. Got us more bread-sticks to go, two bags of em'. He also recommended a coupon for us to use.

I tipped him well.

Other times I go to a restaurant and the waiter only checks on us one or twice for refills and no extras tossed in. I don't give a tip. The waiter essentially performed functions that I could have done at any self serve fast food restaurant.

What I really like is the Filipino model at some of the restaurants around Seattle. You order and pay for your food at the front desk, they hand you a sign for your table, go and get your own drinks and silverware, sit down, they bring the food to your table and leave it there. No interaction with the staff is required because everything you need is accessible. Fuck, you even have to clean your own table afterwards. Literally the perfect restaurant. And the prices are cheap too.

Part of the reason is expectations are higher in restaurants.

Your waiter is expected to be knowledgable of the dishes, not looking like garbage, not stink like the food, and to be pleasant.

This is especially true at high end places where your waiter will be know wines better than you and are staffed with chads or 7-8/10 women

>Female employee wears sexually suggestive costume.
>Male customer experiences male pattern stupidity and throws money at her.

RedForeman.jpg

Yearly, the giftor reports to the IRS gifts exceeding $14,000 per giftee. Over the giftor's life, these yearly gift amounts in excess of $14.000 are added all together. If this sum exceeds about $5.5million, then the excess over $5.5million is taxed at 40%

Very few people pay any gift tax.

yes goys, pay taxes for everything

Federal minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13 an hour. They get Jewed super hard. If you don't want to tip extra, fine, but you are a massive sniveling kike if you don't at the very least make up the difference between normal minimum wage and the shit they get paid (which is $5.12). It's shitty that (((they))) made it work this way but seeing that it does, it's better to just help out the guy essentially making indentured servant pay because you're not gonna break the (((system))) by witholding five bucks.

>full proof.

>Very few people pay any gift tax.
Yeah. So they get to keep the whole gift (read: tip) and da Jew gets none.

I honestly don't care if they don't tip. As someone who tips 50% at restaurants and bars, and 100% at salons, it means that I never have to wait for service after I've gone once. I shoot straight to the front of every line, because they know its worth their time to do so.

They could just grab the plate and flip them both around. You're supposed to do it on the table with a coaster.

>full proof
full proof
>full proof
full proof
>full proof
full proof
>full proof

They get paid the state minimum wage. There is no “restaurant” minimum wage. The way it works is they will work for $2/hr and if they make under state min. wage after tips then the employer makes up the difference. If they make enough in tips then the employer doesn’t have to any more.

>t. Accountant who worked with several restaurants and hotels

>just dont go to restaurants
ok
>why are millennials killing restaurants?

>Assuming

>The way it works is they will work for $2/hr and if they make under state min. wage after tips then the employer makes up the difference
Find me someone who consistently makes under the minimum wage that the employer keeps employed.

Small businesses do not follow the law. Corporate businesses do, but if you go 2 pay periods in a row where they have to pay you out of their pocket, you are getting let go.

Yes, but not every state has a minimum wage. 5 states don't, in fact. And then you have states like Georgia where the minimum wage is so low it almost might as well not exist.

I like you, accountantfag. I wish you well in your accountanting adventures.

enjoy your dead establishments

As someone who is working for tips right now, I agree tipping is bullshit. Niggers are hands down the worst tippers. Pic related though is not a challenge and i would gladly take high tips for a mediocre challenge. Can't believe people just give money away to shitheads like myself.

Kitchenfag here
We usually get a small cut of tips but it's barely anything, my jew work gives us 1%.

They did this wrong, they we're supposed to place something like the laminated menu over the filled cup and tip, flip it on the table, and slide the laminated menu out. Also mixing together all the leftover drinks and food makes it even a more offensive mess. Although the simple solution is to slip a laminated sheet back under the cup and to flip it back over to prevent it from spilling.

Not an accountant. I've just worked at multiple places as a waiter when I was young. Old Chicago will shit can you if you go 2 pay periods within 3 months where you don't make up the difference. 3 small businesses just don't make up the difference.

It gets the shit waiters out of the industry, which is good for everybody. That said, even good waiters will treat you as their lowest priority (literally after cigarette breaks and going to the bathroom) if they recognize you as a non-tipper, which happens really fast.

Never seen anyone do anything outright illegal, like spitting on the food, but plenty of people get food that has been sitting under a heat lamp for 20 minutes if you're a no-tipper/bad tipper.

>flip the glass over
>keep plate on top
>remove plate
>retrieve money

ye olde "tipping for favoritism". you sound like old money

>Old Chicago
Shit nigger I'm in the southwest suburbs.

3 dollar note??

