Can anyone explain how announcing sages is any different from downvoting on reddit...

Can anyone explain how announcing sages is any different from downvoting on reddit? How did this trend start on Sup Forums?

>saged

Lurk moar, sage shill/ possibly nufag

Wew lad

You need to go back

>sage
*downvote

FTFY

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHY THE RULES ARENT ENFORCED AND WHY THEY ARENT BANNED FOR DOING THIS?

Sage

>Submitting false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the reporting system may result in a ban. Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.

I've been banned for announcing a sage even though I just told others to sage. it's a 3day ban, user. Easily subverted, if you want to be a faggot and report people for it. otherwise sage the fucking offtopic bs

Sage goes in all fields

Seriously - hiro should just add up- and down- arrows next to threads on Sup Forums with an option to bump and sage. You guys would feel like home.

same
the only one you can really get away with is announcing a polite sage beacuse off topic
unless its a newfag mod who doesnt into 2ch board culture
but ive never gotten a ban or warning for polite sage so far

Fucking newfag.

>board culture

more like reddit culture
no other Sup Forums board acts like this

wasnt talking about Sup Forums i was talking about 2ch annoucing sage but ok

Sage doesn't mean shit if you use the catalog.

It's redditor subversion to try and make Sup Forums more similar to their shit home site where free speech doesn't exist.

Textbook faggotry from OP

announcing sage is against the rules and a bannable offense.

>Meme flag + obvious question
Well shi'll be damned

you have to be absolutely fucking retarded to have a problem with this

sage is virtually dead, you really want to bitch about the handful of people keeping it on life support by reminding people it exists?

Saging is older than this board, newfag

>1 post by this ID

Sage grows in all fields

you are a fucking faggot
when people say lurk more this is why
suck a dick then kill yourself

Interesting that Sup Forums has so low a rate of sage considering it's shilled 24/7 whenever a happening happens

these stats are ancient from when sage was still visible, check out what they display as Sup Forums's newest post
I expect it to have dropped to

There's a difference between saging and announcing sages. The latter is the most reddit thing on Sup Forums next to IDs

another meme flag making a slide thread

must be some big news going on

>dude slide thread lmao

go back to /r/the_dolan. Sup Forums is not your echo chamber where only thing you want can be discussed

>trumps twitter is announcing broadcom bringing back 20 billion dollars to america
>donna brazile saying clinton ran the dnc during the election
there is probably more

It's probably a little more dismissive and disrespectful from whatever the fuck it is you do on reddit.

Sup Forums started it long ago. It was a way to collectively harass newfags and bully shit threads into archive.
I remember being confused seeing tons of posts of green leafy spice and autistic sage ree posts

>implying sage does anything other than preventing your message from bumping the thread back to page 1
hownu.ru

>more like reddit culture
more like reddit cancer

>not understanding difference between saging and announcing sages

isn't it a banable offense anyway?

>implying that an announced sage does anything to the thread either

Dude nice contentless slide LMAO rating 1/2 stars