Why doesn't America have Hate Speech Laws?

Canada has hate speech laws, Australia has hate speech laws, Europe has hate speech laws, Russia has hate speech laws. Even developing African countries have hate speech laws so why doesn't America have them. To me it shows backwardness and inability to keep up with the 21st century.

splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/ideology/general-hate

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aQJdzvKAYhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cwZrIEJMZmQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>be Euro
>question the official Holocaust story
>go to prison

boy that sure is progressive and tolerant

because true freedom of speech allows hate speech. This isnt fucking Britain where my door gets kicked in and doggos shot because I said something someone disagreed with on twitter.

faggot

You only go to prison if you out-right deny parts of the Nuremberg trial

IT's not like that, they show up at work and give you a talk and tell you when you'll be seen in court.

True freedom of speech doesn't allow true hate speech because hate speech is inciting violence against another people's in the same way a threat is not protected by free speech.

However. Modern "hatespeech" laws are not to prevent violence but shut down dissidents of the establishments useful idiot of the day.

Because we are a more enlightened society.

>You only go to prison if you out-right deny
who is the backwards one?

>enlightenened
>allows hate speech

show me the definition of hate speech
then explicitly outline how each instance of it, as defined, is an incitement to violence against another person?

I won't wait up

Unhide your flag so we know if you're actually a Brit, you fucking Canadian.

>enlightened
>throws people in jail for something they said

our founders are based

Fuck you smelly nigger faggot.

>Why doesn't America have Hate Speech Laws?
Because fuck you, you fucking fanook. That's why.

There's no such thing as hate speech you dumb fuck.

>Implying that these countries are better off by restricting freedom of speech.

Sorry, but I'm not big on the idea of imprisoning people for saying mean words. If you're for that, Why come to a board like /pol?

Like most on /pol I believe that positive change comes through an allowance of purely free and open dialog--that's how the populace can determine what it will, and will not accept. Order from chaos, so to speak. Preventing people from espousing unpopular views doesn't increase liberty, it restrains it.

If someone has a shitty idea, I believe it's much more effective to have that person allowed stand up and express it...and for anyone willing to listen to disagree, and to have freedom to denounce that idea without fear of reproach.

Hate speech laws are just a way of forcing silence on people who's views are unpopular.

America

The founders weren't kikes

Words can cause damage

American founders did not want freedom of speech for most people.

Because it's redundant. Speech towards a specific demographic shouldn't be criminalized. If it's a death threat, then it should only be charged as a threat.

>American founders did not want freedom of speech for most people.
lies

They were against free speech

youtube.com/watch?v=aQJdzvKAYhQ

Legislation that differentiates between "inciting violence" and shut down dissidents is impossible.

tagging for relevance.

Hey, , Is this definition of hatespeech satisfactory for you?

>Hate Speech: speech which attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or gender.[1][2] In the law of some countries, hate speech is described as speech, gesture or conduct, writing, or display which is forbidden because it incites violence or prejudicial action against a protected group, or individual on the basis of their membership of the group, or because it disparages or intimidates a protected group, or individual on the basis of their membership of the group.

Just trying to start out on the same page.

The enlightment was big on free speech actually.

>Canada has hate speech laws, Australia has hate speech laws, Europe has hate speech laws, Russia has hate speech laws. Even developing African countries have hate speech laws so why doesn't America have them. To me it shows backwardness and inability to keep up with the 21st century.

It's illegal to incite violence. That's as far as it needs to go. Nobody wants the fucking government determining what is or isn't hate speech. Can you imagine the retarded laws Democrats would make? Can you imagine the laws that religious nuts would make? KYS for asking this question, OP.

(((Noam Chomsky)))

i think it has to do with this thing that was written into existence a while ago. It pretty much lets you say what ever without any government prosecution. Idk tho.

lol posting commie jews

They did from their perspective.They did not consider Africans to be people.

Nah, free speech in America was only solidified in 1964, most of American history they did well with the government banning speech

america controls the world and you question what made us great?

America became great when they restricted free speech.

Source?

youtube.com/watch?v=cwZrIEJMZmQ

In 1964 America enshrined free speech into its laws. That's the year America started going downhill.

Tell me this: What specific benefits do you believe hate speech laws bring to a nation's people?

Because enough Americans still recognize that (((hate speech))) is a fucking meme.
SAGE this piece of shit thread, fuck you OP.

I'm not responding to a troll

enjoy your ban

What's wrong with the picture? Who the fuck is stupid enough to support Islam?

Chompsky >if I were to deny [terrible atrocities], I doubt that I would be brought to court.

Me: That's a good thing. You can't be locked up for being factually incorrect--whether purposefully or otherwise--if what you say offends someone.

>that's the year America started going downhill.
How so? What makes America objectively worse than it was in the 60s, and how, specifically was that caused by a lak of hate speech laws?

Also, what specific benefits do you believe hate speech laws bring to a nation's people?

So is saying something like whites are evil/racist whatever the same as saying a tranny isn't a woman or that muslims are child rapists?

Or does it only apply when strait whites say something minorities don't like?

