Jesus

So /pol is jesus real.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OrHeg77LF4Y
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexamenos_graffito
youtube.com/watch?v=30AunYXtYDg
en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Annals_(Tacitus)/Book_15#44
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Of course not. History is written by the winners, and it's never honest.

Yes, and he loves you.

Matthew 6:24

I'd like to think so but the whole hell thing ruins it for me. Like fuck that shit man, how can that be the plan?

No

Any respectable historian will tell you he existed. Whether he was divine or not is another question.

>how can that be the plan?
Hell is the only punishment terrible enough for all that the kikes have done.

The winners kind of killed him man.

Hey OP, Jesus here.

What can I do for ya?

Die again kike

>being this blindly accepting of authority
HAHAHAHA no. Any historian who wants to keep his career will tell you he existed.

Yes lol.

U can't feel it when u step inside a church?

There's no evidence of that.

Yes, Jesus is real

He is and he loves you.

When He reveals Himself to you, you'll know. You'll never forget the intense happiness and awe.

>respectable
>historian
Oh, see, there's your mistake.
But also, no, they won't. Don't lie.
Do you feel ghosts? That's weird, man.

yes, and the jews murdered him, eternally (BTFO'd) washing them and their kin in the innocent blood, dooming themselves for eternity; allowing those who believe forgiveness, and freedom from these mortal trappings

the bible can be interpreted as a metaphor. yet it is not taught properly. first, accept that a true religion exists. but also, know that it concerns itself with science, astronomy, medicine, sociology and more, leaving no stone unturned. jesus cannot do that. all he can teach you is to white knuckle getting cucked by kikes and yearn for a 'heaven' that will never happen. reincarnation is true though, please accept this.

whether the man Jesus Christ existed is unlikely yet to me, whether he existed or not is actually irrelevant. religiosity is unitary pantheism, not stubborn self sacrificing monotheism

Right Wing politics are concerned with the long-term survival of Civilization
But Christianity is only concerned with personal salvation to become part of a nebulous afterlife for which no evidence exists, and for which this world needs to be sacrificed, which is best expressed in the way early christians like Martin of Tours refused to fight enemies of their nations, insofar killing in this world could cost them heaven; this is also why more modern christians like Martin Luther said (I quote):
- "it is the duty of a Christian to suffer injustice, not to seize the sword and take to violence" - Martin Luther

When Jesus says "if they take your coat, let them have your shirt as well", "do not resist evil", "I have come to turn a man against his own household", "if you don't hate your self and your own family you can't follow me", "love your enemies, pray for your persecutors", "the meek will inherit the Earth", "those that wanna die will live", "blessed are those the persecuted, for they will be my Kingdom", "do not save treasures for tomorrow", "carry your cross so that you can receive eternal reward", "Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you'll have treasure in heaven", "it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye than for the rich to enter Heaven", "Woe to you who are well fed, Woe to you who laugh, for you will mourn and weep"...

... he isn't kidding, or meaning the opposite, but setting down a morality where the world is a lie and only the afterlife is the real deal, so destroying your life in this world, "carrying your cross" as he says, is completely logical
While christian churches seem to be very well of this (including orthodox leader Patriarch Bartholomew), Sup Forums "christians" seem to believe Jesus actually meant the OPPOSITE of all that, and that Jesus wants you to defend your family, that Jesus wants you to kill your enemies, to become prosperous, well-fed and rich in this world, and to avoid persecution and death!

Not even reading these screenshots. Sure they're just some dumb shit.
Only a person that does not actually believe in the Heaven for the persecuted, the meek, and the martyred would actually re-interpret Christianity as a cult of earthly power which declares "the strong shall inherit the Earth", "my kingdom is of this world" and "you must destroy the enemies of your nation"
Only some one that just wanna use Christianity as an empty shell devoid of any true religious promises would claim that Paul and Peter misinterpreted Jesus when they submitted to their enemies and died to them while praying for them, instead of fighting the romans back and establishing a crusader kingdom, thing that one would expect them to do if Jesus meant "be a fighter and impose your will on your enemies" when he said "love your enemies and lend all they need to them without expecting anything in return"

But using Christianity as a shell devoid of any religious promises simply allows its poisonous morality to survive into the next generation.
You can tell your children that Jesus wanted them to be earthly warriors because "I didn't come to bring peace", but you can't stop them from reading the rest of the paragraph and realizing what Jesus wanted is for them to put christian morality above the good-being of their own families.

There's more of this pasta but these are the parts I liked and saved.
You can tell your children that Jesus wanted them to be earthly warriors because "Buy a sword", but you can't stop them from reading the next chapter and realizing that Jesus stopped Peter from using the sword to fight and defeat the romans, and reprimanded him for misunderstanding, all while asking him to carry his own cross (Peter, fully realizing that Jesus meant all the stuff about embracing death and his kingdom was not of this world, that angelic chariots were not going to slay his enemies and bring him victory, realized he was doomed, and would then deny Jesus 3 times)
You can tell your children that Jesus wanted them to be earthly warriors because ""Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces", but you can't stop them from reading the rest of the paragraph and realizing that Jesus was asking them, not to destroy their enemies, but to not put in risk their own moral position by criticizing others. You may want them to believe that Jesus, in the middle of a speech about not judging other people and sharing, suddenly decided that speak against the muslims that didn't even exist back then!

