Bowe Bergdahl

What do we think about him Sup Forums? What does he deserve as punishment?

I just watched the recently aired BBC 4 documentary made by a guy who was held hostage for 4 months by the same group as Bergdahl, this got him access to the family and at the end even to the man himself.

I suggest giving it a watch it's quite balanced reporting on a story that is not balanced anyway, also has interviews with the likes of Mike Flynn.

Here is the BBC link to the documentary.

bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09d9cdp/coming-home-bowe-bergdahl-vs-the-united-states

he abandoned his post. fuck him, betrayed his brothers

Yes that's true and his excuse that he was trying to get to a different base 30KM away to complain about discipline issues sounds like bullshit to me too.

>What does he deserve as punishment?

He committed no crime. What is the proper 'punishment' for someone who did nothing wrong?

Can't just leave your post when you're in the military user.

Desertion is a crime. Not to mention the men who were killed, wounded, and paralyzed searching for him went he left his post in the middle of the night. There is evidence and allegations that he was captured by that Taliban group trying to JOIN them. He is a real piece of shit and must face the consequences of his actions in his court martial.

No soldiers were killed trying to find him, two were wounded but those 6 soldiers often mentioned were not even on a mission to find him, and by this time intelligence knew he had already been moved to Pakistan.

Publicly sodomized by a fire poker for both him and that traitorous nigger that freed five prisoners in exchange for this sack of shit.

Abandoned his post which led to casualties among his brothers in arms. To top off the shit sandwich obummer traded 4 terrorists to get him back who re-joined al-queada.

When your presence as an invader in some foreign country is a war crime, so called 'desertion' is the only legal act. His crime, was invading a foreign country. That is the only crime, but every US soldier is guilty, not just Bo.

Nobody was 'killed' looking for him you liar. His unit, like every unit of invaders invading a foreign country (definition of a war crime) suffered some casualties----to demonize Bo, his unit (probably the high-up brass/liars) pinned all the casualties on Bo. Complete retardation and propaganda, but you repeat it here? Are you a liar and propagandist?

You are legitimately retarded

The people in charge of debriefing POWs have stated that Bo endured the worst treatment of an American POW since Vietnam. They were even brought to tears when testifying.

Take a guess at how many countries in the modern day officially declare war before they send troops in, go on take a guess.

Zero of course, although you could dress up the "UN resolutions" against Libya type of lies, as declarations of war.

Also you could have changed your question to ask "throughout history" and the answer would be similar.

But when a strong gigantic military nation (USA/NATO) attacks a weak helpless non-nuclear country, what difference would a declaration make? None. To attack and invade a sovereign nation is the definition of a war crime. It's basically what we do every day for the last?25 years?

To call Bo a criminal, is a farce, it's just bandit justice. It's Ghengis Khan disciplining one of his soldiers for not attacking their victims with sufficient ferocity.

The criminals, are the ones charging Bo.

Afghanistan is not a sovereign nation it's a failed state.

>being this much of a faggot
>2017

I hope you paid your TV licence before you watched it...

Don't worry Mum did.

>Says every invader throughout all history.

And England is the destroyer of nations, nobody has invaded and conquered as much as you. Now we are taking up the mantle.

Eventually the world will nuke us in self-defense, or submit to total slavery.

The phase of the Afghanistan war he participated in had wide international support. He should have been executed by the team that extracted him right in front of his ‘captors’.

Suuuuuuuuuure
>US troops in Afghanistan were foreign invaders according to US LAW therefore deserting was a LAWFUL act still according to US LAW
get a load of this faggot

England is the civilizer of nations*

Fixed that for you.

>wide international support.

Irrelevant how many countries we bribe/threat to go along with our invasions and attacks. They are just gobbling up the bribes, or buying time sacrificing their friends hoping they are not the next Iraq or Libya. (Protip they are, if they are not Israel)

Ironically what you said is all true. Invading a foreign nation is a crime per International law, Germans were convicted, by us, per these 'laws' and Also participating a war crime is a US military crime, per the military own laws.

So every US soldier (and non-Afgan soldier) in Afganistan is a war-criminal, but Bo Less so, because he quit and stopped aggressing against the Afgan people.