Omg

>enjoy your ban

This isn't reddit you faggot

I...wasn't trolling?

It IS the same. It's all equally protected under the law, and should be. If someone is a racist nazi skinhead, I'd prefer to be able to debate them, and show WHY their argument is wrong, rather than just have them not express it. That's how people FORGET why those beliefs are wrong.

-also, you didn't answer my question.

Because when you have a hate speech law all you have to do is change what the government considers hate speech then suppress all speech.

because we haven't gone full retard yet

Do you have any examples of someone being arrested for hate speech against whites?

Hate speech laws are stupid. Who want to go to jail because some ass doesn't like your opinion.

we're not faggots. soon enough bacon will be hate speech for triggering muslims and jews

I do not, and I agree that whites are selectively persecuted over minorities in western countries by PC culture. However, I fail to see how crafting hate speech laws would make that better. If anything, it would allow for legitimate legal recourse for SJW groups to attack anyone who offends them--the people offended by milk and haircuts.

Agreed. People say things I don't like all the time. They have the right to say what they want and I have the right to disagree. No one should go to jail or be punished for an opinion.

Same goes for "offensive" jokes

What´s written on this flag anyway?

>1. What specific benefits do you believe hate speech laws bring to a nation's people?

>2. How, SPECIFICALLY was america harmed by enshrining free speech into law?

I've asked you these questions multiple times, and you still haven't answered me. I'm assuming you either don't have the answers for them, or are writing me off as a troll to avoid defending your point, which is COWARDLY.

If you aren't prepared to back up your contentions, then don't start the debate.

>1. What specific benefits do you believe hate speech laws bring to a nation's people?

>2. How, SPECIFICALLY was america harmed by enshrining free speech into law?

I've asked you these questions multiple times, and you still haven't answered me. I'm assuming you either don't have the answers for them, or are writing me off as a troll to avoid defending your point, which is COWARDLY.

If you aren't prepared to back up your contentions, then don't start the debate.

We do.

By law, it is .

They don't have a debate.

They're butthurt because their country sucks big sweaty boners

It's called freedom.

Free speech is offensive speech, because anything you say will give offence to some bitch who makes it her business to offended by it.

Free speech is offensive speech, because anything you say will give offence to some bitch who makes it her business to offended by it.

Or to put it another way it's illegal to tell the truth in Germany because the (((winners))) of the war will be outraged by it.

Tell the truth
End the war
Free Germany!

Hate speech is based on feelings, you can't legislate on feeling because those are constantly changing. You need solid definitions, instead of the general idea of "hate speech" continuously growing to limit speech people don't like.

The Freedom of Speech, and of the Press, and the right of the People peaceably to assemble, and consult for their common good, and to apply to the Government for a redress of grievances, shall not be infringed.

This obsession with outlawing "hatespeech" is just a passive-aggressive assault on western civilisation by the you know whos. The problem is who gets to define "hate speech"?

FUCK OFF JIDF
s
a
g
e
d

Hate speech laws are borderline Orwellian.

Yeah America why don't you let the niggers silence you and then take over like the rest of the world? Jeez so ass backwards.

And look what's happening to it. It's turning into shit. You're going to be a caliphate in a few short years and nobody can say anything about it.

The problem isn't hate speech, it's lack of follow through

Yes it does.

Freedom of speech should include "all niggers should be dead" or "all mudslimes worship a pedophile goatfucker."

Hate speech IS free speech. My rights don't end where your feelings begin.

The numerous pieces of evidence proving that between five and six million Jews were killed by the Nazis include: ,
Records on the number of people sent to the larger death camps, which were built and used primarily for Jews;
Demographic studies of the number of Jews in Europe before and after the war;
Progress reports from Nazi commanders of death camps and from organized killing squads in the conquered territories;
Post-war testimonies by Nazi leaders and commanders
More recent evidence that has come to light, for example, as a result of excavation of mass graves of Jewish victims in the Ukraine.

Nazi leaders made numerous references to the extermination of Jews, including:

Diary of Joseph Goebbels, Hitler's propaganda chief (Lochner, The Goebbels Diaries, 1948, pp. 86, 147-148):

February 14, 1942: The Führer once again expressed his determination to clean up the Jews in Europe pitilessly. There must be no squeamish sentimentalism about it. The Jews have deserved the catastrophe that has now overtaken them. Their destruction will go hand in hand with the destruction of our enemies. We must hasten this process with cold ruthlessness.

March 27, 1942: The procedure is a pretty barbaric one and not to be described here more definitely. Not much will remain of the Jews. On the whole it can be said that about 60 per cent of them will have to be liquidated whereas only 40 per cent can be used for forced labor.

SS Chief Heinrich Himmler's speech at Posen on October 4, 1943, which was captured on audiotape (Trial of the Major War Criminals, 1948, Vol. XXIX, p. 145):

I refer now to the evacuation of the Jews, the extermination of the Jewish people. This is one of those things that is easily said: "the Jewish people are being exterminated," says every Party member, "quite true, it's part of our plans, the elimination of the Jews, extermination, we're doing it." uyi

Because we aren't kikes like you.
How please remove that kekistan flag from your post and kill yourself.