Internet outage for over half of united states last night

and no threads on Sup Forums...
that dod cme drill ran a few days early, huh?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AVKDm4PhEwI
youtube.com/watch?v=-XjayddbksQ
downdetector.com/
downdetector.com/status/spectrum/map/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How are they supposed to post about it if their internet is out

I had this issue, changing the dns manually in the router fixed it. Seems like somebody was ddosing the isp dns servers and dhcp was failing

I use phone tethering for internet, and I didn't have any problems. Maybe nobody else did because they were asleep.

mobile devices.
also, the rest of you should've been talking about it since everybody's going crazy about nov. 4th crap.

i tried the dns change to google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and it wouldn't work for me.

I notice some outage in Canada, but I'm not sure if it was related?
My connection kept dropping

Source?

On your pc or in the router, and did you wait a bit?

in the router itself.

it just came back less than an hour ago and started around 10pm cst. sucked ass

Explains why the war thunder servers suddenly came back from being laggy as hell.

mine went out yesterday around 5 pm cst.

Your third world tier internet is PATHETIC.

shitty. i ended up just watching my backlog of blurays instead of shitposting. i had better see a credit in my bill ffs

youtube.com/watch?v=AVKDm4PhEwI

Gentle reminder, 4 days after the above psychic driving operation Arab Spring occurred. What does the below herald?

youtube.com/watch?v=-XjayddbksQ

i decided to get some extra work done.
had a bunch of files i needed to finish up on.

I hope your ISP isn't Spectrum. Hell will become absolutely glacial before Spectrum gives out any credits for service outages.

spectrum told me they've already approved crediting accounts that had outages.

I think they are testing selective internet outages for martial law purposes. Or they are connecting that new pipeline

>connecting that new pipeline

Can confirm, internet outage in my area started around 1:00am pst

We were out from about 12am until 4am. Central time. This is kinda scary, usually don't get worried about stuff like this but this seems real.

link

I didn't lose internet all night

got a source, bubba?

What's ur ISP? Spectrum was down for me in San Antonio last night.

Have you tried turning if off and on again?

yeah I had dns failures too around. mmm 11 pm ish eastern time. Nothing would work, thought it was my system. today im printing of all my how to make stuff pages.. like............... what where those things called? OH yeah, books. pre internet classic items. laughs

Spectrum in Austin, no outage

downdetector.com/

I am nowhere near there. I'm in new england. I did have exactly 2 failure to connects while trying to post, though. NBD happens sometimes

I meant this my bad

Well this makes me feel a little better I guess. I was just pissed off last night because my kid woke up crying about some scary dream and I couldn't turn on the roku in his room to get back to sleep or stream bullshit in my room to help me get back to sleep. But when I saw this thread I was like "oh shit it wasn't just me maybe there's something serious going on"

wew, looks like she lost uplink for a few seconds and the body didn't knew what to do without control commands coming in.

>congratulations! you have downs!

Huh.
No outage here.

Really? I had a two week outage not long ago and they refused to credit me. Of course, due to recent mergers, they're the only ISP in my area

they had almost every customer in texas out last night.

My ISP cut off internet access and threatened me last night for something called "torrenting". I had to click agree to get it back on. I hear something called VPN will stop such odd allegations.

Preparing to shut it down

>i tried the dns change to google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and it wouldn't work for me.

Some ISPs wont allow any DNS other than theirs.

Interesting

Is there some source on this? We were out last night in San Antonio but I wanna show my wife that it wasn't just us.

Is this what Sup Forums thinks is gonna happen on the 4th?

Mass internet outage so "they" can come and kill all Sup Forums posters?

Na, they doing it so cannot communicate

that why Sup Forums was so good
more internet outage please

** WE

>Is there some source on this?
besides me calling spectrum and the tech telling me that?
downdetector.com/status/spectrum/map/

Nevermind I found it. I hope you guys are ready, shits gonna get real

But you do think "they" are going to cut internet on the 4th then start some kind of operation?

>that why Sup Forums was so good
Sup Forums was horrible last night, too much antifa bullshit.