That is not going to fly.
Sooner or later, your "strict catholic crusader" state will be reformed into liberalism, because the Gospel will still exist, because your children, like Peter, will realize that Jesus meant it when he said "you are to be persecuted and martyred for me", that Jesus didn't say "you will live in a stable and powerful civilization, free of oppresion and death, thanks to me".

>Right Wing politics are concerned with the long-term survival of Civilization
will you be alive then? you are concerned about things you can't even decide unlike your own afterlife

Yes. He brought true freedom into the hearts of men for the first time in recorded history, regardless of the political, economical, or cultural system they were living in

No. Every religion is the same story and it's all just based on astronomy.

youtube.com/watch?v=OrHeg77LF4Y

One of the earliest depictions of Christ shows him on a Cross. Besides, the punishment for blasphemy is death, and the Talmud has Jesus boiling in a pot of poo for all eternity.
>pic related: the Alexamenos Graffiti

Jesus is a myth. This has recently become an established fact. The truth will set you free.

yes, I know Jesus is the Christ through scripture study and prayer. You can never prove empirically that Christ is the god of this world. Why would God give you personal revelation of the divinity of Christ if you are not sincere in your desire to follow that knowledge once it is given to you? Only those who are sincere to act on that knowledge will be given it be diligently seeking it through scripture study and prayer. Faith is not a perfect knowledge, or else it would just be knowledge. Only prophets in the Bible walk by knowledge and not faith. Life would be pretty meaningless if all the hard work that is invested in cultivating family relationships would just cease to exist after death. Christ gives me hope for a better world after this life. Even if he was not real, I could not see a better way of life than following the teachings of Christ.

1 Corinthians 2:

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

>no evidence
>500 witnesses to the resurrection
>early Christians were persecuted until death
What would make you hold on to something until death?

Even secular historians believe he was real, they just don't buy the divinity stuff.

Religious movements don't just pop out of nowhere they need a founder.

Except there's letters and writings that have been found, written by the Jews that killed him, talking about Jesus and his false miracles. As a guy, he existed. You're a nutcase if you think otherwise.

why he has a horse head?

>talking about Jesus and his false miracles
Blaspheming the Holy Spirit, don't do it folks.

To mock Alexamenos and his God, as it reads "Alexamenos worships [his] God,"

It's the head of a dronkey.
>It was apparently drawn by a Roman soldier to mock another soldier who was a Christian. The caption reads, in Greek, "Alexamenos worships [his] God", while the image shows a man raising his hand toward a crucified figure with a donkey's head. This seems to refer to a Roman misconception that the Jews worshipped a god with the form of a donkey, so that the image would be at once (((antisemitic))) and anti-Christian.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexamenos_graffito

i should clarify that the artiste who made the graffiti probably intended to draw a donkey's head.

The actual historical record of Christianity completely contradicts the notion that it's creed is somehow at odds with civilization, seeing as the pinnacle of civilization, Western civilization is Christian.

youtube.com/watch?v=30AunYXtYDg

Kek

>why strive for a good future for your people?
>you won't even be alive then
>just focus on an imaginary "afterlife"
See, yeah, this is the kind of bullshit I'm talking about.
I love this "they died for their dumb beliefs so that makes it true" line of reasoning. Now try and explain why this reasoning can't be applied to other dumb cultists, this part is always hilarious.
I thought the joke was going for that their god is an ass.
And I don't know what you're trying imply, anti-jew and anti-christian are the same since christianity is a jew cult.

The Romans thought so

Of course He is.
Shit thread, OP

>I love this "they died for their dumb beliefs so that makes it true" line of reasoning. Now try and explain why this reasoning can't be applied to other dumb cultists, this part is always hilarious.
Find me a cult in which the leader died and then came back to life.

The fact that they died for their beliefs showed that they actual believed them and weren't just hucksters.

That is that the Apostles, first hand witnesses of Jesus and his followers, actually believed their own testimony.

Love. Jesus is a myth. All God(s) are man made. BTFO!

YES! Without him you wouldn't exist and without him you can do nothing! Believe on his death for your sins, on his burial and his resurrection from the dead and you are forgiven of every sin for ever

Can you name a cult whose followers died for the claim that their leader did miracles?

Ones they personally saw or didn't see. Name one where they willingly died for their own lies.

Jesus never existed. That is the conclusion of researcher s who have combed 126 texts written during or shortly after the time Jesus is supposed to have lived. The research concluded that there was no creditable mention of Jesus whatsoever. The known sources such as Josephus etc. that do have very vague mentions of a possible Jesus are now known to be Christian interpolations and are academic embarrassment when used to prove the historicity of the 'Christ". Jesus, the messianic figure at the center of the world's largest religion, Christianity, was simply a fictional character. The story of Jesus bears a close resemblance to numerous other mythological stories of ancient gods who were born of virgin mothers and performed miracles. Man made Gods.

>creditable mention

>vague mentions of Jesus
>Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular.
en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Annals_(Tacitus)/Book_15#44