Wow, only 45 states have minimum wage laws!? Imagine my shock!

automatic tipping is retarded. just the other day we ordered through grubhub and tipped in advance like we always do, we had to get out of our home because the delivery driver didn't want to even open the door to deliver it, said there was no where to park, he could have flashed his hazards and delivered it like everyone else, would have took seconds, but nope, too much trouble. we learned from our mistake.

also i go to college and went the engineering path, let me just say that a lot of the jobs they offer here pays less than what these people are making, which is sad. you are essentially subsidizing cheap employers. ffs there are entry level machinists who make less than these idiot drivers.

Business tends to be seasonal and typically hours are cut rather than keeping a full staff but that does not imply anyone is willingly going to gamble and break the law to scam their employees out of what...20 a day? These might be min. wage workers but they have every reason and the means to look this shit up themselves as well. Every employer I worked with just cuts hours when it’s dead or send people home early. Tips are expected to such a degree it’s unheard of to have one waiter/bartender not hit min. wage.

Instead of complaining about this, why aren't you lobbying to abolish "mandatory" tipping culture and demanding restaurants pay proper wages, making tipping an option instead of a weird social expectation?

or if you suck,
>carry plate over sink
>get money

also I haven't read any of the thread but I was a waiter for awhile and OP can do what he does best and suck a fat one

Actually, I looked it up after posting, and 6 states lack a minimum wage. Several more have very low minimum wages, e.g. Georgia and Wyoming.

Mandatory tipping makes the service worse because you have to be inconvenienced figuring out the right amount.

That's an upside down five.

I have no problem with tipping when you are being personally served. It's just a small gesture of "hey, you personally serviced me. Thank you."
Besides, people that get tips don't usually get paid well in the first place.

Still a federal minimum wage of 7.25

Some states are higher in an effort to be progressive/keep up with local economy but even Koch bro country have to pay 7.25

I've stolen tips from shitty servers before, especially bartenders. Fuck those entitled cunts.

I'm not old money. Dad's an engineer, so we were comfortable, but my grandfather on my mom's side was in the military most of his life, and my grandfather on my dad's side was a teacher, and a really piss poor one.

I'm a power plant operator/Master Electrician. I live comfortably, and don't mind paying extra to be treated like a priority when I'm getting service. When I get my hair cut, I pay 25 bucks, no matter what (haircuts are 15 bucks without a coupon, down to 10 bucks with a coupon). When I'm at a bar, it's to order at most 2 drinks, so I tip 100% so that I don't have to wait for them. Restaurant gets a 100% tip the first time I show up somewhere, and up to a 50% tip from then on.

I haven't been to a bar in 6 months, but the waitresses that work there always recognize me right when I walk in, and seat me and serve me my first drink in under 2 minutes from the time I walk in. I get treated like a king at restaurants that I frequent regularly (once every 2-3 months).

Why should I pay someone for doing a job they're already being paid to do? Because they "did a good job"? If they don't do a good job they get the sack just like everyone else who has a job.

Small businesses I've worked for had 1 person on when it's dead, 2 people on during predicted busy hours, where 1 person would be cut if it wasn't busy. Can't cut your workers beyond that.

>Queue the faggots complaining they eaen less than minimun wage.

>I deserve this money I in no way earned more than these entitled fucks doing their jobs.
Kek.

ive only been tipped once by niggers. and it was a hatian who was kind

But if we get rid of tipping I've gawt to pay my employees 8 dollahs an owa!

>not tipping
kike detected

This is edited, right?
I wouldn't tip anywhere close to that much unless I was a billionaire.

indians are cheaper than jews. of course no one wants to be a server in india. they had to get a robot

what kind of monopoly money is that?

I like how I can take it from them.

Well if that's the case, that's good, but the guy i was replying to said it was state, not federal.

Holy shit I'm glad I don't live in America.

Just FYI this is super easy for a server to get the money out of. All they have to do is flip the fucking cup over.

I don't believe in tipping.

its pretty simple math though... like any monkey can round up the bill and figure 15% or 20% real quick

>$20 for fast food

Fuck that, especially when my food is likely not even $10.

Because you live in a country where waiters get paid a wage, so tipping isn't necessary.

I still think its bullshit that just delivering something will get you a tip, shits not even 2 miles away and the driver is expecting a 5 dollar tip for a $26 order, on top of the delivery fees, which don't even go to him. I used to deliver pizzas back in the 90s, when I didn't get a tip I thanked them, turned around and went on my way. Now its totally different, its tip everything and if you don't, you're a broke dick nigger. I honestly don't believe these drivers or what we call "Button pushers" in our trade, deserve to get more than what they are getting, for example you shouldn't be paid over 20 dollar in tips on top of your paycheck just for carrying shit, lol how fucking retarded.

That's an exaggerated goy chart.

>by Lindsay Ouellette/QMI Agency
A