But like I said, Bandit justice, is merely "what the bandit King says" and that is what Bo is charged with, displeasing the bandit king.

>the civilizer of nations

So sayeth every invader through all history. You are basically proving my points.

I don't think he really did that much wrong and has probably suffered enough

On the other hand it would be funny as fuck if the military sent him to Leavenworth for treason after getting assraped by goat fuckers for five years talk about JUST

Sorry my dude but laws are derived from the support of people. Tons of countries participated in ISAF and you’re basically retarded. The US invasion of Afghanistan was dubious but everything that happened after the first 2 months is totally kosher. Bowe is a coward, likely a traitor, and deserved death at the hands of his captors.

I served in that exact area and the idea that you’re just going to walk from one base to the next is fucking comedy. I doubt he even made it to malakshay.

Should be publicly executed for cowardice and desertion

But that would have soured Obama's prisoner exchange optics to summarily execute the guy we traded 5 hardened fighters for and the guys we made the deal with.

You are a war criminal, so is Bo, but less than you, because he quit his crimes and basically turned himself in.

You are a war criminal not by my opinion, but by international law, and per US military law. You obeyed an unlawful order, to invade a foreign nation, which had not harmed us in any way, and in which congress had not declared war.

Cowardice is obeying the jew, to please our jewish masters by destroying and killing other goyim. We are next on their plate.

this.

>we traded 5 hardened fighters

Why didn't you call them 'terrorists?' Anyway they were defending their nation, against invaders. They should have been immediately freed, without any relation to the Birdog matter.

Except Britain quite literally did civilise people, look at Australia, Canada, New Zealand, first world national create from 200 year old colonial outposts.

I had the full support of the nation I belong to and the government of the nation I was fighting in. We were embedded with agents of that government and were fighting foreigners from Pakistan. There is no definition of war criminal that fits anyone who served in Afghanistan after ISAF and the Karzai government were created. Nice LARP though.

So we're supposed to feel sorry for the guy because his terrible decision had torturous results? The military has dozens of ways to deal with guys who can't or won't fight, depending on the circumstances, they vary from compassionate to unpleasant but none of them are torture. Assuming he didn't want to join the enemy as a traitor, Bergdahl didn't want to fight and thought he could escape consequences by fleeing in the dead of night. He got everything that was coming to him except being left in Afghan hands permanently.

They were non-uniformed troops fighting for a non-state actor. Good meme though.

>I had the full support of the nation I belong to

So did Hitler's troops, but your comment is flatly untrue anyway. 90% of Americans are resigned to our jewish masters war crimes and invasions, because we know we can't do anything to stop them, and they really don't involve or harm us, besides the over-taxing.

And the majority of Americans voted against the warmonger Hillary, who brought us invasions and so many deaths (trying to protect people like you and your comrades, from being killed in jewish wars for Israel) I don't want you or any of your pals to die for Israel, ever.

We voted for the man who said we need to end these wars and protect our troops.

The only non-criminal soldiers in Afganistan, are Afgans. Foreign invaders and mercenaries are just that. Who is and is not a 'state actor' by your definition, is silly to discuss when you are a war criminal in the first place.

Majority voted for Hillary my dude. Afghans wanted us there. The local kandaks and ANP unit’s never wanted to leave the base without us because we might as well have been superheroes to them.

Is terrorist a meaningful term any more? The guys they let go did not get locked up for buying a plane ticket while having the same name as a Jihadi. The five men we exchanged were all members of the Taliban and not just goatherds with AKs unless they give grandiose titles like deputy chief of staff of intelligence services to the guy who checks to see if the tea boys have pubic hair. If you want to argue that the Taliban was the legally constituted government of Afghanistan and that their military commanders are rightly prisoners of war, I agree completely. If you think that it is appropriate to exchange 5 legitimate POWs for a traitor or deserter, then I heartily disagree. When the Taliban found Bergdahl out of uniform they should have shot him as a spy.

>majority voted for Hillary
>Hillary got less than 50% of the vote

You are just showing your intelligence level now.

>like every unit of invaders invading a foreign country (definition of a war crime)

No it isnt you dumbfuck. Thats just war