Major urban center BTFO!
Urabanite Status: CRUSHED!

Yes, the dod has been involve in bunch of drills including "operation gotham".

You never know, crazier things have happened. It's an open secret Jews killed jfk and there's nothing we can or will do. Something seems farfetched until it manifests, I hope this isn't the case with the 4th.

ANTIFA

My connection was dropping out recently too.
last time it happened was earlier today and it started yesterday afternoon

I reckon the 4th thing is just gonna be another march where they devolve into smashing windows and looting after a couple hours
Just like usual

Thinking about it, everyone should purchase a gopro, or some chink action cam, battery packs and document as much as possible if live communication is blocked.

Since the meme is no power and no internet, so you'll need something with batteries. People think phone, but batteries aren't optimized that we'll to do long duration recording.

Fucking psychos.

At the least, protest parade. Mid level, wide spread LA riot where it's absolute chaos and not safe to go outside. The worst would be home invasions and groid led mob mentality of savagery.

It's always best to be safe than sorry and heed warnings if you are blessed with them.

all its gonna take is "Hey guys did you know a nazi lives here?" for home invasions to start

People do things they imagine were incapable of once under mob control, I think that's why the middle east is the way it is. They believe in mob violence still of public hangings and stonings, then rounding your friends up to do what's become routine.

Uhm...if the web is down, then it's down. Wireless, broadband, or dial up.

My connection has been perfect all day yesterday and so far today. Based FIOS.

Decided to google, there are a few articles by outlets made on this in multiple regions and nationwide articles.

It's either an error or maintenance that caused it, so coincidence in timing or it is tampering test in advance of the 4th. Wish more people saw the potential significance of this thread.

Looked at catalog, disgusting number of slide threads.

this. OP doesn't understand how the Internet works

I used Google WiFi which uses Google DNS by default, and had blazing fast internet on my Google Chromebook Pixel. If you bought all Google stuff you would have not had an internet outage. Google won't let that happen, when you're providing them so much valuable data.

One day I'd like to drink at least a virtual beer with the Russian trolls who helped beat Hillary.

This is magnificent and an exploitable moment where Russian nerds think they are destabilizing the US by helping the right wing they think will fail. The beauty of this is neither the paid Russians or the rest of us really give a shit.

All other systems are fail. The world should run on our lulz!

There could be a virus or a focused attack on the entire net or certain company frame work. I know it seems paranoid, but new Internet security holes appear even after all that's been discovered. Then the fact they have an 18 billion bankroll, you never know if they assembled whomever to crack a code or find ways to overload x y and z. This could be a test or dummy virus for what's coming.

My internet is slow as fuck so i didnt notice any difference

Yeah, sorry about that. I spilled my beer into one of the core routers while doing maintenance and it knocked out an AS in Omaha.

The source of the outage affected cellular communication as well.

What did I tell you about drinking on the job o'flaherty? Knew I should have canned your ass a long time ago.

Can confirm its still going into this morning.

I believe this cause I play on a server with most Americans and last night was pretty empty server so this user might be on to something here ,cause usually its pretty full server on a night

wew, nice catch.

The closer it gets, the spoopier it gets.

It was noticeably quiet in here that's for sure.

Interesting

Actually the last two nights running at about current time, I had outages for about 30 minutes. What gives?

WHAT COULD THIS MEAN? HMMMMM

Discuss

this worked if you didn't reboot your modem at all when the outage happened, which is like everyone's first instinct

I was able to ping 8.8.8.8 but not www.google.com so I knew it was a DNS thing but after the modem reboot I couldn't ping shit so I went to bed early and woke up and it was just barely fixed 25m before.

>everyone's first instinct
You give people too much credit, your average person is usually dogshit at anything tech related. So they might have a notable outage for a considerable duration where all they need is a certain window for it.

It always seems when major happenings occur, they are coupled with other seemingly large happenings alongside.

Last year Antifa cut a fibre backhaul in Stockton, CA that took out the bay area 60 miles to the west.
Big outage in Austin? Sounds like Antifa cut a Sprectrum fibre line.

That's extremely jewish